Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:55 PM

Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences (17877 Views)

How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by jnrbayano(m): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
okparaugo:

God bless you brother.

People blame the devil a lot.

Go to church without food, you won't sleep for a second..

Thank you brother smiley
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by jnrbayano(m): 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
Therock5555: wow, this is just perfect, I like the solutions given

Thank you brother smiley
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by planetuzor(m): 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
[size=22pt] You can't sleep in DASTAR christian centre..... Not like usher will wake u oo, it just that word of wisdom from the senior Pastor will just not make you wanna sleep!![/size]
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by ladycomfort(f): 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
To me sleeping in the church is a very bad habit. I sometimes sleep in the church during vigil but during sunday sermon i cant remember ever doing that.
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by AbuMikey(m): 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
nnekamezor: i see...so wat was d drug forAs in illness

To sleep, but I took an overdose of it
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by RazziP(m): 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
coolnairaland with sick question...abeg go ask my pastor i no dey sleep for church
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
AbuMikey: hmmm......

Just once sha, what happened was that I took 3 capsules of Tramaldol on Saturday morning.

Boy, I was like Vegetable all through Saturday and like someone with sleeping sickness all through Sunday grin

I sleep for church sotey peeps com dey ask if I dey sick embarassed

Was that drug taken in overdose ?
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Kalvan: 1:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
Danhumprey: Mehn! I hate sleepy in church,honestly. To me,it's just not polite. It's just ridiculous. I don't like it when I'm being tapped by the usher or someone sitting by my side. [b]Or when the pastor caught me sleeping and ask me to st[/b]and up.

A more recent incidence of sleeping in church was last Sunday service. Early in the morning of that day(around 3am - 5am),I was awake,surfing the net. After then,I went back to sleep and by 6:30am,I was up. I had wanted to wake up by 6:00am and start preparing for service o,but I woke up late. Started preparing for service. And by 7am,I was on my way to church. I got to church before 8am. Service usually start by 8am. I was lively as the service was going on. But when it was time for the pastor's sermon,sleep came. It wasn't that the pastor's message was boring per se(infact,it was shorter than normal),but sleep won't let me be. To make matter worst,the weather was cool and I sat near one of the side doors,and the cool breeze was blowing past me. Gradually,I began to feel sleepy. Twice,I slept off only to wake up when a strange feeling that the chair I was sitting on wanted to break,surge through me.

Na so I wake up each time and pretend like I wasn't sleeping.gringringrin

Pastor asking you to stand up? Pastor asking a GROWN @ss man to stand up?

SMH.

You no dey shame?!

3 Likes

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by AbuMikey(m): 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
okparaugo:

Was that drug taken in overdose ?

Yes
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Ojestas(m): 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
Baba God, forgive me o. .na when sunday school begin i know, i woke up when they were rounding it up. . almost 45minutes. .Chai!
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Goldenheart(m): 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
i used to sleep too long ago....

but "i disciplined myself"

its been more than 10 years since i dozed, it has also helped me in other areas of life, i can stay up in all forms of business meetings without blinking...

Its not the devil, its just u lack discipline...

1 Like

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
ijbeauty: Am a year older, stronger, wiser, blessed and ofcourse more beautiful...........

Happy birthday to me...... Wishing me many more and fruitful years ahead.............

Sorry op, I don't sleep in church no more

Happy Birthday...
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by datguru: 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
Therock5555: In my church the ushers are James Bond incarnate, one could barely sleep in that church, so one saturday which I did all night gaming. My eyes could barely stay open that morning and popsy would rather hang me than allow me stay at home on sunday morning. I put on shades and went to church, I was seeing double so I code for one chair. During prayers I was busy nodding my head, people thought I was praying but I was busy nodding joyfully in sleep land.

how dem take catch me bad o, my bible been dey slide down gently and so was my head, the next thing I knew my bible don crash, I jerked and almost fell of the chair, some pple been dey laf me for choir stand but I no send, I just got up slowly and went outside till church close. E no easy at all o

LAMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
danielmichael: For ma church wey ah de worship,ushers der na final commandos,mabasi...e get one sunday like dis like dis,dt time pastor bin de preach na,dis guy whr siton near me na new peson for de chrch oo him no knw say de ushers here na commandos whr de karry cup full wid water de go around searchin for sleep walkers during preachin na to shatter de water on dier face o..omor ma guy de sleep,me whr undastand de ushers pattern,I no near to sleep atall,I de cool lik saint mary catholic..dis ma guy na de enjoy sleep wella naso one usher and na male usher kom gently to de guy plc shatter am water well,dis usher no knw say dis guy na final commando himsef naso ma guy wakeup slap dis usher well omor see fight for chrch na..me whr bin near guy jus comot go stand awtsde cos de way whr I bin see dat guy..omor dis peopl fight sotey chrch scatter.naso dis guy jus de shout comot gun wan shoot dis usher sayin y de usher com wake am up say him bin near to rob bank whr money full na de time whr dis usher com wake am up..omor evribdy whr get leg for chrch run..e bad for handicaps whr no get leg cos yur own don finish...e no guud mak dem disturb peson wn dem de sleep.u no knw weda e de minister wid god or de holi spirit..

Co.rk and bull story..

1 Like

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
AbuMikey:

To sleep, but I took an overdose of it
Ahhhh, drug abuseshocked
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by dokunbam(m): 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
lacreamieboie: Chai! My experience na waya... I was fast asleep during one church service na im dis Usher begin dey tap me... as I wake up, clear eye, I told her that I wasn't sleeping and then she replied... "You are snoring".... O Boie come see laff! Too embarrassed, I had to go outta Church ooo!

grin
Looooool
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
kingzjay: My experience was very embarrassing!

After watching Champions League match late into the night on saturday, I slept around 2am, which was a Sunday. In church that morning, I couldn't hold back the sleep, even though I fought hard, so I allowed the sleep take its course.

While sleeping, I dreamt of a mighty wind tossing the coconut tree while me and my friends were under the tree. As the wind progressed, one of the coconut fruit fell. In a hurry I screamed 'Run... Its falling down'. Only to wake up and find people all starring at me... I'm sure I screamed at the top of my voice...

Its was so shameful

Did it eventually fall down ? grin
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by tunesoft(m): 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
Normal thing.....like 10 to 15mins nap. no harm in that....
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
DickDastardly: coolest place for undisturbed sweet nap!

Best place for rest. I love sleeping in church. grin

1 Like

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by ayukdaboss(m): 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
Harmvirus:

Lol.. U don check?

Abi cheesy
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by guiddoti: 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
Please permit me to share this:
I heard a message in the church on dangerous sleep. The preacher said sleep is : Normal, Neutral and Natural. He spoke intensively on various sleep recorded in the bible, the presumptious sleep of Samson, thinking all is well. The sleep of the foolish virgins. The sleep of perdiction of Jonah. The sleep of the sluggard. The sleep of weariness. Above all, this one terrifies my imaginations on that said day in the church. The sleep of death or deep sleep. He told of a story of Eutychus being fallen into a deep sleep, and as Paul was long preaching he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the 3rd loft, and taken up dead. Paul had to jumped on him, and was revived.
After the message, my orientation changed. You, too, can strive to be awake during the church, though, It is not easy.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by robinicule(m): 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
i suffered from catholic church mehn.....no drug for it u must surely feel drowsy in dat church, no matter how big ur eyeballs are, even segun eyerinze can testify
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by otokx(m): 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
He loves observing people sleep in church, the service usually lasts 3 hours and people tend to sleep during sermon. Men usually disguise their sleeping style unlike women. Today 1 man just threw back his head, mouth open facing the ceiling and was sleeping during sermon. It was a funny sight and lasted about 11 minutes.

1 Like

Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by DonGoK(f): 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
grin Its very true oo. It do happen to me many times n it can b very embarassing. Even if d sermon is interesting I find masef fighting against sleep n after d sermon my eyes will b wide open. I do fink sum terrestial powers r just out to always embarass me in church. Am sure pple wld av noticed me now n dts wt dey will always luk out for in church.
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Alfred234(m): 3:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
bloglover: Most times I find myself sleeping during sermon and immediately after sermon, am wide awake as if I never slept.... am I possessed?
Lol this also happens to me but most times its either bcuz the sermon was too long or Boring. I just don't like long sermons
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Nimen(m): 3:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
Omo leave me oo ah don sleep, snore, drool and even fart for inside church... A whole church drummer lmao
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Bigsteveg(m): 3:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
Therock5555: Api sunday you all, I have always noticed a usual trend, people sleeping during church services. Please have anyone been caught before, share your experiences.

What's the cause? Is it true that devil usually knocks people in church? How can one stop it? Have you been caught or are you Don in sleeping in church?

Please share ur experiences..

I would share mine now..

It depends on the church, my church Harvest House, Akobo ibadan..u no fit sleep despite the ac blowing u away..the service is always exciting, even Rev preaching go be lyk say make he no finish again, i havn't slept b4 but there is a baptist church i do go to when am not around, o boy, as d choir dey minister, i don slip go..na wen we wan share grace i go wake up as per say we go hold hand.
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by lekzzydo(m): 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
kingzjay: My experience was very embarrassing!

After watching Champions League match late into the night on saturday, I slept around 2am, which was a Sunday. In church that morning, I couldn't hold back the sleep, even though I fought hard, so I allowed the sleep take its course.

While sleeping, I dreamt of a mighty wind tossing the coconut tree while me and my friends were under the tree. As the wind progressed, one of the coconut fruit fell. In a hurry I screamed 'Run... Its falling down'. Only to wake up and find people all starring at me... I'm sure I screamed at the top of my voice...

Its was so shameful
hmmmmmmm not only that u r an expert in sleeping u r also a professional in lies....champions league on saturday. Even d final played on saturday was arnd 7:30pm........Diaris God 4 all diz lies
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Jhayeahsam01(m): 3:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
if only the praise night is bored..... I call sleep to play
Re: Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences by Bigsteveg(m): 4:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
[quote author=OkikiOluwa1]
All I can say is I v 5years sleeping experience in Church.[/
quote]

Uhnmmm, 5 yrs sleepin xperience...Devil know ur number o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell? / Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico / Apostle Suleman Bags Double Awards In Atlanta-Georgia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.