Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Are Genotype Tests A Standard B4 Marriage In Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Genotype Tests A Standard B4 Marriage In Christianity? (991 Views)

Women In Christianity And The Bible / Age Of Marriage In Medieval Times Or Paedophilia? / The Questions Nobody Wants To Answer In Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Genotype Tests A Standard B4 Marriage In Christianity? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 20, 2014
Hello folks, I am a believer and would like to ask this question because many churches and believers seem to be following a trend which I see as unscriptural. Why would a church ask an intended couple to run a genotype test before "permitting" the wedding. although I have my own position on this I would like to hear yours.

God bless us all
Re: Are Genotype Tests A Standard B4 Marriage In Christianity? by Illuminatus(m): 11:22am On Jul 20, 2014
Yes. Most churches insist on the tests. They recognise that Sickle Cell Anemia is a serious illness and it causes a rift in the family. A family in a church I attend has two boys suffering from the illness and it is really disturbing.
Anyway, I think churches insist on these tests to help the couple make an informed decision. If after the testing, the couple insist they want to marry, the church (at least, the one I attend) doesn't say no. They still wed the couple...
Re: Are Genotype Tests A Standard B4 Marriage In Christianity? by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 20, 2014
perhaps I didnt make the question clear enough. I asked this from the context of a believer and also directed at believers who want to wed. I do know that as believers we are of a different and higher lineage.

The bible says we are in the world but not of this world which means we operate under a different law. Is it Gods wisdom for genotype tests or is it mans wisdom? If we permit and run genotype tests where then is the place of faith? Is God now unable to perform the miracle of AS and AS producing AA continually? Was it lack of faith that brough about these tests or is it just human wisdom?
Re: Are Genotype Tests A Standard B4 Marriage In Christianity? by angela98(f): 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
It has nothing to do with Christianity but the awareness and precautions to breeding healthy offsprings...awareness and knowledge can come from anywhere..either church, mosque, babalawo cabana, market place, etc

1 Like

Re: Are Genotype Tests A Standard B4 Marriage In Christianity? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
angela98: It has nothing to do with Christianity but the awareness and precautions to breeding healthy offsprings...awareness and knowledge can come from anywhere..either church, mosque, babalawo cabana, market place, etc

ur expose isnt from a christian perspective. I need answers from a christian angle
Re: Are Genotype Tests A Standard B4 Marriage In Christianity? by filiks(m): 6:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
naijadeyhia: Hello folks, I am a believer and would like to ask this question because many churches and believers seem to be following a trend which I see as unscriptural. Why would a church ask an intended couple to run a genotype test before "permitting" the wedding. although I have my own position on this I would like to hear yours.

God bless us all

'My people perish for lack of knowledge'. So it's good to know, try to know all you can so you won't perish for lack of knowledge.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Is Arch Angel Michael?? / How Many Times Do You Take Offering In Your Church? / Muslim Absurdity-praying While At A Space Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.