Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,921 members, 7,956,455 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:20 PM

On the Identification Of Nigerians Living Anywhere In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On the Identification Of Nigerians Living Anywhere In Nigeria (407 Views)

FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens / You Are Better Off In Benin Republic, Buhari Tells Nigerians Living There / How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On the Identification Of Nigerians Living Anywhere In Nigeria by Germannig: 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
I see untraveled and unexposed Nigerians crying wolf about plans by some states to issue ID cards to residents. I ask what is the problem with that?

I have lived in 5 different countries in 3 continents and in one of those countries (not Nigeria) I lived in 3 different states. In each of these countries (apart from Nigeria) I was issued with an ID card. I even have 3 different state IDs.

SO what is the big deal about issuing Igbos living in the North with ID card?
What is the big deal about issuing same to Northerners in Igboland?
What is the big deal about Yorubas in Igboland and vice versa possessing residence ID cards?
Perhaps this is one good thing that Boko Haram has done for Nigeria, as it would allow you to know who your neighbour is.

There are other more important things to ban in Nigeria such as Boko Haram, corruption and certificate forgery.
Re: On the Identification Of Nigerians Living Anywhere In Nigeria by Germannig: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
FG has no reason to ban registration of residents. What they should ban is deportation of residents

(1) (Reply)

Yeh! Couple Dupe Victims N20m In Fake Auction Sales / Nasir El-rufai’s Son Killed In Auto Accident / Jonathan Lacks The Political Will To Destroy Boko Haram – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.