Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH (2923 Views)

Labaran Maku About To Unseat Governor Almakura In Tribunal / List Of Lawmakers In The 7th Assembly Who Didn’t Sponsor A Single Bill / History Beckons As Buhari Sets To Unseat Jonathan - Leadership Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by Ogbonaikenna(m): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
Peoples Democratic Party
Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To
Unseat Governor Ajimobi -
PUNCH
Governor of Oyo State, Abiola
Ajimob
BY OLUFEMI ATOYEBI AND KAYODE
IDOWU
JUL 20, 2014
Governor of Oyo State, Abiola
Ajimobi faces impeachment
threats from state lawmakers
In Oyo State, the fear of the
possible impeachment of
Governor Abiola Ajimobi
heightened last week with a
series of secret political moves by
members of the state House of
Assembly.
The development in Oyo is
coming just as one of our
correspondents gathered that
there was apprehension in
Borno State over the rumoured
defection of the former Governor
of the state, Senator Ali Modu-
Sheriff, to the Peoples Democratic
Party. There are fears the
defection might ignite a political
crisis in the state.
In Oyo, a source told one of our
correspondents in confidence
that, at least, 24 House members
had been meeting secretly and
that more members were being
wooed to join the group. He said
10 legislators from the APC had
joined the 14 other legislators
from the PDP and AP and that
they were holding secret
meetings on the modalities to
impeach either the governor or
the speaker, Monsurat Sumonu.
The House has 32 members with
the All Progressives Congress
having 18 members; Peoples
Democratic Party nine; while the
Accord Party, which had seven,
now has five members.
The source said, “The House has
been calm because the speaker is
dancing to the governor’s tune.
Once she is removed, the new
Speaker can go ahead to
implement the impeachment
plan. But the problem is that the
group has yet to agree on who
will be the next Speaker. For the
PDP to have that power, it must
improve on its present figure in
the house. I am aware that it is
being worked on with a move to
woo AP legislators and possibly
some APC legislators in the
house,” he said.
Signs early in the week that
impeachment plans were being
hatched were denied by the
majority leader of the House,
Oyeniyi Akande. Speaking on
behalf of the 18 APC members
during an emergency press
conference, Akande said a report
that APC members were part of a
meeting held with the PDP and
Accord last weekend could not
stand the test of time.
He said, “I am using this period
to debunk that statement that
APC members were part of that
meeting; they were not part of
that meeting at all, none of our
members was in that meeting. I
am saying it categorically that we
are solidly behind our governor,
Ajimobi, beyond 2015. We have
the positive opinion that he is
going to win the second term
election.”
The minority leader in the house,
Rafiu Adekunle, however said
that some members of the ruling
APC were part of the meeting,
and that for safety reasons, he
would not give their names.
“For political reasons, no
member of APC can boldly come
out and affirm my claim publicly.
Let me tell you emphatically,
immediately after plenary, four
other members signified their
readiness to associate with the
project.”
On Tuesday, a release signed by
all APC members where they
denied holding any meeting with
a group was issued. This was a
confirmation of the source’s
claim which also backed the fact
that there was an impeachment
fear in the state.
The Chairman of APC in the state,
Mr. Akin Oke, told our
correspondent that he did not
envisage an impeachment move
in the state, confirming that the
party’s members in the house
were made to pledge their
support to the governor.
He said, “This era of
impeachment is not good for our
democracy. If a governor’s
achievement is not satisfactory
after three years in government,
why not wait till the next election
to remove him through the
electorate? Instead of
sponsoring legislators to remove
governors, the electorate should
be allowed to decide that.
“In Oyo State or anywhere in the
South-West, it is not possible to
remove our governors. The 18
legislators in Oyo have come out
to deny meeting legislators from
the PDP and AP. It shows that
such a move will not be welcome
in Oyo. Ajimobi and the
legislators have always enjoyed a
good relationship so why should
there be fear over his
impeachment?” asked the
chairman.
But the PDP chairman in the
state, Yinka Taiwo, told our
correspondent on Friday that
there were six APC lawmakers
holding talks with the PDP on
how to move to the party.
“The minority leader who is a
PDP member in the house is
handling the matter. I am aware
that six APC lawmakers in the
house are talking with him. They
said they were not happy with
the APC and are eager to join the
PDP. We are considering their
proposal,” he said.
In Borno State, some political
observers argued that the
defectio

1 Like

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by stebell(m): 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
let the hurricane wind of Fresh Air blow and carry away all supporters of APC in de land.

light n darkness hav nothing in common.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
Whatever hurts the supporter of APC, gladdens my heart.

Say no to terrorism
Say no to APC

Happy Sunday My Brethren.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by Plus10(m): 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
Say no terorism

1 Like

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by akumada1: 2:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
By the time people finish thier journey, apc will know the different between supporters of APC and political party.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by jking001(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
supporters of APC,pedophile, terrorist,looters drugs addicts.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by seanet01: 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
Iyalaya Jonathan ko to be

8 Likes

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by Shine1177: 4:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
^^ Kin se oro enu, agbara l'on soro. Jajaweeds will continue this loss spray till February 2015:

4 Likes

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by seanet01: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
Shine1177: ^^ Kin se oro enu, agbara l'on soro. Jajaweeds will continue this loss spray till February 2015:
Dream on. Ipon ri ma pokun Iyalaya yin o to be.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by Shine1177: 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
seanet01: Dream on. Ipon ri ma pokun Iyalaya yin o to be.
Dream on you said? Remember Tinubu said GEJ is clueless & baba Akande said he's kindergaten president. Now that he has shown them one of his joker, the story change to "he's a dictator". Its not by cursing or shouting, oga will always be master. E ku imura sile de gomina lola, Dr. Omisore smiley

10 Likes

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by bloodyassassin: 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
hmmm impeachment galore

yipppppeeeeeeer
Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by donphilopus: 4:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
akumada1: By the time people finish thier journey, apc will know the different between supporters of APC and political party.

Product of a failed what?............
Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by donphilopus: 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
The Speaker should declare the seat of any Legislator who ain't ready to defect to APC, vacant. Afterall, it was done in Adamawa!
Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by oggy89: 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by youngmonie: 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2014
stebell: let the hurricane wind of Fresh Air blow and carry away all supporters of APC in de land.
stebell: let the hurricane wind of Fresh Air blow and carry away all supporters of APC in de land.

I swear some of you stupid nigerians lack common sense to be honest. How will a house in the name of politics impeach a democratically elected governor all because they want to fuffil their party's ambition or one mans ambition?...and you feel this is right because you dnt like APC?.... and you call that a democracy, impeaching all opposition governors and then putting unelected PDP members as Governors?..... YOU lack this common sense or would I say you are just ignorant.

1 Like

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by bloodyassassin: 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
donphilopus:

am a Product of a failed spermatozoa or masturb.ation............
Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by seanet01: 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
donphilopus:

Product of a failed what?............
Educational system. Fill in the gap.

1 Like

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by Monimatic(m): 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
lol...i thought APC said GEJ was clueless, APC has pushed GEJ to the wall for too long, this has now hardened GEJ's heart, now he is dealing with APC the way a real Commander in Chief must act.
GEJ will systematically
drive APC into extinction......Ekiti is
gone.Adamawa is gone.Osun is
going.Nasarawa is going.Ogun is
going........THE CLUELESS ONE IS
CLUELESSLY DEALING WITH APC

5 Likes

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by gramci: 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
PDP's onslaught on supporters of APC

1 Like

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by SpaceGoat: 5:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
answer this puzzle !! one thousand at sake !! click here https://www.nairaland.com/1821351/solve-puzzle-money tank
Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by donphilopus: 5:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
seanet01: Educational system. Fill in the gap.

Correct! grin cheesy!
Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by stevolinkon40: 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
LEAVE THE MAN ALONE,we will vote him out come 2015. Let him do the best he can,So he wont get any excuse for his failure say they no gree make him work

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by Ayus34(m): 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
Monimatic: lol...i thought APC said GEJ was clueless, APC has pushed GEJ to the wall for too long, this has now hardened GEJ's heart, now he is dealing with APC the way a real Commander in Chief must act.
GEJ will systematically
dealing with APC,While BOKO HARAM is waxing stronger?
I weep for Nigeria!
Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by idu1(m): 9:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ayus34:
dealing with APC,While BOKO HARAM is waxing stronger?
I weep for Nigeria!
dont mind that guy......
Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by Kassidy4luv(m): 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
......... Action Film

Who is Clueless?

supporters of APC or My amiable President?

Ndi ara,
PDP till Buhari becomes a pastor.
Goodluck Nigeria Jonathan Ebele Azikiwe till APC vanishes.

1 Like

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by 7lives: 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2014
Kassidy4luv: ......... Action Film

Who is Clueless?

supporters of APC or My amiable President?

Ndi ara,
PDP till Buhari becomes a pastor.
Goodluck Nigeria Jonathan Ebele Azikiwe till APC vanishes.

much as I hate wasting my mb on useless thread like this, I think your president reminds me of Mobutu Sese Seko or should I say emperor Jean Bedel Bokasa who used his country meager income to build himself a golden chair and declare himself an emperor in C.A.R.
These two men and jona had same thing in common, they are are both idiots and an embarrassment to their countries.
They both came to an ugly end, jona is having a field day because Nigerians had no experience of liberation struggle, the poo will eventually hit the roof and I seriously hope and pray that jona should end up like these two role models of his, amen.
Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by Kassidy4luv(m): 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
7lives:

much as I hate wasting my mb on useless thread like this, I think your president reminds me of Mobutu Sese Seko or should I say emperor Jean Bedel Bokasa who used his country meager income to build himself a golden chair and declare himself an emperor in C.A.R.
These two men and jona had same thing in common, they are are both idiots and an embarrassment to their countries.
They both came to an ugly end, jona is having a field day because Nigerians had no experience of liberation struggle, the poo will eventually hit the roof and I seriously hope and pray that jona should end up like these two role models of his, amen.

An APC e- bastard........
Haters of good things.....

Go and die in peace
Goodluck Jonathan till 2019.
Onye ara

1 Like

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by Noctec: 4:11am On Jul 21, 2014
Really?
Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by ideycraze: 4:32am On Jul 21, 2014
Rather than go through the back door to win the 2015 elections,I would advise Jonathan to test his popularity amongst the Nigerian people.
In one of his campaign advert in national TV,he claims those who are for him are more than those who are against him, why then is he afraid of losing the upcoming elections.
Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by ideycraze: 4:43am On Jul 21, 2014
Monimatic: lol...i thought APC said GEJ was clueless, APC has pushed GEJ to the wall for too long, this has now hardened GEJ's heart, now he is dealing with APC the way a real Commander in Chief must act.
GEJ will systematically
And u are happy that APC would go into extinction?
APC going into extinction would definitely be a curse to Nigerian democracy and the Nigerian masses would suffer for it. PDP would have a free hand to do anything they fill like as there's no strong opposition .
The existence of strong opposition put those holding political offices on their toes,they therefore tend to perform more because of the fear of not wanting to loose elections.
Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by ola6: 7:42am On Jul 21, 2014
We want opposition but Not the APC alternative. A party of disfranchised career politicians controlled by a few Muslim god fathers who add no value to the development of Nigeria, rather, they prefer to sponsor Boko haram and merger schools in the once peaceful south west. APC, you are buried already in the south west

2 Likes

Re: PDP Lawmakers In Oyo Moves To Unseat Governor Ajimobi - PUNCH by 7lives: 10:14am On Jul 21, 2014
Kassidy4luv:

An APC e- bastard........
Haters of good things.....

Go and die in peace
Goodluck Jonathan till 2019.
Onye ara

PDP e- monkey, conscience is an open wound, only the truth can nurture it. Now that jona had developed a strategy called impeachment he should continue to impeach and arrest all his opponents.
Nigeria is a country of over 150 million people let's see how many he can impeach and arrest.
There are better ways of fighting the opposition for example, keeping to his political promises to sway the peoples opinion in his favour but no you and your ilks keep deceiving him. Just like Mobutu, another Kabila is waiting in the corner for Jona, he who have ears let him hear what the spirit is telling the church.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory / The Seemingly Insurmountable Odds Against Jimi Agbaje / List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.