Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Staten Island Man Dies After NYPD Cop Puts Him In Chokehold - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Staten Island Man Dies After NYPD Cop Puts Him In Chokehold (1070 Views)

Calls For NYPD Chokehold Investigation Grow After Funeral For Eric Garner / Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air / Woman Dies After Serving Obama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Staten Island Man Dies After NYPD Cop Puts Him In Chokehold by bidexolumanish(m): 5:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
saw this while surfing the internet,it is so outrageous.

A 400-pound asthmatic Staten Island dad died Thursday after a cop put him in a chokehold and other officers appeared to slam his head against the sidewalk, video of the incident shows.

“I can’t breathe! I can’t breathe!” Eric Garner, 43, repeatedly screamed after at least five NYPD officers took him down in front of a Tompkinsville beauty supply store when he balked at being handcuffed.

Within moments Garner, a married father of six children with two grandchildren, stopped struggling and appeared to be unconscious as police called paramedics to the scene. An angry crowd gathered, some recording with smartphones.

“When I kissed my husband this morning, I never thought it would be for the last time,” Garner’s wife, Esaw, told the Daily News.

She got no details from police until after she had gone to the hospital to identify his body, she said.

[color=#000099][/color]source: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/staten-island-man-dies-puts-choke-hold-article-1.1871486

(1) (Reply)

Russia’s Winning The Electronic War / Russia Strikes ISIL Targets In Syria With 34 Cruise Missiles (VIDEO) / President Emmanuel Macron Is The Youngest In His Family Despite Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.