Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Nigerian Wins Top Prize for Quran Completion in Dubai - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nigerian Wins Top Prize for Quran Completion in Dubai (18486 Views)

Iranian Muslim Woman Becomes First Female To Win "Mathematics Nobel Prize" / Nigeria Muslim Sulaimon Isah Won Top Prize At International Quranic Competition. / Nigeria Wins Top Price For Quran Competition In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Wins Top Prize for Quran Completion in Dubai by kbsheshe(m): 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
Congrats.
Re: Nigerian Wins Top Prize for Quran Completion in Dubai by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 23, 2014
Alhamdulilah
Re: Nigerian Wins Top Prize for Quran Completion in Dubai by Romanciella(f): 5:30am On Jul 23, 2014
alhmdllh m really happy for him
Re: Nigerian Wins Top Prize for Quran Completion in Dubai by Fulaman198(m): 6:02am On Jul 23, 2014
Why am I not surprised
Re: Nigerian Wins Top Prize for Quran Completion in Dubai by Time2Smile(m): 11:54am On Jul 23, 2014
Alhamdullillahi, Nigerians have always done well in this competition. It is one of the miracles of the Quran (and evidence of its truth) that so many people from different parts of the world, with different languages can memorized it entirely and recite with such beauty, elegance and clarity. No other book of such volume has been more widely memorized. May Allah make the Quran a light for us and evidence for us and not an evidence against us.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Wins Top Prize for Quran Completion in Dubai by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 23, 2014
Fulaman198: Why am I not surprised

LOL Fula. What's wrong?
Re: Nigerian Wins Top Prize for Quran Completion in Dubai by Fulaman198(m): 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

LOL Fula. What's wrong?

Nigerians are overly religious when it comes to both Islam and Christianity. Instead of focusing on building up a nation to have great scientists and engineers (which we do have but they often immigrate to different countries) and building up country infrastructure. We should be more concerned about updating computer hardware, improving our universities so people don't have to go abroad for education, improving military prowess, etc. etc. but noooooooo instead we are worried about improving in religion (Islam and Christianity). We should be trying to become a country that competes with S.Korea, China, Russia, the West, etc instead of this religion religion religion thought process.

Sorry for my Rant Ms.Enlightenedqueen

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Wins Top Prize for Quran Completion in Dubai by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
Fulaman198:

Nigerians are overly religious when it comes to both Islam and Christianity. Instead of focusing on building up a nation to have great scientists and engineers (which we do have but they often immigrate to different countries) and building up country infrastructure. We should be more concerned about updating computer hardware, improving our universities so people don't have to go abroad for education, improving military prowess, etc. etc. but noooooooo instead we are worried about improving in religion (Islam and Christianity). We should be trying to become a country that competes with S.Korea, China, Russia, the West, etc instead of this religion religion religion thought process.

Sorry for my Rant Ms.Enlightenedqueen

That's quite reasonable. I agree with you noble Fulaman smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Wins Top Prize for Quran Completion in Dubai by Fulaman198(m): 6:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

That's quite reasonable. I agree with you noble Fulaman smiley

Thank you, you are very bright.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is "Almajiri"? Someone Please Tell Me / Janaba / The Difference Between Quran-based Islam And Hadith-based Practice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.