Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,236 members, 7,953,887 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:21 AM

Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead (26804 Views)

Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m / Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke, Undergoing Breast Cancer Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Reference(m): 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
olaezebala: R.I.P
Even though u've been forgotten by many and the nation, ur death will automatically make u a hero as it's alway been in our country.
We don't appreciate people wen alive but sing praises of them wen they are gone.
Sleep on.

That is the problem the black man has viz history. People are rather remembered for how they influenced the course of history first, then remembered second for their achievements, what they did and finally, a distant last remembered for who they were.

I can't remember every instant my late dad disciplined me, what he was like to live with but today my life, my situation, what I've become is the most important testament he has.

Who Rilwanu Lukman was and indeed any public servant, as far as Nigerians are concerned is not important. What he helped to make of this country is all that matters. What did he do to influence the course of history, what institutions did he build, what did he leave behind, what did he berth...in the mining sector, ministries of mining, petroleum, NNPC, infrastructure, the environment, policy, corporate governance, best practices and on and on.

If he did well we will be better off and thus consider his demise a loss but in most cases like these we are oft 'forced' to mourn. All Nigerians and particularly those entrusted with the privilege of public service should renew and elevate their thinking. Their families and close friends who are understandably irked at the openly expressed negativity and lack of sympathy should be the frontline advisory to these people constantly alerting them to the fact that a good man needs no advert.

RIP. Rilwanu Lukman and may his loved ones be consoled at this time of loss.

2 Likes

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by feedthenation(m): 2:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
Why are all these 'so-called important' people love to die in foreign lands?
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by englishmart(m): 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
Joshuadon:
cowards like u need not to waste precious tym with joking around,replying you z like going mad wif a mad man
[size=90pt] you just replied me.
You need to get lost o.
As a matter of fact, You are worse than an slowpoke.

Note.
I won't reply any of your upcoming posts.
Your thinking is irrational.
Goodbye. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by teufelein(f): 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
[size=13pt]..may the corrupted soul of mallam rilwan lukman rot in hell.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by megastu(m): 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
Life, Life, Life.

Atimes i wonder with all these wealth, people still die early. Although 76 could be considered ripe. My Grandmother and her elder sister are still kicking so strong at over 90 years. The last time i went to visit my grandmother i couldnt believe. She and her elder sister wore sun glasses and were all dressed for a wedding. Yet, they never owned a car.

It really makes me ponder over life and all our worries.

RIP Lukman.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by experimentist: 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
Cybermugu1: RIP English!
I wasn't speaking english you fooooooooool
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by experimentist: 2:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ayatullah:

Ask your wretched father.
thunder fire u there mad man ediott
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by ibdeals1(m): 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
na wa o may he rip
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Harmvirus(f): 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
RIP
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by RaptorX: 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
Enough with attacking people that dont want to wish this guy to RIP, he was one of the cabals that put Nigeria in these sorry state. What is it with Africans and always not wanting to talk evil of the dead, these guy wad a core member of the northern oligarchy that plundered Nigerias oil wealth, enough with the sentiments and stop bending out of shape over criticism of someone who colluded with the looting of our commonweath. RIP mr {AGIP} any government in power.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by juman(m): 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
teufelein: [size=13pt]..may the corrupted soul of mallam rilwan lukman rot in hell.[/size]
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Btruth: 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
It's all about kicking the bucket. We all must kick it someday.....fellow Nigerian, please take life easier oooo, and think about tomorrow. RIP to the dead.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
experimentist: I wasn't speaking english you fooooooooool
Sorry oo.. As you no be fool so. so dat was spanish?
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by sympoto(f): 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
teufelein: ..may he rot in hell....allah is great.
what is your problem must u open your basket mouth to vomit rubbish. And you still call the name of allah! By there fruit we shall know them. Allah indeed
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by condralbede(m): 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
cr7lomo: Wow unbelievable , my dad worked wit him on d board of nnpc in 2001 wen he was chairman board nnpc . Rip sir , rili enjoyed ur time as chairman
Who asked u all dis one....

2 Likes

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by apolonius(m): 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
Lukman was prominent in our petroleum industry for decades,but left no known legacy.

I hope in the beautiful elegies and dirges his class men and women-the Naija elite-write to honour his exit they will remember the vanity of loots.

May Odoba grant him mercy for his unpatriotism and sins;and his loved ones the courage to bear his passing.Amen.

1 Like

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by experimentist: 3:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
Cybermugu1: Sorry oo.. As you no be fool so. so dat was spanish?
fool again. That was patois.. Are you a fool from the born? Yuh haffi give yuh head some bombaclaat brain..
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Starchitect: 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
dhammyg: HIS FAMILY SHOULD RETURN ALL HE HAS STOLEN,AND GIVE IT TO CHARITIESangry

HE AND DIEZANI HAVE MANSIONS IN AUSTRIA,WHERE THEY ENJOY LOOTED ØÎL MONEYangry STÛPÏÍÌD THÌËVÊSangryangry

I don't know how true it is,but I learnt he had no family!
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
experimentist: fool again. That was patois.. Are you a fool from the born? Yuh haffi give yuh head some bombaclaat brain..
Jezzz... Sorry bro, pls ride on.. Your case is different.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by natureblack(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: it has everything to do with the corrupt and bloody looter!!! Like my father will always say- " i love money but i will also love to make money in the right way"
bro,I can never justify the mind-game these politicians and ministers play with us,neither can u swear with your life that atleast one out of these ministers is innocent of my accusation.Buh,be it as it may this topic has not given any channel to start pointing accusing fingers at Deizani.
* if the right topic comes,kindly and whole-heartedly do the NEEDFULL *
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by vicessien89(m): 3:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
great man RIP
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Lamasta(m): 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
What would you be remembered for on earth....?Fear God
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by karpentar: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
experimentist: Who kill him

People from the South that he refused to allocate Oil Block.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by bamite(m): 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
are u ok?
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
i really do hope u cud retract ur statement
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by jerryjere(m): 7:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
drauj: Well, I don't think if he was a man of questionable integrity he'd have played the kind of roles he did in the international sphere. Guys grow up and appreciate excellence and integrity.
Quit being haters and tribal and religious fanatics as you have been encouraged to be now of all times. May Allah SWT forgive him his short-comings and make Jannatul Firdaus his final abode.
is like the man is your uncle
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by jerryjere(m): 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
kheedir: Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun!
is this a slags or what?
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by lastpage: 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
drauj: Well, I don't think if he was a man of questionable integrity he'd have played the kind of roles he did in the international sphere. Guys grow up and appreciate excellence and integrity.
Quit being haters and tribal and religious fanatics as you have been encouraged to be now of all times. May Allah SWT forgive him his short-comings and make Jannatul Firdaus his final abode.

Gerrout my friend, your reasoning and logic(or lack of it) is astounding!

Did OBJ not enjoy and played so many role in the international fora, even more than Lukman?

Good riddance to one of those "bad rubbish" joor.

People who were in position to[b] build the structures of this country[/b] by virtue of being the first crop of scholars, that enjoyed free and scholaship education, enjoyed juicy posts over and over again yet when the country was very rich.......,

They left the current generation and children unborn with nadda, they left them 'high and dry", as we say.

I repeat, let him rot in hell.

One of the greatest problem of this country is that even the "oppressed and marginalized citizenry" are so happy to applaud their oppressors!
Now, that is beyond me.

Lastpage!

BTW: When l finish mourning all the innocent people killed by those illiterate Boko Haram, (made illiterate by the same thieving Cabals like Rilwan Lukman!), l may have some tears left for the passing away of people like Rilwan Lukman who were in position to influence history positively but could only think about themselves and their pocket.

5 Likes

Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by jaytee01(m): 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
EMMABC1: I wish we can have more of this set of people dying geometrically daily. This man used his position to allot most of d oil blocs to himself and d northern behemoth. Under his administration, NNPC, PPMC, DPR, PPRA, Refineries were littered with mediocres and school drop-outs frm the NW and NE. He nearly succeeded in relocating PTI in Warri to Kaduna but for d resistance of Niger deltans. What more can we say about a man who despite his education and experience,was largely responsible for the decay and corruption in the oil and gas sector.
You are very correct. All those trying to wash him now are just ignorant
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by juman(m): 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
feedthenation: Why are all these 'so-called important' people love to die in foreign lands?

The man should be buried in that country.

The people of useless generation failed to build a functioning country despite their decades upon decades of ruling the country.

May Almighty God put all of the useless "leaders" in hell fire.
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by oilyngbati1: 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
The population of hell fire just increased by one, thanks to this hausa/fulani criminal grin
Re: Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead by millionaireman: 8:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
Died in quiet Austria, not in hot Nigeria which he helped to create right from youth through his close association with military dictators? How many industries does Rilwanu Lukman have in Nigeria? Oh Lukman, the man that truly enjoyed Nigeria's petroleum resources as he served in one oily capacity or the other immediately after university. The man that never experienced the hazzles of life which other milions of Nigerians pass through. Even when he retired from oily service, President Umaru Yar Adua had to bring him back to minister upon crude oil. Perhaps for Yar Adua, except Rilwanu Lukman, no younger Nigerian was good to minister over crude oil. Too much enjoyment of life must have hit Lukman.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Don’t Know My Political Future – Fashola / Saharareporters Attacks Melaye Over His "Made-In-Nigeria Women" Comment (photos) / Amaechi, Obasanjo, Peterside At A Conference In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.