Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Liverpool Captain Steven Gerrard Retires From International Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Captain Steven Gerrard Retires From International Football (466 Views)

Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Captain Steven Gerrard Retires From International Football by FootyLogue: 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
News has broken on Monday afternoon that Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has retired from international football.

The news was announced on the FA’s website, with the following quotes from Gerrard:

I have enjoyed every minute of representing my country and it is a sad day for me knowing that I won’t pull on the England shirt again.

This has been a very difficult decision, one of the toughest I’ve had to make in my career. I have agonised over this since coming back from Brazil and have spoken to family, friends and people close to me in the game before coming to this point.

Most importantly, Brendan [Rodgers] has been fantastic and obviously I have to look after my body as much as possible to ensure I can give everything when I take to the field.

To ensure I can keep playing to a high level and giving everything to Liverpool Football Club I believe this is the right decision, and having Champions League football back at Anfield is another big factor in my decision.

Gerrard also captained England 38 times in a 114-game career for the Three Lions, scoring a total of 21 goals.

Steve Gerrard played in three World Cup finals for England, scoring three goals in the competition.

Source: http://www.101greatgoals.com/
Re: Liverpool Captain Steven Gerrard Retires From International Football by tuffgongjo(m): 4:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
Not sad to see it happened,one of the player that constantly fail to ignite @ d Biggest stage(international football),but a loyal servant.

(1) (Reply)

Keshi Needs Another 4-year Contract To Complete His Project / Be A Winner In All Aspect Of Life..apply Today!! / Nigeria Is Looking For Fifa's Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.