Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing (64704 Views)

Engine Number And Chassis Number For Mercedes Benz C220 / Tokunbo 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Sports (Long Chassis) Asking Price Now: N1m / Free VIN/Chassis Number Checks For All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by nkc(m): 12:06pm On Oct 18, 2008
seun,
can i be appointed?
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 12:20pm On Oct 18, 2008
@nkc,
Your profile makes u eligible.
I wish u cud be given a tryout.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by ziontrain: 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2008
Seun, thank you for deciding to appoint a moderator. We really need one on this forum. I think @nkc will serve us well here since he is based in Nigeria. Let me also add that I respect your decision to appoint someone based in Nigeria even though I share a different view. If you are not satisfied with @nkc, maybe you should ask for volunteers.

Regarding marginalising nigerians, we have suggested that VIN should be mandatory for vehicles from the US and if your vehicle is not from there, say so and you can be excused from posting VIN - simple. These same nigerians are all selling nearly 80% of cars on this forum from US. If we run away from confronting this issue of VIN, we will return to it in not too distant future as I assure you, unscrupulous dealers abound and that is the whole point of appointing a moderator. Why do you think these bad guys are so much against VIN number? - Because it will expose their dubious ways - why then should they be protected by not making it compulsory to post VIN of US vehicles? The credibility of nairaland dealers is being eroded by the day - we need to act quickly and stop the "bleeding". Making VIN number of cars from US compulsory will do the job - it will work like magic and cars from nigeria, europe and asia will not be at a disadvantage!

Nairalanders, please do not dignify the posting of @vin_checks with a reply. We all know he just came back from Cayman Islands!
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Godalone(m): 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2008
@Vin_checks,
It's like you didn't have anything to say,have you ever bought any flooded or salvaged vehicle from Ziontrain before? Whatever you cannot backup please don't come here and say it.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Busybody2(f): 1:39pm On Oct 18, 2008
ziontrain:

You say people have vendetta against inspired - there is no need for this. Of course a lot of people are upset with him because it has been declared that he rolls back odometer reading of some of his vehicles by no less a person than his former business partner - Babeisme . . .

Nigerians and their hypocrisies would never fail to amaze me She is equally guilty of the same crime as Inspired as his business partner, why didn't she speak up then? Why did she wait for shit to hit the fan before yelping undecided Arrant nonsense undecided Ole gba, ole gbe cool

ziontrain:

@Busy_body, a primary school student will present better logic than what you've presented here. What more can I say. If you don't know who Romeobest is by now, then I am sorry, your I.Q. is way too low for this forum. Everyone knows me on this forum and know what my agenda is - Transparency and honesty. I will say it out loud, I VOLUNTEER TO BE MODERATOR IF SEUN WILL ALLOW ME.

Why are you insulting primary school students angry angry angry Did I tell you I went to school angry angry angry Slow your roll as per plugging yourself for the role of the Moderator undecided

We in the know, know who Romeobest is wink we also know who Akuya is wink now all we need to know is who you are lipsrsealed

ziontrain:

Fotodaddy,
. . .  I am thinking that maybe this forum needs a moderator to sanitize the whole place. If we can't find one, I think we can do peer review by setting some standards. . .

We can ascertain from the we and the peer that you are a type of dealer, but let's not jump the gun yet. We need to confirm whether you are a dealer by proxy or a dealer in waiting.

ziontrain:

Vallo57,
I see you are a very emotional person. Please go back and read my posting. I am a dealer in the US. . .[/b]The main issue in this business is . . . If [b]we don't address these issues quickly, quacks will hijack this forum and customers will bail out in droves. We all will be the losers (maybe not you since you are just an observer). Hope you get the message.

Aha, alas Ziontrain is a dealer on a mission to rid Nairaland of people selling cars without displaying its VIN. We get the message loud and clear, Mr I-am-a-dealer-not-an-observer with nearly 200 posts and no-product-put-up-for-sale-yet.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=132071.msg2248601#msg2248601

Sultaan,
We need to be cautious about the information we disseminate on this forum as we have a lot of people relying on us for accurate information. To say that dealers buy vehicles at auction and then tow them to the port is not COMPLETELY accurate. Not all of us dealers do that.

Again, another rejoinder to let us know that he is a dealer undecided

ziontrain:

Nairalanders,
. . . As far as I can see, if we want to last long in nairaland, we should not categorize oursleves with www.1000carsales.com, www.motorlinksng.com, www.caradore.com, www.autotraderng.com etc. . . Nairaland shall not be hijacked by quacks by God's grace.

Once again we have been reassured by Ziontrain and we have his word that he is a dealer on Nairaland and that he will not sell us quack cheesy

ziontrain:

@Promise72,
. . . As car dealers, it is our responsibility to ascertain that the vehicle we are purchasing has no known issue. This is what CARFAX is for.

Awwww, bless his cotton socks, he even takes time out to explain the intricacies of CARFAX to anyone who cares to listen grin

ziontrain:

I had decided to leave this inspired alone but since he has chosen once again to be disrespectful, I am fully BACK!!
[b]He says if I advertise a vehicle
with VIN number he will leave this forum - well, within a couple of weeks or less by the grace of God, I will be advertising my vehicle that has just been delivered to the port of Houston. . .

Oh I get it, Ziontrain is a car dealer shocked I knew he was a dealer, I just did not know what he was peddling, until now undecided PARDON ME FOR BEING TICK grin I wonder when he would post one of his cars up for sale. It is strange for a dealer with 187 posts and counting, not to have a car for sale, on a forum he is so hellbent on sanitising in order to make customers not lose their trust in dealers like him, who use the forum to advertise their wares for sale undecided

ziontrain:

Inspired, better control these your boyboys - idupaul, abbyode, damola1, bugybugy, etc. CONTROL THEM NOW BEFORE I STEP THINGS UP AGAIN!!

Instead of him to make use of the opportunity of the all-eyes-on-me to strike whilst the iron is hot and flood Nairaland with his cars, he is still resolute on carrying on with his malaria and aids campaign to rid Nairaland of Inspired_man shocked
Inspired and his boyboys's his words not mine goading should have prompted a show of hands surely undecided

ziontrain:

Nairalanders, please watch out for my car!! It will soon be on the way and Inspired will help me advertise it on his thread. By God's Grace, it will not be long before you all see the pictures. Stay Tuned!

Ah yet again, the elusive pot of gold at the end of the rainbow lipsrsealed

ziontrain:

@idupaul, I already announced on nairaland during the madness that I have my car on the way - so, nothing to hide here. Apparently, everyone is aware except you.

Idupaul, get with the system angry angry angry Ziontrain abhours sloppiness cheesy

ziontrain:

. . . By the way, my second car is on the way to the port, God will sell it for me and you will be put to shame! Also, for your information, I will be starting Pre-order shortly. Nairalanders, stay tuned.

What!!! Wosai!!! Wait a minute!!! Second car!!! Where was I when the first transaction was concluded cry I guess I was sleeping on the job embarassed Sorry Idupaul, I take back my previous accusation, I have been caught napping, I am sloppy too tongue  

ziontrain:

Nairalanders, I think we should let this matter rest at this time. Inspired has apologized for the mix up and he seems contrite. What more do we want? All we've been asking for on the forum is honesty, transparency and a little bit of humility. It seems Inspired has done all these in this situation and we should just let him be. CASE CLOSED PLEASE.

shocked shocked shocked Come back here, Mr I-am-a-car-dealer-not-a-bystander-with-nearly-two-hundred-posts-and-not-a-car-for-sale cheesy Which case is closed

THE SAGA CONTINUES
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Busybody2(f): 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2008
ziontrain:

Nairalanders, I think we should let this matter rest at this time. Inspired has apologized for the mix up and he seems contrite. What more do we want? All we've been asking for on the forum is honesty, transparency and a little bit of humility. It seems Inspired has done all these in this situation and we should just let him be. CASE CLOSED PLEASE.

JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT IS ALL DONE AND DUSTED AND EVERYONE HAS MOVED ON, Mr Ziontrain aka Mr I-am-a-car-dealer-not-a-bystander-with-nearly-two-hundred-posts-and-not-a-car-for-sale, steps up his witchhunting campaign.

ziontrain:

@Inspired, what you are doing is not fair at all. We are trying to clean up this forum and all of us will be better for it and now you say let genuine buyer request for VIN - what is the purpose of your posting the VIN number then? You promised to provide VIN numbers for all your vehicles and thank God you are doing so. But the VIN is invalid. I got the correct VIN number for you and gave you the opportunity to tidy up the situation and see how you reply. I am not trying to take up any issue with you because we still need your services on this forum. All I am asking is for us to do our due diligence and avoid posting vehicles that could end up killing innocent people.

Below is a snapshot of the CARFAX report of the car you are trying to sell - this car is a DANGEROUS CAR and has been declared SCRAP by insurance company. It does not qualify for CARFAX buy back guarantee, it has been involved in accident and has got salvage title that was rebuilt:

2000 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF
VIN: 9BWGA21J5Y4027526
Hatchback 4 Door
Front Wheel Drive

Vehicle serviced
Oil and filter changed chassis lubricated
Air filter replaced
Drive belt(s) replaced
Miscellaneous service performed
Engine serviced 07/18/2005   74,516   The Autobarn VW Countryside
Countryside, IL
708-354-6600

Vehicle serviced 10/25/2005   80,166   The Autobarn VW Countryside
Countryside, IL
708-354-6600

Vehicle serviced
Air filter replaced
Cabin air filter replaced
Manufacturer's recommended maintenance performed 02/17/2006   86,000   Illinois
Inspection Station
Chicago, IL   Passed emissions inspection 03/15/2006   87,810   The Autobarn VW Countryside

Vehicle serviced
Manufacturer's recommended maintenance performed
Engine oil system flushed 08/04/2006   95,708   The Autobarn VW Countryside
Countryside, IL
708-354-6600

Vehicle serviced
Manufacturer's recommended maintenance performed 12/26/2007   113,484   The Autobarn VW Countryside
Countryside, IL
708-354-6600

Vehicle serviced 12/26/2007     Illinois
Inspection Station
Chicago, IL   Passed emissions inspection 06/18/2008     Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept.   TOTAL LOSS VEHICLE
Title or registration issued
to insurance company 06/19/2008   117,417   Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Bloomington, IL
Title #X8171693463   SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED
REBUILT TITLE ISSUED

Loan or lien reported

Now the chap has revealed the VIN, your crusade has taken another dimension undecided O ga fun e o. Why don't you live and let live undecided The market is large enough for all of you now undecided What is wrong with healthy competition? undecided Do you want his head on a plate shocked

One minute you claim to be an established dealer that wants to sanitize Nairaland, the next minute you are about to ship your first car undecided All you do, when you are not haranguing Inspired is sing the praise of a certain dealer "go *****" How come you don't have a single post advertising your own business If you are not *****, how much is he paying you to bring about the downfall of a fellow dealer?

FYI
1) Total loss is the mode d'employ jargon used by insurance firms to describe any car they cannot be arsed to repair, they pay the vehicle owner and then sell the car on as salvage.

2) After the salvaged vehicle is repaired and passes the state's inspection, a rebuilt certificate or assembled from salvage parts is issued, then the car is once again fit to be driven.

3) A car that is not redeemable is issued with a certificate of destruction or a non rebuidable title so that they could be sold on for part. 

LET PEACE REIGN. LIVE AND LET LIVE.

N:B
Mr I-am-a-car-dealer-not-a-bystander-with-nearly-two-hundred-posts-and-not-a-car-for-sale, oops sorry Mr Environmental Sanitation Officer of Nairaland, don’t you think you owe Inspired-man an apology for this goof of yours angry I POSTED THIS "LECTURE" AS SOME CALLED IT YESTERDAY, YET YOU HAVE NOT ATTEMPTED TO RESPOND, IS YOUR TONGUE TOO HEAVY TO LIFT TO APOLOGISE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT THAT YOU WERE WRONG.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by ziontrain: 1:57pm On Oct 18, 2008
@Romeobest or Busy_body whatever your name is - I think you need a break in Cayman Islands before your brain explodes! - The man is trying to prove he has high I.Q. grin grin
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 1:58pm On Oct 18, 2008
@Busy body fe-male female

We will appreciate it more if you suggest a moderator rather than these personal attacks.

This site is getting bored, when I first came in, I regretted not knowing its existence b/4, but now I can't say the same again.
I think is high time we understood that Vins advocacy is just to protect the genuine car dealers coupled that internet biz is yet to be embraced fully in our society.
But if you want it in this manner.

I wish you guys all the best
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Busybody2(f): 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2008
@ SEUN

See where this post VIN saga is leading to undecided The initial problem with posting the VIN, was that your opponent could go behind your back to negotiate with the seller . . . Now people/opponents are using it as a weapon to say "you are a crook," "the car you are selling/intending to sell is" . . .

At the end of the day, this is just certain dealers lipsrsealed getting greedy and jealous and turning the competition into something ugly -car dealers in diaspora having an ugly spat with car dealers in Western Avenue Surulere - behaviours you expect to see when you go to do your hair under the bridge in Ikeja- I saw the customer first, no I saw the customer before you undecided

The forum is big enough for all of them, so I don't see where they are going with all these childish acts, I reiterate, people in the know, know who is who lipsrsealed and that is why some people felt you should not have gotten involved. Nigeria is not where it should be and we pray to get there one day, but it is not for this people to be airing their dirty laundry in public. We all know what is down, or is it what's up undecided Even when you purchase a second-hand car overseas, it comes with a caveat emptor.

To preserve your sanity and the sanity of this forum, you can advertise for a moderator whose sole purpose is to delete negative threads . . . Anyway, I enjoyed all the drama sha, beats watching TV anyday. cool
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Busybody2(f): 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2008
igwe 1:

@Busy body fe-male female

We will appreciate it more if you suggest a moderator rather than these personal attacks.

What personal attacks, against who I JUST JOINED THE SANITATION CIRCUS LIKE ZIONTRAIN cool
Why don't you do the same and stop yapping and nipping at Inspired_men's heels, like an annoying yorkshire terrier cheesy

[s]Who are you by the way, YOU ARE UNDER MY RADAR cool[/s]
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by ziontrain: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2008
Seun,

Please ask this Busy_body to give you just one reason why providing VIN number of vehicles from the US is a bad idea. We have seen how VIN number has helped us in identifying dubious car dealers on this forum. Please read between the lines, why are these people against providing VIN for US vehicles, why? By the way, it is against the law to advertize a car for sale without VIN number in the US just because of the problem of dubious car dealers.

@Busy_body, looks like you just came back from Yorkshire this time around!!  grin grin Secondly, buying second-hand car in the US does not come with CAVEAT EMPTOR - have you not heard of Lemon Law?

@Igwe1, please don't go anywhere, we have to continue this worthy cause of sanitizing this forum until these unscrupulous dealers are made to change their ways or go elsewhere and carry on with their filthy activities. Good people must never leave the house for bad guys. Remain strong my brother, God is in control.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Busybody2(f): 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2008
ziontrain:

@Romeobest or Busy_body whatever your name is - I think you need a break in Cayman Islands before your brain explodes! - The man is trying to prove he has high I.Q. grin grin

Alagbari, I thought Romeobest was Idupaul undecided Don't worry, my MENSA certificate proving my high IQ is on the shelf at home gathering dust cheesy

Meanwilly, Mr I-am-a-car-dealer-with-law-enforcement-background-not-a-bystander-with-nearly-two-hundred-posts-who-does-not-know-the-meaning-of-a-rebuilt-certificate-and-who-is-yet-to-list-a-car-for-sale-to-date, answer the query, did you goof or did you goof?  grin grin grin
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2008
grin grin grinI think, IP ban could be better off than user name.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by ziontrain: 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2008
@Igwe1, I feel you but you have to understand what we are up against here. These are very hardened people. They will not give up easily. They will either get a new laptop/PC and/or use dynamic IP. VIN number will do the job if we can get Seun to see the big picture. We need to be patient with him as he is a very busy person and to manage a website like this is no small task - he has done very well to give us this much attention in auto section here.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Busybody2(f): 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2008
ziontrain:

Seun,

Please ask this Busy_body. . .

Get this right, I am no longer a busy_body, I am now a law enforcement officer-in-waiting angry angry angry Let that be your last warning cheesy

ziontrain:

@Busy_body, looks like you just came back from Yorkshire this time around!!  grin grin

O gbe Too dry  grin grin grin Sorry embarassed cheesy

ziontrain:

@Igwe1, please don't go anywhere . . .

Where is igi da, eye fo branch collapsed bird does a runner running to grin grin grin You better take style follow suit, instead of trying to save face with your drowning rat clutching @ straws approach grin grin grin

Seun:

. . . I would also like us to appoint a chief judge to investigate the incidents that have led to these problems.

Have you heard wink Fa eti e, redeem yourself and do a houdini before shit hit the fan cheesy
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Busybody2(f): 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2008
igwe 1:

I think, IP ban could be better off than user name.

Ha you wicked small o shocked shocked shocked, you want Ziontrain A**** *****'s business to run down shocked shocked shocked I thought he waslipsrsealed they were your paddy grin
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2008
I don’t c anything wrong in making information available to a prospective customer. I hate it when it involves cheating.
After all, the dealer bought the car himself either by cash or by contract.

I love it when a dealer tells the truth to his client; a friend narrated to me what he went through in the hands of one dealer that he cannot recommend him to somebody.

You know how it works, they will generalize the issue as if everybody is d same.
One adage says that “when one finger is contaminates with oil it gets to the rest of the fingers.
I hope we  get something out of this battle.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Busybody2(f): 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2008
igwe 1:

. . . You know how it works, they will generalize the issue as if everybody is d same.
One adage says that “when one finger is contaminates with oil it gets to the rest of the fingers.
I hope we  get something out of this battle.

God bless you and continue to enrich you and impart you with wisdom in abundance.

Whilst we are in the spirit of imbibing our dealers to behave and get along, not you Ziontrain angry dealer with no show, talkless of showroom tongue

Here's a few words of wisdom for them to chew on:

Don't make love by the garden gate, because even if love is blind, the neighbors ain't.
--Texas Proverb This would resonate with Ziontrain, if only he was a dealer tongue

A man never discloses his own character so clearly as when he describes another's.
-- Jean Paul Richter

Rare is the person who can weigh the faults of others without putting his thumb on the scales.
Byron J. Langenfeld

LET PEACE REIGN cool
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2008
@Busy
I appreciate your compliment as long as it’s genuine.
The issue is not that we are weak to fight for the battle, but it says that ‘'you can take a horse to the stream but u can't force it to drink water’'.
All said and done the decision is not ours.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Busybody2(f): 3:59pm On Oct 18, 2008
igwe 1:

@Busy
I appreciate your compliment as long as it’s genuine. . .

My compliment is genuine and set in stone, as long as you maintain this new rational and logical way of approaching issues wink

igwe 1:

All said and done the decision is not ours.

Well, can't speak for you, but as for me cheesy as no one as broken any law yet, this issue is not yet within the remit of my field as a Law Enforcement Sanitising Agent cool
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by akuya: 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2008
Busy_body:

My compliment is genuine and set in stone, as long as you maintain this new rational and logical way of approaching issues wink

Well, can't speak for you, but as for me cheesy as no one as broken any law yet, this issue is not yet within the remit of my field as a Law Enforcement Sanitising Agent cool

Busy_body,

You sound like a strong feisty babe, even Hillary-like. I want you!!  grin
Jokes aside, peace can indeed reign in this Auto section. Lets keep the mutual respect going.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by layifioren(m): 5:08pm On Oct 18, 2008
ziontrain:

Seun,

Please ask this Busy_body to give you just one reason why providing VIN number of vehicles from the US is a bad idea. We have seen how VIN number has helped us in identifying dubious car dealers on this forum. Please read between the lines, why are these people against providing VIN for US vehicles, why? By the way, it is against the law to advertize a car for sale without VIN number in the US just because of the problem of dubious car dealers.
@Busy_body, looks like you just came back from Yorkshire this time around!! grin grin Secondly, buying second-hand car in the US does not come with CAVEAT EMPTOR - have you not heard of Lemon Law?

@Igwe1, please don't go anywhere, we have to continue this worthy cause of sanitizing this forum until these unscrupulous dealers are made to change their ways or go elsewhere and carry on with their filthy activities. Good people must never leave the house for bad guys. Remain strong my brother, God is in control.

That's not true. It is not illegal to list a vehicle without VIN in the US
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by ziontrain: 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2008
@layifioren, I am a registered car dealer here in the US sir! I have the car dealers' manual which includes all the rules and regulations. IT IS ILLEGAL SIR, to advertize used cars for sale in the US without disclosing the VIN - IT IS ILLEGAL!!
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by layifioren(m): 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2008
ziontrain:

@layifioren, I am a registered car dealer here in the US sir! I have the car dealers' manual which includes all the rules and regulations. IT IS ILLEGAL SIR, to advertize used cars for sale in the US without disclosing the VIN - IT IS ILLEGAL!!

Ziontrain,
A dealer is different from a private seller like you know. Also, there are different rules for different states. Shikena!
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 5:47pm On Oct 18, 2008
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Busybody2(f): 7:03pm On Oct 18, 2008
ziontrain:

Seun,

Right, here's some reasons. I don't want to talk too much and spoil people's business, at the same time, I don't want your olodo rabata tag that you called me to stick, I no go school, I didn't have the attention span, but lipsrsealed

1) VIN can be fraudulently duplicated/cloned. What stops me from stealing a 2006 gold BMW X5 to order from A, and then cloning/stealing an identical car's VIN from B, to cover up the stolen car's status, and present it as the real Mccoy cool  What did you think happened recently during the course of duty of Nairaland's Law Enforcement People, when a VIN check revealed a silver car instead of the gold car presented lipsrsealed Sloppy job lipsrsealed

2) A vehicle can be re-vinned following an accident or theft. How difficult is it to repair "salvage" vehicles from one jurisdiction, then register them in another state without the permit? How difficult is it to register a car concurrently across several states? Again weren't you the one defending a certain someone about the possibility of a delay in a report obtained from probably another company, being less up-to-date than one gotten from CARFAX, and hence could be the reason why yet again, Nairaland's resident Law Enforcers detected another lipsrsealed . . .

Bottomline is Buyer Beware, get a history report if you can. In UK, AA or HPI check would cover you, In US contact CARFAX or EXPERIEN, In Canada contact CARPROOF, In Nigeria, contact . . . Insha Allah, we will get there someday by God's grace grin  E go better cheesy

ziontrain:

@Busy_body, Secondly, buying second-hand car in the US does not come with CAVEAT EMPTOR - have you not heard of Lemon Law?

Your[i] Lemon law[/i] cannot override the "AS IS" law which is synonymous with UK's "CAVEAT EMPTOR-BUYER BEWARE" law in a contract of sale cool

Ziontrain, duty calls, go and sort out your car at Houston port tongue LET PEACE REIGN, PLEASE GIVE PEACE A CHANCE cheesy

@ Seun

Since Ziontrain is shamelessly beggingvolunteering for the role of moderator and no one else has volunteered their service, let him have a go at it, you can see he is a very passionate guy cool In case you have to let him down gently at the end of the trial period, please let him last longer than three days in the role, so as not to beat Kobo lipsrsealed 's record cheesy

Don't break his heart, I bet he is a real softie underneath all that tough stance cool

I AM out of HERE TOO. DUTY CALLS. I HAVE A NAIRALAND PARTY TO PLAN cool
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by vinchecks: 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2008
Quote from: ziontrain on Today at 01:56:38 AM
@Busy_body, a primary school student will present better logic than what you've presented here. What more can I say. If you don't know who Romeobest is by now, then I am sorry, your I.Q. is way too low for this forum. Everyone knows me on this forum and know what my agenda is - Transparency and honesty. I will say it out loud, I VOLUNTEER TO BE MODERATOR IF SEUN WILL ALLOW ME.

Why are you insulting primary school students angry angry angry Did I tell you I went to school angry angry angry Slow your roll as per plugging yourself for the role of the Moderator undecided undecided

We in the know, know who Romeobest is wink we also know who Akuya is wink now all we need to know is who you are lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Quote from: ziontrain on May 06, 2008, 03:48 PM
Fotodaddy,
. . . I am thinking that maybe this forum needs a moderator to sanitize the whole place. If we can't find one, I think we can do peer review by setting some standards. . .

We can ascertain from the we and the peer that you are a type of dealer, but let's not jump the gun yet. We need to confirm whether you are a dealer by proxy or a dealer in waiting.

Quote from: ziontrain on May 07, 2008, 03:57 AM
Vallo57,
I see you are a very emotional person. Please go back and read my posting. I am a car dealer in the USThe main issue in this business is . . . If we don't address these issues quickly, quacks will hijack this forum and customers will bail out in droves. We all will be the losers (maybe not you since you are just an observer). Hope you get the message.

Aha, alas Ziontrain is a car dealer on a mission to rid Nairaland of people selling cars without displaying its VIN. We get the message loud and clear, Mr I-am-a-dealer-not-an-observer with nearly 200 posts and no-product-put-up-for-sale-yet.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=132071.msg2248601#msg2248601
Sultaan,
We need to be cautious about the information we disseminate on this forum as we have a lot of people relying on us for accurate information. To say that dealers buy vehicles at auction and then tow them to the port is not COMPLETELY accurate. Not all of us dealers do that.

Again, another rejoinder to let us know that he is a dealer Undecided

Quote from: ziontrain on May 11, 2008, 06:51 PM
Nairalanders,
. . . As far as I can see, if we want to last long in nairaland, we should not categorize oursleves with www.1000carsales.com, www.motorlinksng.com, www.caradore.com, www.autotraderng.com etc. . . Nairaland shall not be hijacked by quacks by God's grace.

Once again we have been reassured by Ziontrain and we have his word that he is a dealer on Nairaland and that he will not sell us quack cheesy

Quote from: ziontrain on September 21, 2008, 07:12 PM
@Promise72,
. . . As car dealers, it is our responsibility to ascertain that the vehicle we are purchasing has no known issue. This is what CARFAX is for.

Awwww, bless his cotton socks, he even takes time out to explain the intricacies of CARFAX to anyone who cares to listen grin

Quote from: ziontrain on September 24, 2008, 01:18 PM
I had decided to leave this inspired alone but since he has chosen once again to be disrespectful, I am fully BACK!!
He says if I advertise a vehicle with VIN number he will leave this forum - well, within a couple of weeks or less by the grace of God, I will be advertising my vehicle that has just been delivered to the port of Houston. . .

[b]Oh I get it, Ziontrain is a car dealer Shocked I knew he was a dealer, I just did not know what he was peddling, until now Undecided PARDON ME FOR BEING TICK Grin I wonder when he would post one of his cars up for sale. It is strange for a dealer with 187 posts and counting, not to have a car for sale, on a forum he is so hellbent on sanitising in order to make customers not lose their trust in dealers like him, who use the forum to advertise their wares for sale Undecided

Quote from: ziontrain on September 24, 2008, 11:01 PM
Inspired, better control these your boyboys - idupaul, abbyode, damola1, bugybugy, etc. CONTROL THEM NOW BEFORE I STEP THINGS UP AGAIN!!

Instead of him to make use of the opportunity of the all-eyes-on-me to strike whilst the iron is hot and flood Nairaland with his cars, he is still resolute on carrying on with his malaria and aids campaign to rid Nairaland of Inspired_man shocked shocked
Inspired and his boyboys's his words not mine goading should have prompted a show of hands surely Undecided

Quote from: ziontrain on October 01, 2008, 09:51 PM
Nairalanders, please watch out for my car!! It will soon be on the way and Inspired will help me advertise it on his thread. By God's Grace, it will not be long before you all see the pictures. Stay Tuned!

Ah yet again, the elusive pot of gold at the end of the rainbow lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Quote from: ziontrain on October 01, 2008, 10:05 PM
@idupaul, I already announced on nairaland during the madness that I have my car on the way - so, nothing to hide here. Apparently, everyone is aware except you.

Idupaul, get with the system angry angry angry Ziontrain abhours sloppiness Cheesy

Quote from: ziontrain on October 14, 2008, 01:55 PM
. . . By the way, my second car is on the way to the port, God will sell it for me and you will be put to shame! Also, for your information, I will be starting Pre-order shortly. Nairalanders, stay tuned.

What!!! Wosai!!! Wait a minute!!! Second car!!! Where was I when the first transaction was concluded Cry I guess I was sleeping on the job Embarrassed Sorry Idupaul, I take back my previous accusation, I have been caught napping, I am sloppy too tongue tongue

Quote from: ziontrain on October 07, 2008, 12:59 PM

shocked shocked shocked Come back here, Mr I-am-a-car-dealer-not-a-bystander-with-nearly-two-hundred-posts-and-not-a-car-for-sale cheesy cheesy Which case is closed Huh

THE SAGA CONTINUES

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ziontrain, bury your head in Shame, Your arse has been exposed as a numbskull, halfwit and a Naffy. Mr Car dealer in the US with No Single car advert attached to his Name

Mr I-am-a-car-dealer-not-a-bystander-with-nearly-two-hundred-posts-and-not-a-car-for-sale. grin grin

His One Honda Accord will soon hit the Shores . . . . . . grin grin grin Schmuck. . .
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by ziontrain: 8:06pm On Oct 18, 2008
[b]Psalm 2:

"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine in vain?

The "kings" of nairaland set themselves and the "rulers" take counsel together, against the Lord and his anointed, saying

Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Yet have I set my King upon my holy hill of Zion".

@Busy_body, you cannot clone VIN sir! VIN number provided to nairaland will always be compared to that on the car. Only fools will buy car without matching the VIN of CARFAX to the actual VIN on the car they want to buy.

Secondly, US is not nigeria where you can steal a car and re-register it anyhow. What do you think America is? A banana republic? Please educate yourself about the procedure of registration in the US. If title is rebuilt, it will still show on CARFAX report. And also don't misquote me, I said CARFAX is more up-to-date and hence more reliable than other sources - I was not defending anyone. I was only being fair. Where I come from, being fair is not a crime sir![/b]

I just realized that this Busybody is female and her statistics show she spends most of her time in the Romance section. Maybe I should not have been so rough with her. Anyway, we don't do romance here, we do serious business. I think she should go back to her first love - Romance section.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by igwe11(m): 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2008
@ziontrain

inspired_m:

grin grin grin grin

Whose Ox is Gored Again ?

grin grin grin grin
cool grin grin
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by abbyode(m): 10:58pm On Oct 19, 2008
Seun, I will suggest that you set up an investigation panel for issues around inspiredm before you effect the 1-week ban on him.
Effecting 1-week ban on him without proper investigation report will portray an injustice on behalf of inspiredm.
Just my 2 cents.
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Busybody2(f): 2:38am On Oct 20, 2008
ziontrain:

[b]Psalm 2:

"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine in vain?

The "kings" of nairaland set themselves and the "rulers" take counsel together, against the Lord and his anointed, saying

Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Yet have I set my King upon my holy hill of Zion".

@Busy_body, you cannot clone VIN sir! VIN number provided to nairaland will always be compared to
that on the car. Only fools will buy car without matching the VIN of CARFAX to the actual VIN on the car they want to buy.

Secondly, US is not nigeria where you can steal a car and re-register it anyhow. What do you think America is? A banana republic? Please educate yourself about the procedure of registration in the US. If title is rebuilt, it will still show on CARFAX report. And also don't misquote me, I said CARFAX is more up-to-date and hence more reliable than other sources - I was not defending anyone. I was only being fair. Where I come from, being fair is not a crime sir![/b]

I just realized that this Busybody is female and her statistics show she spends most of her time in the Romance section. Maybe I should not have been so rough with her. Anyway, we don't do romance here, we do serious business. I think she should go back to her first love - Romance section.

Mr I-am-a-dealer lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

This post of yours only contained bible scriptures the first time you wrote this, now you have edited it to add some more tid-bits of information. So far so good cool

QUESTION
Why did you edit it? Why didn't you post this follow-on information separately?

ANSWER
Either you are concerned that Nairaland would run out of white space, which is very very very considerate of you knew you had some redeeming features cheesy or you are scared of your posts going over the 200 mark and that people would see you for what you really are shocked and wonder how you have over 200 posts and not yet a single car for sale  grin grin grin
Re: Chassis Number Or VIN Is Recommended On Every Listing by Busybody2(f): 3:02am On Oct 20, 2008
ziontrain:

@Busy_body, you cannot clone VIN sir!

If Ziontrain Mr I-am-a-dealer-in-the-know, says so cheesy How long have you been in the trade by the way undecided you seem to be very wet behind the ears grin

ziontrain:

Secondly, US is not nigeria where you can steal a car and re-register it anyhow. What do you think America is? A banana republic? Please educate yourself about the procedure of registration in the US. If title is rebuilt, it will still show on CARFAX report.

Who said it would not show on Carfax aitete mu ole grin

Okay educate me goofaholic, when a CARFAX report on a car shows TOTAL LOSS, then it is rebuilt and it passes all inspection, and it is certified safe to go back on the road, and a new title is issued, WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING BLUE MURDER AND STILL ACCUSING INSPIRED OF SELLING SCRAP AND ENDANGERING PEOPLE'S LIVES angry IS YOUR SOLE MISSION ON EARTH TO MAKE SURE EVERY CAR INSPIRED PUTS UP FOR SALE IS NOT A REPAIRABLE SALVAGE angry I await your answer, waste of space angry

As for your "USA is not Nigeria" comment, ignorance is bliss wink

ziontrain:

I was not defending anyone. I was only being fair. Where I come from, being fair is not a crime sir![/b][/color]

You are a very fair fellow indeed for singling out Inspired to be burnt at the stake undecided When Phammyus did the same thing, were you not the one leading the pity party for everyone to give him a chance and at least 24 hours to come and explain what happened undecided Were you not the same fellow who said maybe what happened, happened because CARFAX report was more uptodate than Autocheck's report undecided

If you are that deluded to think that you are a fair person, then I am the Queen's mother cool

ziontrain:

I just realized that this Busybody is female

Oka'bo slowcoach grin Now do you want a cookie grin

ziontrain:

and her statistics show she spends most of her time in the Romance section. Maybe I should not have been so rough with her. Anyway, we don't do romance here, we do serious business. I think she should go back to her first love - Romance section.

Romance, moi, you are lost wink

I thought you hated sloppiness, and was all about honesty and transparency undecided FYI, there are two busybodies on this forum, me and my apprentice, my moniker is busy_body and the now defunct big_bumper. I am surgically attached to the TRAVEL SECTION. You can check my stats under busy_body and big_bumper cool It is a pity Siena cry is no longer with us, he would have given you a glowing report on the model child that I was, always well behaved, very compliance, ever ready to turn the other cheek. . . cool

N.B

Mr Ziontrain, can we just drop everything, and by everything, it includes letting Inspired_men be, it is no longer that time of the month for me, my hormones have stabilised, and frankly this merry-go-round ride is starting to bore my brains out. My head hurts.

Since you are privy to the fact that a primary school student would put me to shame with the level of my yinglish comprehension, I cannot afford to waste more time faffing around and need to enrol on a English 001 course asap to brush up my grammar. Can you recommend an American Uni in Texas, I don't mind doing the first two years of the course at a technical college o, if a direct entry to University is beyond my grasp tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why You Must Sell Your Cars with Us. / 1962 Ferrari Abandoned For 40Years Sold For ₦55M In The U.k.(Pics) / Let's Handle All Your Payment To Copart and Iaai.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.