Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

who is your funniest hollywood comedian? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / who is your funniest hollywood comedian? (1788 Views)

Which Is Your Funniest Hollywood Movie You Ever Seen?? / Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? / Funniest Adverts You've Watched/heard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by maingwaest(f): 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
They are good actors, unique in their own ways but one thing they all have in common is being funny. But, if i am to crown a king among them, it will be Martin Payne. The guy is a natural and his sitcom “MATIN" said it all. If u are to choose between them who will it be?

2 Likes

Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by RayMcBlue(m): 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
Eddie Murphy is the king of Comedy and mentored a lot of up and comers. Chris Rock named him as a major influence while growing up. Eddie is known as the one-man-acting-crew as he solely writes, produces, directs and plays the leading role(s) in most of his popular Hollywood movies.

Will Smith has a comedic background but had to tone down the persona in order to land more serious roles in Grade A Hollywood thrillers. A successful Metamorphosis if "I, Robot", "I Am Legend", and "Enemy Of the State" were of any indications.

Martin Payne is apparently the less popular of the trio and shouldn't even be on the list. Chris Rock taking his place would make this battle more of a contest, IMHO.

Bottom Line: As it stands, with Will Smith being the only true contender to Eddie on the List, Eddie wins out easily enough as the funniest of the lot.

2 Likes

Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by tuagbo: 11:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
@Ray Mcblue I agree 200% with your post.My honourable mentions are Richard Pryor and Bill Cosby

1 Like

Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by RayMcBlue(m): 4:54am On Jul 22, 2014
tuagbo: @Ray Mcblue I agree 200% with your post. My honourable mentions are Richard Pryor and Bill Cosby

Flattered, @tuagbo. cool

Bill Cosby is a Legend. The first actor of African American background to land a Leading role in a major Television production, "I, Spy" back in the 1960s.

A multiple Award winner, Cosby's greatest television success however came in 1984 with the debut of "The Cosby Show." The program aired weekly on NBC and went on to become the highest ranking sitcom of all time. Quite a Landmark.

Cosby's current role as the man-behind-the-man in American media world can rightfully put in him a special niche that transcends all the pettiness associated with rivalries. He's a Mentor, Creator and a Living Legend. #Respect

Richard Pryor had a Comedic history that paralleled that of Cosby's but had to live in the shadow of the later until his eventual demise 10 years ago. Still a notable mention, however.

1 Like

Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 22, 2014
Nick cannon and Kevin hart
Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by maingwaest(f): 9:22am On Jul 22, 2014
@ RayMcBlue, u are kinda ryt and for that I don go change my topic lol.
Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by RayMcBlue(m): 9:44am On Jul 22, 2014
Wise move. cool
Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 22, 2014
Tyler Perry as madea
Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by maingwaest(f): 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
kulyie: Tyler Perry as madea
. In fact he fits so much into character that I ll not mind him being Madea for real.
Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by grandstar(m): 3:41am On Aug 05, 2014
eddie murphy is the funniest. shocked he is 55 now! and his girlfriend is a 34 year old white model. racism seems to be going out of fashion is the US
Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by maingwaest(f): 10:52am On Aug 05, 2014
grandstar: eddie murphy is the funniest. shocked he is 55 now! and his girlfriend is a 34 year old white model. racism seems to be going out of fashion is the US
. Nice pick, but then hey, its Eddie even the whitest of all chicks ll date him. He has every thing ,money,fame ati gbogbo e so ......... Btw u really tink he is funnier than Martin Lawrence ? Huhhhhhhh.
Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by grandstar(m): 5:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
maingwaest: . Nice pick, but then hey, its Eddie even the whitest of all chicks ll date him. He has every thing ,money,fame ati gbogbo e so ......... Btw u really tink he is funnier than Martin Lawrence ? Huhhhhhhh.

Eddie Murphy is funnier. Also Martin Lawrence jokes are quite black. Eddie Murphy appeals to a very broad audience.

1 Like

Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by Eberex(m): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
Try and watch Jim;Carey PET DETECTIVE

2 Likes

Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by alaura: 8:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
Ben Stiller, the guy is a natural. Kevin Hart, Eddie Murphy, Jim Carey lived him in d mask,Chris Rock, can't remember some join they r plenty
Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by khanivorous(f): 10:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
Kevin hart is too childish

Ariel spears is way better

1 Like

Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 17, 2014
maingwaest: They are good actors, unique in their own ways but one thing they all have in common is being funny. But, if i am to crown a king among them, it will be Martin Payne. The guy is a natural and his sitcom “MATIN" said it all. If u are to choose between them who will it be?
For me, its matin Lawrence all de way. His jokes, body language and aw he could be serious running short distance wit all strength as if he is running 1500m Olympics.

2 Likes

Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by Nmeri17: 6:06pm On Dec 07, 2014
RayMcBlue's posts sounds like Wikipedia. bro are u Wikipedia?? sad

isn't Mr bean Hollywood?? Yea I know he's English of birth but aren't his films made in Hollywood??
Jackie Chan too. Then bill Cosby of the Cosby show.
all these una talk talk comedians just tire me. they'll talk and people will laugh in the background. very annoying angry
Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by MainHerioneHoon(f): 10:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
Dave Chapelle Paul Moony Sir Richard Pryor Rest in peace Chris Rock Chris Tucker
Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by Blackeard(m): 5:41pm On Aug 10, 2015
Chris Rock, Kevin Hart.
Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by eniigmar(m): 10:18am On Aug 30, 2015
Jim carrey....Eddie Murphy.........Kevin Hart.... that.black guy dat acted as BIG MAMA.Plz can somone remind me of his name?
Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 30, 2015
eniigmar:
Jim carrey....Eddie Murphy.........Kevin Hart.... that.black guy dat acted as BIG MAMA.Plz can somone remind me of his name?

Martin Lawrence.

1 Like

Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by moshuur(m): 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2015
trust me I'll go with Matin Lawrence and Kelvin Hart any day any time any period any season any year any month any day any hour any minutes any seconds.pls what "any" remains.I really like both of them
Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by yoji: 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2015
Dave Chappelle is the funniest man that has ever lived. His Chappele Show is commedy's finnest hour. The guy is just out of this world. Jus thinkin of that show still makes me laff. Too many classic moments ....."its Rick James bitch! grin grin
Re: who is your funniest hollywood comedian? by emerich(m): 11:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
The funniest of them all is Zach, the guy is funny to a fault, try n watch his movies such as Due date, it's kind of a funny story, the campaign, hangover etc, the guy is a clown walai.

(1) (Reply)

All Women Are Prostitutes – Yoruba Actress, Bose Arowosegbe / What Movie Made You Cry? / Gotv N The Sony Channel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.