Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Help! My Disco Is Showing Code P0705 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! My Disco Is Showing Code P0705 (944 Views)

Help!!! My Engine Oil Indicator Is Showing While The Oil Is Guage / Help My Nissan Pathfinder 2003 Model Is Showing Check Engine / Acura Mdx Tech Package 2008 Model Showing Check Transmission With Flashing D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Disco Is Showing Code P0705 by SirAweezy(m): 7:01am On Jul 22, 2014
Hello NLers,

I scanned my LR Disco, and it shows this:

"P0705 Transmission Range sensor A circuit (PRNDL Input)"

Anyone with a meaningful help, I will so much appreciate.
Re: Help! My Disco Is Showing Code P0705 by mayor2013: 7:31am On Jul 22, 2014
Open your bonnet. Look down towards the bottom region of your transmission you would see a sensor at the bottom corner of the transmission. It is called the transmission range sensor. Now the sensor might have been full with mud or dirt. Try cleanings it
Re: Help! My Disco Is Showing Code P0705 by SirAweezy(m): 7:46am On Jul 22, 2014
mayor2013: Open your bonnet. Look down towards the bottom region of your transmission you would see a sensor at the bottom corner of the transmission. It is called the transmission range sensor. Now the sensor might have been full with mud or dirt. Try cleanings it

Thanks, I'll do..just that!
Re: Help! My Disco Is Showing Code P0705 by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 22, 2014
Possible causes
- Faulty Gear Position Switch
- Misadjusted Gear Position Switch
- Gear Position Switch harness is open or shorted
- Gear Position Switch circuit poor electrical connection

Read more: http://engine-codes.com/p0705_land-rover.html#ixzz38C0RinmN
Re: Help! My Disco Is Showing Code P0705 by SirAweezy(m): 2:20pm On Jul 22, 2014
cne010: Possible causes

I think it should be the Gear, cuz whenever I put it in reverse I see a sign 'S M' in green light blinking on the dash board. Which will not allow the Drive rev well.

Pls can you recommend a good LR Disco car electrician, I'm tired of all this OBD scanner, trouble-shooter rewire. I really need someone Who is very sound. Thanks
Re: Help! My Disco Is Showing Code P0705 by mayor2013: 7:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
Call this number 08165520837 or 08165520837

1 Like

Re: Help! My Disco Is Showing Code P0705 by SirAweezy(m): 11:10pm On Aug 24, 2014
cne010: Possible causes

Thanks you were right
-misadjusted gear position switch
Re: Help! My Disco Is Showing Code P0705 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
SirAweezy:
Thanks you were right

Nice one bro
Re: Help! My Disco Is Showing Code P0705 by bimbor(m): 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
SirAweezy:
Thanks you were right

@Weezy did you finally get someone to look it up for you? Or How did you finally get it sorted?
Re: Help! My Disco Is Showing Code P0705 by SirAweezy(m): 9:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
bimbor:

@Weezy did you finally get someone to look it up for you? Or How did you finally get it sorted?

I went for a full Diagnostic scan on the car, and one of the problem it shows was: Gear switch faulty(PRN). Funny enough the electrician guy was already calling market asking for a new Gear switch(told me 30k). I just told him thank you and I left.. I reverted back to cne010 reply on NL, and I called the mechanic to check the Gear switch and adjust for me..(Just my instinct). And he did and that was all..all I gave him was an hand-shake lol.
Re: Help! My Disco Is Showing Code P0705 by ivoryhouse(m): 11:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
SirAweezy:

I went for a full Diagnostic scan on the car, and one of the problem it shows was: Gear switch faulty(PRN). Funny enough the electrician guy was already calling market asking for a new Gear switch(told me 30k). I just told him thank you and I left.. I reverted back to cne010 reply on NL, and I called the mechanic to check the Gear switch and adjust for me..(Just my instinct). And he did and that was all..all I gave him was an hand-shake lol.
Go to ebay.uk for landrover parts at really great prices.

(1) (Reply)

Which Toyota Model Is This? [PICTURE] / Cars Built By Nigerian Students To Race In Rotterdam Marathon / Can Unused Motor/engine Oil Expire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.