Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series (8589 Views)

Can An Alpha's Bite(teen Wolf) Kill An Original Vampire(the Originals)? / Suits TV Series Fanpage (No Spoiler) / The Strain Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by kannymoore(m): 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
... Anyone here watched the new TV Series titled "The Strain"

Mehn!.. I haven't watched a more edge-of-seat gripping thriller of a pilot Tv Series since PrisonBreak. Yep! I said so. I might even tip it as even slightly better than The Walking Dead.

You guys should please check it out.

http://mobtvseries.in/site_257.xhtml

2 Likes

Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by kannymoore(m): 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
Plot :A thriller that tells the story of Dr. Ephraim Goodweather, the head of the Center for Disease Control Canary Team in New York City.
Cast : David Bradley, Anne Betancourt, Nikolai Witschl, Pedro Miguel Arce
Genres : Drama | Horror | Sci-Fi
Runtime : 60m
More Info : http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2654620/

1 Like

Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by decepticos(m): 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
I was about to open a thread for the Strain, Extant and Helix until I stumbled on this people have no Idea what they are missing. Haven seen the Pilot episode of the strain I have to say it came as advertised, we don't have a bunch of pretty boi glowing in the sun kinda vamps, we have real vampires in a mes-sed up world where 'everyone wants to cover their as,s'es and don't care about the truth' but surprisingly 'I do', sorry those aren't my word but the reply by F, (and yes he's actually called F), just can't wait for he next episode. Sorry just incase u don't like d zombies from d walking dead u should try Helix, the zombies there leave a lot to ponder.

1 Like

Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by kannymoore(m): 1:48am On Jul 23, 2014
decepticos: I was about to open a thread for the Strain, Extant and Helix until I stumbled on this people have no Idea what they are missing. Haven seen the Pilot episode of the strain I have to say it came as advertised, we don't have a bunch of pretty boi glowing in the sun kinda vamps, we have real vampires in a mes-sed up world where 'everyone wants to cover their as,s'es and don't care about the truth' but surprisingly 'I do', sorry those aren't my word but the reply by F, (and yes he's actually called F), just can't wait for he next episode. Sorry just incase u don't like d zombies from d walking dead u should try Helix, the zombies there leave a lot to ponder.

Bubs..

First of all.. Welcome to my thread!!! grin !! Lol!

Mehn did you see that scene @ the morgue?...one minute, 200 bodies are in their body bags. All zipped up and dead The coroner bends down, pulls out the parasitic worms trying to burrow into his hands with his tweezers and when he gets back to his feet...

voila.... The Perfect Coroner's Nightmare!!!

Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by Darray(m): 6:16am On Jul 23, 2014
As at now,I can't submit yet that it is better than The walking dead but the first two episodes were very impressive and interesting. The story line is also captivating so I will be following the series religiuosly.
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by RayMcBlue(m): 6:18am On Jul 23, 2014
"The Strain"

Typically, I don't binge on new TV shows until they are more than 5 episodes. I like continuity. I've had my eyes on "The Strain" for a while when FX announced that they will be debuting "Something different" this July after the season finale of Fargo. I love FX, they are pretty good at anthropological TV series if "Fargo" and "American Horror Story" success stories were anything to go by. So, when the trailer came out, I watched it on YouTube, and I liked what I'd seen. It showed glimpses of post-apocalypse Earth, the world in Chaos, and Zombie-like blood suckers on the loose.

Then when it premiered last week, faithful to my formula, I ignored it cuz I've already decided to wait after the 5th week to binge. Then came the hype. People started gushing about the show all over the place, how it's better than "The Walking Dead", how it's a true vampire TV show... blah blah blah. I tried to resist the curiosity, but I finally succumbed to the pressure last night and decided to see what the hype's all about. I watched the premiere online and... it was disappointing.

I've seen great shows, the type that kept you at the edge of your seat and made you craving for more of the same after each closing credits, "The Strain" isn't one of them. I nearly dozed off watching it and believe me, that doesn't happen to me when I watch a particularly good show.

From what I've been able to garner from the pilot, the plot holes are already significant.
-First one: "This is very serious, we have ourselves a dead plane" - Bishop. How the fvck did he arrive suddenly at that assumption? Okay, maybe the plane's cold on the outside, but what about the inside? For all I know it might have been a hostage situation on board.

-2nd One: Releasing of the 4 survivors was a plot mistake. In the real world, CDC were very meticulous and careful and would never have allowed those survivors to leave in less than 36 hours. 5 days quarantine is the minimum isolation time to determine effectively that the subjects in question ain't a danger to the general populace. Allowing them to suddenly go bordered on unrealism and a lil' bit of desperation. You see, the next chapter of the storyline depends on the freedom of the survivors.

-3rd One: Government Conspiracy and Cover-ups stealing the spotlight. Right now, I can't tell if the show's a political, Horror or mystery drama series. The Federal Government feeding the public a made up crap concerning the ill-fated airplane most certainly put it within the political and mystery ballpark.

-4th One: More than 200 people died on that plane. You can't simply explain away your problems when the families of the deceased can still perform their own autopsies whenever they gained access to their loved one bodies. Huge gaping plot hole right here.

There are 2 others that I'll not be addressing just yet till they aired the next episode.

Bottom Line: It's still early days, so maybe all these plot holes will be addressed and fixed, but for now, this show is nothing but a piece of crap.

6 Likes

Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by VillageBoi(m): 8:29am On Jul 23, 2014
I really like the show so far.
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by mosho2good: 8:47am On Jul 23, 2014
The show is very interesting and I can't wait for the next episode just like the walking dead but sooner or later the world is going to know about the zoombies and those 200 who are in the morgue have they all escape and walked in the land of the living...
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by decepticos(m): 9:29am On Jul 23, 2014
RayMcBlue: "The Strain"

Typically, I don't binge on new TV shows until they are more than 5 episodes. I like continuity. I've had my eyes on "The Strain" for a while when FX announced that they will be debuting "Something different" this July after the season finale of Fargo. I love FX, they are pretty good at anthropological TV series if "Fargo" and "American Horror Story" success stories were anything to go by. So, when the trailer came out, I watched it on YouTube, and I liked what I'd seen. It showed glimpses of post-apocalypse Earth, the world in Chaos, and Zombie-like blood suckers on the loose.

Then when it premiered last week, faithful to my formula, I ignored it cuz I've already decided to wait after the 5th week to binge. Then came the hype. People started gushing about the show all over the place, how it's better than "The Walking Dead", how it's a true vampire TV show... blah blah blah. I tried to resist the curiosity, but I finally succumbed to the pressure last night and decided to see what's the hype all about. I watched the premiere online and... it was disappointing.

I've seen great shows, the type that kept you at the edge of your seat and made you craving for more of the same after each closing credits, "The Strain" isn't one of them. I nearly dozed off watching it and believe me, that doesn't happen to me when I watch a particularly good show.

From what I've been able to garner from the pilot, the plot holes are already significant.
-First one: "This is very serious, we have ourselves a dead plane" - Bishop. How the fvck did he arrive suddenly at that assumption? Okay, maybe the plane's cold on the outside, but what about the inside? For all I know it might have be a hostage situation on board.

-2nd One: Releasing of the 4 survivors was a plot mistake. In the real world, CDC were very meticulous and careful and would never have allowed those survivors to leave in less than 36 hours. 5 days quarantine is the minimum isolation time to determine effectively that the subjects in question ain't a danger to the general populace. Allowing them to suddenly go bordered on unrealism and a lil' bit of desperation. You see, the next chapter of the storyline depends on the freedom of the survivors.

-3rd One: Government Conspiracy and Cover-ups stealing the spotlight. Right now, I can't tell if the show's a political, Horror or mystery drama series. The Federal Government feeding the public a made up crap concerning the ill-fated airplane most certainly put it within the political and mystery ballpark.

-4th One: More than 200 people died on that plane. You can't simply explain away your problems when the families of the deceased can still perform their own autopsies whenever they gained access to their loved one bodies. Huge gaping plot hole right here.

There are 2 others that I'll not be addressing just yet till they aired the next episode.

Bottom Line: It's still early days, so maybe all these plot holes will be addressed and fixed, but for now, this show is nothing but a piece of crap.
did u really write this off your head, if so that's quite cool, nice pointed out Plotholes after just two episodes(dat wan no men say I no go wash am though), could u also see Helix and Extant, would like ur(or the sources) opinnion on those two.
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by decepticos(m): 9:36am On Jul 23, 2014
kannymoore:

Bubs..

First of all.. Welcome to my thread!!! grin !! Lol!

Mehn did you see that scene @ the morgue?...one minute, 200 bodies are in their body bags. All zipped up and dead The coroner bends down, pulls out the parasitic worms trying to burrow into his hands with his tweezers and when he gets back to his feet...

voila.... The Perfect Coroner's Nightmare!!!
well the corpse at the morgues rising up were really no big surprise especially since d jew already recommended that 'their head must be killed and body burned' what really got me in dis scene was the worm and d beating heart, mehn dat was freaky.
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by RayMcBlue(m): 9:53am On Jul 23, 2014
decepticos: did u really write this off your head, if so that's quite cool, nice pointed out Plotholes after just two episodes(dat wan no men say I no go wash am though), could u also see Helix and Extant, would like ur(or the sources) opinnion on those two.

It's all moi, mate. I don't dig copy and paste. Not my style.

Have seen "Helix." My advice: If you haven't seen the show, don't bother. The whole plot is ridiculous right from the pilot to the season finale. Never knew Zombies can think, talk and coordinate their actions, until I watched the show. Made me to adore and appreciate "The Walking Dead" all the more.

Haven't seen "Extant"... not yet. Still engrossed in the HBO's "The Leftovers" and Starz's "Black Sails" at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by khanivorous(f): 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2014

Then when it premiered last week, faithful to my formula, I ignored it cuz I've already decided to wait after the 5th week to binge. Then came the hype. People started gushing about the show all over the place, how it's better than "The Walking Dead", how it's a true vampire TV show... blah blah blah. I tried to resist the curiosity, but I finally succumbed to the pressure last night and decided to see what the hype's all about. I watched the premiere online and... it was disappointing.

-First one: "This is very serious, we have ourselves a dead plane" - Bishop. How the fvck did he arrive suddenly at that assumption? Okay, maybe the plane's cold on the outside, but what about the inside? For all I know it might have been a hostage situation on board.

And what did you just gain from " find faults' in this awesome tv show...NOTHING

2 Likes

Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by khanivorous(f): 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
The funny part where the latino hard guy heard the shakes and vibrations coming from the coffin..he didn't wait to see what was in it...he took off upon all his hard man#wise guy#

1 Like

Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by RayMcBlue(m): 11:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
khanivorous:

And what did you just gain from " find faults' in this awesome tv show...NOTHING

I learnt a lot, actually. At least, I can authoritatively surmise from what I've seen so far that it's a very flawed show and nowhere as plot tight and captivating as "The Walking Dead."

1 Like

Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by kannymoore(m): 1:58am On Jul 24, 2014
khanivorous: The funny part where the latino hard guy heard the shakes and vibrations coming from the coffin..he didn't wait to see what was in it...he took off upon all his hard man#wise guy#

As in... The guy WISE DIE!... grin...did the very thing any normal thinking naija guy fit do! LWKMD!

And hey!...welcome, khanivorous!! *wink*
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by suwailad(f): 9:50am On Jul 24, 2014
kannymoore: ... Anyone here watched the new TV Series titled "The Strain"
Mehn!.. I haven't watched a more edge-of-seat gripping thriller of a pilot Tv Series since PrisonBreak. Yep! I said so. I might even tip it as even slightly better than The Walking Dead.
You guys should please check it out.
http://mobtvseries.in/site_257.xhtml

[size=15pt]you are just sensationalizing everything. Its just a normal show, and can never be better than the Walking dead which was an instant hit with the first episode. The strain will be judged when the season ends. I gues you are just watching few shows here and there and dont know what a thriller show is. Just watch it and e njoy yourself, dont say its the best show ever, coz you seem like a doofus and villageboy who just started watching tv shows last month. We dont even know if the virus is a vampire yet or zombie or vampire/zombie etc. so you see what i mean?[/size]
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by RayMcBlue(m): 11:07am On Jul 24, 2014
Sheesh! Dial it down a bit @suwailad. I know how irritating it can be when someone overhype a seemingly ordinary show, believe me, but the thread belongs to him, really. He created it. So it's within his right to gush all over the place about the "The Strain" so-far-as it's restricted within this page.

You can criticize his views and outline all the things you hate about the show if you want -- that's your right as a contributor, but attacking him personally is uncalled for and very immature on your part. #Peace

3 Likes

Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by kannymoore(m): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
Folks, episode 3 drops later tonight!!!

Yiiippiiiie!! grin grin grin grin
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by kannymoore(m): 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
Double post
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by kannymoore(m): 11:04am On Jul 28, 2014
Just watched episode 3... Its pretty good.

Still trying to fathom the mystery surrounding the horde of rats by the river..why so many?..and what's their relationship with the river?.. And why so many of them @ broad daylight?

Hmmm.......
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by VillageBoi(m): 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2014
Well, the 'real cat' is out of the bag now. There can't be any doubting Thomases for here on in... but we shall see. grin
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by RayMcBlue(m): 4:10pm On Jul 28, 2014
I'll be watching the latest episode tonight. Salivating for more plot holes. wink
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by kannymoore(m): 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
VillageBoi: Well, the 'real cat' is out of the bag now. There can't be any doubting Thomases for here on in... but we shall see. grin

Ol bros...

You bin see how dat rock and roll guy take piss him Blokos troway?!

I nefa see bobo wey hate him blokos pass dat guy oh except one weyrey black American rapper wey chop him own off sometime back. grin

Come to think about am...why musicians dey craze dey dey dem dey craze nah? grin grin grin !!!

LwKMD

1 Like

Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by RayMcBlue(m): 7:09am On Jul 29, 2014
-Things are finally looking up. No discernable plot hole in sight, though some questions remained unanswered.
-This is OFFICIALLY a horror thriller TV show, no more blurred lines.
-A much much more improvement from the forgettable last 2 episodes.
-Sincerely hope the show will not take further 2 steps backwards in the next episode, especially, after making much progress with "Episode 3."

1 Like

Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by VillageBoi(m): 8:26am On Jul 29, 2014
kannymoore:

Ol bros... You bin see how dat rock and roll guy take piss him Blokos troway?!

I nefa see bobo wey hate him blokos pass dat guy oh except one weyrey black American rapper wey chop him own off sometime back. grin

Come to think about am...why musicians dey craze dey dey dem dey craze nah? grin grin grin !!!

LwKMD

Na wa o! I tell one my friend say na so him own go fall commot dey flop for ground like fish oneday bekos nowhere wey the guy no dey chook him thingy. I laff shaa when the Rock n Rolla guy turn... na so all the zombie-vampire go resemble Barbie doll for there?

Teehee, na artiste thing... na so all of them dey craze lol.

1 Like

Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by suwailad(f): 10:32am On Jul 29, 2014
kannymoore:

Ol bros...

You bin see how dat rock and roll guy take piss him Blokos troway?!

LwKMD
please can you remove vampire from the title? Coz it clearly shows its not vampirism in the Strain but zombie and boderline viral mutation.
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by kannymoore(m): 9:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
suwailad:
please can you remove vampire from the title? Coz it clearly shows its not vampirism in the Strain but zombie and boderline viral mutation.

Zombies live in coffins... abi?
Zombies are so fast that even cameras can't catch them ...abi??
A zombie can lift that 9 foot coffin filled with earth like its a feather..abi??

Madam...abeg, leave the title as e be for now biko. Story nefa reach anywhere yet u don already dey form theory.
Why not just munch popcorn and enjoy the show?

ah-ahn??!!

1 Like

Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by kannymoore(m): 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
Episode 4 is already out.

I won't lie, its creeping the f**k outta me
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked !

Even the cold weather isn't helping matters cos I've been having goose bumps all over!

Suspense na die!

grin
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by armadeo(m): 1:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
I have watched 3 ep of the strain and I agree with that dude that said its crap.

Let a horror movie fan tell you where this is going.

1. A dead plane ship arrives the city all dead no one knows what happened except we catch a glimpse of the monster who caused it.

2. An old man obviously a warrior knows what's up. Let's call him Abraham.

3. Onboard the dead plane is a coffin ( hmmmmm)

4. This coffin is filled with sand ( obviously a coffin carries a body, now who must travel in the dark in the soil of his native land?) .... You see where I am heading?

5. Suddenly dead people start getting up with a thirst for blood ( forget the whole alien tongue thing... Its still vamparism)

6. An old man sick, strikes a bargain with the contents of the coffin who appears to be very old ( possibly horrible to look at)
What could the old rich dying man want more than an elongation of his life. Immortality?

Now do you know where thus is heading?

Fans by now should know who was in the coffin.

Its a remake if the most popular vampire in history with a frwh coat of paint.
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 09, 2014

_

Thank you, jare! I seriously don't know what people see in that crap! 2GB wasted downloading episodes 1 and 2! CRAP!
Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by kannymoore(m): 5:59am On Aug 10, 2014
SimonAndal:
_

Thank you, jare! I seriously don't know what people see in that crap! 2GB wasted downloading episodes 1 and 2! CRAP!

Erm bro...

The same RayMcBlue who you so enthusiastically quoted still said this after watching the 3rd episode..

""RayMcBlue(m):7:09amOnJul 29
-Things are finally looking up. No discernable plot hole in sight, though some questions remained unanswered.
-This is OFFICIALLY a horror thriller TV show, no more blurred lines.
-A much much more improvement from the forgettable last 2 episodes.
-Sincerely hope the show will not take further 2 steps backwards in the next episode, especially, after making much progress with "Episode 3." ..""

Now, with regards your over-glorification of the CDC claiming that the events that happened in the TV show can't happen in real life in the USA, I would have loved to toe your premise but I've learnt in my short stay in the earth that nothing is entirely perfect and stranger things have happened.

No one in the western world, Pre-9/11 would have ever believed that the US would be subjected to a terrorist attack. Everyone laughed off movies like "The Siege" claiming that their "All-Powerful" Pentagon and NSA were on to of things and far too advanced for uncivilized jihadists until Bin Laden showed them what's up! Lol!!

Shit happens bro... There is always the spectre of "human error" in almost every slice of perfection.

Well you say its shit...imdb.com critics, rottentomatoes.com critics and metacritic all rate this show pretty highly but hey, its none of of my business.

Do have a nice day bro.

1 Like

Re: The Strain Fanpage... The Most Original Vampire Tv Series by RayMcBlue(m): 2:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
@SimonAndal, I might have been too quick to judge cuz the show's da bomb. grin

Episode 4 was the creepiest of all the all episodes so far. Geez!! shocked

I literally lost my appetite when Eph yanked an organic feeding tube out of an infected corpse's mouth. shocked shocked

The Strain built on its great third episode with more gore, more suspense, and more scares, and the show is quickly becoming a piece of campy horror candy that goes down so easy, the wait between episodes is starting to feel cruel. angry

I'd watch the entire first season right now if it was plopped down in front of me, forgoing bathroom breaks with a bucket and an open window so that I wouldn't have to stop. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CONTAINMENT SERIES OFFICIAL FAN PAGE / Nollywood Is Now Officially Pornywood/hornywood (photos) / Renew Your Iroko Mobile Subscription And Enjoy Our Promo Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.