Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

What's The Disadvantage Of Using A Bigger Tyre On A Vehicle? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Disadvantage Of Using A Bigger Tyre On A Vehicle? (1090 Views)

The Pros And Cons Of Using A Hybrid Vehicle In Nigeria / Why Do Nigerians Avoid Diesel Cars When Buying A Vehicle? / Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Disadvantage Of Using A Bigger Tyre On A Vehicle? by lonelydora: 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
My recommended tyre size is 205/60R16 but I have been using 215/60R16 for almost 2 years now.
Car is 2003 Accord V6 EX-L.

Is there any negative effect it would have on the car performance?

I am thinking of changing my tyres back to the recommended. Although I have not noticed any handling problem since I started using the bigger tyre size.

Please house what's your opinion on this?
Re: What's The Disadvantage Of Using A Bigger Tyre On A Vehicle? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 23, 2014
The tyres you're running are just a bit wider I guess the car would be more balanced but you might have reduced fuel economy in city driving but better highway mileage. I can remember reading that somewhere.
Re: What's The Disadvantage Of Using A Bigger Tyre On A Vehicle? by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 23, 2014
Very negligible difference, no need to make a change but it depends on why you made the change originally.

I personally go for +2s on my cars. So I would have done 225/45/18 to reduce the sidewalls and increase cornering ability.

1 Like

Re: What's The Disadvantage Of Using A Bigger Tyre On A Vehicle? by lonelydora: 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
CityNG: Very negligible difference, no need to make a change but it depends on why you made the change originally.

I personally go for +2s on my cars. So I would have done 225/45/18 to reduce the sidewalls and increase cornering ability.

I asked a friend to help me buy 2 tyres while i was away. He mistakenly bought 215 instead of 205. I have been using it since then.
Re: What's The Disadvantage Of Using A Bigger Tyre On A Vehicle? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
lonelydora:

I asked a friend to help me buy 2 tyres while i was away. He mistakenly bought 215 instead of 205. I have been using it since then.

As long as you keep them on the same axle then they are fine.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Solve Fuel Consumption Problem In Volvo S40 / Help: Which cars of models '08 and above (sedan or SUV) are easiest to maintain? / This Rare Black Ferrari F50 Is Valued At Over $3 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.