Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? (16663 Views)

Power Of Coconut Water / Coconut With Seed! I Saw It Today, Any Explanation? (pics) / About The Coconut Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by adebrave1(m): 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
I have heard about things like, if you drink it you will have nightmares.
Another set of people will say you will be very brainy if you take it.

But for me I love drinking the water, but people keep discouraging me that I should stop drinking it because of various misconceptions about it.

Let me hear your opinion about it!
Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by psucc(m): 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Let's hear their argument concerning it,

1 Like

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Pavore9: 10:42am On Jul 23, 2014
lt strengthens you when feeling weak and neutralizes the effects of overdose of drugs.

11 Likes

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by deyo1(m): 2:49am On Jul 24, 2014
It is an alternative to caffeinated energy drinks. other countries in Africa consume and know the benefits of it. Its good for u

1 Like

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Chuukwudi(m): 5:05am On Jul 24, 2014
Coconut water contains a rich chemical compound called adenosine triphosphate. According to my HPE teacher, It's responsible for producing energy in the body.

I remember one Jackie Chan film I watched a very long time ago, it's titled 'Who am I', Jackie Chan administered coconut liquor in form of a drip on an unconscious man for rejuvenation and it worked.

Sometime ago, during my primary school period too, I was given an injection during immunisation in my state, It was later rumoured that the injections were expired. The injection kept me bedridden, it was extremely painful.
All my lovely brother did was to call me to the backyard, gave me black charcoals for dinner, and gave me around 8 coconuts to sip its water. I got filled, It was my dinner.

Coconut water is good for everyone.

God is great! Botanists, How did the water enter inside that hard shelled cover in the first place?

22 Likes

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by lomaxx: 5:10am On Jul 24, 2014
I spend more time wondering how the water got in there in the first instance.

19 Likes

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by datguru: 5:10am On Jul 24, 2014
They said it cures dizziness. sad
Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Tobitrueman(m): 5:11am On Jul 24, 2014
some people says drinking coconut water can make someone go 'nut' and 'unintelligent' grin

1 Like

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by isacolukay(m): 5:13am On Jul 24, 2014
And to think of it, this uninformative piece of shit made fp!

1 Like

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Warlord3000(m): 5:14am On Jul 24, 2014
The old fellas used to scare us away from the cool juicy drink saying it will turn one to a dull being..

But na lie.
Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Olsoo(m): 5:16am On Jul 24, 2014
I've heard loads of them...I wonder where those myths/misconceptions originated from gan sef...Nigerians sabi confuse pesin,u'll be hearing things like; If u play AYO,u'll become dull...drink coconut water nd u'll go dull as well e.t.c ...ahn ahn! What happiiiiiiiiiiiin! angry undecided
Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Afritop(m): 5:17am On Jul 24, 2014
The warnings include drinking coconut water will make forgetful of everythinG you have in memory and make you a dullard.

2 Likes

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Opiosko: 5:17am On Jul 24, 2014
Never liked it, guess it was cos they use to use it to wash ma head when i was little. angry

1 Like

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by sammieguze(m): 5:19am On Jul 24, 2014
It cures you of bedwetting cheesy
Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by bunmioguns(m): 5:21am On Jul 24, 2014
no big deal... I do drink it too... tongue
Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by iluvweed(m): 5:23am On Jul 24, 2014
HELPS QUITTING WEED........... undecided
Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Aromas: 5:26am On Jul 24, 2014
sammieguze: It cures you of bedwetting cheesy
Na layi, it causes bedwetting.
Na weytin den tell me be dat ooo,

1 Like

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Edwardhead(m): 5:42am On Jul 24, 2014
i was once told that if you drink, you'll become dullard...

i drank it one day and since then i've been able to make fp on nl

not funny

3 Likes

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Smartlux(m): 5:43am On Jul 24, 2014
drinking coconut water...... From sambisa forest grin

1 Like

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Nobody: 5:52am On Jul 24, 2014
It makes u olodo
Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Sirniyeh(m): 6:09am On Jul 24, 2014
Coconut water is a natural blessing to the newborn babies!

All my four children were fed with coconut water only for their first two weeks befre breast milk.

My wife'e nature is that, her breast will not produce milk immediately she delivers baby until two weeks later.

So I fed the babies with only coconutwater. After two months, I mix with honey. My baby never sick because their immunity very strong.

Coconut water is very very good. Remove the myth attaches to it by the numskulls

14 Likes

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Exponental(m): 6:10am On Jul 24, 2014
Only d Mighty hands of God can put water into coconut. God is not evil, His mercies endureth forever. All what He has made is good and for the benefit of mankind.
I drink it alot cos His works are for my benefits.

8 Likes

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Adeniyi077(m): 6:13am On Jul 24, 2014
Cool!
For men who keep wondering why they abruptly turned the 3-mins type , use the water to boil a few bitter leaves. The rest is...

1 Like

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Mzjhulz(f): 6:25am On Jul 24, 2014
It makes u forget things easily
Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by digger791: 6:38am On Jul 24, 2014
Coconut water is deposited in d endosphere dat is d white meaty layer of a coconut seed through vascular tract dat allows movement of water and nutrient so as a result contain useful ions for d brain , fact dat d way d natural water gets into d seedwater is unexplainable is lie buh because d process is a long occuring one may people believe it just got there instantly , hell no , is a known fact dat after d rain water it is categorise as second most clean natural occurin water , I dnt take it too because every rumourusually has an iota of truth , buh av u come to thin about it dat when u eat a cocont u ve also taken d water because d fleshy meaty white part is membraneous an it absorb water d case is more promounced if u take a very mature coconut which happens to have a little water is either d water is been absorbed by d white part or little has transpired away which happen to make it sweeter dear fam enjoy ur cocoi water dnt u c peps take it on d beach with straw happy as ever re dey dull? Na naija superstition
Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 24, 2014
It doesn't make anyone dull jor, in our house, the one where I grew up, we had coconut trees in L shape in a single file around the back and side of the house....for beautification.
I was supposed to be butty o, but I nor just gree. To the chagrin of my parents, I taught myself how to pluck coconuts, and remove them from their covering wit kitchen knife......taught myself how to make coconut candy wit sugar or honey.
Unripe coconut has a very soft core, like a pulp. As the coconut ripens, its core gets harder.....the water left behind from the pulp in its hardening process is what you see in the coconut and know as coconut water.

4 Likes

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by pragmatistm(m): 7:07am On Jul 24, 2014
It contains many nutrients. Good for your body.

Check these info on it:

www.nutrition-and-you.com/coconut-water.html

www.healthplus24.com/coconut-water
Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by ichidodo: 7:07am On Jul 24, 2014
Why does it taste like piss?
Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 24, 2014
"If you drink coconut water, you will be dull"- that was how they deprived me of that sweet liquid.

2 Likes

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by youngice(m): 7:24am On Jul 24, 2014
women they use sm wash puna
Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by kalimera101: 7:27am On Jul 24, 2014
Chuukwudi: Coconut water contains a rich chemical compound called adenosine triphosphate. According to my HPE teacher, It's responsible for producing energy in the body.

I remember one Jackie Chan film I watched a very long time ago, it's titled 'Armour of God', Jackie Chan administered coconut liquor in form of a drip on an unconscious man for rejuvenation and it worked.

Sometime ago, during my primary school period too, I was given an injection during immunisation in my state, It was later rumoured that the injections were expired. The injection kept me bedridden, it was extremely painful.
All my lovely brother did was to call me to the backyard, gave me black charcoals for dinner, and gave me around 8 coconuts to sip its water. I got filled, It was my dinner.

Coconut water is good for everyone.

God is great! Botanists, How did the water enter inside that hard shelled cover in the first place?
Sorry sir, the title of that movie is not Armour Of God, it's
'who am I?

1 Like

Re: Coconut Water, Your Misconceptions? by willorie(f): 8:01am On Jul 24, 2014
insignificant misconceptions! Mtcheeeeee

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ways Nigerians Eat Rice / What Is The Best Alternative To Stew / How Much Is A Bottle Of Andre Wine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.