Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,025 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers (13921 Views)

Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years / Pictures Of Ongoing Night Construction In Aba And Other Road Projects / Residents Chase David Mark's Contractor Handling Road Projects Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by bloodykiller: 7:33am On Jul 23, 2014
Clerverly: My Mentor On Point! A Trailblazer In Leadership!

Keep Waxing Stronger, Na Chineke Kwughi Na Azu!

The Great Destroyer Of Shepopotamus and Jonathan ! Carry go jare!

otu nne gi

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by Project400: 7:37am On Jul 23, 2014
Nice development
Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 23, 2014
Yeye governor buys motor that checks road and yeye followers like cleverly are applauding as if he changed Rivers into Dubai.

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 23, 2014
And how much billions has been budgeted to take care of these roads monitors ?

Amaechi needs to take a drive on Akwa Ibom State roads constructed by Julius Berger and CECC; these are reputable tested and trusted firms with case studies all over the country. What does he expect when he gives pseudo-direct labour contracts to individual contractors just to make sure he has 'engunje' from back hand. In Rivers, just as in Imo State, contracts are awarded as conduit for corruption and money laundering not truly for the sake of vehicular utilization.

Any Governor who truly wants to embark on Road projects know the internationally rated construction companies to call, not some quack contractors in the name of local content, which will require extra budgetary allocation for nonsense road monitors. Roads are not moi-moi experiments.

Its a fat shame that this lunatic in government house keeps creating new avenues to steal while creating an illusion that he is working.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by Pvin: 7:54am On Jul 23, 2014
Will the operator of this automated monitoring device be made immune to collecting bribe/corruption.

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by ceemere: 7:58am On Jul 23, 2014
[quote a undecideduthor=padeolu]If only GEJ can have half Amaechi's brain [/quote]see dem, Boko H agents. God help Una. My dear, u can't eat ur self, those so called contracts and contractors ar their people, so do u think they'll possibly wanna open up their belly?? Hell no. Look at the bigger picture, those devices ar for something else. Use ur head
Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by MadCow1: 8:08am On Jul 23, 2014
I will join Politics the day I can get the opportunity to meet Amaechi 1 on 1.

I will beg him to be my Mentor, kneel and kiss his bigass ring as a sign of my Loyalty.

No other Governor since Ada George and Diete-Spiff has Loved Rivers State the way this man does. He has a Vision and those who are not hungry and looking for government handouts can see his works.

SAI Amaechi..

#If you come up against Jonathan for President, I will vote you.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by padeolu: 8:09am On Jul 23, 2014
ceemere: see dem, Boko H agents. God help Una. My dear, u can't eat ur self, those so called contracts and contractors ar their people, so do u think they'll possibly wanna open up their belly?? Hell no. Look at the bigger picture, those devices ar for something else. Use ur head
what is this one saying?
Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by MadCow1: 8:12am On Jul 23, 2014
Billyonaire: And how much billions has been budgeted to take care of these roads monitors ?

Amaechi needs to take a drive on Akwa Ibom State roads constructed by Julius Berger and CECC; these are reputable tested and trusted firms with case studies all over the country. What does he expect when he gives pseudo-direct labour contracts to individual contractors just to make sure he has 'engunje' from back hand. In Rivers, just as in Imo State, contracts are awarded as conduit for corruption and money laundering not truly for the sake of vehicular utilization.

Any Governor who truly wants to embark on Road projects know the internationally rated construction companies to call, not some quack contractors in the name of local content, which will require extra budgetary allocation for nonsense road monitors. Roads are not moi-moi experiments.

Its a fat shame that this lunatic in government house keeps creating new avenues to steal while creating an illusion that he is working.

You need to understand what happened between Rivers State Government and Julius Berger.

1. Julius left Rivers State after they were being kidnapped by the dozen.

2. Julius Berger was highly over-pricing road contracts.

Its easy for Akwa Ibom State governor to use Julius berger for their raods. Reason being that Uyo is barely a populated Urban City and thus the amount of monies paid by Akwa Ibom State government in compensation isnt really that much.

Amaechi rather uses Setraco & RCC (His preferred Contractors) who build same quality of roads as Julius but for less cost.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by jodeci(m): 8:22am On Jul 23, 2014
MadCow1:

You need to understand what happened between Rivers State Government and Julius Berger.

1. Julius left Rivers State after they were being kidnapped by the dozen.

2. Julius Berger was highly over-pricing road contracts.

Its easy for Akwa Ibom State governor to use Julius berger for their raods. Reason being that Uyo is barely a populated Urban City and thus the amount of monies paid by Akwa Ibom State government in compensation isnt really that much.

Amaechi rather uses Setraco & RCC (His preferred Contractors) who build same quality of roads as Julius but for less cost.

He also uses MCC and LCC but of all,MCC does bad quality job.

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by sexybol(m): 8:23am On Jul 23, 2014
tonyot: How will this monitoring device ascertain or discover deadldy potholes say 50km from the spot it was driven?
SMH!

Oga do you need a device to show you potholes? thats why its is called pothole! The machine is used to measure the reliability and strenght of roads not count potholes.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by biomedixexcel(m): 8:28am On Jul 23, 2014
Good development!
Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by ojimbo(m): 8:28am On Jul 23, 2014
gov obiano take note. Thats all i can say for now
Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by lawrenzez(m): 8:37am On Jul 23, 2014
Smartsyn: hmm cool.

But no be person go man nam, stuff the person with some millions and he ll alter the readings sharply .

You don't know Nigerians yet.
u're actually right, anything programmed can be altered or bedeviled with virus so as to lose it's authenticity grin, buh for real dats a idea from d govy cus it will put pressure on d contractors, so even if they were to be fraudulent there will b an atom of genuineness in dia works other than being absolutely careless n callous.
Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by basty: 8:48am On Jul 23, 2014
If na dis manchine go reduce my egunje from contractors, I go spoil am.
Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by MadCow1: 9:04am On Jul 23, 2014
jodeci:

He also uses MCC and LCC but of all,MCC does bad quality job.

MCC indeed is the worst..

Example is the Stadium road (Elekahia) plase they built.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by tonyot(m): 9:06am On Jul 23, 2014
sexybol:

Oga do you need a device to show you potholes? thats why its is called pothole! The machine is used to measure the reliability and strenght of roads not count potholes.
That was an analogy. Maybe, it wasnt the right to use in buttressing my points. Regardless, How do u measure reliability and strength of a spot from another spot?
Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by zicky(m): 9:17am On Jul 23, 2014
fashrola: STFU if u don't live in PH, what is he doing? no single traffic lights working in PH, 80% of roads in Rivers State is in dilapidated state, no proper town planning, the so called monorail project is nothing to write home about (failed project), owing TIMA RIV 6months salary, owing teachers almost 5months salary, same goes for primary health workers, so next time ask PH residents about the current status of PH before posting anything about Ameachi
mbecile Ameachi is working kill yourself wike slave, 80% of roads are bad bloody liar. Since na only you be PH resident begin mention the roads

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by Bergs(m): 9:31am On Jul 23, 2014
waste of resources.... mtcheeeewwww

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by fujirice: 9:43am On Jul 23, 2014
padeolu: If only GEJ can have half Amaechi's brain
You people should stop this unnecessary bickerings.... Ah ah!
Y is it that we are the ones carrying their matter for head like dreadlocks?
What I know is that both GEJ and Amaechi are the same! Don't be surprised to find out tomorrow that both still dine on the same table even as I type this.
Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by GreenBobo: 9:54am On Jul 23, 2014
Hope ARAN can be calibrated (locally!)..

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by leshluap(m): 9:56am On Jul 23, 2014
I swear na nigeria roads go spoil d machine.

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by GreenBobo: 10:01am On Jul 23, 2014
Irrespective of How much you choose to diss politician 'a' and How much love you choose to show for politician 'b'... it doesn't change the fact that politicians don't have permanent enemies amongst themselves... when the time comes, they'll dance,dine n wine together! They are all the same! stop falling for their cheap propaganda!
Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by padeolu: 10:03am On Jul 23, 2014
fujirice:
You people should stop this unnecessary bickerings.... Ah ah!
Y is it that we are the ones carrying their matter for head like dreadlocks?
What I know is that both GEJ and Amaechechi are the same! Don't be surprised to know that both dine on the same table even as I type this.
yes, I won't be surprised if they both wine and dine on thesame table. But that still doesn't dispute the fact that one is "completely clueless" while the other is "trying".
Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by anonimi: 10:05am On Jul 23, 2014
Some of our leaders are really SENSELESS in their bid to impress their CLUELESS MUGU fellow compatriots.

Why buy a complex equipment for which you do not have MANY trained technicians in your society to MAINTAIN

Meanwhile there is rampant youth UNEMPLOYMENT among engineering graduates who can physically do the job just as well and get paid a FRACTION of the cost of this INAPPROPRIATE machine shocked

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by naturefellow(m): 10:17am On Jul 23, 2014
This is quite pointless. I was expecting to see a more portable machinery, and not a vehicle as heavy as a bullion van.
I just hope that the cost of procurement isn't as high as the cost of the construction itself. Because special vehicles as these require special manning and regular maintenance to keep it functioning properly. Again, I wonder what fate befalls the vehicles after the project is completed.

1 Like

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 23, 2014
Kudos to Amaechi, one of the most performing governors in Nigeria
Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by gistmelove(m): 10:52am On Jul 23, 2014
PRICE LIST FOR STONE COATED STEP TILE ROOFING SHEET

1 SOUTH KOREA STONE COATED STEP TILE ROOFING SHEET N2000 PER SQUARE METER. We have different colours in stock (red, black, green and brown)

2. D.S KOREA STONE COATED ROOFING TILE FOR #2,400 PER SQ..

3 SHINGLES ROOFING SHEET GOING FOR =N=2700 PER SQUARE METER,

BENEFITS OF STONE COATED STEP TILE BATLAN TILES OVER OTHER ROOFING SHEET

DURABLE = Stone coated step tile roofing sheet are very durable and has about 50years companies guarantee,, that’s really a value for price

ABSORBS RADIATION = Stone coated step tile metro tiles has great ability of absorbing the ultraviolent rays of the sun that emits radiation, many roofing sheet can do that..

ABSORBES HEAT = Stone coated roofing sheet has a very great ability of absorbing heat, and this reduces the amount of heat that enters the building,, Many roofing sheet cant reduce heat.

FULLY FIRE RESISTANT = Coated roofing sheet is fully resistant to fire, heat, water and harsh whether condition. It’s truly the best

VERY ATTRACTIVE = When you see a building coated with stone coated metro tile, you would know that there is a difference between (ROOFING SHEET) and the (STONE COATED STEPTILE ROOFING SHEET)

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON

DON’T FORGET (WE KEEP OUR WORD)

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL MR AYYUB ON 08085310359

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by Decibel: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2014
Clerverly:

Shut it!
You are a pathetic fellow, she made a salient point instead of you to counter it with facts rather than resorting to abuse angry

2 Likes

Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by Mekyno(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2014
Nice political move.....y havn't he done dis since he came into governace till now his abt to leave seat?
I think akwa ibom state has being using dis since 2010
Re: Governor Amaechi Unveils Automated Monitoring Device For Road Projects In Rivers by OPUBO7(m): 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
fashrola: STFU if u don't live in PH, what is he doing? no single traffic lights working in PH, 80% of roads in Rivers State is in dilapidated state, no proper town planning, the so called monorail project is nothing to write home about (failed project), owing TIMA RIV 6months salary, owing teachers almost 5months salary, same goes for primary health workers, so next time ask PH residents about the current status of PH before posting anything about Ameachi
. idiot if abuja street light day work our IG of police for go control traffic na rivers state u one disturb our wonderful Governor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja Indigenes Sue Jonathan Over Exclusion From New Ministerial List / Minimum Wage: Ngige, SGF Mustapha To Meet Buhari On Fresh Deal / Reps To FG: Release N3bn For Local Production Of Firearms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.