Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School (33601 Views)

Seun Kuti Shares Photos Of His Daughter On Her First Day Of School / Why I Dropped Out Of School - 2face Finally Reveals / 15 Notable People Who Dropped Out Of School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by josite: 11:16am On Jul 23, 2014
baby why not go ahead and drop out of school and down the years u will smell ur own ass when poverty hits ur life
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Donmichaelz(m): 11:18am On Jul 23, 2014
bill gates -left school founded Microsoft
Steve jobs - left school founded apple
mark zukenberg -left school founded Facebook

ME- left school found poverty

in as much as this story is inspiring the op forgot to put their country....... welcome to the other side of earth .which is not USA
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by hayoakins(m): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2014
How many of them are NIGERIANS from the middle and lower class?

Our economy will destroy you if you dare downgrade EDUCATION.

I almost dropped out of school in 2007 after reading RICH DAD and POOR DAD but the question that helped me regained my senses was "Is there any correlation between these guys economy and ours?"

EDUCATION in AFRICA is a meal ticket while entrepreneurial skill builds the empire, however; In Africa, entrepreneurial skill will suffer a great deal if not backed up with SOUND EDUCATION

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by popson1st: 11:32am On Jul 23, 2014
For the fact these pple dropped out of school doesnt mean you should also drop out. Infact you go wretched pass church rat..

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by ceetowl: 11:34am On Jul 23, 2014
And from what i have seen, the most richest in nigeria today are not always the most educated.so whats the score.the bottom line is develop your self foot let this environment limit you.assuming you are in the advence country you would have know more about what you can do and you will get the courage.human use minute percent of their brain there are still more to be done. Its in you
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by allgoodlight(m): 11:36am On Jul 23, 2014
rozayx5:

go and preach this in the SE cheesy cheesy
they will use dollar and flog your mouth
True fact some igbo's are drop-out and some nigerian's too yet they made themselves millionaires it is very applicable in nigeria go to computer village,alaba,ladipo etc they will tell am a drop out and they will show you the dollar even some never use their certificate just as many bloggers today knowledge is only power if you can apply it and study course that is applicable to modern situation,many nigerian university housed alot of unapplicable courses with theoritical overtone how will unemployment not common in our society.Which certificate those who wrote our first school and university textbook acquire or is it certificate that made otedola,dankote,adenuga,jim ovie billionaires is their business innovative mind with little or no certificate backing.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by johnson64(m): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2014
Why is this thrend up and running!!!! Are u encouraging our youth to drop outta School undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by danbrowndmf(m): 11:53am On Jul 23, 2014
priscaoge: They were determined to be successful because they have set a goal which must be achieved not only through education but through other means! When U are determined,u will make it. Where u are today doesn't matter,what matters is where u will be tomorrow because Determination leads to Success!!!!!!!

May God bless my hustle,double my income n reduce my stress #Amen!
what a brilliant wrt up frm a lady!

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by SirRomeo: 11:53am On Jul 23, 2014
am very sure the writer is not trying to encourage ppl into dropping out of sch but those that are less privileged to drop out or didn't even attend sch not to give up. thanks

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by priscaoge(f): 11:56am On Jul 23, 2014
danbrowndmf: what a brilliant wrt up frm a lady!
Thanks!!!
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 23, 2014
jericco1:

yes most people that have the degrees acquired it through different means right? --well better mix education with experience .

Experience is education.

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by allanphash7(m): 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
lol
plainmirror: D list is not complete without ..... A shoeless AsoRokc occupant and his michellin wyf dat feed on airegin money daily with millions of #.

Disclaimer: i no call person name
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by mediachirps(m): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
I don't understand these claims and it purpose to modern world, so we should forget college or what? We've hard these stories for long.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by jericco1(m): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
hifaif:

Experience is education.
ok
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by BoyCoyToy(m): 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
Smartsyn: Wow..

Dropout of school in Nigeria at your own detriment.

Unless your dream is being a musician and you've seen the light when in school, like Phyno and Wizkid..

But if na you wan develop a program like most people in the post above, you're OYO.

Boss what do you mean?

In Nigeria graduates are Jobless, Our billionaires are not rich because they have Certificates, but because of their innovations.

If I may ask what's the use of Formal Education? If you know what you're good at you don't need to have "Kpali" before achieving your dreams.

Wole Soyinka does not quarter of Dangote's money.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by efeambrose: 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
inspiring write up,but I don't mean youth should think of droping out if school oh.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by efeambrose: 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
BoyCoyToy:

Boss what do you mean?

In Nigeria graduates are Jobless, Our billionaires are not rich because they have Certificates, but because of their innovations.

If I may ask what's the use of Formal Education? If you know what you're good at you don't need to have "Kpali" before achieving your dreams.

Wole Soyinka does not quarter of Dangote's money.

money don't equal success bro.Prof. is successful with enough to leave a comfortable life.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
mediachirps: I don't understand these claims and it purpose to modern world, so we should forget college or what? We've hard these stories for long.

No one is asking you to drop out of school. The OP is directed at everyone to pursue their dreams irrespective of qualifications or a lack of it. And what do you mean by modern world? Isn't Microsoft a part of the modern world or is Facebook or CNN a part of the ancient world? Almost all the stuffs we study in school are works of people who either didn't go to school or dropped out of school. Examples are Einstein, Shakespeare, George Bernard Shaw, e.t.c.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by 2324xclusive: 12:51pm On Jul 23, 2014
[img]http://4.bp..com/-miHNOe241G0/U89eqUn6VCI/AAAAAAAABVo/gdY5vnuOPH0/s1600/2.jpg[/img]

ANOTHER BILLIONAIRE'S DUATHER JUST GRAUADUATE FROM KINGS COLLECGE, LONDON

SOURCE

Ruhbiee: 10. David Geffen
Unlike most self-made billionaires who left
college to start a successful business right
away, David Geffen's road was a bit rockier.
He graduated from high school barely
passing with a 66 percent average. After
attending three semesters at the University
of Texas in Austin and enrolling in the
Brooklyn College only to drop out again, he
went on to work for ten years in the
entertainment business before founding
Asylum Records in the 1970′s. In 1980 he
started Geffen Records, and in 1990 DGC
Records. With a current net worth of $5.5
billion, David Geffen is now one of the three
co-founders of DreamWorks SKG. kissUnlike most self-made billionaires who left
college to start a successful business right
away, David Geffen's road was a bit rockier.
He graduated from high school barely
passing with a 66 percent average. After
attending three semesters at the University
of Texas in Austin and enrolling in the
Brooklyn College only to drop out again, he
went on to work for ten years in the
entertainment business before founding
Asylum Records in the 1970′s. In 1980 he
started Geffen Records, and in 1990 DGC
Records. With a current net worth of $5.5
billion, David Geffen is now one of the three
co-founders of DreamWorks SKG.

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by ludot(m): 1:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
You are yet to start out on a vision or an idea and you are thinking of dropping out of school? You failure in life will not get part 2.

If you don't have an idea that can the world, please I take your mama head beg you, STAY IN SCHOOL!!!

All these billionaires dropped out of school because they would rather spend their times pursuing their dreams than being in class. If you don't have a workable idea and you dropout peren...OYO is ur case o!
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by BoyCoyToy(m): 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
The message in that post is that you can still make it without education. Take a look at Cletus Ibeto, he's a Nigerian.

School is very important, but making it is not through school alone.

Another thing you need to note in that post is that most of these people mentioned are inventors. Know what you are doing either in School or out of School.

And the last thing to note is that they all have basic education (Primary & Secondary).

Thanks

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Abee79(m): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
Actually, school (formal education) is overrated. Most of the basic survival skills (in my profession) that I now posses were learnt outside the classroom, on the streets, the hard way!

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Urine: 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
7 out of the 8 people you mentioned, dropped out while having a valuable skill; programming. Without a degree computer programming can put food on your table. If you want to drop out of school, please get a valuable skill first.

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Orinameh: 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
GentleMimi: Some silly peeps fail to get the story or the moral of the story.
Your life limitations should not limit your goal and vision. Education is not a gaurantee for success,its just the oil to make the journey to success smoother and easier.
Rely not upon the things/situation around you to define your destiny.
My prayer be say Baba God go carry me go higher level wey pass my qualification and skill. Grace combined with personal doggedness is unbeatable.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Orinameh: 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2014
One thing we fail to understand is that schooling is not education. These guys might not be schooled to a larger extent but I bet you, they are well educated. I doubt if some people read more than them on a daily basis
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Jovie: 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
Now we need the list of 10 Nigerian university dropouts who became billionaires smiley
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Orikinla(m): 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
99% of Nigerian billionaires did not even attend university.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by egbaguy: 1:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
seun osewa
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by claremont(m): 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2014
It has been proven from various sociological studies that a good formal education and adequate exposure are the key ingredients of a successful career. The fact that a few people seem to go against this trend is not enough reason to justify not getting educated.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by InvertedHammer: 2:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
/

One glaring fact: THEY DROPPED OUT IN THE 70's.

This is 2014. Don't even try it..

\

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eucharia Anunobi And Monalisa Chinda At Project Tourism Launch In Abuja / Adesua Etomi Looks Shades Of Beauty In New Photos / Olajumoke Orisaguna Celebrates New Year Day In The Slums To Feed The Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.