Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School (33615 Views)

Seun Kuti Shares Photos Of His Daughter On Her First Day Of School / Why I Dropped Out Of School - 2face Finally Reveals / 15 Notable People Who Dropped Out Of School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
Urine: 7 out of the 8 people you mentioned, dropped out while having a valuable skill; programming. Without a degree computer programming can put food on your table. If you want to drop out of school, please get a valuable skill first.

Some billionaires are not even mentioned here. Some were illiterates like Mary Kay. She never got your so-called valuable skills before she became a billionaire.

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
Donmichaelz: bill gates -left school founded Microsoft
Steve jobs - left school founded apple
mark zukenberg -left school founded Facebook

ME- left school found poverty

in as much as this story is inspiring the op forgot to put their country....... welcome to the other side of earth .which is not USA

Lol. If you know how to go about it, you might become a billionaire. Go to Alaba, some of those marketers there don't even know how a university looks like but they are very loaded.

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by vince4pal: 2:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
1money: Interesting. Not applicable in Nigeria,na certificate dey reign here.
Ask igbo boys serving oga
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Johnsondydx(m): 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
I don 4get wetin i wan type self
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by hisableplc(m): 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
rozayx5:

meaningless
like my dad said a degree is a meal ticket, if you wanna make billions or millions the business side of you must be at work

Am on this PAGE i dropped off school cos of FOREX and I`m gonna shock d world.....

2 Likes

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Appswheel(m): 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
How many billionaires are there in the world? over 1000 i guess, so if 10 are drop outs, how about those who are not dropouts. My advise: It is important to be educated. But most importantly, is to apply those things learnt. You do not have to be a drop out to be a billionaire, so do not think of dropping out of school. If you are already out of school, it is not a limitation to the heights you can reach. Apply the knowledge you have to the things you have passion for, look for a problem faced by society and find a creative solution to it...... na wetin come my mind to yan be this...

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by macjireh: 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
rozayx5:

meaningless
like my dad said a degree is a meal ticket, if you wanna make billions or millions the business side of you must be at work

1000000 Likes
u too make sense
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by macjireh: 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
rozayx5:

meaningless
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by 123gist(m): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
I was born intelligent but education ruined me! #hustler_to_the_core
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Sethuncahier(m): 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2014
natureblack: Am still trying to figure out the point OP is driving at ,but whatever reason it is please always have it in mind that 'knowledge is power'
Knowledge is not power BUT the application of the knowledge is POWER...se finis
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Sethuncahier(m): 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
This piece is a Wonderful Motivational we got to learnt from. Everyone has got his or her own God-given talent BUT your inability to imagine that skill in a GREAT SUCCESSFUL PICTURE is nothing. Find your Skill, Set goals to achieving that a successful Career through that skill or talent, Get yourself to work hard,persist,don't give up no matter the challenges...THEN you're on your way to become like GREAT MEN and BILLIONAIRES...
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
priscaoge: They were determined to be successful because they have set a goal which must be achieved not only through education but through other means! When U are determined,u will make it. Where u are today doesn't matter,what matters is where u will be tomorrow because Determination leads to Success!!!!!!!

May God bless my hustle,double my income n reduce my stress #Amen!
Amen n amen

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Dcmg(m): 8:11pm On Jul 23, 2014
Donmichaelz: bill gates -left school founded Microsoft
Steve jobs - left school founded apple
mark zukenberg -left school founded Facebook

ME- left school found poverty

in as much as this story is inspiring the op forgot to put their country....... welcome to the other side of earth .which is not USA
Bode Akindele{Modandola Group}This one did not even attend higher institution
Vincent Obianodo{young shall grow motors}largest transport co in 9ja
Tony Ezenna{Orange drugs}
Innocent Chukwuma{Innoson Group}
Cletus Ibeto{Ibeto Group}
Cosmos Maduka{coscharis group}primary school drop out
Rasaq Okoya{Eleganza Group}Did not attend uni
Femi Otedola{Forte oil,seaforce}
Don Jazzy{Mavin Record}
Abeg all this guys,them from togo?
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by udswagz: 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
who says education is a guarantee for success in this country ?
Do you have any idea how many university graduates are unemployed ?
Even that guy across your street that graduate 2 years ago has not gotten
a job. whats the point ?
the best thing you can do for yourself is to develop your skills.
and focus on building them while you are still in school.
Frankly Nigerian education is one big joke, and there is no promise afterwards.
I focused more on my building my programming skills while in school
and after one year of graduating (have not served, fucking school ppl)
I am running a web and mobile application development agency,
doing really fine and just got a new laptop.
Please guys build your skill, the educational promise is false.

If you really have to design a website, develop a web application or mobile application
just visit www.udonline.net
and i will help bring your idea to reality.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Mimee1(f): 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2014
The one thing i noticed is that they all have connection with the computer,logically computer's could fetch cool money..IMO
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by coldfury: 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
Superstar007:

60 billion people on earth? shocked
Please where did you get your statistics from? grin grin

Assumption bro... assumption angry
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Superstar007(m): 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
coldfury:

Assumption bro... assumption angry

Okay. There a currently about 8 billlion people on earth. smiley
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by coldfury: 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
Superstar007:

Okay. There a currently about 8 billlion people on earth. smiley

Kai... America Don bomb people finish! angry

Thanks for the correction.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Elxandre(m): 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
Mimee1: The one thing i noticed is that they all have connection with the computer,logically computer's could fetch cool money..IMO
Data connection is insanely expensive in Nigeria.
An aspiring but broke young web entrepreneur, will quickly get into trouble with the un affordable data plans.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by DonMekino(m): 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
plz dropped out of school in America and dropped out of school in Naija are not exactly the same ooooo.....d Gates family were rich from time immemorial .....and these guys had good high school education ....Nigeria na wasssa education
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by Adebowale3943: 10:29am On Jul 24, 2014
Are you encouraging people to drop out of school?am very sure if they complete there studies they would have gone far than dis...Education is still the best
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by BoyCoyToy(m): 10:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
udswagz: who says education is a guarantee for success in this country ?
Do you have any idea how many university graduates are unemployed ?
Even that guy across your street that graduate 2 years ago has not gotten
a job. whats the point ?
the best thing you can do for yourself is to develop your skills.
and focus on building them while you are still in school.
Frankly Nigerian education is one big joke, and there is no promise afterwards.
I focused more on my building my programming skills while in school
and after one year of graduating (have not served, fucking school ppl)
I am running a web and mobile application development agency,
doing really fine and just got a new laptop.
Please guys build your skill, the educational promise is false.

If you really have to design a website, develop a web application or mobile application
just visit www.udonline.net
and i will help bring your idea to reality.

Boss that's the point but they fail to understand. Am Mathew Timothy McCoy, 21, am a graphic designer am working in my own arts and prints shop. Although its still small cos I just started but with time.....

Am a JambITE and am learning web Programming also (na der money dey now o). When I enter school I'll just continue to grow my company
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by charzyh2: 3:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
Guys, Orji Uzor Kalu was rusticated and he started a profitable business. He became a billionaire and was called to resume but he rejected it.

Rasaq Okoya, owner of Eleganza is a drop out as well.

Stick to what you want from life. Be persistent and be determined.

1 Like

Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by charzyh2: 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
Daffar: I jst dropd out of skul... Xpectin my own BILLION any moment from now.

A Nigerian billionaire who dropped out said 'the hardest work in life is thinking'. If you think it, you can achieve it.
Re: 10 Billionaire Who Dropped Out Of School by charzyh2: 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
sholasholala: Some lazy a** people love topics like this undecided. With the level of lack of seriousness exhibited by students nowadays, articles like this will only give people (young ones especially) reasons not to be serious with their education.
Articles like this is only encouraging to the less privileged. Those who truly cannot afford an education. When you share stories like this with them, at least it gives them hope that despite the fact they never went to school, they can still make it in life.

"I have nothing against education. But at times, education gives people false confidence. It makes people relax, trusting in the power of their certificates rather than in working smart"
-Rosaq Okoya (drop out billionaire owner of Eleganza company).

Tell me what your theory loaded Professors have achieved that this guy is yet to achieve.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cornelius Michael: Photos Of Sexy Nigerian Model / Reno Omokri: No Sympathy For Celebrities Who Go Broke In Old Age / Niyi Johnson Wears Make-Up Like A Woman (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.