Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes (12694 Views)

Emir Sanusi Spotted With Delegates At Kano Airport Enroute Maiduguri. Photos / Bomb Blast At Kano Motorpark Leaves Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Jonathan Pulls massive Crowd At Kano Presidential Rally (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by LMAyedun(m): 6:42am On Jul 23, 2014
Fire service officials averted what could have been a tragedy at the Aminu Kano International Airport last night as they scrambled a response to a sudden fire that caught a fuel tanker feeding a Turkish airlines aircraft, a witness has said.

The tanker was however burnt to ashes while the aircraft, an Airbus 340, which was to airlift passengers from Kano to Istanbul, was partly damaged.

The flight was subsequently cancelled with the passengers, most of whom had arrived the airport, disappointed.

Garba Shehu, the Media Consultant to former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, who was travelling with his family, told PREMIUM TIMES the aircraft was saved from being completely burnt following a quick decision by officials to hurriedly tow it away from the burning truck.

Mr. Shehu said, “The Airbus 340 aircraft which had the burning truck under its wings made a miraculous escape following a decision to tow it away from the fire just in time before the fuel-laden tanker burst into a towering flame.

“The flight taking my family and I, among many other passengers to Istanbul from Kano was cancelled a short while ago following indications that the aircraft, even though not destroyed, was partly damaged on its wing.

“Fire engines at the airport emptied their contents without any serious impact on the raging fire, which burnt without let until it had consumed the oil tanker.”

The cause of the fire remained unknown as officials of the airport and other aviation authorities could not be reached this morning. Officials of Turkish Airlines could also not be reached as at the time of this report.

PREMIUM TIMES recalls that Kaduna airport was temporarily closed on April 20 after fire ravaged the airport’s control tower, completely destroying the facility.

Flights only resumed a day later at the airport after a mobile control tower was brought in from Abuja.

Authorities said at the time that investigations had been commissioned to determine the cause of the fire.

The result of the investigation is yet to be made public.

http://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/165393-fire-at-kano-airport-aircraft-damaged-fuel-tanker-burnt-to-ashes.html?

Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by Firefire(m): 6:46am On Jul 23, 2014
Thank God no life was lost.

People don't value what they have, until they lose it. People should learn to protect opportunity before losing it.

Hope Turkish Airline will not withdraw their aircraft from Kano for lack of adequate operational guidance.

1 Like

Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by YoursGEJ(m): 6:49am On Jul 23, 2014
^^^ guy na wetin now? This first to comment wey I get up early this morning to get na him you just collect from me.

Chei diaris Goduoooo!!

*walks out to find another thread*

6 Likes

Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by BrAkingNews: 6:50am On Jul 23, 2014
We thank God that no one died

I Enjoy Killing People And I Will Kill Again - Sadiq Ogwuche
>>> http://www./entertainment/i-enjoy-killing-people-and-i-will-kill-again-sadiq-ogwuche/
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by BrAkingNews: 6:51am On Jul 23, 2014
YoursGEJ: .
what?
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by fijiano202(m): 6:51am On Jul 23, 2014
Hope peepz are ok
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by igbsam(m): 6:52am On Jul 23, 2014
Na wa o......9ja and katakata...

Something about North

1 Like

Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by Winners72(m): 6:52am On Jul 23, 2014
I know pple will say it GEJ again! Nawa oo
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by Smartsyn(m): 6:52am On Jul 23, 2014
hmmm

I know say na cigar go cause am..

1 Like

Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 23, 2014
Thank God for averted tragedy, we won't hear death news in our families IJN!
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by ichidodo: 6:54am On Jul 23, 2014
Incompetence at its peak.....
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by tbagjames(m): 6:55am On Jul 23, 2014
Someone will come out later and say ''I bought a ticket for that flight but thank God i missed it '' . thank God no casualties

1 Like

Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by nerodenero: 6:55am On Jul 23, 2014
Firefire shocked shocked shocked
Firefire: Thank God no life was lost.

1 Like

Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by tonyot(m): 6:56am On Jul 23, 2014
very soon som1 will blame it on GEJ.
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by nerodenero: 6:56am On Jul 23, 2014
tonyot: very soon som1 will blame it on GEJ.
You guys said so first
Winners72: I know pple will say it GEJ again! Nawa oo
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by bonechamberlain(m): 6:57am On Jul 23, 2014
well since the north has chosen the part of destruction, am not surprised
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by Lakayanah: 6:57am On Jul 23, 2014
May God have mercy on the north and bring back sanity. Too many calamities. I am a southerner but grew up in the north I call the north home. We cannot leave the north in ruins enough is enough.
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by akatonero(m): 6:57am On Jul 23, 2014
I wan see the burnt plane,wey am? grin grin grin grin
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by LMAyedun(m): 6:57am On Jul 23, 2014
Hackerjay: Hmmm...hope no casualty
Don't alwayz rush to comment, read first.
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by plainmirror(m): 6:57am On Jul 23, 2014
I smell lies
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by Firefire(m): 6:58am On Jul 23, 2014
nerodenero: Firefire shocked shocked shocked

watin I do abi you sabi me or na my name dey make you shine your eyes like that ? cheesy
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by yemitexcel(m): 7:00am On Jul 23, 2014
Thank God no life was lost
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by nerodenero: 7:00am On Jul 23, 2014
Talking fire and you are Firefire cheesy grin grin grin
Firefire:
watin I do abi you sabi me or na my name dey make you shine your eyes like that ? cheesy
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by LaurelP(m): 7:00am On Jul 23, 2014
A result of our leaders' cluelessness
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by Firefire(m): 7:02am On Jul 23, 2014
nerodenero: Talking fire and you are Firefire cheesy grin grin grin

chai, dere is god, this Correlation you are making, god will see us grin tongue
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by Winners72(m): 7:02am On Jul 23, 2014
nerodenero: You guys said so first
Lack of proper education with amnesia is ur problem.
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by Alexcollins(m): 7:02am On Jul 23, 2014
Second fire incident in 6months!! I sense sabotage.
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by priscaoge(f): 7:04am On Jul 23, 2014
There is fire on the mountain!
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by Meringe(m): 7:04am On Jul 23, 2014
They will accuse APC.
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by padeolu: 7:04am On Jul 23, 2014
Where is the damaged aircraft?
Re: Fire At Kano Airport; Aircraft Damaged, Fuel Tanker Burnt To Ashes by datguru: 7:05am On Jul 23, 2014
Pictures pls

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rashida Bello, Ibe Kachikwu, Abba Moro, Others At Vivian Lam Book Launch / Garba Shehu: Jonathan’s Govt Tried To Bend Electoral System Against Buhari / FG To Halt Importation Of Petroleum Products By 2018 — Aganga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.