Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,875 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time (4427 Views)

Best Android Action Games Of 2015 You Should Be Playing. / 25 Most Visually Appealing Games Of 2013 / Best Fighting Game Of All Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Flawlessangel(m): 9:17am On Jul 23, 2014
Anyone who owns the ps3 should consider themselves lucky because they know they are in 4 a good time. The ps3 gave us and still gives us alot of great games.
Games that made our jaw drop, games that surpassed the era of the minghty ps2.
Among these games comes the 10 very best games on d console...a must have....so if u havnt played any of these, go get itnow!! here goes.

(10) FIFA 14:
i was contemplating whether to include this here or not, but it would b criminal of me not 2 add the best sports game of this generation in here, fifa is absolutely gorgeous and realistic compared to its riva pes...fifa is obviously the best football and possible the best sports game on the ps3.

(9) BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY
this is the best superhero game of this generation, we get 2 play as batman the dark kinght in an open world, taking out bad guys with cool gadjets and slick combat move....it was a step above arkham asylum which is also a great game.

(cool BIOSHOCK INFINITE:
this game is an example of art in motion....we ar being place in one of the most beautiful aristic world in a video game, with also one of the best stories in a video game....bioshock in top notch and one of the best fps ever made.

(7) ELDER SCROLLS: skyrim
skyrim is an aboslute gorgeous rpg, game with one of the biggest and most lively worlds ever seen in a game....there's so much to do in skyrim more so than most games...u cud put in weeks and even months on this game and still would hav alot to do...in a medieval setting fighting lots of creatures including dragons, how cool is dat?...want d best rpg, get skyrim.

(6) MASS EFFECT 2:
mass effect is one of the most brilliant games ever made, the series takes us across to various worlds...fighting and shooting several cool looking enemies...the gameplay in top notch...and also has some rpg elements in it....this is one action game u just dont wanna miss.

(5) GOD OF WAR 3
everyone who is a real gamer knows who the god killing spartan is, gow series is one of the most epic ,bloodthirsty game u would ever play, and gow3 stands tall among them as kratos battle his was through olympus...slaying poseidon, hades and even zeus...words cannoy describe the epicness of this game , by far the best hack and slash title on the ps3.

(4) UNCHARTED 2: among thieves
unchared series are royalties in the gaming world , loved by all. Hated by little or nobody, besides who could hate d great nathan drake..who gave us one of the most jaw dropping experience on the ps3 with great cinematics and gameplay....one of the best action adventure shooting games of all time.

(3) RED DEAD REDEMPTION
red dead redemption was one of the games that gave me the most wow factor this gen....set in a countryside where u ar a outlaw trying to redem urself by doing the bidding of the government, the gameplay is slick and realistic with an open world so large, u would spend countless hours in it and still not ready 2 stop playing , cos its so addicting...one of the best games ever made.

THE LAST OF US
this is one of the ps3's exclusive games and it turned out to be not just the best exclusive on the ps3 but one of the best games of all time, u are been put in a post apocalyptic world overun by zombies where survival is key... the best survival horror game ever made and also the most awarded game ever....this game gives u a story that is unmatched by almost any other game....this game is filled with so much emotion and makes u care 4 the characters,...it has one of the best if not the best story in a game.

GTA 5
gta 5 , the acclaimed most succesful single game ever with billions of copies sold....this game broke several gaming and non gaming records when it came out....people even killed for this game....that tells u just how addicting and awesome this game is.....u get to play as one of 3 characters exploring one of the most beautiful worlds in a video game...and online play further puts the game ahead of others becos gta5 is one of the few games that gives u that freedom to do anything u hav always wanted to do in real life,....this is a most have 4 those who dont own it yet.

Ladies and gentlemen , there u have it...the 10 best games on the ps3....i dnt expect everyone 2 agree...but this is the closest u can get 2 playing the very best games on the ps3.

1 Like

Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 23, 2014
Is GTA V now available for pc?
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Chuckdee(m): 10:01am On Jul 23, 2014
Absolutely agree with your fantastic list here... However, I would also add:

Metal Gear Solid 4. (the game that brought out the prowess of the PS3 Cell broadband engine CPU)
Uncharted 3 and
Heavy rain which was a very unique and different approach to gaming.

Happy gaming!
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by jenniferzara(f): 10:31am On Jul 23, 2014
I agree with your thought. I am always love to play FIFA... sad sad
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Flawlessangel(m): 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
Chuckdee: Absolutely agree with your fantastic list here... However, I would also add:

Metal Gear Solid 4. (the game that brought out the prowess of the PS3 Cell broadband engine CPU)
Uncharted 3 and

Happy gaming!
yeah those ar very gud games too but remember, only 10 slots ar available...mgs4 and heavy rain shld easily b in d ist 15...and since uncharted 2 > unchared 3 , i decided 2 leave it out.....good game all dsame.
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Flawlessangel(m): 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2014
jenniferzara: I agree with your thought. I am always love to play FIFA... sad sad
jennifer are u truely a lady? If u are then i must say its good 2 see a lady that loves playing soccer games.
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by jenniferzara(f): 10:53am On Jul 24, 2014
Flawlessangel:
jennifer are u truely a lady? If u are then i must say its good 2 see a lady that loves playing soccer games.

I am a true fan of messi. Because of messi only i learned that game..
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Flawlessangel(m): 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
jenniferzara:

I am a true fan of messi. Because of messi only i learned that game..
owk so are u very gud at it? And where do u reside anyway
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by cao(f): 12:38am On Jul 29, 2014
Chuckdee: Absolutely agree with your fantastic list here... However, I would also add:

Uncharted 3 and

Happy gaming!

A big fan of the Uncharted series, but I've gotta agree that Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the best of the original trilogy. Yes, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is amazing to look at, no question. But, can you really top the opening scene of U2, with Drake waking up shot inside a train dangling on the edge of a cliff? U2 improved on all the flaws in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and strengthened the single player mode.
U3 just made everything look pretty and tried to over-sell the multiplayer.

Heavy Rain: As innovating as it was, I kinda forgot about it and still haven't finished. I don't know why I bought Beyond: Two Souls made by the same guys with the same problem - beautiful story, but slightly annoying controls.

Metal Gear Solid, till this day I don't know how I haven't played any of the games. Just need to clear a lot of space for this...it was a freebie for PS+ a month or two ago.
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Flawlessangel(m): 3:03am On Jul 29, 2014
cao:

A big fan of the Uncharted series, but I've gotta agree that Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the best of the original trilogy. Yes, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is amazing to look at, no question. But, can you really top the opening scene of U2, with Drake waking up shot inside a train dangling on the edge of a cliff? U2 improved on all the flaws in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and strengthened the single player mode.
U3 just made everything look pretty and tried to over-sell the multiplayer.

Heavy Rain: As innovating as it was, I kinda forgot about it and still haven't finished. I don't know why I bought Beyond: Two Souls made by the same guys with the same problem - beautiful story, but slightly annoying controls.

Metal Gear Solid, till this day I don't know how I haven't played any of the games. Just need to clear a lot of space for this...it was a freebie for PS+ a month or two ago.
which is ur favourite game of all time? Am guessing kratos is ur favourite character but which is ur fav game series?
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by cao(f): 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
Favourite game? That's a tough one, I never really have any favourite anything - there's too much stuff.
Yes, I'm a big fan of the God of War series, I've played everyone of them except two (Ghost of Sparta and Betrayal).
I enjoy single player action adventure games (Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Max Payne), my aiming sucks though, I'm usually the gal that's doing all the melee moves whenever I attempt Multiplayer. Imagine bringing a fist to a gunfight... shocked grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Flawlessangel(m): 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
cao: Favourite game? That's a tough one, I never really have any favourite anything - there's too much stuff.
Yes, I'm a big fan of the God of War series, I've played everyone of them except two (Ghost of Sparta and Betrayal).
I enjoy single player action adventure games (Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Max Payne), my aiming sucks though, I'm usually the gal that's doing all the melee moves whenever I attempt Multiplayer. Imagine bringing a fist to a gunfight... shocked grin
lolzzz yea i can imagine....i think u like more hack and slash games...just like me, 2bad we have more fps now adays
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by cao(f): 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
Just let me slash the guy in front me into pieces, all these FPSs, I like to see the guy who I'm controlling.
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Flawlessangel(m): 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
cao: Just let me slash the guy in front me into pieces, all these FPSs, I like to see the guy who I'm controlling.
dat makes 2 of us......i recommend these games to u....
(1)Bayonetta ( a must play)
(2)devil may cry reboot
(3)asura's wrath ( the most powerful game character u have seen)
(4) kingdom of amalar
(5) metal gear rising
trust me, u would love these games

1 Like

Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by cao(f): 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
Flawlessangel:
dat makes 2 of us......i recommend these games to u....
(1)Bayonetta ( a must play)
(2)devil may cry reboot
(3)asura's wrath ( the most powerful game character u have seen)
(4) kingdom of amalar
(5) metal gear rising
trust me, u would love these games

Second time I'm hearing Asura's Wrath. I own Bayonetta on the 360, played it a few times, but I haven't touched my 360 in a long time. I'll be playing DMC after I finish Arkham Asylum. I actually have Metal Gear Rising (freebie from PS+ in November), unfortunately I don't have space to download it.
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Flawlessangel(m): 12:43am On Jul 30, 2014
cao:

Second time I'm hearing Asura's Wrath. I own Bayonetta on the 360, played it a few times, but I haven't touched my 360 in a long time. I'll be playing DMC after I finish Arkham Asylum. I actually have Metal Gear Rising (freebie from PS+ in November), unfortunately I don't have space to download it.
asura's wrath is different in a good way,,,the game has u fighting bosses bigger than the planet...and on the final batter , u have 2 fight the creator of the universe...who keeps tossing large suns and planets at u, asura is the most powerful game character av seen in a long time...just try d game and see.
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by cao(f): 12:50am On Jul 30, 2014
Flawlessangel:
asura's wrath is different in a good way,,,the game has u fighting bosses bigger than the planet...and on the final batter , u have 2 fight the creator of the universe...who keeps tossing large suns and planets at u, asura is the most powerful game character av seen in a long time...just try d game and see.

Dude, we fought as Kratos against the Olympian gods & they no longer exist...plus, we battled the Hydra in the first 5 minutes. I'll keep an eye out for it.
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Flawlessangel(m): 12:51am On Jul 30, 2014
cao:

have u played darkisiders 1 and 2?
A story about the four horseman of the apocalypse....war, death, fury and despair...part 1 has u playing as war, one of the four horsmen the apocalypse and darksiders 2 has u playing as death the most feared horsman of the apocalypse...it has a similar gameplay to God of war games, so if u love God of war, u wud love this game.
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Flawlessangel(m): 12:54am On Jul 30, 2014
cao:

Dude, we fought as Kratos against the Olympian gods & they no longer exist...plus, we battled the Hydra in the first 5 minutes. I'll keep an eye out for it.
lol,,,, trust me when i tell u, zeus and the olympian gods are weaklings compared to asura gods......one of the god in asura's wrath has a sword that can cut a moon/planet into two, can zeus do dat? And asura in his final form can destroy a planet with his punches....can kratos do dat? Now u see d powerlevels are quite large
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by cao(f): 1:01am On Jul 30, 2014
Flawlessangel:
have u played darkisiders 1 and 2?
A story about the four horseman of the apocalypse....war, death, fury and despair...part 1 has u playing as war, one of the four horsmen the apocalypse and darksiders 2 has u playing as death the most feared horsman of the apocalypse...it has a similar gameplay to God of war games, so if u love God of war, u wud love this game.

Played them, brilliant games never finished - always getting distracted. Recently got Dante's Inferno 'cause it came as recommendation in a video (in fact it was on the same video talking about Asura's Wrath) & it was cheap. But the fact I've Injustice, The Last of Us & a bunch of other games lying around my room that I haven't played, it might take a while.
I've actually banned myself from buying more video games, except for whenever I can find a cheap copy of Deadpool.
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by cao(f): 1:04am On Jul 30, 2014
Flawlessangel:
lol,,,, trust me when i tell u, zeus and the olympian gods are weaklings compared to asura gods......one of the god in asura's wrath has a sword that can cut a moon/planet into two, can zeus do dat? And asura in his final form can destroy a planet with his punches....can kratos do dat? Now u see d powerlevels are quite large

Ahh...another game I would be proud to die in. I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled for it, even if I have to bump some other game to play.
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by ba7man(m): 9:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
How can you exclude "Gears of wars" and "Burnout" series?? angry
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Flawlessangel(m): 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
ba7man: How can you exclude "Gears of wars" and "Burnout" series?? angry
burnout is not even better than grand turismo..and gears of war? This is ps3.
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by cao(f): 4:33pm On Aug 05, 2014
ba7man: How can you exclude "Gears of wars" and "Burnout" series?? angry

Classic example of one not paying attention. What next - Halo? Mario? Fable?
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by ba7man(m): 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
cao:

Classic example of one not paying attention. What next - Halo? Mario? Fable?
My brain registered only "best games"........ embarassed
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by ba7man(m): 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
Flawlessangel:
burnout is not even better than grand turismo..and gears of war? This is ps3.
when I play a game, I like laughing out loud and having a good time (Burnout)........not all seriousy and focusy(Grand turismo) so its a matter of choice.
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Okaka27(m): 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2014
No Call Of Duty ??
Abomination!!

1 Like

Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 05, 2014
What's God of war doing on that list? No Far Cry3? No NBA2k14(easily the best sport game ever made)
Re: The Ten Best Ps3 Games Of All Time by Flawlessangel(m): 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
Horayce: What's God of war doing on that list? No Far Cry3? No NBA2k14(easily the best sport game ever made)
god of war 3 is the most epic hack and slash game on the ps3, not everything must b shooters...we hav enough shooters on the list already, variety is key.

(1) (Reply)

Nvidia 1gb Graphics Card Card Far Sale / ERROR PSN WS - 37397-9 Displays When Trying To Log In On Ps4 / How Do I Crack FIFA 15 Android To Offline Mode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.