Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community (8261 Views)

Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. / Igbo Deities Across Igboland....give Your Community/town's Own! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 23, 2014
Am from a community were if a married woman is cauth with another man she would be striped naked in front of the whole community.she will also be banned from going to the market or attending any social gatherings while the man.Do u think its fair?

1 Like

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by b3llo(m): 10:40am On Jul 23, 2014
Community: Nairaland
Tradition disliked: First to comment (FTC)

22 Likes

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Obinoscopy(m): 12:40am On Jul 24, 2014
Arobunagu: an ancient diety that keeps demanding for fowl/goat blood angry

3 Likes

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by justi4jesu(f): 5:05am On Jul 24, 2014
@OP yes it is fair angry

1 Like

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by datguru: 5:07am On Jul 24, 2014
I've spent barely 3 weeks in my village, I don't know any tradition there. Sorry to say sad
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by sexylogan(m): 5:08am On Jul 24, 2014
OP, It's wrong for your community to punish the woman and let the man go scott free but then....

Why should a married woman commit adultery in the first place?

3 Likes

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Amuga(f): 5:20am On Jul 24, 2014
What do you hate about a tradition that forbids married women to commit adultery. Where i come from, no one needs to put the searchlight on you to be caught, as soon as you try that you either confess or face the repercusion.
Between not only sleeping with a man, it also applies to collecting money from another man (exclusive of families and relatives) without telling your husband.

1 Like

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by babymama3: 5:21am On Jul 24, 2014
I dislike that we don't have the tradition of men using their wives to do Kola for visitors as is done in some Benue community
Na to target one berra bobo and ask him to visit often grin

Hahahahahahaha

13 Likes

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Aromas: 5:24am On Jul 24, 2014
datguru: I've spent barely 3 weeks in my village, I don't know any tradition there. Sorry to say sad
Eyaaah epele sir!!!!
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Edwardhead(m): 5:35am On Jul 24, 2014
you must not pokenose on what youre not invited

conseq'e: if you do so, i go slap you

1 Like

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by AdeniyiA(m): 5:39am On Jul 24, 2014
complete unclothedness shocked
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Opiosko: 5:43am On Jul 24, 2014
I don't like the tradition that confines kingship to a family or some section of the community. Like seriously, wtf would some people be singled out to be the ruling family/house even when it's obvious that they are not near to the best of mortals?. I think it should be democratised sad

9 Likes

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 24, 2014
babymama3: I dislike that we don't have the tradition of men using their wives to do Kola for visitors as is done in some Benue community
Na to target one berra bobo and ask him to visit often grin

Hahahahahahaha

We can write to your community head and his chiefs to introduce that custom. cheesy

I need to pay you and babypapa multiple visits everyday anytime you hit naija. cheesy..i would be at your compound waiting to be served kola when you land at Nnamdi Azikiwe airport Abuja or MMA Lagos.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Opiosko: 5:54am On Jul 24, 2014
Amuga: What do you hate about a tradition that forbids married women to commit adultery. Where i come from, no one needs to put the searchlight on you to be caught, as soon as you try that you either confess or face the repercusion.
Between not only sleeping with a man, it also applies to collecting money from another man (exclusive of families and relatives) without telling your husband.
Pls can u give some details abt the bolded. I think it's just superstitious scare tactics.

1 Like

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Atmmachine(m): 6:18am On Jul 24, 2014
Young girls dating married men leaving we young guys stranded & frustrated forgetting that those married men will only enjoy the nutrient leaving only the shaf without marrying them, they will later expect us to marry fourth hand wives..

God forbid.. grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by ibedun: 6:20am On Jul 24, 2014
laziness, cowardice, docility, too much partying and merriment
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Atmmachine(m): 6:21am On Jul 24, 2014
There are many nyash openers a.k.a (vaseline movement).

#Homosexuals. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by xynerise: 6:22am On Jul 24, 2014
Eating Ona---A yam-like food, is a taboo.

WTF!! I ate is so many times before I was told. undecided
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Atmmachine(m): 6:23am On Jul 24, 2014
So many married women chasing young boys, the want to taste fresh blood. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Atmmachine(m): 6:25am On Jul 24, 2014
Many konji among the female folk, i got rape.d by 5 married women.. i couldn't walk for two days. cool cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Atmmachine(m): 6:28am On Jul 24, 2014
The girls mastur.bates alot (self service) grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by jemigold: 6:30am On Jul 24, 2014
Where I come from once you are married, you kneel down (digwe) for your husbands family members including the ones you are older than.
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by fnep2smooth(m): 6:34am On Jul 24, 2014
i hate the fact that i can't date or marry from the next compound thats doesn't bear the same surname with me. I have to go to the next community to find babe.
( some people de hide do am ooooo ) but the tin de bring bad luck
¤¤ imagine that ¤¤
Proudly imo state

2 Likes

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Mzjhulz(f): 6:37am On Jul 24, 2014
I dislike d fact that daughters can't inherit their father's properties...

14 Likes

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Amuga(f): 6:38am On Jul 24, 2014
Opiosko: Pls can u give some details abt the bolded. I think it's just superstitious scare tactics.
Exactly what i thought until it happen to my cousin. I 've not being to my village for 13yrs now so i thought as a christain, couple with the fact that we were not raise up there it wont have an effect.
Now concerning the bolded, this is how it works. When a married woman commits adultery, it will not have an effect on her immediately till she have sex with her own husband.
The effects are; she immediately become sick and wont get better no matter the medication given to that individual,
She will also begin to act like someone with a high fever.
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Atmmachine(m): 6:42am On Jul 24, 2014
There too many fowl thieves.. Five of my broiler fowls disappeared yesterday without any trace,though i perceived the flavour of cooked chicken from my neighbour's house..
Sango will kill him.. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

9 Likes

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Atmmachine(m): 6:44am On Jul 24, 2014
Not being able to have sex with 14 years old girls(blood capsule).. Doctor's prescription. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 24, 2014
Tradition is fading. The next generation will not know anything about tradition. I can scarcely tell you what I know about my tradition.
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by shejane: 7:31am On Jul 24, 2014
Amuga: Exactly what i thought until it happen to my cousin. I 've not being to my village for 13yrs now so i thought as a christain, couple with the fact that we were not raise up there it wont have an effect.
Now concerning the bolded, this is how it works. When a married woman commits adultery, it will not have an effect on her immediately till she have sex with her own husband.
The effects are; she immediately become sick and wont get better no matter the medication given to that individual,
She will also begin to act like someone with a high fever.

What part of Nigeria pls
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by shejane: 7:38am On Jul 24, 2014
I hate the way people look down on divorce women or single mothers

Mostly how a man will throw his wife out without nuffn

I belv if a man is tired of d marriage or his wife, he shd leave d house and go not d woman

14 Likes

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by willorie(f): 7:46am On Jul 24, 2014
samflexxy: Am from a community were if a married woman is cauth with another man she would be striped naked in front of the whole community.she will also be banned from going to the market or attending any social gatherings while the man.Do u think its fair?

"woman is (cauth) abi (caught)?" & "while the man does wat"?

jeez! Dude abi chick ur thread's obviously tedious! No offence tho
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by willorie(f): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2014
chinziaski: Tradition is fading. The next generation will not know anything about tradition. I can scarcely tell you what I know about my tradition.

earnestly l like it dat Traditions are fading......l just pray it's fade fast in my own community

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Rude To Speak Your Language Openly In Public? / African American: Ask Me Anything....I Think...lol! / Nri Kingdom (Igbo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.