Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community (8260 Views)

Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. / Igbo Deities Across Igboland....give Your Community/town's Own! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by bashfat9mm: 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
[6:54pm, 7/23/2014] Bashman2082: Pls click like wen u login
[6:54pm, 7/23/2014] Bashman2082: https://m.facebook.com/tourismambassador/photos/a.615062018592100.1073741828.615001271931508/624304781001157/?type=1&lul&_rdr

if u truly luv culture u will not ignore this
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Atmmachine(m): 7:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
ojokojonwanyi:

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

U wish
No, i don't want to experience such thing again.

1 Like

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by spiralwedge(m): 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
Opiosko: I don't like the tradition that confines kingship to a family or some section of the community. Like seriously, wtf would some people be singled out to be the ruling family/house even when it's obvious that they are not near to the best of mortals?. I think it should be democratised sad

I will pass your message to England and other European and Arabic kingdoms
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by mabeni(m): 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
Amuga: What do you hate about a tradition that forbids married women to commit adultery. Where i come from, no one needs to put the searchlight on you to be caught, as soon as you try that you either confess or face the repercusion.
Between not only sleeping with a man, it also applies to collecting money from another man (exclusive of families and relatives) without telling your husband.
are u an igala?
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by hamilton62(m): 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
datguru: I've spent barely 3 weeks in my village, I don't know any tradition there. Sorry to say sad
Then what proves you are from there and what will your kids learn from you to tell about their inherited tradition... Sorry but I have to say the truth, this is why morales are in decay and many invites some negative forces against them when they think that there's nothing like tradition.
You truly need to learn because your ignorance will make you prone to defaults.
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by hamilton62(m): 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
It's too fair... The lady should be happy the elders didn't send her back with her bride price to her place of birth.
Even in this the bible supports you and legally it's adhered to.
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Amuga(f): 9:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
mabeni: are u an igala?
yea
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Damiruth: 9:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by tracyfemmmm: 10:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
Reduction of bride price to almost nothing.
Women are not commodities to be bought and sold to the highest bidder

1 Like

Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by mabeni(m): 12:09am On Jul 27, 2014
Amuga: yea
wow! which part of an igala re you from? Am an igala too
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by Amuga(f): 7:33am On Jul 27, 2014
mabeni: wow! which part of an igala re you from? Am an igala too
Omala LG. Abejukolo ife
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by mabeni(m): 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
Amuga: Omala LG. Abejukolo ife
wow! I stil cant blv dis. Omala of all? i 'm frm olamboro Lg. Add me on "whatsapp 07033642452 " or ....
Re: What Particular Tradition Do You Dislike In Your Community by mabeni(m): 4:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
mabeni: wow! I stil cant blv dis. Omala of all? i 'm frm olamboro Lg. Add me on "whatsapp 07033642452 " or ....
and it's nice meeting u, Sis!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Rude To Speak Your Language Openly In Public? / African American: Ask Me Anything....I Think...lol! / Nri Kingdom (Igbo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.