Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen (1425 Views)

Oby Ezekweseli Rude And Shouting At Attorney General Yesterday-video / Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili / Oby Ezekweseli Reacts To Recent Bombing In Gombe And Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by EliteYouth: 9:51am On Jul 23, 2014
At what point did Oby tweet she was being detained? For how long did DSS hold on to her passport, 5,10,15 mins, does anybody know? I have gone through Oby's tweets, what i discovered collaborate the title of this piece 'rabble rousing'......

Now let's analyse, her first tweet 8:37am "IS THIS A DEMOCRACY? I am being detained by the SSS @ Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport . The SSS has REFUSED to GIVE MY PASSPORT TO ME."........

2nd tweet 8:41 "On my way to London this morning for my @BBCHARDtalk appearance billed for TOMORROW and the SSS has DETAINED me by WITHHOLDING my PASSPORT."...........

3rd 9:03am "SSS has RELEASED IT. Just barely made the BA flight. Last to board @ 7.55 for an 8.00 am flight that is now taxiing. IS THIS A DEMOCRACY?" .........

4th tweet 9:04 "No ONE can SEIZE my DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS. I REFUSED to let the SSS GET AWAY with TRAMPLING on my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGTH." ............

5th tweet 3:33pm "Safe touchdown to @HeathrowAirport Praise God! Thanks also to @BritishAirways for waiting for me & then upgrading me on this flight." Is it not clear Oby was rabble rousing?

She started tweeting after boarding really ( boarding at 7:55, 1st tweet 8:37)....... Do you notice she did not bother to tell us for how many minutes she was detained? Deliberate act, many would have been disappointed if she had mentioned it........

At 9:03 she tweeted the flight she boarded at 7:55am was taxiing(58mins later) meanwhile she later tweeted, they waited for her.

Was her flight schedule take off time 9:00am? If yes how come they waited for her? playing to the gallery and prying on the emotions of gullible Nigerians? why did Oby decide to tweet what transpired between her and DSS 40 mins later in indeed she boarded by @7:55, to attract sympathy?
Question and more question right? Rabble rousing aptly captures what played out yesterday, methink Oby is fast losing it.

4 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by alabiyemmy(m): 10:08am On Jul 23, 2014
U get brain Sha
Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by lakpalakpa: 10:10am On Jul 23, 2014
Sling as much mud as you can but Jona-daft will have no peace till he brings back the girls, well meaning Nigerians are solidly behind Oby.

angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by Firefire(m): 10:12am On Jul 23, 2014
I believe that the truth shall be told and heard one DAY.

The propaganda shall stop just one day.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:17am On Jul 23, 2014
Ain't you guys tired of this same story? Smh

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by Demdem(m): 10:21am On Jul 23, 2014
Demdem: Airport harassment, my story – Ezekwesili

A former Minister of Education and a champion of the #BringBackOurGirls Campaign, Mrs. Obiageli Ezekwesili, has narrated her ordeals in the hands of security operatives at the Abuja International Airport on Monday.

Ezekwesili was delayed for over 40 minutes by men of the Department of State Security, who harassed her based on “orders from above.”

Narrating her ordeals to members of the Christian Association of Nigerian-Americans, to whom she is a trustee on Tuesday, Ezekwesili gave a blow by blow account of her ordeals in the hands of DSS.

This was contained in a statement by the CANAN Executive Director, Pastor Laolu Akande, after the former minister visited the group in London.

Akande quoted Ezekwesili as saying that, “I arrived at the airport yesterday (on Monday) to travel to London on British Airline. First, after the luggage screening section, I moved to the Customs people, sitting right next to it and do a more thorough bag search. Rather than they handling my luggage as is the practice, there were three SSS men, who rudely took over before they could do so, and ordered me to open my bag.

“I was travelling light, with just my hand luggage leather roll on and my computer bag. I placed the bag for them (to see) and one was already furiously frisking through it when the Customs advised that a woman be allowed to do it. She was allowed and she did it.

“She finished, zipped up the luggage and they said I could proceed. But I asked that the computer bag be also searched, and they did.

“I went on to do my checking and got my boarding pass, and was swiftly done. I arrived the Departure Immigration Desk at about 7.15am and presented my passport and forms. The Immigration staff did his processing and handed to the SSS official. Usually, their entire process lasts no more than five to 10 minutes on a passport. As a frequent traveller through our Lagos and Abuja airports, I speak based on experience and evidence. Even on the same day, the process for other travellers that I witnessed did not last more than five minutes. But on Monday, it became five, 10, 15 and 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 minutes for the Departure Desk processing for me, with no explanation given except “We act under instruction.”

Ezekwesili said after 10 minutes of waiting, she asked the officer why her passport was not handed over to her.

“He responded, “I am not doing this personally madam. I am simply acting based on instruction, and you of all persons should understand that.”

“When it was 20 minutes into the process, and with BA announcing the final boarding call for the 8am flight, the officer walked out of the cubicle, heading off. I followed him, asking where he was going without giving back my passport nor an explanation on why it was being withheld. His nonchalant response was “just wait. I am trying to help you”.

“It became evident that they withheld the passport to detain me at their departure desk in order to miss the flight. That was when I tweeted @ 7.37am “@obyezeks: Is this a democracy? I am being detained by the SSS @ Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport. The SSS has refused to give my passport to me.” At 7.41am “@obyezeks: On my way to London this morning for my @BBCHARDtalk appearance billed for tomorrow and the SSS has detained me by withholding my passport.”

“At that point, I brought out my phone to record him even as I asked for the passport. He got angry and charged at me that he would seize my phone. Then his colleague screamed at him a third time to handover the passport. He did,” she said.
Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by EliteYouth: 10:46am On Jul 23, 2014
[quote author=Demdem][/quote]

Rubbish......so well arranged as if it was planed................Oby and her Crew again are looking for cheap political points to score.

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by Demdem(m): 11:11am On Jul 23, 2014
EliteYouth:

Rubbish......so well arranged as if it was planed................Oby and her Crew again are looking for cheap political points to score.

Goon, has the SSS or the security agents debunked her claim of the actual events that happened before she boarded? If they haven't explained what really transpired, what is ur basis for this foolish post? Where u at the airport then?
U don't sound smart at all.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 23, 2014
lakpalakpa: Sling as much mud as you can but Jona-daft will have no peace till he brings back the girls, well meaning Nigerians are solidly behind Oby.

angry angry angry angry

Nigerian cowards cannot ask governors who arranged the abduction of their daughters to bring them back but have the guts to attack GEJ.
How many kidnap cases are resolved in the US every year & how many are directly handled by Obama?

7 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by EliteYouth: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2014
Demdem:

Goon, has the SSS or the security agents debunked her claim of the actual events that happened before she boarded? If they haven't explained what really transpired, what is ur basis for this foolish post? Where u at the airport then?
U don't sound smart at all.

Dude, My post was scooped out from Oby Ezekwesili's twitter handle, i dont know where on earth you have been, but DSS spokes person Ms. Ogar said Oby was not detained as she claimed but she only went through a normal routine cheek, is she the first Nigerian to be delayed at the airport? why is she making an issues out of this, does it really make sense? why would she be stopped from traveling when they know how crafty she can be and twist things up? Dude, you just a huge victim of ignorance.

7 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by snthesis(m): 11:31am On Jul 23, 2014
metinks she is just getting exposed to twitter cheesy

....abeg- no one shud tell her about instagram ooooo!!!!!

#saveoureyes grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by PhockPhockMan: 11:33am On Jul 23, 2014
[quote author=Demdem][/quote]

"I arrived the Departure Immigration Desk at about 7.15am and presented my passport and forms. The Immigration staff did his processing and handed to the SSS official."

Let's analyze this, she arrived at the Immigration department at 7.15 which is 40 minutes to the time she was already in the plane. We are all Nigerians, and most us here in nairaland travel outside the country by air. We all know that 40 minutes is little of a time when compared with time we spend on the same process in airports all over the world. Let's say immigration took 15 minutes, DSS 20 minutes while the remaining 5 minutes is for the process of boarding the plane. Where is the detention here? THE BOTTOM LINE is that Oby Ezekwesili came very late and wanted to bully her way but was not allowed. I'm shocked a liar like her is called a
PASTOR's WIFE, So unfortunate.

5 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by ratiken(m): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2014
Unfortunately the attention seeking woman has finally exposed herself for who she truly is.

All the good will she enjoyed is finally slipping away. She started off seeking political relevance but has ended up messing up herself.

Prior to this time, we can easily put akunyili, okonjo iweala and ezekwesili in same sentence..... but cannot happen again.

Her name will appear with the likes of elrufai, FFK, Lai Muhammed etc. Unobjective and attention seeking sychophants.

5 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by lakpalakpa: 11:44am On Jul 23, 2014
Greensaint:

Nigerian cowards cannot ask governors who arranged the abduction of their daughters to bring them back but have the guts to attack GEJ.
How many kidnap cases are resolved in the US every year & how many are directly handled by Obama?

Shut it!!

These lies make you look very silly!!!

Jona-daft has already placed those states under SOE so he is personally in charge of the security of those states.

I wonder if you folks actually saw a school in your life..

angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by Demdem(m): 11:59am On Jul 23, 2014
EliteYouth:

Dude, My post was scooped out from Oby Ezekwesili's twitter handle, i dont know where on earth you have been, but DSS spokes person Ms. Ogar said Oby was not detained as she claimed but she only went through a normal routine cheek, is she the first Nigerian to be delayed at the airport? why is she making an issues out of this, does it really make sense? why would she be stopped from traveling when they know how crafty she can be and twist things up? Dude, you just a huge victim of ignorance.

Did that woman stated the routine check they subjected her to?
Are u insinuating that a well travelled woman like oby won't be able to differentiate what a routine check is and an abnormal check.
I have been privilege to travel at several occasions and at no time do demdem passport is scrutinised by SSS agents. After immigration, custom, airline officials, airport officials etc but not SSS. On one occasion, I witnessed ndlea agents but not SSS. Not that the agents aren't there but they aren't conspicuous. My guts tells me that they only show face on names on their watch list. What she was subjected to wasnt routine. Oggar lied again.
Goon, u are the ignorant one here. If no one has ever travelled before in ur household, go to a friends household and ask people to either corroborate my position or not.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by yorke1: 12:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
We know better that the Woman is playing APC script. I am very sure at the end they will all fail. Ugly woman

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by DonaldGenes(m): 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
O what a rambunctious woman indeed
Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by ratiken(m): 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
Demdem:

Are u insinuating that a well travelled woman like oby won't be able to differentiate what a routine check is and an abnormal check.
I have been privilege to travel at several occasions and at no time do demdem passport is scrutinised by SSS agents. After immigration, custom, airline officials, airport officials etc but not SSS. On one occasion, I witnessed ndlea agents but not SSS. Not that the agents aren't there but they aren't conspicuous. My guts tells me that they only show face on names on their watch list. What she was subjected to wasnt routine. Oggar lied again.
Goon, u are the ignorant one here. If no one has ever travelled before in ur household, go to a friends household and ask people to either corroborate my position or not.

Whenever you start supporting a particular individual vigorously like you've done on this matter... there is always a political undertone in favour of APC.

With that alone, I can conclude that Oby is working against the federal govt.

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by Demdem(m): 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
ratiken:

Whenever you start supporting a particular individual vigorously like you've done on this matter... there is always a political undertone in favour of APC.

With that alone, I can conclude that Oby is working against the federal govt.

Goon, I care less about individuals afterall such aren't responsible for my sustenance. However, I stand on the path of truth.
It's obvious to me from ur post that u are among those goons that thinks not supporting Jonathan (which ordinarily shouldn't be a must) equates u to apc. Foolish talk.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
lakpalakpa:

Shut it!!

Jona-daft has already placed those states under SOE so he is personally in charge of the security of those states.

So insults & stupid posts are what show that you went to school. I wonder how you relate with your father at home.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
lakpalakpa:

Shut it!!

So insults & stupid posts are what show that you went to school. I wonder how you relate with your father at home.
Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by Demdem(m): 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
Greensaint:

So u are a father and yet u went ahead to make a wild allegation u can never substantiate.
What sort of father are u?

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by lakpalakpa: 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
Greensaint:

Stewpid!!

I blame the father that produced an eediot like you.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by EliteYouth: 1:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
Demdem:

Dude, you clam to be smart and exposed but sincerely it does not reflect in your post, what has my household got to do with this? do you really need to be abusive to make a point ? expect you are venting in frustration, just so you know just this year alone i have traveled over four times and i know what i'm talking about, besides delay in the Airport is not just peculiar to Nigeria, all over the world 30mins delay at the airport its not a big deal, If you are really smart ask yourself this simple question? Why would DSS want to arrest or detain her? is there any sense in attempting to?
Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by Demdem(m): 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
EliteYouth:

Dude, you clam to be smart and exposed but sincerely it does not reflect in your post, what has my household got to do with this? do you really need to be abusive to make a point ? expect you are venting in frustration, just so you know just this year alone i have traveled over four times and i know what i'm talking about, besides delay in the Airport is not just peculiar to Nigeria, all over the world 30mins delay at the airport its not a big deal, If you are really smart ask yourself this simple question? Why would DSS want to arrest or detain her? is there any sense in attempting to?

If u like, travel a dozen times, it's none of my business and out of point like most of ur post.
When u were travelling, did it take the SSS and security agents around 40 mins to clear u?
Infact did u even see SSS at all?
They most likely delayed her because she is in their watch list. Public figures who are are perceived opponents to Jonathan are in such so it isn't out of place.
Oby is well travelled and she obviously knows the difference between a normal scrutiny at the airport and an abnormal one.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by EliteYouth: 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
Demdem:

If u like, travel a dozen times, it's none of my business and out of point like most of ur post.
When u were travelling, did it take the SSS and security agents around 40 mins to clear u?
Infact did u even see SSS at all?
They most likely delayed her because she is in their watch list. Public figures who are are perceived opponents to Jonathan are in such so it isn't out of place.
Oby is well travelled and she obviously knows the difference between a normal scrutiny at the airport and an abnormal one.

The Security Agency has the right to stop and scrutinized anybody, they are Secret Agents dude you dont get to see them regularly, the bottom-line remains that Oby just blew the delay ish out of proportion, she lied to Nigerians.
Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by Demdem(m): 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
EliteYouth:

The Security Agency has the right to stop and scrutinized anybody, they are Secret Agents dude you dont get to see them regularly, the bottom-line remains that Oby just blew the delay ish out of proportion, she lied to Nigerians.

Yes they tend to scrutinised those in the opposing side to Jonathan for almost 40 mins for no just cause.
Infact, oponnents of the govt are those that regularly see them. Bullshit.
So far u have no evidence to suggest to sane minds that she lied. Oggar didn't state what really transpired except the denial, oby has stated this and none of ur sources have so far refuted her account of events.
Joke on u.
Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by agamenon(m): 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
That woman is becoming something els,may God deliver her.
Re: Oby Ezekweseli The Drama Queen by Demdem(m): 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
agamenon: That woman is becoming something els,may God deliver her.

Something else for standing against incompetence in governance........i think u need the deliverance more.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Karota Collecting Money For Cars Parked On A Half Baked Road In Kano.(pictures) / How Little Girls Sell Their Body In South Africa / Breaking: 7PDP Ekiti House Of Assembly member sitting to Impeach Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.