Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,756 members, 7,827,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Anaconda Vs Mongoose - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Anaconda Vs Mongoose (40072 Views)

Largest Ever Anaconda Is Captured In Ecuador (photos) / (photos)men Cut Anaconda Open To Find A Pitbull / Diver Takes Pictures Of An Anaconda Under-Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by imperioux: 6:37am On Jul 24, 2014
And that's an Anaconda?! angry angry

Nairaland is full of crap.

2 Likes

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Raypawer(m): 6:48am On Jul 24, 2014
Mhen God is Great!

Life us not by size....

Everybody get boss!

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by sarutobie(m): 6:48am On Jul 24, 2014
imperioux: And that's an Anaconda! angry angry

Nairaland is full of crap.
I swear..they are so ignorant of anything around them apart from money lol...without even watching the video I knew that wasn't an anaconda..its colouration is different (and darker)...and a mongoose of that size can't wrap it's jaw on the head of a full grown anaconda. .look at this beauty

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 24, 2014
Check out this honey badger devouring a huge python

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDmr_2YjzqU
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 24, 2014
sarutobie:
I swear..they are so ignorant of anything around them apart from money lol...without even watching the video I knew that wasn't an anaconda..its colouration is different (and darker)...and a mongoose of that size can't wrap it's jaw on the head of a full grown anaconda. .look at this beauty

A honey badger though, would take that anaconda apart, bit by bit.

2 Likes

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by chukkystar(m): 7:04am On Jul 24, 2014
U guys talking Mongoose have never heard of a Honey Badger, they eat snakes, even if they are bitten, they sleep and d venom subsides.. They are d same size with a Mongoose bt only Bulkier and definitely d most aggressive creatures in the animal kingdom

4 Likes

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by cocoduck: 7:19am On Jul 24, 2014
many people are just afraid of pythons for nothing. Pythons are dull animals because of their size and they have no legs, do you know the amount of energy the snake uses to move its body without legs? while the mongoose is small fast and has FOUR STRONG legs, it is like CM punk fighting against the fattest woman on earth.
that is why in some parts of igbo land it is prohibited to kill and eat pythons because there is no food for the lazy man, if you are strong hunt the strong animals, if you are fast then hunt the fast animals.

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by iamtewwy(m): 7:35am On Jul 24, 2014
UjSizzle: Bite at a good spot and get the venom in. Snake muscles go lax and battle is won.
anty! phythons dont have venom!
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Arinze96(m): 7:42am On Jul 24, 2014
Aromas:
Why must u hate wot God create The only thing we need to do is try n avoid dem when coming If you can't kill it ni o o o o o,don't go n stay near dem
And why should you kill what God created?

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 24, 2014
UjSizzle: Bite at a good spot and get the venom in. Snake muscles go lax and battle is won.

Mongooses are immuned to snakes' venom. They only get high, sleep and wake up stronger after being bitten !

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:48am On Jul 24, 2014
disloman: God is great.

Yes oo
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Ninilowo(m): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2014
Just 56 seconds. Lobatan. Eyah life is so short ooo.

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by victord1st: 7:52am On Jul 24, 2014
All python species are constrictors they have no venom.

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Mojibola(m): 7:53am On Jul 24, 2014
UchihaMadara:

A honey badger though, would take that anaconda apart, bit by bit.
Honey badger is jst badass...it would take on practically anything possible.
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by hyuga(m): 8:02am On Jul 24, 2014
would luv 2 see a fight btwn honey badger nd mongoose.. Dunno if mongoose z immune 2 venom bt badger jst thrils me wit that partial death of theirs. Wish i had that ability sha... Well, i dont think a badger or mongoose can take an anaconda.. Its bigger nd constricts faster than a rock python probably a tag team wil work sha:-)
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by virago(f): 8:16am On Jul 24, 2014
vizier007: that's not a fair fight. you can't pair up a prey and its predator...

One on one an adult male lion isn't match for an adult male buffalo , it takes the effort of a group of lions to bring down a buffalo.

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 24, 2014
texanomaly: Reminds me of "Rikki-Tikki-Tavi" by Rudyard Kipling.

I've read that book too. A mongoose will kill a snake any day.

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by dominique(f): 8:20am On Jul 24, 2014

first thing that came to my mind too.

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by 5minsmadness: 8:50am On Jul 24, 2014
Its so nice to find someone else reads classics like this besides me smiley

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by uzoexcel(m): 8:54am On Jul 24, 2014
how?
disloman: God is great.

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by judedwriter(m): 8:56am On Jul 24, 2014
Even lion wit all em shakara no fit fight cobra-up mongosse cheesy
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by chuckdee4(m): 8:57am On Jul 24, 2014
Mynd44: Not a fair fight. Mongooses have been genetically engineered to kill snakes

You speak like say the snake is defenceless.
I guess this is God's way of balancing things out

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by sweetgala(m): 9:03am On Jul 24, 2014
Its general knowledge that mongoose count several snake species as part of their diet and have limited resistance to some venom. Squirrels and similar animals have been known to attack/ defend against some snakes in the past .

These animals are agile and have quick reactions with sharp large front teeth

3 Likes

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 24, 2014
azimibraun: Just when I wa thinking we should invite the mongoose to help eliminate the and extinct boko haram from the sambisa forest came the post above that ppl who once used mongoose are now paying the pricce because mongoose only hears go and will never hear " e don do" make dem no go eliminate boko haram eliminate chibok girls and the communities around also.
All hail mongoose the eliminator.

No be bush rat ?

Set your trap well joor..
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by antartica(m): 9:23am On Jul 24, 2014
Mynd44: Not a fair fight. Mongooses have been genetically engineered to kill snakes

It is a game of survival. Knowing how to kill snakes did not come them on a platter,given by Jesus or Mohammad. They evolved to do that,because it is either them or snakes. A case of kill or be killed that happens to be the fundamental principle that inderlines the game of life.
Man like to think he is on top of the food,but thousands of humans are killed by venomous snakes every year in different parts of the world,while at the same time man kill more of it kinds on regular basis in the quest to stay on top as the alpha.
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by antartica(m): 9:37am On Jul 24, 2014
This animal cruelty anyway,same as dog fight,chicken fight and bull fights. All for the pleasure of death fascinated man.

Some of them watching will think it is cruel to kill and eat a dog for food,but they will pay dearly to watch wild animals kill each other or shoot wild animals for trophies.

2 Likes

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 24, 2014
anacondas are not poisonous...and this mongoose also kills poisonous snakes and is kinda immune to venom...will post a video soon, or you can look for it on youtube
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Abelity(m): 10:13am On Jul 24, 2014
NA WAO..... WONDER SHALL NEVA CEASE
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:44am On Jul 24, 2014
They aren't poisonous are they?
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by JEITO: 11:29am On Jul 24, 2014
I wonder what people gain from pitching animals to fight against each other that some even bet on it cry

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by drnoel: 11:49am On Jul 24, 2014
Raypawer: just stumbled on youtube during lunch time in office and I saw this... fight..

Anaconda vs Mongoose and the small Mongoose won the fight.. I was actually astonished..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AaOK9m8Dds
To watch

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

River Niger Drying Up - FG Raises Alarm / Video: Ekiti Boy Constructing A Generator And A Pos Machine / TOI 700 D: Earth-sized Planet Found Relatively Nearby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.