Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Anaconda Vs Mongoose - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Anaconda Vs Mongoose (40043 Views)

Largest Ever Anaconda Is Captured In Ecuador (photos) / (photos)men Cut Anaconda Open To Find A Pitbull / Diver Takes Pictures Of An Anaconda Under-Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by drnoel: 11:53am On Jul 24, 2014
imperioux: And that's an Anaconda?! angry angry

Nairaland is full of crap.
U are full of zhit. Tell us, do anacondas fall from the skies. B4 they get to that size in ur pix don't they grow like every other animal? Really illiteracy on NL is appalling.
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by feedthenation(m): 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mongoose should be introduce into the Sambisa forest to flush out the landmines.

Impressive animal, they are very skillful in the art of killing other dangerous animals.
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
Unless your a dumb fvck you know the mongoose will win this fight so no real excitment here .just realy cruel in the wild they propably wouldnt have had this confrontation so to put them in a cage to fight to the death is sick.Wonder how many people watching would have entered the cage with the snake or even the mongoose just sick pathetic human beings
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Elebiju: 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
imperioux: And that's an Anaconda?! angry angry

Nairaland is full of crap.
Any large snake that "constricts" its prey, if applied loosely, could be called anaconda.Anaconda.ITK.
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Originalsly: 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
UjSizzle: Bite at a good spot and get the venom in. Snake muscles go lax and battle is won.
Dude...mongoose have no venom. Mongoose do attack and kill snakes but they know which they can manage. Python and other large constrictors yes...Black Mamba...never. To those wishing to have mongoose to get rid of snakes in the hood...bear in mind they multiply fast and think what will happen when the snakes are eradicated. Your chickens and eggs would be high on their list even before the snakes. Like rats...they don't go away in a rush.

2 Likes

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by megadeath: 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
texanomaly: Reminds me of "Rikki-Tikki-Tavi" by Rudyard Kipling.

Jeez. Read that ages ago. Can't even remember
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by seunny4lif(m): 1:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
UchihaMadara:

A honey badger though, would take that anaconda apart, bit by bit.
Lol..Guy,do u really mean the same i anaconda i knw?Dats funny...A Phyton is diff 4rm anaconda and mind u dat animal cant wait for a real growin adult phyton of 25ft..25ft is the main length of an adult of phyton...
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by obidaddy: 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
Badgers seem to eliminate snakes easily. A badger will not give up the trail of even the mighty king cobra.
Badger are extremely stubborn and difficult for even the lethal leopard to kill.
I watched a documentary where it took a leopard over four hours to kill an old badger.
Both badger n mongoose seem to be from the same family.

2 Likes

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
Lai lai!!!I disagree.An anaconda is native to the amazon in southern America.You can include anacondas in the constrictor family where you have the boa,reticulated phython and the rest but neva call any snake that constricts an anaconda.
Elebiju: Any large snake that "constricts" its prey, if applied loosely, could be called anaconda.Anaconda.ITK.
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mojibola:
Honey badger is jst badass...it would take on practically anything possible.

Yup, honey badger don't give a fck!
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
seunny4lif: Lol..Guy,do u really mean the same i anaconda i knw?Dats funny...A Phyton is diff 4rm anaconda and mind u dat animal cant wait for a real growin adult phyton of 25ft..25ft is the main length of an adult of phyton...

Funny enough, I don't think it'll be an issue, unless the anaconda manages a surprise attack and coil.

If they were to go head on, I think the badger would simply wear out the anaconda, by dodging its lunges. Then it could go behind it and start eating it.

Check out the vid I posted, the badger wasn't trying to eat the pythons head first, nuh uh, it started eating its mid section even while the huge python was still alive and trying to regain its orientation.

It got so bad, that at some point the python bit it's own tail, thinking its tail was the attacker, lol.

I'll give the edge to badgers over ALL snakes, big or small.

3 Likes

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by vizier007(m): 2:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
virago:

One on one an adult male lion isn't match for an adult male buffalo , it takes the effort of a group of lions to bring down a buffalo.
lions hunt in groups unless it's a lion chased away from its pride... a lone lion will never attempt to kill a Buffalo..

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by oladapps: 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
this is wonderful, make una bring dis animal com una house as pet. it will kill a lot of snakes and predators
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by imperioux: 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
drnoel:
U are full of zhit. Tell us, do anacondas fall from the skies. B4 they get to that size in ur pix don't they grow like every other animal? Really illiteracy on NL is appalling.

Mr. Odeson, so a python (from the Python spp) will later grow to become a common/green anaconda (from the Eunectes spp).

You could say that because NL welcomes craps like you.
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by imperioux: 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
Elebiju: Any large snake that "constricts" its prey, if applied loosely, could be called anaconda.Anaconda.ITK.

Just STFU.

So why did Wikipedia put that phrase "if applied loosely" when explaining the term Anaconda? Colloquial representation I guess.

I Know Nothing (IKN).
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by virago(f): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
sarutobie:
I swear..they are so ignorant of anything around them apart from money lol...without even watching the video I knew that wasn't an anaconda..its colouration is different (and darker)...and a mongoose of that size can't wrap it's jaw on the head of a full grown anaconda. .look at this beauty

Do you know there is a huge debate as to which is bigger between the Indian Python and anaconda. Both are very large snakes.
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by WoodcrestMayor(m): 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
Anaconda all the way.That creature is majestic.
virago:

Do you know there is a huge debate as to which is bigger between the Indian Python and anaconda. Both are very large snakes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
Can badgers be found in Nigeria? What do we call it in Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa? I just read on Wikipedia that honey badgers are predominant in Africa - all of Africa.
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by drnoel: 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
imperioux:

Mr. Odeson, so a python (from the Python spp) will later grow to become a common/green anaconda (from the Eunectes spp).

You could say that because NL welcomes craps like you.
U talk cos u dont know better. How mighty do u think anaconda eggs are? Or the little anacondas that come out of it? Pls take ur confusion elsewhere.
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by imperioux: 8:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
drnoel:
U talk cos u dont know better. How mighty do u think anaconda eggs are? Or the little anacondas that come out of it? Pls take ur confusion elsewhere.

I wasn't discussing sizes or snakes infancy. That thing in this video is a python and not an Eunectes spp. Basic!

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by drnoel: 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
imperioux:

I wasn't discussing sizes or snakes infancy. That thing in this video is a python and not an Eunectes spp. Basic!
ok
Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by donem: 9:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
Bluetooth2:

Mongooses are immuned to snakes' venom. They only get high, sleep and wake up stronger after being bitten !
Wow! this is incredible if true. In my next life aside being a human, i'll love to be a mongoose due to my excessive hate for snakes. (Mongooses killing snakes since 1894).

1 Like

Re: Anaconda Vs Mongoose by jeff1607(m): 8:13am On Jul 25, 2014
Originalsly: Dude...mongoose have no venom. Mongoose do attack and kill snakes but they know which they can manage. Python and other large constrictors yes...Black Mamba...never. To those wishing to have mongoose to get rid of snakes in the hood...bear in mind they multiply fast and think what will happen when the snakes are eradicated. Your chickens and eggs would be high on their list even before the snakes. Like rats...they don't go away in a rush.

Bro u won't understand. I need this mongoose more than anything here. Not a day passes without a snake in sight. As they say no snake will attack unless been threatened or if dem send am

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

River Niger Drying Up - FG Raises Alarm / TOI 700 D: Earth-sized Planet Found Relatively Nearby / 100 Tonnes Of Dead Fish Pulled Out Of Europe's Oder River ( Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.