Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:41 AM

My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni (4575 Views)

PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY / Am Studying Pure And Applied Physics, Where Can I Work? / Do O.a.u Accept Students From Private Polytechnic For Direct Entry (d.e) Admissiom Cos Am Studying A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by VocalWalls: 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
sisiafrika: God pass u! Oya put it down!

Lol

Should I remove it ?
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by sisiafrika(f): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
VocalWalls:

I will remove it now!
thanks as u comply
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by ignis: 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
Op, you need to work on your spelling and punctuation.

I don't want to believe that an undergraduate wrote this ''crap''.

You forgot to tell us the name of your university.
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by VocalWalls: 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2014
sisiafrika: thanks as u comply

Done
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
I've got no intention to discourage you, but if you've got age on your side, please do study hard & write JAMB again while studying your Library Science— you should be able to juxtapose both, with good study plan & proper time management. However, if you do try YOUR BEST this time, and it doesn't turn out auspicious, then face that course (Library Science) squarely and make the best of it; study like you are studying Engineering or Medicine. Once you've got very good results, say a first class, trust me, a brighter future is imminent —you would just see the opportunities unveil themselves. The benefits of graduating with very good grades can't be undermined; at times, it seems to be all that matters, in contrast to your undergraduate program. At times.
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Ifeconwaba(m): 8:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
coolbibz: I've got no intention to discourage you, but if you've got age on your side, please do study hard & write JAMB again while studying your Library Science— you should be able to juxtapose both, with good study plan & proper time management. However, if you do try YOUR BEST this time, and it doesn't turn out auspicious, then face that course (Library Science) squarely and make the best of it; study like you are studying Engineering or Medicine. Once you've got very good results, say a first class, trust me, a brighter future is imminent —you would just see the opportunities unveil themselves. The benefits of graduating with very good grades can't be undermined; at times, it seems to be all that matters, in contrast to your undergraduate program. At times.
thanks sir i appreciate
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
rattlesnake: They are right
mr rattlesnake...u r very wicked oo....u just dropped d bomb just like dat
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Ifeconwaba(m): 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
coolbibz: I've got no intention to discourage you, but if you've got age on your side, please do study hard & write JAMB again while studying your Library Science— you should be able to juxtapose both, with good study plan & proper time management. However, if you do try YOUR BEST this time, and it doesn't turn out auspicious, then face that course (Library Science) squarely and make the best of it; study like you are studying Engineering or Medicine. Once you've got very good results, say a first class, trust me, a brighter future is imminent —you would just see the opportunities unveil themselves. The benefits of graduating with very good grades can't be undermined; at times, it seems to be all that matters, in contrast to your undergraduate program. At times.
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Ifeconwaba(m): 9:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
thank you sir i appreciate
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Tymax(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
sisiafrika: shut up! Its " I'm " not " am ". I'm is the short of 'I am'. 'Am' doesn't come in!
Bless you sister for pointing that out. It's disgustingly common angry
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Ifeconwaba(m): 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2014
please how can i modify cause to course please someone should help
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by VocalWalls: 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ifeconwaba: please how can i modify cause to course please someone should help

Brother, which school is it that you're a student of?
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Victomolola: 10:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
bighead1: dear poster

in my best opinion, please go for your heart desires and make sure that you are not distracted by what they say like age is not on your side and those bulshit.

please do whatever it is that your hear deems fits best for you.

i did the same thing by doing a course i didn't like, lo and behold, i regret this till date.
Now i'm starting all over again at all cost.
i'd rather do what i love and not get a job than do what i don't and be a slave.

if you do whatever you love you will go the extra mile to accomplish your dreams, even if they say it is hard, you will always find it easy owing to the passion you have for the course.

please pm me and let me give you a piece of advise.
Advice----not advise!!! Advice is noun, while advise is verb!!!
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Victomolola: 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
sisiafrika: shut up! Its " I'm " not " am ". I'm is the short of 'I am'. 'Am' doesn't come in!
Audacious! You always take pleasure in insulting people---which is uncouth. Suffice to say that, you are bereft of courtesy!
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
Chai! This thread don turn to GES101 class. LOL! grin
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by femidejulius(m): 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ifeconwaba: please sir i dont know where you are coming i mean your last sentence

About my last sentence... Are you willing to build up yourself and use your talents? Are u ready to prove u can be really great? Are you ready to be successful? Are you ready to do what it takes?
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by sisiafrika(f): 11:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
Victomolola: Audacious! You always take pleasure in insulting people---which is uncouth. Suffice to say that, you are bereft of courtesy!
d pains of yester_days still emits from ur system. Sorry I insulted u but don't u think I was right insulting u? Just stop stalking small boi.
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by yungchop: 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
Ifeconwaba: i took jamb in the 2012 i was going for economics at UNN but i didnt meet the cutoff the same year one federal university advertised a newly accredited course which was not my intention to study from the outset i applied and the gave me admission i settled for the course ; but my problem is the discouragement i always got from my parents because the say words like try to change that course because the think is a waste of resources the problem is that am in 200 hundred level and the jamb i wrote in 2013 was not good please fellow nairalanders help me out with your candid advise please this is really affecting my academic work and commitment to what am doing is lacking
y you come dey tell me?! Na me born u?
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by herald9: 12:08am On Jul 24, 2014
The school wicked o

Such courses should be abolished...

If you finish university come dey arrange book for library...wetin secondary school leavers go do?

please stop having false hope and do the needful...
Sweet encouragements won't put food on thy table.
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Badmushazan: 4:20am On Jul 24, 2014
Ifeconwaba: i took jamb in the 2012 i was going for economics at UNN but i didnt meet the cutoff the same year one federal university advertised a newly accredited course which was not my intention to study from the outset i applied and the gave me admission i settled for the course ; but my problem is the discouragement i always got from my parents because the say words like try to change that course because the think is a waste of resources the problem is that am in 200 hundred level and the jamb i wrote in 2013 was not good please fellow nairalanders help me out with your candid advise please this is really affecting my academic work and commitment to what am doing is lacking
and when it comes to criticising polytechnic students u must have been playing a major role. ur message doesn't speak well of university student. Too much errors.
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by oduz: 5:57am On Jul 24, 2014
Ifeconwaba: please how can i modify cause to course please someone should help

Go back to your first post on this thread, click on 'Modify'. The initial dialogue box where u wrote the topic title will open up.

From there you can modify the spelling correctly & re-submit. Cheers
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by oduz: 7:00am On Jul 24, 2014
herald9: The school wicked o

Such courses should be abolished...

If you finish university come dey arrange book for library...wetin secondary school leavers go do?

please stop having false hope and do the needful...
Sweet encouragements won't put food on thy table.

@ Ifeconwaba

Economics is Universal, its knowledge can be applied to any industry or field of study including Library Science

Admission to study Economics is getting tougher by the day, there are people attempting it for several years before 'switching' to another course

If u did not perform well in Jamb an external exam after a year in the university, u may be safer sticking to your present course for now

After a year in the University & bonbardment from home, its time to stretch your curiousity on what Lib Sc is all about

Lib Sc is not just about 'arranging books in the Library'.

The University Library is about the most valuable resource to a University. Thats why the Uni Librarian is No 4 in the Uni hierachy

I presume u are from the East, with a culture of being aggressively business minded, Open your mind to the biz side of Lib Sc

A Librarian can proffessionally become any of these, in each of which there are millionaires (in Nigeria) depending on how u apply yourself to it

Publisher
Author
Researcher
Lecturer
Historian
Web Master/ Journalist
Book Merchant
Curator/ Promoter
Educational Consultant/Guidance Counsellor
Media (including Broadcast) Entrepreneur

Some of the Biggest Bookshops in Nigeria are owned or managed by Librarians

Nyakno Osso, a prominent member of Tranparent International, started his carreer as a Librarian in Newswatch Magazine, where he was credited with the initiative of Newswatch - Who is Who in Nigeria, for which he was pioneer Editor, this was the foremost Human Resource reference Book in Nigeria until he left & patnered with David Dafinone (foremost Accountant) to beat that record, he has since been involved in International Research, & consulted on the founding of the Obasanjo Presidential Library

For u, the first step is to meditate to Discover Yourself & realise that u can groom yourself to be the best in whatevever u lay your hands on

As foolish as it may seem, your decision to open this thread is an indication of your GREAT potentials, you have encountered some challenges, & have diagnosed your limitation in overcoming it alone & opened a thread to take a survey from those who may know better, U have further displayed great humility by not being pertubed by NOISY 'beefers'

My Man Congrats, U have taken the first step, push further, Discover yourself, Discover Librarianship, Discover the Ivory Tower, Discover the challenges of our Nation & use your skills to fill in the Gaps

Best Wishes

The LAND is Green cool

2 Likes

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by herald9: 7:09am On Jul 24, 2014
oduz:

Economics is Universal, its knowledge can be applied to any industry or field of study including Library Science

Admission to study Economics is getting tougher by the day, there people attempting it for several years before 'switching' to another course

If u did not perform well in Jamb an external exam after a year in the university, u may be safer sticking to your present course for now

After a year in the University & bonbardment from home, its time to stretch your curiousity on what Lib Sc is all about

Lib Sc is not just about 'arranging books in the Library'.

The University Library is about the most valuable resource to a University. Thats why the Uni Librarian is No 4 in the Uni hierachy

I presume u are from the East, with a culture of being aggressively business minded, Open your mind to the biz side of Lib Sc

A Librarian can proffessionally become any of these, each of which there are millionaires (in Nigeria) depending on how u apply yourself to it

Publisher
Author
Researcher
Lecturer
Historian
Web Master/ Journalist
Book Merchant
Curator/ Promoter
Educational Consultant/Guidance Counsellor
Media (including Broadcast) Entrepreneur

Some of the Biggest Bookshops in Nigeria are owned or managed by Librarians

Nyakno Osso, a prominent member of Tranparent International, started his carreer as a Librarian in Newswatch Magazine, where he was credited with the initiative of Newswatch - Who is Who in Nigeria, for which he was pioneer Editor, this was the foremost Human Resource reference Book in Nigeria until he left & patnered with David Dafinone (foremost Accountant) to beat that record, he has since been involved in International Research, & consulted on the founding of the Obasanjo Presidential Library

For u, the first step is to meditate to Discover Yourself & realise that u can groom yourself to be the best in whatevever u lay your hands on

As foolish as it may seem, your decision to open this thread is an indication of your GREAT potentials, you have encountered some challenges, & have diagnosed your limitation in overcoming it alone & opened a thread to take a survey from those who may know better, U have further displayed great humility by not being pertubed by NOISY 'beefers'

My Man Congrats, U have taken the first step, push further, Discover yourself, Discover Librarianship, Discover the Ivory Tower, Discover the challenges of our Nation & use your skills to fill in the Gaps

Best Wishes

The LAND is Green cool
ouch ouch ouch

you are also into lib sci
itzokay
i love books...please keep it safe for me but quit the lecture.
Thanks smiley
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by oduz: 7:16am On Jul 24, 2014
herald9:
ouch ouch ouch

you are also into lib sci
itzokay
i love books...please keep it safe for me but quit the lecture.
Thanks smiley

Sorry to disappoint you, I am not into Library Science, just a roadside Polymath

Cheers
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by herald9: 7:24am On Jul 24, 2014
oduz:

Sorry to disappoint you, I am not into Library Science, just a roadside Polymath

Cheers
is roadside polymath a course?

cheesy
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by magni101(m): 8:08am On Jul 24, 2014
@OP

One of my pastors studied library science in the university and today he is The House of Assembly Librarian here in Cross River State.
He's doing quite well Coz of his humility and hard work.
No course is a waste in the university else they wouldn't be teaching it in the first place.
Prove you parents wrong and they will praise you till infinity.
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Samgreguc(m): 8:54am On Jul 24, 2014
FrancisTony:

Your post is incoherent e.g from inappropriate punctuation, spellings, jampacking of words and many more. undecided

John 11:35 cry
cry
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2014
Samgreguc:
cry

Wicked grin
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 24, 2014
sisiafrika: They think so becuase u have issues with spellings. I would beat u up till u faint if u were my ward! How dare you spell 'course' as 'cause' ? Stupid!
Guys take a good look at this woman's grammar and tell me if she has a single right to be harsh or even correct the OP.

I seriously weep for your wards or future ward(s) if you really think knowledge is better acquired by means of force/beating.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo State auchi Polytechnic 2015/2016 Acceptance Fee And School Fee Payment. Ca / Throwback Thursday / Strike: Ssanu, Ssanip, Nasu Vow To Fight On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.