Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,980 members, 7,956,662 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:31 PM

My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni (4572 Views)

PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY / Am Studying Pure And Applied Physics, Where Can I Work? / Do O.a.u Accept Students From Private Polytechnic For Direct Entry (d.e) Admissiom Cos Am Studying A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 24, 2014
OP, it is all about being satisfied, fulfilled, happy and accomplished.

The course you are studying, was it your childhood dream? Do you feel it is right for you? Do you love it? Is it what you wanted from day ONE? Are you happy studying it? Do you love it as a career?
If your answers for these questions are all positive then go ahead, graduate with at least second class upper, acquire more certificates, reman positive and hopeful, and you'll be surprised how far you will go.
However, if the answers to my questions are negative, then re-trace your steps, go for your heart desire and where your talent is, find out your heart desire, talent and go towards it. You can never fail if you work towards your talent. It's an assurance. When you've found your heart desire and talent, you work towards it(by getting JAMB form if possible), work hard, never relent. Be hopeful, prayerful. Don't listen to people. Follow your heart and be happy you are.
smiley
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Victomolola: 9:57am On Jul 24, 2014
sisiafrika: kindly commit suicide. Thanks
Replying you, will make you think that you are a consequential person---while you are inconsequential. Be that as it may, I will reply you: your reasoning, using of malign words and action is preposterous, scurrilous and sacrillegious to human laid down precepts. You are undiscipline folk, an arrogant and nitwit!!! Finally, you can't even express yourself well in english. Although, I'm not perfect as well!!!
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Victomolola: 10:02am On Jul 24, 2014
sisiafrika: u are the dumbest so far on this thread. U are so proud of ur ignorance, so lib sci is about arranging books? Nigerian Education is in shambles! Imagine reasoning. I could have shot u if I saw u. Dullard!
Must you cause everybody?
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by chidekings(m): 10:48am On Jul 24, 2014
bighead1: dear poster

in my best opinion, please go for your heart desires and make sure that you are not distracted by what they say like age is not on your side and those bulshit.

please do whatever it is that your hear deems fits best for you.

i did the same thing by doing a course i didn't like, lo and behold, i regret this till date.
Now i'm starting all over again at all cost.
i'd rather do what i love and not get a job than do what i don't and be a slave.

if you do whatever you love you will go the extra mile to accomplish your dreams, even if they say it is hard, you will always find it easy owing to the passion you have for the course.

please pm me and let me give you a piece of advise.

the op himself does not even like the course,he did that out of frustration and impatience.
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by misterjosh(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2014
sisiafrika: shut up! Its " I'm " not " am ". I'm is the short of 'I am'. 'Am' doesn't come in!
Aunty small small, u be tisha for real life... If yes u go wicked ooo.
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by misterjosh(m): 11:10am On Jul 24, 2014
herald9:
as if the bitttch could even handle her kitchen knife properly...
The dude wanted opinions...i gave mine...you cld have aired yours too instead of trolling the thread and lookin for who to sink ur dirty claws on...
If i wanted to kill myself i'll climb ur ego nd jump to ur IQ.

It must really hurt to bark but can't bite.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Ouch

1 Like

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by oduz: 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
herald9:
is roadside polymath a course?

cheesy

Remember u just banned me from 'lecturing'

So, U may need to visit the Library yourself to find out ........... lol
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Ifeconwaba(m): 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
oduz:

@ Ifeconwaba

Economics is Universal, its knowledge can be applied to any industry or field of study including Library Science

Admission to study Economics is getting tougher by the day, there are people attempting it for several years before 'switching' to another course

If u did not perform well in Jamb an external exam after a year in the university, u may be safer sticking to your present course for now

After a year in the University & bonbardment from home, its time to stretch your curiousity on what Lib Sc is all about

Lib Sc is not just about 'arranging books in the Library'.

The University Library is about the most valuable resource to a University. Thats why the Uni Librarian is No 4 in the Uni hierachy

I presume u are from the East, with a culture of being aggressively business minded, Open your mind to the biz side of Lib Sc

A Librarian can proffessionally become any of these, in each of which there are millionaires (in Nigeria) depending on how u apply yourself to it

Publisher
Author
Researcher
Lecturer
Historian
Web Master/ Journalist
Book Merchant
Curator/ Promoter
Educational Consultant/Guidance Counsellor
Media (including Broadcast) Entrepreneur

Some of the Biggest Bookshops in Nigeria are owned or managed by Librarians

Nyakno Osso, a prominent member of Tranparent International, started his carreer as a Librarian in Newswatch Magazine, where he was credited with the initiative of Newswatch - Who is Who in Nigeria, for which he was pioneer Editor, this was the foremost Human Resource reference Book in Nigeria until he left & patnered with David Dafinone (foremost Accountant) to beat that record, he has since been involved in International Research, & consulted on the founding of the Obasanjo Presidential Library

For u, the first step is to meditate to Discover Yourself & realise that u can groom yourself to be the best in whatevever u lay your hands on

As foolish as it may seem, your decision to open this thread is an indication of your GREAT potentials, you have encountered some challenges, & have diagnosed your limitation in overcoming it alone & opened a thread to take a survey from those who may know better, U have further displayed great humility by not being pertubed by NOISY 'beefers'

My Man Congrats, U have taken the first step, push further, Discover yourself, Discover Librarianship, Discover the Ivory Tower, Discover the challenges of our Nation & use your skills to fill in the Gaps

Best Wishes

The LAND is Green cool
thanks

1 Like

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
My parents think.....
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by joedejana(m): 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
Where is the MOD...someone needs to be banned
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
Victomolola: Replying you, will make you think that you are a consequential person---while you are inconsequential. Be that as it may, I will reply you: your reasoning, using of malign words and action is preposterous, scurrilous and sacrillegious to human laid down precepts. [s]You are undiscipline folk, an arrogant and nitwit!!![/s] You are an arrogant, a nitwit and undisciplined folk. Finally, you can't even express yourself well in english. Although, I'm not perfect as well!!!
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by herald9: 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
oduz:

Remember u just banned me from 'lecturing'

So, U may need to visit the Library yourself to find out ........... lol
Lolz... I didn't say you shouldn't lecture me on roadside polymath... it was library science...
Abi roadside polymath is an extension of library science?
grin
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by herald9: 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
Some comments are hidden... nice

That sisiafrika should be banned she's too uncouth
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Goziejay: 2:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
My guy no course is a waste just study hard to have a very good grade or better switch to science (education course)because it is easy to switch to in the university moreover,it sell like hot cake especially for those genuiue international schools around God bless

1 Like

Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by oduz: 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
herald9:
Lolz... I didn't say you shouldn't lecture me on roadside polymath... it was library science...
Abi roadside polymath is an extension of library science?
grin

Well, I just asked Ifeconwaba, my Consultant Librarian, & this is his finding

Polymath : a person of wide-range knowledge or learning

So, a 'roadside' Polymath, suggests a 'motorpark' or 'quack' version smiley
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by ladyfeli(f): 5:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ifeconwaba: but my problem is the discouragement i always got from my parents because the say words like try to change that course because the think is a waste of resources the problem is that am in 200 hundred level and the jamb i wrote in 2013 was not good please fellow nairalanders help me out with your candid advise please this is really affecting my academic work and commitment to what am doing is lacking
Ryt nw, focus is what u need 2 prove ur parents wrong. N plz wat are u combining with
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Footlocker(m): 6:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
Clearly a lot of people on this thread cannot read.(although there claiming TO KNOW!) This is why people fail exams cause they can't adhere to simple instruction. The 'OP' asked for advice on a matter. Regardless of the grammatical errors it's suffice to say everybody got the point. So you either advice the OP or move on from the thread! Some stupendous elements decided to make this a USE OF ENGLISH debate! Grow up! @ at OP now: let me give you a comparison you'll understand ,our president GEJ studied zoology that should show you that, what one studies especially in nigeria, has no bearing on the success one can attain.
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by baqina(m): 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
@OP, it is a very good course so failure has nothing to do with course of study but work of your hand. I think you have low self esteem and you need to work on that. You need to develop and believe in yourself to achieve anything in life, come to think of it, some people did not attend school and today they are billionaires.....Dele Momodu did Yoruba at undergraduate and today he is very successful, at a time he was one of the highest paind editor in Nigeria

Library science has to do with record keeping and this might be in government establishments, law firms,higher institutions,hospitals, private companies etc, some organisations refer to it as information resource management.

If you have ever been to goverment establishments you will know how relevant your work is but please make you have good knowledge of computer especially database management.

please i plead with you,THE COURSE IS A VERY GOOD ONE. If you are very good at it you can even set up your own firm and consult for people in the areas of record keeping and retrieval....Library science does not necessarily mean you will be a librarian, there are so many oppourtunities.

Note: i did not study library science, the organisation i work with spend millions on information storage, archiving and security.....please those are your calls.......start thinking now......
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by ugonna1054(m): 7:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
Olami90: i am findin it difficult to bliv dt d post is comin frm a university undergradute.
som pple wil com here soon to say if e no b university, e no fit b any other qualification.
they av forgotten dt it is nt degrees dt maks a man.
mtcheww.

OP there is no problem wit wot u are studying .u jst av to develop urself to be d best.b good @ wot u are doing.
left to me, i wil suggest u write jamb again to giv u chance to equip urself nd improve on ur communicatn skills.
No insult meant pls.
ther's no problem with his course is left to who but left to u, u suggest he re-writes jamb.....u av violated the law of contradiction cheesy cheesy
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by ugonna1054(m): 7:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
sisiafrika: shut up! Its " I'm " not " am ". I'm is the short of 'I am'. 'Am' doesn't come in!
can't u just correct d op politely?? U're mean..
Victomolola: Audacious! You always take pleasure in insulting people---which is uncouth. Suffice to say that, you are bereft of courtesy!
thank you sir!
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by ugonna1054(m): 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
Victomolola: Replying you, will make you think that you are a consequential person---while you are inconsequential. Be that as it may, I will reply you: your reasoning, using of malign words and action is preposterous, scurrilous and sacrilegious to human laid down precepts. You are undiscipline folk, an arrogant and nitwit!!! Finally, you can't even express yourself well in english. Although, I'm not perfect as well!!!
finish her........#Brutality#.....victomolola wins.... cheesy
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by ugonna1054(m): 7:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
@ op I'd say u re-take jamb...and chose ur desired course.....prepare hard for it...but on d other hand if u dnt get ur desired course after re-taking jamb, get a first class in library science..and u'll go places......
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
Oguntimmy: It is ''curse'' not cause!!..

#lol.. Na joku o.

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Ifeconwaba(m): 8:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
thank you lord who lead me to open this thread
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by sisiafrika(f): 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
herald9: Some comments are hidden... nice

That sisiafrika should be banned she's too uncouth
can u stop popping up in my 'mentions'?
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by sisiafrika(f): 9:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
Victomolola: Must you cause everybody?
u mean 'curse'? Mr Doctor, nawa for u o! Simple spelling!
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by sisiafrika(f): 9:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
Low self esteem be like:
Victomolola: Replying you, will make you think that you are a consequential person---while you are inconsequential. Be that as it may, I will reply you: your reasoning, using of malign words and action is preposterous, scurrilous and sacrillegious to human laid down precepts. You are undiscipline folk, an arrogant and nitwit!!! Finally, you can't even express yourself well in english. Although, I'm not perfect as well!!!
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
sisiafrika: u mean 'curse'? Mr Doctor, nawa for u o! Simple spelling!

Doctors mhen. gringrin
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by simplex2: 10:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
Library Science? Dude, stop wasting your school fees! Listen to your parents; you're lucky they have the will to fund your education if you want to start afresh. You're just too young, before you say jack, you're out of school and then face the labor market.

The bitter truth is that your chances of getting an employment is very-very limited!
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by deltateam: 10:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
BecaciaBarbie: Hummm...want the truth? try the next UME.

...I aint saying u cant mak it with the course you re studying! you can but it is only by GOD's grace! but then ask yourself, is this the will of God for you?

I wont blame your parents you know? imagine them telling a frd or colleague that their son is in the Uni, and when asked what course he is studying...they start stammering or they could even lie!

whichever way, follow your heart, but with your Brain.

Stammering on top library science? You can lie o.
Re: My Parents Thinks I Cant Succeed With The Course Am Studying In Uni by herald9: 11:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
sisiafrika: can u stop popping up in my 'mentions'?
damn u nid help... ur Psyche has been infected with insidious pathogen...like the viruses in all those zombie movies that turn an otherwise decent humans into bloodthirsty unkempt maniacs who are powerless to stop themselves from unleashing wrath upon the woefully underprepared masses...

I pity you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

O.A.U VS UNILORIN...ENTER HERE!!! / Lists Of Courses That Will Get You Employed After Graduation / Nigeria's Inflation: What UBA, GTB,OPAY Doesn't Want Their Customers To Find Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.