Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Anambra Robbery: Seven Policemen Still In Detention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Robbery: Seven Policemen Still In Detention (752 Views)

Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application / Dokpesi Shielded In Detention To Avert Assault By Inmates / Nnamdi Kanu's Sister Says DSS Men Are Trying To Kill Her Brother In Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Robbery: Seven Policemen Still In Detention by amadice(m): 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
The seven policemen attached to the Anambra State Government House who were on duty when a robbery incident took place in the house are still in detention for negligence of duty.

Also, unnamed civilian who made a suspicious call around 2.am on that day, 10 minutes before the incident, has also been arrested.

About thirteen days ago, eleven brain boxes of Hilux Vehicles were stolen at the government house, while two of the screens of the vehicles were equally smashed by the hoodlums.

Following the report to the state police command, the police men on duty on the day were arrested and taken to the B division of the state police command for interrogation.

The Nation gathered Wednesday, in Awka that the police men had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID’s) detention room.

When contacted on the fate of the arrested and detained policemen, the State Police Public Relations Officer, Emeka Chukwuemeka, said the incident was being investigated.

He said the command was working round the clock in making sure that justice was done.

The Nation also gathered that the policemen were sleeping when the incident happened, while the Hilux Buses, it was learnt arrived from Lagos same day.

A mechanic in Awka who pleaded anonymity, told the Nation that brain box of each Toyota Hilux costs between 80,000 to 90,000 naira.

One of the workers at the government house told the Nation that those women selling “Ogogoro” (hot drinks) at the back gate of the government house should be barred from staying their.

“Those people give drinks to the policemen and when they are drunk they go to sleep and I believe it was the reason why such thing happened”.

Meanwhile, the state command had already de-listed the policemen from going back to government house if they were released from detention, while their replacements had resumed work.

SOURCE: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/anambra-robbery-seven-policemen-still-in-detention/
Re: Anambra Robbery: Seven Policemen Still In Detention by divinegiftmodel: 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
huu anambra is in motion
Re: Anambra Robbery: Seven Policemen Still In Detention by Alamation(m): 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
Igbo people and armed robbery sha!
The love of money...
Re: Anambra Robbery: Seven Policemen Still In Detention by bloodykiller: 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
Alamation: Igbo people and armed robbery sha!
The love of money...

bastard.

amu gi ebea

1 Like

Re: Anambra Robbery: Seven Policemen Still In Detention by Theflint1(m): 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
bloodykiller:
I don't care if I die tomorrow, just happy I've finally forked my mum
bastard...amu gi ebea
Re: Anambra Robbery: Seven Policemen Still In Detention by bloodykiller: 7:21pm On Jul 23, 2014
Theflint1: fvcking my mother is my culture

i dont care mofooo bastard die by bomb idiotuu

otu nne gi ebeaa

die there bastard

vulture

ikpu nne gi ebeaa

ora nne ya
Re: Anambra Robbery: Seven Policemen Still In Detention by amadice(m): 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
Omo dis thread as nt been moved to FORNT PAGE and tribal war as already begun.

sharperns my cutlass, some1 head must roll on d floor

(1) (Reply)

The Words Daft And Clueless / PDP Actually Performed Well In Osun / Ebola Scare As Confab Reconvene Today To Finalize Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.