Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,649 members, 7,958,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:24 AM

Untold Stories Of Single Mothers - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Untold Stories Of Single Mothers (5833 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers / Effect Of Single Parenting On A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
shaybebaby:
Oh ephee, my heart goes out to you. It's going to be a long road ahead and you will be mocked and ridiculed like you can see from some stupid posts on this thread.
But you owe no one nothing and your happiness and that of your child is paramount.
There are good men out there should you decide to find love again but remember being with a man is not the sole path to happiness as is evident from your experience.
You can and will find happiness and contentment either alone or with someone else. I wish you all the best, well done you brave momma! kiss

Tanks so much shaybebaby u just blew my hart.aav found so much joy and relief which av been deprived of for over 2 yrs in d name of marriage.I wuld not want to try it in a long tym so that I can focus on my life and baby more.
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by shaybebaby(f): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2014
ephee:

Tanks so much shaybebaby u just blew my hart.aav found so much joy and relief which av been deprived of for over 2 yrs in d name of marriage.I wuld not want to try it in a long tym so that I can focus on my life and baby more.
Ofcourse it is still raw and you need time to heal from the hurt you have been through. But you will heal. One day at a time, slowly but surely you will find yourself again.
One thing that I find that helps me when I'm low is to take pleasure from the simple things around me.
Revel in your baby's laughter, dare to dream, enjoy the fact that you are not alone, you have that sweet child. That alone is source of happiness because there are some who went through similar experiences and left without even a child to call their own.
Find a support group, learn from those who have walked in shoes and triumphed, do things that make you happy, you are a babe. Most of all, hold your head high. It's not wrong to make a mistake however it is when you do and give up. Never give up my sister.
How old is your little one? A boy or girl?
I am asking because if you are like me, you can never talk enough of your bundle of joy, everything they do amazes me and ofcourse we are biased, our ones are the most clever, intelligent child to have ever walked the planet. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by troy20(m): 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
single parenting is as bad as its been made out to be i cant help saying this.buts its the bare truth not just as statistics proves but from experience.they grow up yearning to be filled up, some live on probably unaware of the obvious lack in themselvs.some lash out on society.
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 27, 2014
shaybebaby:
Ofcourse it is still raw and you need time to heal from the hurt you have been through. But you will heal. One day at a time, slowly but surely you will find yourself again.
One thing that I find that helps me when I'm low is to take pleasure from the simple things around me.
Revel in your baby's laughter, dare to dream, enjoy the fact that you are not alone, you have that sweet child. That alone is source of happiness because there are some who went through similar experiences and left without even a child to call their own.
Find a support group, learn from those who have walked in shoes and triumphed, do things that make you happy, you are a babe. Most of all, hold your head high. It's not wrong to make a mistake however it is when you do and give up. Never give up my sister.
How old is your little one? A boy or girl?
I am asking because if you are like me, you can never talk enough of your bundle of joy, everything they do amazes me and ofcourse we are biased, our ones are the most clever, intelligent child to have ever walked the planet. grin

Tanks.she is a girl.a year and 7 months
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by shaybebaby(f): 8:49pm On Jul 27, 2014
ephee:

Tanks.she is a girl.a year and 7 months
Aww bless. My little man is 2 years and 8 months.
May she always be a source of joy to you.

1 Like

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 29, 2014
shaybebaby:
Aww bless. My little man is 2 years and 8 months.
May she always be a source of joy to you.

Amen.Tanks maam,regards to littleman

1 Like

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by bilms(m): 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
how come this thread didn't reach the front page?
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
bilms: how come this thread didn't reach the front page?

Am stil wondering
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by MadCow1: 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2014
bilms: how come this thread didn't reach the front page?

I would tell you.. But some single mothers may find my comment offensive. undecided

So lets just say, its the will of God and the Mods that this thread never make the frontpage. grin

Hi Ladies.. grin Hope y'all are doing good. grin

OP:: What of Single fathers na?! angry
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
MadCow1:

I would tell you.. But some single mothers may find my comment offensive. undecided

So lets just say, its the will of God and the Mods that this thread never make the frontpage. grin

@madcow;so wats d beef about? Last tyme I checked,I didn't see 'single fathers'.it not compulsory u comment

1 Like

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by SAMBARRY: 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
Kanwulia: What a man can't do. . . .a woman can OUT-DO!!!! kiss
Thank awa lucky stars for SPERM-DONORS and SPERM-BANKS!!!! cool
I taya o.like the world revolves around them

single motherhood is a choice just like choice of career, marriage, lifestyle and eating habits. Baby mamas have chosen the life they want to live so why should that give another person headache undecided
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by SAMBARRY: 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
Do you too want to be a baby daddy aka spam donor? What's with the question
MadCow1:

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by MadCow1: 9:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
SAMBARRY: Do you too want to be a baby daddy aka spam donor? What's with the question

Why is this question riling you guys up? Or don't we have single fathers in Nigeria? I am simply asking if they can also share their stories.

1 Like

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by SAMBARRY: 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
Share your single fatherhood/spam donorship experience then.afterall baby mamma, baby daddy. Same ni undecided
MadCow1:

Why is this question riling you guys up? Or don't we have single fathers in Nigeria? I am simply asking if they can also share their stories.

1 Like

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by MadCow1: 10:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
SAMBARRY: Share your single fatherhood/spam donorship experience then.afterall baby mamma, baby daddy. Same ni undecided

undecided

1 Like

Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by EfemenaXY: 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
bilms: This page is dedicated to all single mothers. If you are a single mother, kindly narrate your story, the pain, the gain, the good, bad and the ugly. Advice you wish to share with people that might want to be a single mother like you. Just anything at all, feel free.

What a condescending post!

Must you mock them? Not all fingers are the same, mate.
Re: Untold Stories Of Single Mothers by SAMBARRY: 11:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

What a condescending post!

Must you mock them? Not all fingers are the same, mate.
no na.i don't think that's the ops intention.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Polygamy Essay: Men Having More Than One Wife / Your Husband Dies While Cheating On You / Caught With My Wife's Best Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.