Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,771 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers (23333 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? / Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by succyreal(m): 7:30am On Jul 21, 2014
Are you a single mother or father? what are your challenges? What are the lessons you learnt, and what are your experiences and advise?.

Non single parents contributions are welcome.

Matured and responsible discussions are allow.
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Lordabas: 7:54am On Jul 21, 2014
here are some statistics:
Father-deprived children are:
1. 72% of all teenage murderers.
2. 60% of rapists.
3. 70% of kids incarcerated.
4. twice as likely to quit school.
5. 11 times more likely to be violent.
6. 3 of 4 teen suicides.
7. 80% of the adolescents in psychiatric hospitals.
8. 90% of runaways

http://childrenneedb othparents.net/

statistically speaking, ^^thats what happens without a mother being present.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 21, 2014
Why did I book this space? I don't know what to say about them. lipsrsealed
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by publicenemy(m): 8:02am On Jul 21, 2014
Lordabas: here are some statistics:
2. 60% of rapists.
6. 3 of 4 teen suicides.
8. 90% of runaways

Absolutely
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2014
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 21, 2014
Anyway...for me sha oooo....it happened when I was a teen,i took in immediately i got disvirgined.....it wasn't funny then....going to school,,,the stigma,,the gossip,,,,breaking my family's heart,,,emotional,,,psychological,,,mental trauma(na die)....thank God I never did an abortion(i for done die of heart attack)....today am a better,,stronger,,prettier,,,classier lady......its been from one blessing to another since then(i can't fit shout).........I have learnt that love ain't sex,,relationship is for the matured in mind,,parents know your kids in and out,make them your best friend.....my advice is,,,no Sex before marriage(u r entitled to ur opinion so don't give me dat look)..,,love is not a feeling but a choice u make,,,,if it is easy getting the right partner we all would have been married by now so chill and be the best you can be(your own dey road)......brb.

114 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by succyreal(m): 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
onyaigo: Anyway...for me sha oooo....it happened when I was a teen,i took in immediately i got disvirgined.....it wasn't funny then....going to school,,,the stigma,,the gossip,,,,breaking my family's heart,,,emotional,,,psychological,,,mental trauma(na die)....thank God I never did an abortion(i for done die of heart attack)....today am a better,,stronger,,prettier,,,classier lady......its been from one blessing to another since then(i can't fit shout).........I have learnt that love ain't sex,,relationship is for the matured in mind,,parents know your kids in and out,make them your best friend.....my advice is,,,no Sex before marriage(u r entitled to ur opinion so don't give me dat look)..,,love is not a feeling but a choice u make,,,,if it is easy getting the right partner we all would have been married by now so chill and be the best you can be(your own dey road)......brb.
Hmmmm.. what a touching and educative experience. nice one

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
Lordabas: here are some statistics:
2. 60% of rapists.
6. 3 of 4 teen suicides.
8. 90% of runaways

Contradicting yourself mate. Plus i believe the list is exaggerated.

10 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by NaLaugh: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
Does virgin sperm donor with 128 offspring count? (single n searching) undecided
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Psychodavidovic(m): 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
Future Single Father...

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by technophile(m): 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
Don't Park Here!!

I also came here to read comments like you.

So Keep Scrolling!!

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by MrRhymes101(m): 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
My babe has been sleeping too much lately.....guess i will be a member of this thread soon

10 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Maczeelly(m): 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mak I siddon dey luk b4 I go tel ma own experience...............

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2014

11 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by 190theclown: 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
Where them husbands and wife's go shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Guykhena(m): 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
smiley #marking my attendance

1 Like

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by frainc(m): 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
Psychodavidovic: Future Single Father...
pls don't do that

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by babestell(f): 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
Someone close to me is a single mom and I know how tough it was for her. She lost her job when the boss found out. Imagine!!! Like how was it her business. Thank God for family that stood by her and protected her from public scorn. Now the kid is 2yrs and everything is fine.

The annoying thing is all those guys that come to marry her but put condition that she will leave the boy behind angry
I wonder how they just expect her to abandon her son

11 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
I grew up without a father, i'm an only child and I graduated at the age of 20, i'll be serving next month. I'm proud of who i've grown up to be.
My mom was an iron lady tho, she takes no nonsense. Died last year.

87 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Xsenga(f): 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
AYAM COMING. embarassed
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
NaLaugh: Does virgin sperm donor with 128 offspring count? undecided
Ure high on coconut water grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
190theclown: Where them husbands and wife's go shocked shocked
Don't you know the weather is cold ni, I bet dere someone locking lips smiley smiley
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by mustaphagreens(m): 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
onyaigo: Anyway...for me sha oooo.... it happened when I was a teen,i took in immediately i got disvirgined .....it wasn't funny then....going to school,,,the stigma,,the gossip,,,,breaking my family's heart,,,emotional,,,psychological,,,mental trauma(na die)....thank God I never did an abortion(i for done die of heart attack)....today am a better,,stronger,,prettier,,,classier lady......its been from one blessing to another since then(i can't fit shout).........I have learnt that love ain't sex,,relationship is for the matured in mind,,parents know your kids in and out,make them your best friend.....my advice is,,,no Sex before marriage(u r entitled to ur opinion so don't give me dat look)..,,love is not a feeling but a choice u make,,,,if it is easy getting the right partner we all would have been married by now so chill and be the best you can be(your own dey road)......brb.
Pictures or i don't believe the bolded... cheesy lol just kidding you.
It takes real guts and courage to share such experience as yours with people maybe it was easy for you because you'd long moved on with your life. Anyways I pray you find a good husband who'd be willing to take you in with the kid (trust me that's usually very challenging). Thumbs up woman i love your courage or should i say Bravery.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by philtex(m): 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
Abeg Who Get BB charger Here? :/ sad

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by RAO1(m): 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
my girl must have something to say....she's a single mother. ..lemme ask her in detail... brb
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
for everyone sharing their stories, you guys are brave. And I love you for that. how will we all learn if everybody keeps claiming to have a clean slate. this is a serious thread, not meant for kids please

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
onyaigo: Anyway...for me sha oooo....it happened when I was a teen,i took in immediately i got disvirgined.....it wasn't funny then....going to school,,,the stigma,,the gossip,,,,breaking my family's heart,,,emotional,,,psychological,,,mental trauma(na die)....thank God I never did an abortion(i for done die of heart attack)....today am a better,,stronger,,prettier,,,classier lady......its been from one blessing to another since then(i can't fit shout).........I have learnt that love ain't sex,,relationship is for the matured in mind,,parents know your kids in and out,make them your best friend.....my advice is,,,no Sex before marriage(u r entitled to ur opinion so don't give me dat look)..,,love is not a feeling but a choice u make,,,,if it is easy getting the right partner we all would have been married by now so chill and be the best you can be(your own dey road)......brb.
My own parents no longer love each other, they divorced when I was 6.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by adexsimply(m): 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
cool cool cool
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by philtex(m): 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
How Will A Mother Be Single?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
babestell: Someone close to me is a single mom and I know how tough it was for her. She lost her job when the boss found out. Imagine!!! Like how was it her business. Thank God for family that stood by her and protected her from public scorn. Now the kid is 2yrs and everything is fine.

The annoying thing is all those guys that come to marry her but put condition that she will leave the boy behind angry
I wonder how they just expect her to abandon her son
Na crazy dey do dem. Awon oniranu.

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by philtex(m): 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Many Units Of Electricity Goes For 1000 Naira. / Baby Sleep Myths Every Parent Should Know / Beef The Other Woman? - What Not To Do!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.