Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,703 members, 7,827,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 (14699 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / Word Of Faith Convention 2014 Starts Today / Amazing Miracles Awaits You At Christ Elects Convention 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 26, 2014
I really really want to make Heaven...if for nothing but to see the reactions of people when they meet someone they are not too fond of sharing a table with them. grin grin grin

Didn't know a very trivial matter, such as tithe giving, can cause so much disunity. I would understand when people hate me as a Catholic, but tithe That is ridiculously laughable. undecided
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Candour(m): 8:43am On Jul 26, 2014
striktlymi: I really really want to make Heaven...if for nothing but to see the reactions of people when they meet someone they are not too fond of sharing a table with them. grin grin grin

Didn't know a very trivial matter, such as tithe giving, can cause so much disunity. I would understand when people hate me as a Catholic, but tithe That is ridiculously laughable. undecided

Why should anybody hate you because you're a member of the Roman catholic church?

Why should any catholic hate a protestant or a Pentecostal because they don't submit to the Pope?

Why should paying tithe or not paying tithe cause any hatred?

I don't hate Muslims so why should catholics be recipients of 'my hatred'?

I can understand being frustrated because the other party can't seem to understand my position but degenerating to hate?? It beggars belief actually.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 8:45am On Jul 26, 2014
I like the idea of unity that is being foistered here but since you guys branded tithers "fraudsters", then it means that "fraudsters" like Bidam, Image123 and OLAADEGBU shouldn't have been included in your list. Since when did fraudsters become bible teachers? "Is Saul among the prophet? grin
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Yooguyz: 8:51am On Jul 26, 2014
Guys! Please stop the name calling and accusations. we really need to put all these aside. To those that have been called names please forgive. To those who call names, please stop.

Goshen360 and Drummaboy, words like these should be censored and barred from the convention thread. Please.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 26, 2014
alexleo: I like the idea of unity that is being foistered here but since you guys branded tithers "fraudsters", then it means that "fraudsters" like Bidam, Image123 and OLAADEGBU shouldn't have been included in your list. Since when did fraudsters become bible teachers? "Is Saul among the prophet? grin
grin dem for turn am to ecumenical fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Candour(m): 9:02am On Jul 26, 2014
alexleo: I like the idea of unity that is being foistered here but since you guys branded tithers "fraudsters", then it means that "fraudsters" like Bidam, Image123 and OLAADEGBU shouldn't have been included in your list. Since when did fraudsters become bible teachers? "Is Saul among the prophet? grin

Hi alexleo, I'm sure you saw the thread titled 'non tithers are criminals' on the first page?

The name calling and hate is on both sides of the divide. Both sides are guilty pls
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by PastorKun(m): 9:03am On Jul 26, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Thanks but no thanks for the ecumenical invitation extended to me. smiley

But that won't stop you from poking your nose into the convention thread abi?
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 26, 2014
Candour:

Why should anybody hate you because you're a member of the Roman catholic church?

Why should any catholic hate a protestant or a Pentecostal because they don't submit to the Pope?

Why should paying tithe or not paying tithe cause any hatred?

I don't hate Muslims so why should catholics be recipients of 'my hatred'?

I can understand being frustrated because the other party can't seem to understand my position but degenerating to hate?? It beggars belief actually.

You may not hate and probably others may say the same but the display shown here demonstrates a strong dislike for people (not necessarily what they do) which defines hatred perfectly.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by PastorKun(m): 9:07am On Jul 26, 2014

I am yet to see a thread were tithers are labelled as "fraudsters" what i see is people labelling tithe collectors and preachers fraudsters. Tithers are at best a victim of this fraud and we actually sympathise with them and not call then names.

3 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Candour(m): 9:07am On Jul 26, 2014
striktlymi:

You may not hate and probably others may say the same but the display shown here demonstrates a strong dislike for people (not necessarily what they do) which defines hatred perfectly.

I know and agree with you.

Its been a worry to me since the first day I got involved in the religion section. In fact the responses I got to my first series of posts after registering almost made me run away from this forum.

My belief has always being that 'we can disagree without being disagreeable'

Nothing can change that particular belief of mine
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 26, 2014
Candour:

I know and agree with you.

Its been a worry to me since the first day I got involved in the religion section. In fact the responses I got to my first series of posts after registering almost made me run away from this forum.

My belief has always being that 'we can disagree without being disagreeable'

Nothing can change that particular belief of mine

Precisely! You just defined ecumenism which a lot of folks are upset about. Different but united!
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:27am On Jul 26, 2014
Bidam: You know exactly what am talking about.cheesy

You can elucidate.

EDITED.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:34am On Jul 26, 2014
I want to thank all who have shown willingness to partake of the convention.

We await Goshen360 provide the theme for this year and then we can proceed to design the program and nominate topics as well as teachers.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 9:43am On Jul 26, 2014
PastorKun:

I am yet to see a thread were tithers are labelled as "fraudsters" what i see is people labelling tithe collectors and preachers fraudsters. Tithers are at best a victim of this fraud and we actually sympathise with them and not call then names.

Bro you know what I mean. The battle and name calling has always been between you guys and the people I mentioned.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by PastorKun(m): 9:51am On Jul 26, 2014
alexleo:

Bro you know what I mean. The battle and name calling has always been between you guys and the people I mentioned.

I don't know what you mean, it's not nice to quote people out of context thereby mis representing their position. You should learn to be more specific thereby avoiding unnecessary generalisations.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 10:07am On Jul 26, 2014
striktlymi:

I don't think we can say that its hatred. A lot of disagreements come up in our discussions here though sometimes we go far in name calling yet I don't see hatred in it. I still advice we change. We can raise issues on doctrines that we think are against the scriptures but we shouldn't let it generate to hatred. In three different catholic occassions that I attended, the priests that preached were wonderful. They preached sound word of God so it doesn't mean that everything about catholic is wrong. No church is perfect.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Gombs(m): 10:29am On Jul 26, 2014
PastorKun:

Kunle, but I am a tither, so are pastors too...the term tithe collector which u coined is quite baffling, which on several occasions, u have termed me as one

Amongst so many names uv called me this one is the classic, and anytime I remember, I burst into epileptic laughter

Pathological liar + chronic tithe collector,  grin
https://www.nairaland.com/1454770/testimonies-why-stopped-tithing-here/2#18583236

Umm, the other classic is "you are the worse and most greedy tithe collector I've ever seen"

From ur above quote in bold, it proves u have double standards, cos instead of sympathising with me, u insult me with all form or written excreta (which at most times are hilariously funny). Now, to u, every person that supports tithing is a tithe preacher and fraudster, then like alex asked, why then are fraudsters invited to teach in the 'Grace convention'? You lot are now benevolent enough to extend 'grace' to fraudsters to teach what exactly?

Would u invite a tithe teacher to ur gathering of brethren and have him tell ur flock he believes in tithing fro ur pulpit? Just like how DB was asked to teach the flock of another pastor, and he went and preached his own message against what the preacher teaches his own flock- that’s ministerial blunder. It reminds me of what Jesus said about such people
John 10 KJV
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2  But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3  To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4  And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5  And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

From the above fraudsters should not be invited in a covention , cos from day one, they have questionable characters

3 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 26, 2014
DrummaBoy:

You can elucidate.

EDITED.
No need, your heart has got my point.cheesy
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by shdemidemi(m): 11:05am On Jul 26, 2014
The day we separate completely the nation of Israel even in the New Testament from the Church, the Body of Christ then all the contradictions disappear. All of the major questions disappear. And every thing becomes so sensible.

But, most are just too loyal to their conventional and mainstream gathering that it beclouds and place a veil over their eyes to see.

God bless all.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by PastorKun(m): 11:41am On Jul 26, 2014
Gombs:

Would u invite a tithe teacher to ur gathering of brethren and have him tell ur flock he believes in tithing fro ur pulpit? Just like how DB was asked to teach the flock of another pastor, and he went and preached his own message against what the preacher teaches his own flock- that’s ministerial blunder. It reminds me of what Jesus said about such people

So in your deluded opinion the flock now belongs to the pastor I thought the flock belongs to Christ and it's true gospel that should be preach to them whether the Pastor likes it or not.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 11:57am On Jul 26, 2014
PastorKun:

I don't know what you mean, it's not nice to quote people out of context thereby mis representing their position. You should learn to be more specific thereby avoiding unnecessary generalisations.

I did not say anything strange. Gombs made some points on it.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
Candour:

Hi alexleo, I'm sure you saw the thread titled 'non tithers are criminals' on the first page?

The name calling and hate is on both sides of the divide. Both sides are guilty pls

I don't think I saw the thread. There are threads I don't read. Even if I had seen it I may not bother to read it. I don't read every thread.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Candour(m): 12:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
alexleo:

I don't think I saw the thread. There are threads I don't read. Even if I had seen it I may not bother to read it. I don't read every thread.

Here's the thread https://www.nairaland.com/1809900/non-tithers-criminals

Just like you I don't read neither do i comment on every thread. I only saw it because my moniker was mentioned. Go through it and I believe you'll understand why i wrote what you quoted.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
Candour:

Just like you I don't read neither do i comment on every thread. I only saw it because my moniker was mentioned. Go through it and I believe you'll understand why i wrote what you quoted.
Was it the guy that called non tithers criminals or was it the bible that says so?cheesy
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Gombs(m): 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
PastorKun:

So in your deluded opinion the flock now belongs to the pastor I thought the flock belongs to Christ and it's true gospel that should be preach to them whether the Pastor likes it or not.

every flock has a shepherd...that is why every church has its own pastor,who christ has made a shepherd over those He has ordained the pastor to have. go to hebrews and study about followership. Paul said "follow me as i follow christ"

by the way,of all i posted,na only this one gv u migraine? grin
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
Gombs:
every flock has a shepherd...that is why every church has its own pastor,who christ has made a shepherd over those He has ordained the pastor to have. go to hebrews and study about followership. Paul said "follow me as i follow christ"

In the early church each church branch ( based on location not denomination ) had a plural of elders or pastors or shepherds ( can be used interchangeably ) who were responsible to oversee the general well being of the sheep and guide against false doctrine.

The church model with one man as the pastor while others sit in subservient posts is totally contrary to scripture and rather emulates the CEO structure of worldly corporations. Just like the CEOs , Pastors are hugely preoccupied with collecting money from its member and balancing the books to make sure their enterprises or franchise businesses do not go under. They are therefore trying to serve God and money at the same time which we all know is next to impossible.

Any pastor who says he owns a church is a charlatan, wolf and in some cases an outright crook.

2 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
Gombs:

Now, to u, every person that supports tithing is a tithe preacher and fraudster, then like alex asked, why then are fraudsters invited to teach in the 'Grace convention'? You lot are now benevolent enough to extend 'grace' to fraudsters to teach what exactly?

Would u invite a tithe teacher to ur gathering of brethren and have him tell ur flock he believes in tithing fro ur pulpit? Just like how DB was asked to teach the flock of another pastor, and he went and preached his own message against what the preacher teaches his own flock- that’s ministerial blunder.

From the above fraudsters should not be invited in a covention , cos from day one, they have questionable characters
DrummaBoy:

"'We played the flute for you, and you did not dance ; we sang a dirge , and you did not mourn.' Matthew 11:17 ESV

Bidam: Quite unfortunate you left out seasoned
teachers of the word like Olaadegbu,
Joagbaje,Image123,Ihedinobi,Alwaystrue,Snowwy
etc.. Just because they don't share your views on
doctrinal tithes doesn't mean they don't have one
or two things to say on the issue of grace.
This OP is a glaring evidence that you have
divided yourselves into camps which is really
pathetic.I can see atheist and others peeping at
this thread and smiling with mock
satisfaction.What in God's name gave you the
impression that the catholic folks can't be
included as presenters too?Who are you to judge
other peoples foundational beliefs so far it is
centered on Christ?.
This thread is a big shame!!!
We are NOT one body at all....

www.nairaland.com/1407328/first-ever-e-convention-grace-2013

22 August 2013. Comment hidden but copied from a quote.

That is the reason for the invitations.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Gombs(m): 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
Candour:

d bible expressly called non tither robbers,hence criminals. pls show me where d bible called tithers "gullible" or pastor who teach tithing "scammers", "thieves on the pulpit" "fraudsters" etc. or you wan deny the use of one all more of the enquoted adjectives?

ayam waitin for an answer
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Bidam: Quite unfortunate you left out seasoned
teachers of the word like Olaadegbu,
Joagbaje,Image123,Ihedinobi,Alwaystrue,Snowwy
etc.. Just because they don't share your views on
doctrinal tithes doesn't mean they don't have one
or two things to say on the issue of grace.
This OP is a glaring evidence that you have
divided yourselves into camps which is really
pathetic.I can see atheist and others peeping at
this thread and smiling with mock
satisfaction.What in God's name gave you the
impression that the catholic folks can't be
included as presenters too?Who are you to judge
other peoples foundational beliefs so far it is
centered on Christ?.
This thread is a big shame!!!
We are NOT one body at all....

www.nairaland.com/1407328/first-ever-e-convention-grace-2013

22 August 2013. Comment hidden but copied from a quote.

That is the reason for the invitations.
I thought back then we are one, but there is a change of thinking now. You can continue with your grace convention without my input. Quite busy these days.cheesy
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
Bidam: I thought back then we are one, but there is a change of thinking now. You can continue with your grace convention without my input. Quite busy these days.cheesy

It is noted.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Gombs(m): 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
frosbel:

In the early church each church branch ( based on location not denomination ) had a plural of elders or pastors or shepherds ( can be used interchangeably ) who were responsible to oversee the general well being of the sheep and guide against false doctrine.

The church model with one man as the pastor while others sit in subservient posts is totally contrary to scripture and rather emulates the CEO structure of worldly corporations. Just like the CEOs , Pastors are hugely preoccupied with collecting money from its member and balancing the books to make sure their enterprises or franchise businesses do not go under. They are therefore trying to serve God and money at the same time which we all know is next to impossible.

Any pastor who says he owns a church is a charlatan, wolf and in some cases an outright crook.

See bitterness na grin
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by PastorKun(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
Gombs:

You actually posted a lot of crap, I just couldn't be bothered to address all since you are so unwilling to learn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Do Yoruba Movies Promote Babalawos? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today / Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.