Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 (14680 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / Word Of Faith Convention 2014 Starts Today / Amazing Miracles Awaits You At Christ Elects Convention 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by trustman: 8:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
DrummaBoy: Thank you

MarkMiwerds
Alwaystrue
Ihedinobi2
Yooguyz
MrAnony1
PastorOluT

for accepting your nominations.

We await

BabaGnoni
trustman

to accept or decline their nominations as presenters at the convention.

Deadline for accepting/declining nominations is 8:00pm tomorrow, Nigerian time.

I accept.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 8:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
trustman:

I accept.

Thank you sir.

Awaiting BabaGnoni.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by BabaGnoni: 8:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Thank you sir.

Awaiting BabaGnoni.

Accepted
Thank you God for the grace etc etc.
thank you @FortresOfChrist(f), @MrAnony1(m), @trustman, @flourishG(m) and @PastorKun(m) for the nomination
and thank you spyglaxx for the flyer, Goshen360 and DrummaBoy for organising.

2 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
Thanks @ everyone. All nominees accepted their nominations. We should move on to vote one more WHILE we await the topics from D'boy, both of us have concluded on the topics and D'boy will list them out soon.

Thank you all.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
BabaGnoni:

Accepted
Thank you God for the grace etc etc.
thank you @FortresOfChrist(f), @MrAnony1(m), @trustman, @flourishG(m) and @ PastorKun(m) for the nomination
and thank you spyglaxx for the flyer, Goshen360 and DrummaBoy for organising.

Thank you BabaGnoni for accepting our nomination.

@Goshen360

All eight individuals have accepted their nominations. We still have the ninth space left. I go with the earlier suggestion to do a quick vote among all those with two votes which are:

truthislight
ichuka
striktlymi
italo

If this suggestion is accepted, I tender my nominee among the four:

striktlymi

I believe strikt will bring in the required balance to the denominational set up of the presenters since he is Catholic.

He is one Catholic however with a heart for God.

I recommend him heartily and I urge you all to vote for him.

Also, if this is received, permit me to request votes on the last four to cease 8:00am tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
Goshen360: Thanks @ everyone. All nominees accepted their nominations. We should move on to vote one more WHILE we await the topics from D'boy, both of us have concluded on the topics and D'boy will list them out soon.

Thank you all.

[size=20pt]TOPICS FOR GRACE CONVENTION 2014[/size]

Please study each topic and choose which one you can present on. It's on a "first come, first take" basis. Therefore whatever topic has been chosen cannot be taken by you anymore.

The topic for discussion is written out there. What's in the bracket is the subject which the topic is addressing.

Please you may ask questions in regards to the topics listed where there are some vagueness.

1. (Genesis): The New Creation in Christ & our inheritance

2. (Social Issues): The Christian and his Environment.

3. (Power of the Spirit): The Power of the Holy Spirit in Christian Living.

4. (Unity/Ecumenism): Towards a United Christian Voice on Nairaland and Elsewhere.

5. (Grace 1): The Demands of the Law and the Supply of the grace of God.

6. (Church History): Where Did We Come From and Where are We Headed?

7. (Christian Ministry): The Ministry, Life and the Message.

8. (Grace 2): The wonders of God's Grace

9. (Nigeria): An Emerging Nigeria via the Gospel.

Thank you gentlemen and lady.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
I vote striktlytmi
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Alwaystrue(f): 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
With the help of God and His grace I will like to discuss:
(Grace 1): The Demands of the Law and the Supply of the grace of God.

2 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2014
^ His Grace is sufficient for you. Thank you.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
8. (Grace 2): The wonders of God's Grace
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by trustman: 12:02am On Aug 04, 2014
I would like to discuss:
3. (Power of the Spirit): The Power of the Holy Spirit in Christian Living.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 5:31am On Aug 04, 2014
In regards to topics, 3,5 and 8 have been taken.

We are left with 1, 2, 4 , 6, 7 and 9.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 5:41am On Aug 04, 2014
Concerning the last man, the ninth presenter, I am concerned that we are already choosing topics without him (we didn't factor this in earlier)

For this reason I request the house to permit a speed up to his choice. striktlymi has garnered 5 votes so far. And on that basis I declare him the 9th presenter.

Striktlymi, do you accept your nomination? If you do...

Number 2, The Christian and his Enviroment, Social Issues, was your suggestion. Do wish to present on this or you will take another topic.

Any objection to this can be raised.

Thank you.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 04, 2014
DrummaBoy: Concerning the last man, the ninth presenter, I am concerned that we are already choosing topics without him (we didn't factor this in earlier)

For this reason I request the house to permit a speed up to his choice. striktlymi has garnered 5 votes so far. And on that basis I declare him the 9th presenter.

Striktlymi, do you accept your nomination? If you do...

Number 2, The Christian and his Enviroment, Social Issues, was your suggestion. Do wish to present on this or you will take another topic.

Any objection to this can be raised.

Thank you.

I thank everyone for the nomination. Though I would have preferred we keep to the time line (8a.m) already decided on but since I have the said number of nominations, I accept and confirm it tentatively.

If someone else gets a higher number of nominations before 8a.m then I would have no choice but to step down for the individual. The others can go ahead and pick their topics. I don't have an issue with it.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by brainpulse: 6:48am On Aug 04, 2014
To make the discuss/ teaching more healthy and interesting, I will suggest the organisers comes up with standing rules that will promote orderliness in presentations, respect of opinions and doctrines and recess that will allow outsiders participate, ask interrogating questions and keep abay if neccessary. The rules should be well understood and accepted by the participants.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Candour(m): 7:17am On Aug 04, 2014
striktlymi:

I thank everyone for the nomination. Though I would have preferred we keep to the time line (8a.m) already decided on but since I have the said number of nominations, I accept and confirm it tentatively.

If someone else gets a higher number of nominations before 8a.m then I would have no choice but to step down for the individual. The others can go ahead and pick their topics. I don't have an issue with it.

I nominate striktlymi
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 7:46am On Aug 04, 2014
striktlymi:

That's fine.

Though we have about 15 minutes to the proposed deadline for the nominations and already you have 6 nominations. I am not sure anyone will beat that.

lol.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 7:49am On Aug 04, 2014
brainpulse: To make the discuss/ teaching more healthy and interesting, I will suggest the organisers comes up with standing rules that will promote orderliness in presentations, respect of opinions and doctrines and recess that will allow outsiders participate, ask interrogating questions and keep abay if neccessary. The rules should be well understood and accepted by the participants.

These are the rules already proposed:

DrummaBoy: [size=20pt] PROPOSED RULES FOR THE CONVENTIONS: For Presenters and Audience[/size]

1. Presentations should occupy only two posts with minimum of 2000 words and max 4000.

2. We encourage a neat presentation for ease of readability. If possible employing bold, italics, coloring and other nl editing features for aesthetics and enhance readership.

3. Presenters will be divided into three each for a day. Each presenter may state what time of each day is most convenient to make their posts.

4. Audience are encouraged to present their questions in a concise and straight to the point manner for a presenter only after a presenter has made his/her presentation.

5. Audience are not to ask presenters "leading" questions which are designed to ridicule a presenter. A presenter may decline to answer a question if they so wish

6. Goshen360 and DrummaBoy shall act as moderators to ensure order and to protect presenters from attacks.

7. Use of foul languages are prohibited on the convention thread. All nairaland forum rules subsist here too.

Please let us discuss the proposed rules with the intention of adding to them or subtracting. I shall be adding other rules as I remember them.

In the light of your suggestions, can you draft out other rules to add to these and we will look at them here.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by spyglaxx: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
Oga drummaboy please give us the date and the names of speakers.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
spyglaxx: Oga drummaboy please give us the date and the names of speakers.

[size=20pt] PRESENTERS AT GRACE CONVENTION 2014[/size]

1. Yooguyz

2. Ihedinobi2

3. MrAnony1

4. PastorOluT

5. Alwaystrue

6. BabaGnoni

7. trustman

8. MarkMiwerds

9. Striktlymi

Date of convention is still pending.

We are still sorting out the following:

1. Choosing topics by presenters. Which I request all presenters should hasten on.

2. Finalizing on rules and regulations. Which I request that all presenters should make their opinion known on because when the final rules are drafted, they will be binding on all.

3. Organizers will bring out a timetable for the convention after topics have been chosen. Program will cover three days with three presentations a day.

That's about all delaying us.

Thank you for the post. I had forgotten I was to present the names of our teachers formally.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 3:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
^ On the rules guiding the presentation, I suggest we eliminate NUMBER ONE rules. The reason being, someone's topic might require him\her to give intensive teachings so we shouldn't limit them to 2000 - 4000 words. It shouldn't be limited to TWO posts. It can be broken down to smaller post, readable depending on the length of the presentation but it shouldn't be a long post in a single post to allow readability for those who don't like reading long post. However, it should be given a proper formatting on the text and more importantly, easy to read and not too long at a single post but can be presented in as many as teacher deem it fit. We should give freedom to the teacher's intensive teaching.

Every other guiding rules are okay.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by spyglaxx: 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
Well done .eku use Oluwa .Oluwa aso agbara dotun.

2 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
Goshen360: ^ On the rules guiding the presentation, I suggest we eliminate NUMBER ONE rules. The reason being, someone's topic might require him\her to give intensive teachings so we shouldn't limit them to 2000 - 4000 words. It shouldn't be limited to TWO posts. It can be broken down to smaller post, readable depending on the length of the presentation but it shouldn't be a long post in a single post to allow readability for those who don't like reading long post. However, it should be given a proper formatting on the text and more importantly, easy to read and not too long at a single post but can be presented in as many as teacher deem it fit. We should give freedom to the teacher's intensive teaching.

Every other guiding rules are okay.

OK Goshen. Your suggestion is fine with me.

But can I request we hear from some of the presenters themselves, what they think about the number of words. My fear is with monotony; the tendency for presentations getting too long and discouraging reading. I think giving limits to the number of words is not totally anti freedom.

Tgirl4real organized debates recently on the family section and limits where given to the number of words. It didn't hinder the presenters from making solid presentations.

The tithe tract I designed at first was just about 1,400 words and I think I got much of my argument out. What we might request is still to maintain some limits but give liberty to additions; though the presenter must state how much more words he/she needs to add.

Please let's hear what the presenters have to say since they are the ones doing the teaching. Then we can conclude.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
^ Okay. I also support conciseness and straight to the point but what I'm saying is, some topics might need to thoroughly taught which will demand more post than another. And some will be short presentation. Anyway, let's hear from speakers themselves if there's any suggestion from any of them.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
I understand what Goshen is saying as far as the length of a post shouldn't be too long.

My wife has said more than once that she will not read someone's post if it is too long.

It does tend to lose the reader's attention.

Breaking it up into several smaller posts does help, imo.

I don't see the posts, but I do hear them. And often, it is in my mind "Get to the point, please" when the post goes on for too long a time.

I am not sure what is lost between an actual assembly of Believers who are assembled to hear a message that may be 35,40, or even 50 minutes, and an online post that takes 20, mayby 25 minutes to read. But something is lost nevertheless. People do not care to read for great lengths but will listen to greater lengths. Maybe it is the eyes get tired.

My suggestion? leave the amount of words open and extend the number of posts with the thought that some may need to rest their eyes as Goshen has suggested.

I love to hear good preaching, so I wish it was some way to actually see and hear the person who is doing the presentatioin. 50 minutes would seem as if they were just a few. But Nairaland does not afford that luxury. LOL
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
MarkMiwerds

Did you see my Facebook message?
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by MarkMiwerds(m): 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
DrummaBoy: MarkMiwerds

Did you see my Facebook message?
My Brother, I received and heard the message, yes.

I have been working on a "Wonders of Grace" presentation that I can keep under the 4,000 word limit.

Thank you, Sir!
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by ihedinobi2: 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
I'm very glad indeed to see a topic on Christian Unity. When I thought that we would be presenting on topics we ourselves came up with I decided on a topic on Unity.

May I suggest though that the topic be changed to Unity of Faith Versus Unity of Doctrine? I offer that because I think it is more universal and practical in addressing the current issue of apparent Christian disunity. I also consider that a united Christian voice comes from a united Christian heart.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
ihedinobi2: I'm very glad indeed to see a topic on Christian Unity. When I thought that we would be presenting on topics we ourselves came up with I decided on a topic on Unity.

May I suggest though that the topic be changed to Unity of Faith Versus Unity of Doctrine? I offer that because I think it is more universal and practical in addressing the current issue of apparent Christian disunity. I also consider that a united Christian voice comes from a united Christian heart.

Do you wish to have that topic for your presentation?

Because if you do, I will grant that you make the change in the topic and present on it.

If not, I will request you leave the topic that way as whoever might want to present on it may have no need for the change your are proposing.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by ihedinobi2: 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Do you wish to have that topic for your presentation?

Because if you do, I will grant that you make the change in the topic and present on it.

If not, I will request you leave the topic that way as whoever might want to present on it may have no need for the change your are proposing.
Yes I would love to. I meant to mention that I had chosen it. Oversight on my part.

Thank you for the permission anyway.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Tgirl4real(f): 9:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
ihedinobi2: I'm very glad indeed to see a topic on Christian Unity. When I thought that we would be presenting on topics we ourselves came up with I decided on a topic on Unity.

hmm...I am eager to see how this topic will be presented from a scriptural stand point.

Does the bible actually preach such "message of Christian Unity" where we are united in heart and not in doctrine? How possible can that be?!!!

I am eager to learn.

[size=5pt]Now, I wish I was presenting. #Sobs[/size] grin
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by JesusisLord85: 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
Tgirl4real:

hmm...I am eager to see how this topic will be presented from a scriptural stand point.

Does the bible actually preach such "message of Christian Unity" where we are united in heart and not in doctrine? How possible can that be?!!!

I am eager to learn.

[size=5pt]Now, I wish I was presenting. #Sobs[/size] grin

Confusion. Tgirl, when I used to frequent this place a year ago, I though Obadiah, Most High and I had free'd you from this oyinbo delusion.
You are of the House of Israel. Flee from these blind guides.

Secondly, you are a woman and are not permitted to teach men. But this oyinbo religion is based on rebellion.

Shalom

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat / YouTube Needs Prayers – Prophet TB Joshua (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.