Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 (14675 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / Word Of Faith Convention 2014 Starts Today / Amazing Miracles Awaits You At Christ Elects Convention 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by PastorKun(m): 1:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
italo:

The fairytale is to claim that you were in Galilee and Jerusalem when Jesus spoke.

That is not even a fairytale. That is a manifestation of your mental problem.

You heard about Jesus from the Catholic Church.

So did the whole world.

grin

When would you stop spreading this vicious lie? The ethopian orthodox church traces it's history all the way back to the ethopian eunuch in the new testament and their church still exists today with their bible independent of the catholic church. Likewise a few other early churches which was established by the apostles. The luck RCC had was that it was able to ride on the back of the Roman empire to become the dominant denomination. They are certainly not the oldest denomination.

6 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Ubenedictus(m): 9:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
DrummaBoy: [size=20pt] PROPOSED RULES FOR THE CONVENTION: For Presenters and Audience[/size]

edited

1. Presentations should occupy only two or three posts with minimum of 2000 words and max 4000.

2. We encourage a neat presentation for ease of readability. If possible employing bold, italics, coloring and other nl editing features for aesthetics and enhance readership.

3. Presenters will be divided into three each for a day. Each presenter may state what time of each day is most convenient to make their posts.

4. Audience are encouraged to present their questions in a concise and straight to the point manner for a presenter only after a presenter has made his/her presentation.

5. Audience are not to ask presenters "leading" questions which are designed to ridicule a presenter. A presenter may decline to answer a question if they so wish

6. Goshen360 and DrummaBoy shall act as moderators to ensure order and to protect presenters from attacks.

7. Use of foul languages are prohibited on the convention thread. All nairaland forum rules subsist here too.

8. Only individuals with monickers that have been nominated and have accepted their nominations on this thread are permitted to make presentation on the topics of the convention or in other topic. Anyone who flaunts this rule shall banned.

9. The audience are advised to refrain from posting in between presentations by participants. Anyone who breeches this rule will have his comment hidden. They however have full liberty to comment or ask questions after presentation have been made.

what rule guides the audience when they disagree with the speaker and wish to make their differing points known.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Ubenedictus(m): 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
PastorKun:

I don't want to derail this thread anymore but I am shocked that despite all your noise, you are not enlightened enough to know that there is a big difference btw the universal church(also called catholic) which started in the first century and the roman catholic church which was institutionalised by constantine in the fourth century AD. If you want to drag this any further open another thread and I would come and expose your ignorance their. Stop derailing this thread.

why not open a new thread and drag this argument there?

Italo, this thread is for the e-grace convention, i think that should be respected, make another thread and drag the argument there.

3 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Ubenedictus(m): 9:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
PastorKun:

When would you stop spreading this vicious lie? The ethopian orthodox church traces it's history all the way back to the ethopian eunuch in the new testament and their church still exists today with their bible independent of the catholic church. Likewise a few other early churches which was established by the apostles. The luck RCC had was that it was able to ride on the back of the Roman empire to become the dominant denomination. They are certainly not the oldest denomination.

hehehe...

I think the question is "where there any such think as denominations then?".

You were either a part of the catholic church or you were a heretic....

Anyway, discussion for another day and another thread.

This is still the e-convention thread, lets keep the stoories for another day.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Image123(m): 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
Did i just read 'empty head'? Make una take am easy oh. My church is better than your church fa.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 4:13am On Aug 11, 2014
[size=20pt] COUNTDOWN TO GRACE CONVENTION 2014[/size]

[size=32pt] 3 DAYS TO GO!!![/size]
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 7:24am On Aug 11, 2014
PastorKun:

Olodo.

The Ethiopian orthodox church only got its patriachate from the Egyptian orthodox church (coptic) in 1959. The Coptic church split from the Catholic church in 451 , along with around 500 bishops within the Patriarchates of Alexandria, Antioch and Jerusalem when they refused to accept the Dyophysitism (two natures) doctrine decreed by the Council of Chalcedon in 451.

These things are well documented.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 7:30am On Aug 11, 2014
Image123: Did i just read 'empty head'? Make una take am easy oh. My church is better than your church fa.

Oh...I see.

You didn't read when someone called 1.4billion catholics and billions more of our ancestors "liars"

God save us from hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:31am On Aug 11, 2014
italo:

Oh...I see.

You didn't read when someone called 1.4billion catholics and billions more of our ancestors "liars"

He needs to. But, He won't as long as you hold on to your relics and idolatry.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 10:35am On Aug 11, 2014
Ubenedictus:

what rule guides the audience when they disagree with the speaker and wish to make their differing points known.

Sorry, I didn't see this until now.

The rules indicate that the audience are to allow the presenter complete his presentation before questions or comments can be made. If they infringe on this, the comment will be hidden and the person banned for 24hours.

If an audience disagree with a presenter, he should present his objection in a clear and straight to the point manner after the presenter has completed his paper. The audience is not to insult or disparage any presenter, the moderator or anyone else on the thread. The thread is expected to be free of derogatory comments, the way this one has been. In case this ever happens, the central moderators will wield the stick.

So the audience can make differing opinions but in a respectful and mature manner.

Of course, by the time the convention is concluded, and the thread makes front page, it begins free-for-all; monitoring and convention rules will be lowered by then; save for nl posting rules.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Image123(m): 4:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
italo:

Oh...I see.

I was talking to the two of you. You said yours 9pm and he replied in equal terms 9:18pm. Whatever you both are on about so recklessly is not worth hell's fire which you're both in danger of i think.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Image123(m): 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
double post
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
[size=20pt]TOWARDS GRACE CONVENTION 2014[/size]

At exactly 8.00am Nigerian time on Thursday 14th August 2014, Goshen360 shall be opening a new thread for the convention proper. Links to the thread will be provided here.

The first paper for the convention shall be delivered at 9.00am. We encourage participants to study the timetable and ensure that they post their papers at the exact time they are scheduled for it. For those outside Nigeria, we request that you find the exact time for your posting in regards to your location. Only one participant had requested a specially scheduled time. It is assumed that the scheduled time by the organizers will be OK with other participants.

Between 8 and 9am on Thursday, and following the opening remarks by Goshen360, we invite well wishes, prayers, hymns, etc, to precede the presentation that morning. We however request that you cease posting at 9am to allow the first presenter to make his presentation.

We welcome questions that can be directed at the presenter. We request that the questions be such that will add to the general tenure of discussion on the convention. The next presentation will be 2:00pm. So the audience will have ample time to ask questions and make comments.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
[size=20pt]TIME TABLE FOR GRACE CONVENTION 2014[/size]

[size=16pt]Thursday, 14th August @9.00am[/size]
(Genesis): The New Creation in Christ & our inheritance - MrAnony1

[size=16pt]Thursday, 14th August @2.00pm[/size]
(Social Issues): The Christian and his Environment - Yooguyz

[size=16pt]Thursday, 14th August @ 6.00pm[/size]
(Power of the Spirit): The Power of the Holy Spirit in Christian Living - trustman

[size=16pt]Friday, 15th August @ 9.00am[/size]
(Grace 1): The Demands of the Law and the Supply of the grace of God - Alwaystrue

[size=16pt]Friday, 15th August @ 2.00pm[/size]
(Unity/Ecumenism): Towards a United Christian Voice on Nairaland and Elsewhere - Ihedinobi2

[size=16pt]Friday, 15th August @ 6.00pm[/size]
(Church History): Where Did We Come From and Where are We Headed? - BabaGnoni

[size=16pt]Saturday, 16th August @ 9.00am[/size]
(Christian Ministry): The Ministry, Life and the Message - PastorOluT

[size=16pt]Saturday, 16th August @ 2.00pm[/size]
(Nigeria): An Emerging Nigeria via the Gospel - Striktlymi

[size=16pt]Saturday, 16th August @ 6.00pm[/size]
(Grace 2): The wonders of God's Grace - MarkMiwerds
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
[size=20pt] RULES FOR THE CONVENTION: For Presenters and Audience[/size]

1. Presentations should occupy only two or three posts with minimum of 2000 words and max 4000.

2. We encourage a neat presentation for ease of readability. If possible employing bold, italics, coloring and other Nairaland editing features for aesthetics and enhance readership.

3. edited.

4. Audience are encouraged to present their questions in a concise and straight to the point manner for a presenter only after a presenter has made his/her presentation.

5. Audience are not to ask presenters "leading" questions which are designed to ridicule a presenter. A presenter may decline to answer a question if they so wish

6. Goshen360 and DrummaBoy shall act as moderators to ensure order and to protect presenters from attacks.

7. Use of foul languages are prohibited on the convention thread. All nairaland forum rules subsist here too.

8. Only individuals with monickers that have been nominated and have accepted their nominations on this thread are permitted to make presentation on the topics of the convention or in other topic. Anyone who flaunts this rule shall banned.

9. The audience are advised to refrain from posting in between the posts of a presentation by participant. Anyone who breeches this rule will have his comment hidden. They however have full liberty to comment or ask questions after the presentation has been made.

10. Audience are enjoined not to "dissect" presentations by commenting on every line of a presentation, after quoting them, that is common with nairalanders. Anyone who does this shall be banned. You may quote an aspect of a presentation only with the aim of asking a question or making a point.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
^^^

We invite comments on the three posts on the Convention above.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Candour(m): 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
Kudos DrummaBoy and Goshen360. Wish you guys more of God's grace and strength as you work towards a glorious convention and also manifold blessings and reward for the time and efforts you've put into organising this programme for this year. God will indeed bless you gentlemen greatly and overwhelmingly.

Also, best wishes to our presenters who have accepted to sacrifice time, resources and energy to teach us this year. May God in his infinite mercies bless and reward you many fold for your efforts to help build up the body of Christ on NL.

To the audience, I wish us all happy and fruitful learning.

2 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by MrAnony1(m): 10:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
Will a new thread be opened for the Convention or will it be on this thread?
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 1:18am On Aug 12, 2014
MrAnony1: Will a new thread be opened for the Convention or will it be on this thread?

A new thread will be opened for it on the morning, 8:00am, of the convention by Goshen360. The link will be provided here.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 1:21am On Aug 12, 2014

[size=32pt] 2 DAYS TO GO!!![/size]
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Ubenedictus(m): 11:14am On Aug 12, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Sorry, I didn't see this until now.

The rules indicate that the audience are to allow the presenter complete his presentation before questions or comments can be made. If they infringe on this, the comment will be hidden and the person banned for 24hours.

If an audience disagree with a presenter, he should present his objection in a clear and straight to the point manner after the presenter has completed his paper. The audience is not to insult or disparage any presenter, the moderator or anyone else on the thread. The thread is expected to be free of derogatory comments, the way this one has been. In case this ever happens, the central moderators will wield the stick.

So the audience can make differing opinions but in a respectful and mature manner.

Of course, by the time the convention is concluded, and the thread makes front page, it begins free-for-all; monitoring and convention rules will be lowered by then; save for nl posting rules.

thank you!
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 11:40am On Aug 12, 2014
spyglaxx: Widows mite

Hello, please can you update the flyer you designed for the convention with the names of presenters and the date of the convention?

Thanks.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Obinoscopy(m): 6:10am On Aug 13, 2014
Welldone DrummaBoy. The Lord is your strength.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 7:23am On Aug 13, 2014

[size=32pt] 24 HOURS TO GO!!![/size]
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 7:25am On Aug 13, 2014
Obinoscopy: Welldone DrummaBoy. The Lord is your strength.

Thank you very much.

I remember this monicker from the family section debates sometimes ago... or is the education section?
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Obinoscopy(m): 7:36am On Aug 13, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Thank you very much.

I remember this monicker from the family section debates sometimes ago... or is the education section?
Both smiley.

Was a contestant in one and a judge in the other.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 7:47am On Aug 13, 2014
We thank God so far how we have gone towards this convention 20-14. The LORD is ready through the ministry of our speakers to bless us with great word of God. It's starting in 24 hours from now. Grace invasion is here to open us to the fullness of God's manifold favour.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Obinoscopy(m): 8:00am On Aug 13, 2014
@Goshen360, the spambot frowns at that. Hence your ban and the hidden post.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
Just checking in...
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2014
*this thread is strangely silent. Where is everybody? lol*

In a few hours the convention begins.

I trust all our presenters are ready for us.

Tomorrow's presentations are by:

MrAnony1
Yooguyz
trustman

I believe you guys have put finishing touches on your presentations.

Last year we had issues with a few presenters who we had to be running around to remind(!) that it was their time to present.

It won't happen this time. Whoever refuses to fill up his time slot, will be left to himself. Thank God we didn't choose the presenters.

I am simply asking our presenters to be responsible enough to fulfill their duties since they all accepted their nominations willingly.

Thank you all for accepting Goshen360 and myself as your moderators (not one person opposed it).

Thank you for buying into the idea of a Christian convention and helping in the making of Grace Convention 2014.

God bless you.

I use this medium to wish everyone a blessed convention 2014.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 11:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
I wish to thank Goshen360 and DrummaBoy for the open approach which they adopted in this year's convention. This is a clear departure from the one sided method of selection applied last year. People with different doctrinal stands were accommodated and this is how unity starts. God bless you both.

I quite appreciate all your effort since the beginning of this thread till now. I personally look forward to the presentations and pray that God will use the presenters in a mighty way. I also want to plead with those who refused to be part of this based on the long drawn battle over some differences in our biblical teachings to pls have a rethink and participate in this conference by contributing to presentations.

There is time for everything. Time to disagree and time to agree. i think this is time to agree and make successful input in this conference. Those who feel offended in anyway should forgive and move forward. We are still brethren irrespective of our differences. God bless us all. Amen.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Why Do Yoruba Movies Promote Babalawos? / Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.