Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays (987 Views)

It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / Id-el-fitr: FG Declares Friday 17, Monday 20 July Public Holidays / FG Declares 8th And 9th August As Public Holidays For Eid-ul-fitr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:18am On Jul 24, 2014
See how FG readily gives public holiday to these imported Arab religion, yet not 1 National Holiday has been allocated to Traditional Religions of Nigeria! angry angry angry angry

https://www.nairaland.com/1825110/28th-29th-july-eidel-fitri

We were here FIRST!

We pay Taxes!

WE are FIrst Citizens of Nigeria!

Why are we being discriminated in our Own Land?! angry angry angry angry angry angry

The Nigerian Constitution Guarantees Freedom and Equality of Religious Beliefs.

I call on All Nigerians to Boycott this Holiday.

You can do this by either forcefully going to work (silent protest) or staging protest on Streets, outside your work place, etc.

You can Also protest by pasting leaflets on the streets, on your door ,etc., stating the Need For Public Holidays for Nigerian Religions .

NAIRALAND PROTEST:

If you cant do any of the above or if you can do, eitherways, you can effortlessly contribute to the cause by using the following procedure:

On the Dayz of Eid Ul-Fitr (28th/29th) , below every Nairaland post you make, copy&paste the Hashtag: #PublicHolidays4TRADITIONALRELIGIONS

I hope our muslim brothers and sisters also join the Nairaland Boycott, in the Spirit of Religious Equality and 1 Nigeria .

(This is the least muslims owe us Traditionalists for welcoming islam onto our Lands.)

The GODS for Nigeria! cool

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by lakpalakpa: 1:18am On Jul 24, 2014
While I sympathize with your struggle, I think it The state Governors are in a better position o address this issue as most traditional religions are limited to specific states and maybe regions at best.

#PublicHolidays4TRADITIONALRELIGIONS
Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:35am On Jul 24, 2014
lakpalakpa: While I sympathize with your struggle, I think it The state Governors are in a better position o address this issue as most traditional religions are limited to specific states and maybe regions at best.

FG must make it mandatory for all States to provide atleast 1 holiday for Traditional Religion.

So far only Osun State has taken a stride in this step.

Also if possible, 1 National Holiday for All Traditional Religions to worship, offer sacrifices to the Gods ,etc.

This will also promote National Unity.

Anyways thnx for your support.

Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by herald9: 1:37am On Jul 24, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

FG must make it mandatory for all States to provide atleast 1 holiday for Traditional Religion.

So far only Osun State has taken a stride in this step.

Also if possible, 1 National Holiday for All Traditional Religions to worship, offer sacrifices to the Gods ,etc.

This will also promote National Unity.

Anyways thnx for your support.

hehehehe

i smell impossibilities
Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by herald9: 1:42am On Jul 24, 2014
How can they ask for what they despise and hold in contempt?
One thing am yet to see in Nigeria is religious tolerance.
Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:42am On Jul 24, 2014
herald9:

hehehehe

i smell impossibilities

Its ppl like you who make things impossible.

The british conquered Nigeria with a handful of men. Was that Impossible?

Man reached the Moon. Was that impossible?

GEJ became president of Nigeria. Was that impossible?

NONSENSE! angry
Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by herald9: 1:48am On Jul 24, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Its ppl like you who make things impossible.

The british conquered Nigeria with a handful of men. Was that Impossible?

Man reached the Moon. Was that impossible?

GEJ became president of Nigeria. Was that impossible?

NONSENSE! angry
please don't bite me grin
you know our people want to make heaven...they can't give heathens a chance.

Ps am not against your motion. smiley
Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:48am On Jul 24, 2014
Fundamental Rights (NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION)

33. Right to life.

34 Right to dignity of human persons.

35 Right to personal liberty.

36. Right to fair hearing.

37 Right to private and family life.

38 Right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion

39. Right to freedom of expression and the press.

40 Right to peaceful assembly and association.

41 Right to freedom of movement.

42 Right to freedom from discrimination.

43 Right to acquire and own immovable property.

44 Compulsory acquisition of property.

45 Restriction on and derogation from fundamental human rights.

46 Special jurisdiction of High Court and Legal aid.

IF FG doesn't grant us this FUndamental Right, they are violating the Constitution. angry
Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:50am On Jul 24, 2014
herald9: please don't bite me grin
you know our people want to make heaven...they can't give heathens a chance.

Ps am not against your motion. smiley

Let them go to hell. No one is stopping them.

But why stop us from reaching our ancestors and getting Reincarnated?
Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:00am On Jul 24, 2014
FACT:

Three major religions are recognised in the Federal Republic of Nigeria, namely the Christian, Muslim and Traditional religions.

The Traditional religion has been the least active in terms of religious conflicts , where Christianity and Islam on the other hand, have been at the forefront of most religious conflicts in the Country.
Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by herald9: 2:03am On Jul 24, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Let them go to hell. No one is stopping them.

But why stop us from reaching our ancestors and getting Reincarnated?
they are doing you good maybe with a little consultation you will understand...

Its better you die once than to go reincarnate from human to animal ...

The gods aint loyal
Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:09am On Jul 24, 2014
herald9:
they are doing you good maybe with a little consultation you will understand...

Its better you die once than to go reincarnate from human to animal ...

The gods aint loyal

abeg dont derail now..

If you are really in the mood to lose your faith in your current religion tonight, then face me in the Religious Section.

Your christian brothers FrancisTony & Frosbel have already realized the err of their former ways. .
Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by herald9: 2:36am On Jul 24, 2014
PAGAN9JA: ..

abeg dont derail now..

If you are really in the mood to lose your faith in your current religion tonight, then face me in the Religious Section.

Your christian brothers FrancisTony & Frosbel have already realized the err of their former ways. .
Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by herald9: 2:37am On Jul 24, 2014
PAGAN9JA: ..

abeg dont derail now..

lwkmd
that would ve been entertaining

I guess someone wants to smell a museum grin
but not tonight...
My truck is already loaded to the brim with antiques...

You are really serving some lucky gods cheesy
Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by nduchucks: 2:55am On Jul 24, 2014
What is Paganism and what make you a Pagan?
Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:19am On Jul 24, 2014
nduchucks: What is Paganism and what make you a Pagan?

Ask your Grandfather.
Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by nduchucks: 3:46am On Jul 24, 2014
It appears that our in-house Pagans are a bit challenged and unable to engage in a simple intellectual exercise.

No need to get unnecessarily defensive or insultive. If you have no answer, say so or just move on.
Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 24, 2014
PAGANISM is EVIL and it shouldn't be allowed to thrive in our society.

#SayNoToPagans

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by stinggy(m): 8:05am On Jul 24, 2014
himkers: PAGANISM is EVIL and it shouldn't be allowed to thrive in our society.

#SayNoToPagans

that's the lie they've always fed you with. no religion is evil!

#publicholidays4TRADITIONALRELIGIONS

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Boycott Eid Ul-fitr Holidays by uzoexcel(m): 9:15am On Jul 24, 2014
cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Changing Face Of Greatness: Jonathan’s March To True Statesmanship / Nigerian Mum Mistakenly Kills Her 6-year Old In An Accident / Photo: New Map Of Nigeria As Proposed By Delegates Of National Confab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.