Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! (10199 Views)

I Want Buy Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 Model, 4plugs. Your Advice Please. / Mechanic For VW Passat 2006/7 / Honda Crv 2008/2009 Vs Toyota Highlander 2006/2007 Vs Camry Xle 2008/2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Fulaman198(m): 6:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
chucky234: Uninformed LIAR.

I'm lying that the Camry is a Passat competitor? are you on drugs by any chance?

They have always been competitors:

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/review.aspx?year=2013&make=Volkswagen&model=Passat&cp-documentid=250013619

Even Volkswagen knows that you immature brat

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7pGY/2014-volkswagen-passat-competition

And this is not recent, it has been like this since the 90s.
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by chucky234(m): 6:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

I'm lying that the Camry is a Passat competitor? are you on drugs by any chance?

They have always been competitors:

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/review.aspx?year=2013&make=Volkswagen&model=Passat&cp-documentid=250013619

Even Volkswagen knows that you immature brat

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7pGY/2014-volkswagen-passat-competition
They are competitor by build size and not by quality, the 06 Camry (big for nothing) has nothing on the 06 VW Passat.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Fulaman198(m): 6:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
chucky234: They are competitor by build size and not by quality, the 06 Camry (big for nothing) has nothing on the 06 VW Passat.

If you know anything about cars, you would know that the 06 Passat was a new redesign, and the 06 Camry was the parting Camry for the Generation 5 Camry. A more fair comparison would be 07 Camry vs. 06/07 Passat

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by chucky234(m): 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

If you know anything about cars, you would know that the 06 Passat was a new redesign, and the 06 Camry was the parting Camry for the Generation 5 Camry. A more fair comparison would be 07 Camry vs. 06/07 Passat
Seem you have forgetten who I am, the muscle might look bigger than the 06 VW Passat but the Passat is a far better ride than the muscle.
The 2007 Passat's 3.6 VR6 engine is unmatched by all mid size family sedan competitors.
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Fulaman198(m): 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
chucky234: Seem you have forgetten who I am, the muscle might look bigger than the 06 VW Passat but the Passat is a far better ride than the muscle.
The 2007 Passat's 3.6 VR6 engine is unmatched by all mid size family sedan competitors.

That's very debatable. In Nigeria, Volkswagen and their suspension suffer on the roads, there are far more mechanical problems with the VW than there are with the Toyota. Suspension seems to be a huge problem for them: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/volkswagen-passat-36-road-test. That's even on American roads which are better than Nigerian roads.

I have not forgotten about you
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by chucky234(m): 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

That's very debatable. In Nigeria, Volkswagen and their suspension suffer on the roads, there are far more mechanical problems with the VW than there are with the Toyota. Suspension seems to be a huge problem for them: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/volkswagen-passat-36-road-test. That's even on American roads which are better than Nigerian roads.

I have not forgotten about you
Bro go on a cruise in a 2007 VW Passat then you will understand why the OP chose to draw a comparism between the Passat and Avalon,the only Camry that match the Passat in terms of performance (not styling and build quality) is the 2013 Camry.
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Fulaman198(m): 8:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
chucky234: Bro go on a cruise in a 2007 VW Passat then you will understand why the OP chose to draw a comparism between the Passat and Avalon,the only Camry that match the Passat in terms of performance (not styling and build quality) is the 2013 Camry.

The 2012 Camry is the same thing as the '13 Camry. In terms of performance a V6 Camry from 07-11 can do 0-100kmh in 5.5 seconds. There is nothing that the Camry does wrong. It is definitely not a sports car, but it definitely is not meant to be one.
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by yungboss(m): 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

The 2012 Camry is the same thing as the '13 Camry. In terms of performance a V6 Camry from 07-11 can do 0-100kmh in 5.5 seconds. There is nothing that the Camry does wrong. It is definitely not a sports car, but it definitely is not meant to be one.
Fulaman, no quarrel this time, I'm sure that number 5.5s is a bit too quick, it's more like 6.4s
http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/toyota_camry_v6-vs-vw_passat_cc_v6_4motion.html
the 2008 Passat vs 2008 Camry v6, open the link.
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Fulaman198(m): 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
yungboss:
Fulaman, no quarrel this time, I'm sure that number 5.5s is a bit too quick, it's more like 6.4s
http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/toyota_camry_v6-vs-vw_passat_cc_v6_4motion.html
the 2008 Passat vs 2008 Camry v6, open the link.

Sorry you are wrong Camry records are always 5.5 - 5.8 seconds
2012 Toyota Camry SE (V6) 0-60 mph 5.7 Quarter Mile 14.1 - http://www.zeroto60times.com/Toyota-0-60-mph-Times.html

'The Camry’s optional V-6 may be basically unchanged, but it delivers respectable hustle—0 to 60 mph in 5.8 seconds, the quarter-mile in 14.3 at 101 mph,' - http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/toyota-camry-se-v6-road-test-review

'I used them once or twice, but most of the time left the shifting to the 6-speed automatic, thanks to the buttery smoothness of which I timed my 0-60 run at 5.5 seconds, faster than a V6-powered Camaro' http://www.autosavant.com/2012/01/12/review-2012-toyota-camry-se/
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by yungboss(m): 7:25am On Jul 28, 2014
Fulaman198:

Sorry you are wrong Camry records are always 5.5 - 5.8 seconds
2012 Toyota Camry SE (V6) 0-60 mph 5.7 Quarter Mile 14.1 - http://www.zeroto60times.com/Toyota-0-60-mph-Times.html

'The Camry’s optional V-6 may be basically unchanged, but it delivers respectable hustle—0 to 60 mph in 5.8 seconds, the quarter-mile in 14.3 at 101 mph,' - http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/toyota-camry-se-v6-road-test-review

'I used them once or twice, but most of the time left the shifting to the 6-speed automatic, thanks to the buttery smoothness of which I timed my 0-60 run at 5.5 seconds, faster than a V6-powered Camaro' http://www.autosavant.com/2012/01/12/review-2012-toyota-camry-se/
well, I guess these tests are done under different conditions, because from your links, I can see different numbers but all close.
I know the car is very fast going by the Magazines' published numbers...

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 28, 2014
Tests and testers vary so the results does too.

There's no way a Camry is a 5.5 sec car, I don't care which rag tests it.

If they test Camry as 5.5 then the Passat would be 3.5 sec then.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Fulaman198(m): 8:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
CityNG: Tests and testers vary so the results does too.

There's no way a Camry is a 5.5 sec car, I don't care which rag tests it.

If they test Camry as 5.5 then the Passat would be 3.5 sec then.

Sorry to say, i respect you but in this instance You are brainwashed then, the Camry has the fastest 0-100kmh in its class. I know there are many adieu l anti-Toyota people. Why? I don't know

2012 Volkswagen Passat VR6 0-60 mph 6.4 http://www.zeroto60times.com/Volkswagen-VW-0-60-mph-Times.html

From the same source as the Camry, Camry is faster than the Passat
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Fulaman198(m): 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2014
yungboss:
well, I guess these tests are done under different conditions, because from your links, I can see different numbers but all close.
I know the car is very fast going by the Magazines' published numbers...

Yeah it's best in class. German engines are not efficient. The Japanese have better engineers than the Germans, that's well known. So it really shouldn't surprise anyone. Even when presented with clear facts, people just don't want to believe the truth.
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Jossy4luv1(m): 12:51am On Jul 29, 2014
pls how much can one get tokunbo Toyota Highlander 2003.tanx
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Jossy4luv1(m): 12:55am On Jul 29, 2014
I also need a website to get tokunbo cars available and prices
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by yungboss(m): 2:00am On Jul 29, 2014
Fulaman198:

Yeah it's best in class. German engines are not efficient. The Japanese have better engineers than the Germans, that's well known. So it really shouldn't surprise anyone. Even when presented with clear facts, people just don't want to believe the truth.
I wonder where you get your information from...seriously. How do you determine the efficiency of an engine, and how did you determine that the german engines are inefficient,i would really like to know, or is it because the Camry v6 in questions has loads of unusable horsepower? hope this is not about iPad and iPod, navigation toys and the rest?
I do not really understand what you mean by "better engineers", that statement is sacrilegious (in my perception) even though you think the Japanese have the edge in 2014, state it so...and people would debate, but to say "better engineers" is denial of certain truths my friend. Go back in time a little and sort out certain facts by yourself,you'll understand where certain things began. Begin with the Diesel Engine, find out why it was developed; who first developed it and rolled it along the streets of UK. VW developed the IDI (indirect injection) fitted it in 1.5l Golf in the 70s, in the US...study the technology too and appreciate it, go find out in 1907, what Mercedes did, and you tell me where your Japanese engineers were at the time. I guess you know the pioneers of turbo-charging?... Japanese (always) played/plays "catch-up" to win the market, what they mostly did were innovations, they weren't in the matters of automobile development,I.e when the foundation was being built. No one will doubt that they have been the trailers over the years and they have been excellent and successful at it. It's commendable...truly commendable,
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Fulaman198(m): 8:05am On Jul 29, 2014
yungboss:
I wonder where you get your information from...seriously. How do you determine the efficiency of an engine, and how did you determine that the german engines are inefficient,i would really like to know, or is it because the Camry v6 in questions has loads of unusable horsepower? hope this is not about iPad and iPod, navigation toys and the rest?
I do not really understand what you mean by "better engineers", that statement is sacrilegious (in my perception) even though you think the Japanese have the edge in 2014, state it so...and people would debate, but to say "better engineers" is denial of certain truths my friend. Go back in time a little and sort out certain facts by yourself,you'll understand where certain things began. Begin with the Diesel Engine, find out why it was developed; who first developed it and rolled it along the streets of UK. VW developed the IDI (indirect injection) fitted it in 1.5l Golf in the 70s, in the US...study the technology too and appreciate it, go find out in 1907, what Mercedes did, and you tell me where your Japanese engineers were at the time. I guess you know the pioneers of turbo-charging?... Japanese (always) played/plays "catch-up" to win the market, what they mostly did were innovations, they weren't in the matters of automobile development,I.e when the foundation was being built. No one will doubt that they have been the trailers over the years and they have been excellent and successful at it. It's commendable...truly commendable,

Hybrid technology started with the Japanese and till this day they make the most efficient cars from a fuel perspective. I don't know who told you that Camry V6 cars don't use all their power but videos say different. The car handles well.
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by yungboss(m): 10:37am On Jul 29, 2014
1997 Prius.
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Fulaman198(m): 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
yungboss: 1997 Prius.

That was a crappy car, but it was when hybrid technology was still in its infancy
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 30, 2014
Fulaman198:

Sorry to say, i respect you but in this instance You are brainwashed then, the Camry has the fastest 0-100kmh in its class. I know there are many adieu l anti-Toyota people. Why? I don't know

2012 Volkswagen Passat VR6 0-60 mph 6.4 http://www.zeroto60times.com/Volkswagen-VW-0-60-mph-Times.html

From the same source as the Camry, Camry is faster than the Passat

Brainwashed is a strong term, you should consider.

In response to you I saw that you and I get our information from different sources. You seem to trust yours unwaveringly and so do I to mine.

Have a good day.

PS:

The Toyotasa I have owned:

MR2 MK1 = 3
MR2 MK2 = 3

Toyota makes fantastic motor vehicles and they are a car company whose products I highly recommend.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 30, 2014
Fulaman198:

Personally I would recommend that you should more learning on automobile and it's engineering.

Some of the folks on CarTalk cannot be flimflammed by untested, biased and illogical ascertations.

I find you bolded comment to be most ridiculous. It's subjective yes but it has no data to back it up.

Please increase your readership to across many websites and magazines, not just one website.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by erico2k2(m): 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
nurey: If I had to choose between the two, I would choose the Toyota avalon because it is one Toyota that is not too common and commands respect. Ease of use, reliability and maintenance wise, the avalon takes it.

The passat on the other has a better build quality than the avalon, not too common but the reliability is what I can't depend on. The interior is wonderful and what I cherish in that car is the gear shape, small and appealing. Also I have seen more passat in the garage than avalon and they are also priced quite cheaper than avalon I wonder why
You will change one bearing 3 times before you would once in the VW.The vw is a more stronger built and its parts are hard to fake .unlike toyotas
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by erico2k2(m): 4:59pm On Jul 30, 2014
Fulaman198:

Hybrid technology started with the Japanese and till this day they make the most efficient cars from a fuel perspective. I don't know who told you that Camry V6 cars don't use all their power but videos say different. The car handles well.
Questiom for you the
The toyota camry 2008 V6 2.8 ver the 2008 2.0 Vw 4motion Golf.which is mor fuel efficient?
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by erico2k2(m): 5:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
Fulaman198:

Seriously?
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Fulaman198(m): 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
erico2k2:
Questiom for you the
The toyota camry 2008 V6 2.8 ver the 2008 2.0 Vw 4motion Golf.which is mor fuel efficient?

There is no 2.8 V6, there is only a 3.5L V6. In addition the VW Golf and Camry are not in the same class. A Golf although a bit more powerful than the Corolla is a better comparison. Though there are version of Corolla not sold in Nigeria that can possibly match the Golf in terms of power. In other countries in Asia and parts of Europe there are hatcback Corollas (no I'm not talking about the Matrix, these Corollas are different).
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Fulaman198(m): 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
erico2k2:
Questiom for you the

There is no 2.8 V6, there is only a 3.5L V6. In addition the VW Golf and Camry are not in the same class. A Golf although a bit more powerful than the Corolla is a better comparison. Though there are version of Corolla not sold in Nigeria that can possibly match the Golf in terms of power. In other countries in Asia and parts of Europe there are hatchback Corollas (no I'm not talking about the Matrix, these Corollas are different).
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Fulaman198(m): 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
CityNG:

Personally I would recommend that you should more learning on automobile and it's engineering.

Some of the folks on CarTalk cannot be flimflammed by untested, biased and illogical ascertations.

I find you bolded comment to be most ridiculous. It's subjective yes but it has no data to back it up.

Please increase your readership to across many websites and magazines, not just one website.

Gosh I guess I have to go and get some more links to prove my facts once again. You say its brainwashed, yet you can not provide facts to back up your claims that the Passat VR6 is faster than the V6 Camry while I am able to provide numerous facts that back up my claims. It's called facts. I know that many people are in utter disbelief when they see that the Camry can go 0-100kmh in less than 6 seconds. It should be no surprise, the Camry is a very light car in comparison with a very powerful engine. That is just Japanese engineering. We should accept it for what it is brother.
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by yungboss(m): 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
Fulaman198:

There is no 2.8 V6, there is only a 3.5L V6. In addition the VW Golf and Camry are not in the same class. A Golf although a bit more powerful than the Corolla is a better comparison. Though there are version of Corolla not sold in Nigeria that can possibly match the Golf in terms of power. In other countries in Asia and parts of Europe there are hatcback Corollas (no I'm not talking about the Matrix, these Corollas are different).
true, the Golf has a much more powerful engine than the Corolla, the R32 (not sure of the nomenclature). They are not comparable cars, the Toyota starlet would have been comparable, or the Matrix...but I think the Golf has more power than both.
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by erico2k2(m): 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
Fulaman198:

There is no 2.8 V6, there is only a 3.5L V6. In addition the VW Golf and Camry are not in the same class. A Golf although a bit more powerful than the Corolla is a better comparison. Though there are version of Corolla not sold in Nigeria that can possibly match the Golf in terms of power. In other countries in Asia and parts of Europe there are hatchback Corollas (no I'm not talking about the Matrix, these Corollas are different).
I know there are no 2.8s but I did not want to raise the engine capacity.Now you did not answer my question still though
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by erico2k2(m): 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
yungboss:
true, the Golf has a much more powerful engine than the Corolla, the R32 (not sure of the nomenclature). They are not comparable cars, the Toyota starlet would have been comparable, or the Matrix...but I think the Golf has more power than both.
Ok just saw this.you are wrong there as the Vw 4 motion is very powerful mayB you r fotggeting its a 4motion
The starlet would go for the vw lupo which is even a 1.1 ltr engine
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by Fulaman198(m): 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
yungboss:

Yah R32 would even be a worse thing to compare to the Corolla because of the power difference. I don't think Corolla builds a car that competes with it. Mazda used to (Mazdaspeed 3).
Re: Volkswagen Passat 2006/2007 4plugs. Advice! by yungboss(m): 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
erico2k2:
Ok just saw this.you are wrong there as the Vw 4 motion is very powerful mayB you r fotggeting its a 4motion
The starlet would go for the vw lupo which is even a 1.1 ltr engine
I was comparing wrt size...but you are right

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has A Kid Ever Scratched Your Car? Like Written A, B. C... / A Food For Thought Before Buying Naija Used Car / URGENT! My 2003 Accord Transmission Just Stalled.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.