Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? (14333 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? / Why Do Husbands Get Bored Of Their Wives Soon After Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by DONMAYOR19(m): 4:45am On Jul 25, 2014
It actually depends on the individual, because I know some won't bother to marry again, after all they have issue already and they felt their children will be there for them as companion now, while for some especially some girl, will just say.....THANK GOD THIS USELESS MAN DON DIE AT LAST, I FIT MARRY THAT MY BF NOW.....some girls/women bad o
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by NaLaugh: 4:46am On Jul 25, 2014
It depends
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by cold(m): 4:46am On Jul 25, 2014
6 months is a safe bet in my opinion
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by pussyeater(m): 5:05am On Jul 25, 2014
radiorebel: How soon after the death of a spouse to start a new relationship? And do your in-laws still have a say in your life after the death of your partner? Pls ur opinion will mean a lot
If u get quarell with ur partner, pls settle am in peace and don't poison him/her oh!
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by nunicelady(f): 5:18am On Jul 25, 2014
Hello poster,
If ur post is about u, I am so sorry for your loss. It is sad enough to imagine wat you are going through right now.
You are probably craving companionship now n I tell u, it isnt wrong in anyway. The problem now is u might fall for the wrong kind of woman. Please start by going on dates. Talk and laugh with nice women. Let a relationship build. Please dont rush into anything. If you have kids, let them know u want d best for them.
It would be well.
God cares for His own.

2 Likes

Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by Kanwulia: 5:28am On Jul 25, 2014
Before the spouse dies! ABI NA ME KILLAM? undecided
Every woman OR MAN should have a 'spare' tire IN ANY LEVEL OF ALL RELATIONSHIPS.kiss
Why wait till the spouse is dead?
It will not be easy to train another OLD DOG NEW TRICKS O. . . .after the spouse dies o! Your mourning might be prolonged with no time for romance!
You better have someone who will help you grieve FROM BY THE GRAVESIDE TO THE BEDROOM LIKE BIANCA OJUKWU!
See as she knack beta appointment for SPAIN? cheesy

I get 2 SPARE TIRES o! In case 2 DIE TOGETHER. . . that will give me enough time to train some new ones! kiss
Incase of DIE-VORCE FROM UNA GOD OR SATAN. . .some dudes already know how to WORK IT. . .
No need for waiting to remove black cloth or hair to grow back for head or nyansh!

I WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY MORE APPLICATIONS. . . THERE WILL BE NO VAKANSI!

Amen! kiss
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by SpcAgtOko: 5:37am On Jul 25, 2014
bellong: How soon depends on YOU alone. Relative to how soon you get over the loss of your spouse.

There is no universal law on how soon one can remarry after the demise of a spouse.

Gbam!
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by englishmart(m): 5:55am On Jul 25, 2014
As soon as conji starts
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by machi25(f): 6:03am On Jul 25, 2014
It all depends on how much in love you where with him/her....4 someone whom u truely loved, a year or 2 isn't too much to mourn him...if the individual is emotionally very strong,he/she might move on earlier than that
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by Fejok01(f): 6:19am On Jul 25, 2014
There is no fixed time. But you need to be ready emotionally again before going into another relationship. It's really very tough. May God help you.
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by Mcowubaba: 7:09am On Jul 25, 2014
Kanwulia: Before the spouse dies! ABI NA ME KILLAM? undecided
Every woman OR MAN should have a 'spare' tire IN ANY LEVEL OF ALL RELATIONSHIPS.kiss
It will not be easy to train another OLD DOG NEW TRICKS O. . . .after the spouse dies o! Your mourning might be prolonged with no time for romance!
You better have someone who will help you grieve FROM BY THE GRAVESIDE TO THE BEDROOM LIKE BIANCA OJUKWU!

I get 2 SPARE TIRES o! In case 2 DIE TOGETHER. . . that will give me enough time to train some new ones! kiss
Incase of DIE-VORCE FROM UNA GOD OR SATAN. . .some dudes already know how to WORK IT. . .
No need for waiting to remove black cloth or hair to grow back for head or nyansh!

Amen! kiss
wat if say na you wey die..i just hop u are jokin??.
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by MightySparrow: 7:23am On Jul 25, 2014
The day following.
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by Kanwulia: 7:24am On Jul 25, 2014
Mcowubaba: wat if say na you wey die..i just hop u are jokin??.

If I quench f"O"rst. . . Game OVA!
Not joking. It is called survival!!!!kiss

1 Like

Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by whitedove(m): 7:25am On Jul 25, 2014
@ O P,I think there is no fixed time for that,it depends on how close you were to your late spouse,for instance,I lost my wife dec 2011 I still miss her like its yesterday.
All I do now is concentrating on giving our children the best I can..am 39

2 Likes

Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by repogirl(f): 7:33am On Jul 25, 2014
coogar:

men generally move on quicker. no time for recrimination or mourning for a year. what's done is done. within 4 weeks, a man is ready to put the incident behind him.
*raises eyebrow *
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by popson1st: 8:18am On Jul 25, 2014
As soon as possible, depending on the orientation and cultural believe of the person. When a spouse die, the marriage bond has been broken and the person is free to remarry instantly. But culturally, the person is expected to take some time to mourn. Holy book says..Till death do us part but didnt give a time frame to get along with another person. Once the spouse is dead, the bond has been broken and the person is free to move on, instantly or later, depending on what he/she believes.
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by Amhappy(f): 8:23am On Jul 25, 2014
@OP sorry for your loss. You have to let the mourning time elapse. Every community have theirs, 6months/1year in most cases. If you marry before the mourning period ends,you just started a war that will last your life time(people will believe you killed ur spouse,including ur kids). After that you are free to marry. It now depends on if you are ready to move on. Make sure you consider your kids before you take this leap. Let your new lady be someone who will love your children as hers. And agree with ur new wife about the no of children that will be added to the ones you already have. Pls go for a matured and older lady if you dont want extra babies or want only one(hv seen this cause a lot of problems).
My granddad never remarried and his 8kids grew up without a mother.I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by lovinam: 8:40am On Jul 25, 2014
Hian! I know someone that started marriage arrangement the week the wife was buried. True life story. Men move on faster than women. Their eXcuse is usually the children
berem: if you had said 4months,that's considerable. 4weeks is a no no.
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by Biliamin(m): 9:43am On Jul 25, 2014
It depends on some factors like:

1. The situation that surrounds the death of the person
2. Your relationship with your spouse family
3. The type of bond that existed between the 2 of you

An elderly man, who lost her daughter, once shared his ordeal with me. The daughter and her hubby lived in the UK with their kids. few months after the death of the lady, her family travelled from Nigeria to pay the man a condolence visit and they met another woman. They immediately made a fresh arrangements to relocate from the house.

He curses the man every time that he killed his daughter cos he wanted to bring in another woman. that might not be true you know

Another scenario is that the deceased father told the living spouse only 21 days after the death of the wife that we know you loved your wife, the incident has happened, just move on with your life and find a new solace. We will say this is a good advice cos it didn't happen to us. hmmmn

I think we should give some time before going into another marriage. No specific time though but and reasonable time. The deceased family lost a child, a family member. Their feelings need to be respected.

They do no have any say over the kids but some families might request you allow the kids stay with them while you sponsor their programs. If this is the case and you don't have an alternative like ur mum or a family member will be with you to take care of then, then you will have to allow that and plan how to return them later
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 25, 2014
armyofone: A chic is showing interest now huh?

Focus on your kids if children are involved. Make sure they are well settled and adjusted to the new life before you bring in another lady.

Btw, don't forget to barber your head and wear black for a long time.

Focus on your kids if children are involved. Make sure they are well settled and adjusted to the new life before you bring in another lady.

#barber#
Smh
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by mko2005: 9:58am On Jul 25, 2014
Please can anyone help me with the name of the guy who did the song ''BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE IN NAIJA'' ?
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by akpanbaba: 11:31am On Jul 25, 2014
Wait until you have green light from your late husband through whatever means but if you have been visiting this new man before the demise of your husband am afraid the answer will not come.
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by IYANGBALI: 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
Na your preeek/toto go decide dat one now,as soon as the thing don dey hungry you
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by IYANGBALI: 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
akpanbaba: Wait until you have green light from your late husband through whatever means but if you have been visiting this new man before the demise of your husband am afraid the answer will not come.
mtcheeeeeeew
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by IYANGBALI: 1:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
mko2005: Please can anyone help me with the name of the guy who did the song ''BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE IN NAIJA'' ?
bola tinubu
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by macsika: 1:10pm On Jul 25, 2014
TAKE THE FOLLOWING STEPS. 1 Six hours after her Rigor mortis,weep no more and fuckq a prostitute. 2 The next day meet a new girl fuckq her and break her heart before your spouse wake keeping 3 immediately after she's six feet in the ground, sue her parents and take your bride price back. 6 use the money to pay for the bride price of the next girl, then fuckq her and keep on fuckqing until the cycle repeats it self *wink*. But if you love her so much, do this as do this to your next spouse. Because Life is a B!tch and death is her sister. Note that this instruction is for men but if you are a lady...#eye one two four Q#
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by Lilimax(f): 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
bellong: How soon depends on YOU alone. Relative to how soon you get over the loss of your spouse.

There is no universal law on how soon one can remarry after the demise of a spouse.
Likes!
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
Kanwulia: Before the spouse dies! ABI NA ME KILLAM? undecided

Amen! kiss

O god, grin grin grin
My belle ooo
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by libertyfather(m): 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
Immediately
Re: How Soon After The Death Of A Spouse To Start A New Relationship? by AroOkigbo(m): 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
whitedove: @ O P,I think there is no fixed time for that,it depends on how close you were to your late spouse,for instance,I lost my wife dec 2011 I still miss her like its yesterday.
All I do now is concentrating on giving our children the best I can..am 39
You are just like me- also 39!
Lost mine in 2012 and still unmarried...not yet ready to have any woman maltreat my three lovely kids.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Year Took The Most Important People In Your Life ? / I'm Thinking Of Walking Out Of My Marriage / Husbands: Does Your Wife Kneel Down To Greet You In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.