Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! (24638 Views)

Elajoe Is Wack / Illbliss Is Wack / Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Jehoshua: 7:53am On Jul 26, 2014
The video was really below par. There is no sugar coating it. Poor video for such a good hit.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by ba7man(m): 7:56am On Jul 26, 2014

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by victor08(m): 8:01am On Jul 26, 2014
[size=18pt]What is Wack about the video? don't be surprised if the song and video wins an award.

That video is on point and stylish jor. How dare you come to Nairaland and post something rubbish about Don Jazzy's video. Must all videos be directed by Clarence Peters. Is he the only good director in Nigeria or Africa?

By the way if you don't like the video-go and use your money and do yours.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by 3Dimension: 8:04am On Jul 26, 2014
OP it seems you into video directing or script writing.

Stop comparing videos. Cos they all have different theme, genre and content.

Songs like Aye, Onyi, Johnny all have a story to tell. Dorobucci doesn't belong to that family.

Dorobucci belong to family of dances like the skelewu etc.

I've not seen the video buh I just don't want you to assume the director aint professional cos of one shoot.....
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by sleekysol(m): 8:10am On Jul 26, 2014
the video spoke the song in and out. they didnt want a video full of dance they wanted a video that will introduce the mavin teams as big stars and new stars and don jazzy is making all the members feel like d don unlike the way it was in mohit but trully anyone who understood the concept of dorrobucci would nt expect much dancing from the video.
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by inception101(m): 8:16am On Jul 26, 2014
Left to me Dr sid, Korede, banks n D prince tried dia best buh tiwa savage killed d tempo .. But its understandable to note that making a video of a hit single is very very hard simply becuz d xpectation is always high and people must v been thinking of dif ways to portray di views in d video.... Ma opinion tho
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by gingger(m): 8:16am On Jul 26, 2014
as for me d video came not as expected .. it wasn't ok
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 26, 2014
you really dont know what is good.
ggrin: Dorobucci Video Is Wack! He Should Have Let Kemi Adetiba Or Clarence Peters Direct ‘Dorobucci’ Video
Just when we were almost giving up, Mavin Records released the video for hit single/street anthem, Dorobucci.

The musical video of the song which features Mavin boss, Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, Dr Sid, D’Prince, Korede Bello, Di’Ja and Reekado Banks, was premiered yesterday.The video was directed by Nick Roux of Molotov Cocktail Productions in South Africa.

In my opinion I feel Kemi Adetiba or Clarence Peters should have directed the video – I fell in love with Kemi after watching the ‘Onye’ video which features Waje, Tiwa Savage and Bryan Okwara, it’s HILARIOUS! The video was refreshing…was such a good diversion from skimpy clad folks we are always bombarded with. You can watch the video HERE, if you haven’t seen it.

Now back to Dorobucci!
Considering how much I love the song, I had high expectations for the video but oh well, i wasn’t impressed.

Don Jazzy should NEVER use that director again (he messed this song up), the video lacked that ENERGY and dance moves.

Someone who saw the video with me said “It had no story line, too much flash and extravagance. I would never understand why our top artistes keep using white girls to show they have money or to illustrate their wealth. Do you see white guys use black girls? Why not invest in African women? You don’t need a whole continent to feature in your video. They just killed the video…”

Another colleague said “I expected more, Don jazzy needs to know its not about how flashy or expensive the video is…we need content and meaningful things…what a complete let down, nothing new, why can’t Nigerian musicians be creative..we want fresh and edgy. This was so predictable…it could have been way better, it’s nothing out of the ordinary and some people were there on instagram making us feel as if we where missing out big time because we couldn’t watch it till today…moreover, that scene where Tiwa Savage tasted her ‘hot tea’….was a NO, NO for me – yeah it was funny but …oh please! ”
Don’t get me wrong, I’m (We are) not condemning the video – the picture quality is amazing and I loved how new faces were introduced, but I didn’t exactly FEEL it.

Oh by the way, Korede Bello is really cute, Me love his smile #okbye!

Have you seen the video, what do you think?
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by maryhaam(f): 8:19am On Jul 26, 2014
mrvocalprowess: Have yall eaten today?
am fasting thnkz,back to d matter iz cool,abi
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Abiodun2014(m): 8:23am On Jul 26, 2014
ggrin: Dorobucci Video Is Wack! He Should Have Let Kemi Adetiba Or Clarence Peters Direct ‘Dorobucci’ Video
Just when we were almost giving up, Mavin Records released the video for hit single/street anthem, Dorobucci.

The musical video of the song which features Mavin boss, Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, Dr Sid, D’Prince, Korede Bello, Di’Ja and Reekado Banks, was premiered yesterday.The video was directed by Nick Roux of Molotov Cocktail Productions in South Africa.

In my opinion I feel Kemi Adetiba or Clarence Peters should have directed the video – I fell in love with Kemi after watching the ‘Onye’ video which features Waje, Tiwa Savage and Bryan Okwara, it’s HILARIOUS! The video was refreshing…was such a good diversion from skimpy clad folks we are always bombarded with. You can watch the video HERE, if you haven’t seen it.

Now back to Dorobucci!
Considering how much I love the song, I had high expectations for the video but oh well, i wasn’t impressed.

Don Jazzy should NEVER use that director again (he messed this song up), the video lacked that ENERGY and dance moves.

Someone who saw the video with me said “It had no story line, too much flash and extravagance. I would never understand why our top artistes keep using white girls to show they have money or to illustrate their wealth. Do you see white guys use black girls? Why not invest in African women? You don’t need a whole continent to feature in your video. They just killed the video…”

Another colleague said “I expected more, Don jazzy needs to know its not about how flashy or expensive the video is…we need content and meaningful things…what a complete let down, nothing new, why can’t Nigerian musicians be creative..we want fresh and edgy. This was so predictable…it could have been way better, it’s nothing out of the ordinary and some people were there on instagram making us feel as if we where missing out big time because we couldn’t watch it till today…moreover, that scene where Tiwa Savage tasted her ‘hot tea’….was a NO, NO for me – yeah it was funny but …oh please! ”
Don’t get me wrong, I’m (We are) not condemning the video – the picture quality is amazing and I loved how new faces were introduced, but I didn’t exactly FEEL it.

dude if u think the vids is Wack, shw us the video u directed! Mstchewwww *bad belle*
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by zika1(f): 8:27am On Jul 26, 2014

Now back to Dorobucci!

Hey chill off. D video is not dat bad u knw. D dorobucci acordin 2 d marvins is all bout dem bein big (rich,hot,and everytin expensive) so I really cnt picture anyoda video 4 it. 2much dance wld sure hv messed d video bt I tink I agree wit u dey shld hv used kemi adetiba as deir director. Dat lady is freaking creative. Bt generally d video is clean

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by zika1(f): 8:27am On Jul 26, 2014

Now back to Dorobucci!

Hey chill off. D video is not dat bad u knw. D dorobucci acordin 2 d marvins is all bout dem bein big (rich,hot,and everytin expensive) so I really cnt picture anyoda video 4 it. 2much dance wld sure hv messed d video bt I tink I agree wit u dey shld hv used kemi adetiba as deir director. Dat lady is freaking creative. Bt generally d video is clean #justsaying
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Donkunxex(m): 8:27am On Jul 26, 2014
U tink doro is wack? Go watch king special(specialed) money video featuring davido,tonto dikeh,burnaboy,naeto c,phyno..patoranking..d video z funny tho..the s0ng z wack wacko jacko.!!!!!! Wich makes d video same too
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by zika1(f): 8:30am On Jul 26, 2014
sleekysol: the video spoke the song in and out. they didnt want a video full of dance they wanted a video that will introduce the mavin teams as big stars and new stars and don jazzy is making all the members feel like d don unlike the way it was in mohit but trully anyone who understood the concept of dorrobucci would nt expect much dancing from the video.
u can say dat again. We tink alike u knw smiley

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by babamadiba(m): 8:34am On Jul 26, 2014
jumainsexy: 100% wack undecided
did u watch dat video at all?
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by babamadiba(m): 8:38am On Jul 26, 2014
inception101: Left to me Dr sid, Korede, banks n D prince tried dia best buh tiwa savage killed d tempo .. But its understandable to note that making a video of a hit single is very very hard simply becuz d xpectation is always high and people must v been thinking of dif ways to portray di views in d video.... Ma opinion tho
nyc opinion boss!
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Aksonman: 8:47am On Jul 26, 2014
DOROBUCCI is a Naija slang; the song was a monster hit in Nigeria and I expected a FULL Nigerian cast in the video.

The South African extras in the video made it look pretty odd. The maid dancing in Tiwa's scene, the guy doing push ups with Asian girl on his back and Di'Ja's body guard-they were black but clearly had typical SA features. SA blacks look different from Nigerians.

Too many white and coloured girls.

Imagine if Davido had shot Aye in South Africa??

Nigerians artistes must stop featuring white girls on their videos for just featuring sake. If you must feature foreign women in a video their presence MUST add to the creativity of the video.

Chidinma's 'Emi ni baller' used foreign women but everyone loved that video cos they(oyinbo girls) were creatively used.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by drnairalov: 8:48am On Jul 26, 2014
The part i hated most was the woman on d ladder shaking her yansh ....like no meaning to that ..it was such a turn off. and dat girl showing foltball skills OMG who does dat..what a tacky video..very stupeed..am begining to love Kemi adetiba...she has good concept..after i saw sitting on the throne video by olamide and waje own am like dis babe is creative...the dorobuccci video,.just a waste of sourc..am not hating bht i wud direct better..dis is why clarence is berra! why wud u even call a foreign director to direct ur song when there lot of talented directors here that can interprete in an African way..,mtscheeeew. then why was korede Bello copying my no 1 artiste M.J..smh and he posted a quote ...dont copy anybody act..everybody is taken..be yourself! yet u dey copy Micheal jackson outfit...mtscheeew bloody hypocrites evrywhere. who directed that emi ni baller video self...the person is good . see concept naaa. am out!

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by babamadiba(m): 8:53am On Jul 26, 2014
I don't seem to b tired of watching this so called wack video.. I don watch am tired, e still dey sweet me to watch.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by babamadiba(m): 8:55am On Jul 26, 2014
drnairalov: The part i hated most was the woman on d ladder shaking her yansh ....like no meaning to that ..it was such a turn off. and dat girl showing foltball skills OMG who does dat..what a tacky video..very stupeed..am begining to love Kemi adetiba...she has good concept..after i saw sitting on the throne video by olamide and waje own am like dis babe is creative...the dorobuccci video,.just a waste of sourc..am not hating bht i wud direct better..dis is why clarence is berra! why wud u even call a foreign director to direct ur song when there lot of talented directors here that can interprete in an African way..,mtscheeeew. then why was korede Bello copying my no 1 artiste M.J..smh and he posted a quote ...dont copy anybody act..everybody is taken..be yourself! yet u dey copy Micheal jackson outfit...mtscheeew bloody hypocrites evrywhere. who directed that emi ni baller video self...the person is good . see concept naaa. am out!
hatin is confused admiration sir.
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by drnairalov: 8:58am On Jul 26, 2014
babamadiba: hatin is confused admiration sir.

hi donJazzy..no vex.
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Gaystar(m): 9:00am On Jul 26, 2014
My fuse is this SA thing, why always running to SA to produce some silly videos? are there no beautiful places in Nigeria? in fact why using white ladies to show class when our beautiful black sisters are naturally dazzling? I just pity out artist that are mainly carried always with this inferiority and small brain thing
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 26, 2014
majamajic: I like the part Tiwa tried to sip the hot tea and the Bello guy really tried.
Wack or hit, the video made Korede popular...

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by MilesLamar(m): 9:04am On Jul 26, 2014
keep ur opinion to urself
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 26, 2014
drnairalov:
hi donJazzy..no vex.
grin
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by arvinsloane(m): 9:19am On Jul 26, 2014
xamuel17: Haven't watched it.. As far am concerned, any music video that doesn't give me erections is rubbish to me smiley
Onye ara
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by chucky234(m): 9:23am On Jul 26, 2014
I watched the video and was pleased with it, there is nothing wack about the video except you want it converted to Nollywood comedy video.
Stop complaining and appreciate Mavin's effort, classic bad belle.
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 26, 2014
Aksonman: DOROBUCCI is a Naija slang; the song was a monster hit in Nigeria and I expected a FULL Nigerian cast in the video.

The South African extras in the video made it look pretty odd. The maid dancing in Tiwa's scene, the guy doing push ups with Asian girl on his back and Di'Ja's body guard-they were black but clearly had typical SA features. SA blacks look different from Nigerians.

Too many white and coloured girls.

Imagine if Davido had shot Aye in South Africa??

Nigerians artistes must stop featuring white girls on their videos for just featuring sake. If you must feature foreign women in a video their presence MUST add to the creativity of the video.

Chidinma's 'Emi ni baller' used foreign women but everyone loved that video cos they(oyinbo girls) were creatively used.
nd d whites in Timayas ukwu

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by RazziP(m): 9:33am On Jul 26, 2014
Oh Nigerians what else do we want we are all good in condeming things...if kemi or clearance direct the video we are still going to complain..what else
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by StoneColdBiceps(m): 9:33am On Jul 26, 2014
I for one i will say the video is NOT wack it just lost resonable content. Picture clarity n concept fell shot. D part were tiwa sipd tea lacks connection wit d 'doro hot' line. We were expecting tiwas hot hour glass figure! Again d 'follow d ladder' part is disconnected. D lady climbing a ladder s totaly unnecessary! It depict a painter in d process of working pop on ceiling. Poor content. Well, they say hype is d only thing bigger than hip hop, so d song is already a banger. With time we will get used to d vid. But wait...recently a saw 'wa ba mi lo' vid by sina ramb nd davido i ws jaw dropped! Dat vid s spankin grrrrrrrrrade A! Crystal clear nd picture clarity s so so so on point! Partrick Ellis did a good one. So lets get use to dorovideo cos dats aw bizness is, loss or gain, but above all dorojazi wnt fall shot of given us quality dat is within his controls.#Doropinion
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by TrYcIa1(f): 9:34am On Jul 26, 2014
The video is cool jor,wat were u guys expecting?Well,to me....Don jazzy remain the boss
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by abdulkayus(m): 9:38am On Jul 26, 2014
The video to me is too colourful. Too much xolour in d video make it look like a TV game. And dat woman shaking her behind at d Tiwa scene is totally uncall for, it doesn't make sense and doesn’t even rhyme wit d song.
Was expecting something far better.
I agree wot d OP that maybe Kemi Adetiba shld hav direct d video. That woman got concept, common jus watch Olamide's Sittin on the throne and Dis guy Benz video (hav forgotten d title), u will knw dat woman knw wat shootin a video is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Richest Nigerian Rapper / D'banj In-front Of Kanye West's Album Picture / VIDEO DOWNLOAD : Iyanya – Ur Waist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.