Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,925 members, 7,824,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria (2107 Views)

Checkout 2 New Data Plans Officially Launched By MTN / How To Share Mb On Mtn Nigeria / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
A while ago, maybe 3 or 4 months I wanted to make a call on my line & I was told that I had insufficient balance. Knowing I had more than #400 in my account, I quickly checked my account balance only to discover than it had been wiped out. I called the MTN customer care twice or thrice but the issue was not resolved. I was told that my credit was consumed by my phone data but even though i knew it was most likely a lie because i had a valid data subscription although it that was almost exhausted, I just let it slide.
Now, this same smart theft was carried out by MTN yesterday evening, except this time around I had a about 16 MB bonus data and 3G main data not yet used so they had no excuse. After calling customer care (twice now) they told me similar lines with what I was told during the first experience and they have not returned my credit up till now after promising to forward my complaint to their technical unit blah blah blah...
Only God and MTN knows the number of Nigerians that are being duped daily like this. I am contemplating reporting to the Consumer Protection Council (CPC) if MTN fails to return my money.
The questions are: Has anyone experienced this same theft & what is the procedure for lodging a complaint with the CPC?
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 2:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
0rex: A while ago, maybe 3 or 4 months I wanted to make a call on my line & I was told that I had insufficient balance. Knowing I had more than #400 in my account, I quickly checked my account balance only to discover than it had been wiped out. I called the MTN customer care twice or thrice but the issue was not resolved. I was told that my credit was consumed by my phone data but even though i knew it was most likely a lie because i had a valid data subscription although it that was almost exhausted, I just let it slide.
Now, this same smart theft was carried out by MTN yesterday evening, except this time around I had a about 16 MB bonus data and 3G main data not yet used so they had no excuse. After calling customer care (twice now) they told me similar lines with what I was told during the first experience and they have not returned my credit up till now after promising to forward my complaint to their technical unit blah blah blah...
Only God and MTN knows the number of Nigerians that are being duped daily like this. I am contemplating reporting to the Consumer Protection Council (CPC) if MTN fails to return my money.
The questions are: Has anyone experienced this same theft & what is the procedure for lodging a complaint with the CPC?

grin grin grin grin
sorry, my good friend . How much dey thief
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2014
tolutweety:

grin grin grin grin
sorry, my good friend . How much dey thief
#600 plus. That is why i only load credit when i need to make a call but it's somehow inconvenient. angry angry
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
0rex: A while ago, maybe 3 or 4 months I wanted to make a call on my line & I was told that I had insufficient balance. Knowing I had more than #400 in my account, I quickly checked my account balance only to discover than it had been wiped out. I called the MTN customer care twice or thrice but the issue was not resolved. I was told that my credit was consumed by my phone data but even though i knew it was most likely a lie because i had a valid data subscription although it that was almost exhausted, I just let it slide.

Thanks you noticed, same to me, i even remove my battery not to hear this data thing, i loaded #200, upon switching up my phone in the morning next, what i saw was #9.57k.
Let they continue, when one entity worships Mormon,and you do business with him, what do you expect, etisalat same
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
indigene:

Thanks you noticed, same to me, i even remove my battery not to hear this data thing, i loaded #200, upon switching up my phone in the morning next, what i saw was #9.57k.
Let they continue, when one entity worships Mormon,and you do business with him, what do you expect, etisalat same
Na wa o. What really pained me was the embarrassment. I had an important call to make at around 11p.m only to hear I did not have sufficient credit to make a call. Checking my balance, I saw 0.00 ... & I can borrow airtime bla bla bla.
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
0rex:
#600 plus. That is why i only load credit when i need to make a call but it's somehow inconvenient. angry angry

You cant continue loading your phone only when you want to make a call,that's rather absurd sad !!

Go to the nearest MTN Office, lay your complaint and ensure it gets rectified before you leave there.

It happened to me twice; i had to start loading the other line(etisalat) for making calls and i only used the MTN line,which was my major line,for receiving calls only since i refused to load it. Everything returned to normalcy when i started loading the line after a mandatory one-month leave.

1 Like

Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by damola311: 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
Dem be thief, this customer care statement dey vex me pass "sorry 4 d inconveniences"..... Dem don chop my 1000 like 3 times, i complained. They returned only once.

But i don't get angry with it, whenever their cheat comes out, na die dem always dey

1 Like

Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by calddon(m): 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
THIS NA OLD NEWS NAH. THATS ALWAYS BEEN THEIR COMPANY'S POLICITICAL HOBBY.
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
tolutweety:

You cant continue loading your phone only when you want to make a call,that's rather absurd sad !!

Go to the nearest MTN Office, lay your complaint and ensure it gets rectified before you leave there.

It happened to me twice; i had to start loading the other line(etisalat) for making calls and i only used the MTN line,which was my major line,for receiving calls only since i refused to load it. Everything returned to normalcy when i started loading the line after a mandatory one-month leave.

Lol... I meant to say i load small amounts instead of a single bulk loading but the point is that this problem is unpredictable. They just wipe out the account any time they like & I believe other people must be experiencing it too.
Thanks for the advice. I might visit their office when I'm chanced or I just follow your other method. cool Afterall I have been using my etisalat line to make calls since yesternight.
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
calddon: THIS NA OLD NEWS NAH. THATS ALWAYS BEEN THEIR COMPANY'S POLICITICAL HOBBY.
grin
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
damola311: Dem be thief, this customer care statement dey vex me pass "sorry 4 d inconveniences"..... Dem don chop my 1000 like 3 times, i complained. They returned only once.

But i don't get angry with it, whenever their cheat comes out, na die dem always dey
grin Chai! I think say dem chop my money I no know say my own na small.
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by kingvicking(m): 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2014

MTN are so good at screwing their potential customers instead of serving, only advantage of using MTN is "they are everywhere you go"

1 Like

Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
kingvicking:

MTN are so good at screwing their potential customers instead of serving, only advantage of using MTN is "they are everywhere you go"
grin . Honestly, God saved them they were among the first GSM service providers in Nigeria & they also have the best coverage.

1 Like

Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by runorefe(m): 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
same hapen to me
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by parrotibaba(m): 6:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
grin grin op its simple, DAT YOUR SIM IS EVIL!!!! ,D WITCHES IN YOUR VILLAGE R USING IT TO STEAL YOUR MONEY!!!!!! THROW IT INTO D RIVER ASAP!!!√
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by tolutweety(m): 7:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
parrotibaba: grin grin op its simple, DAT YOUR SIM IS EVIL!!!! ,D WITCHES IN YOUR VILLAGE R USING IT TO STEAL YOUR MONEY!!!!!! THROW IT INTO D RIVER ASAP!!!√
grin grin grin grin
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
runorefe: same hapen to me
grin MTN witnesses don plenty. Una better be careful.
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
parrotibaba: grin grin op its simple, DAT YOUR SIM IS EVIL!!!! ,D WITCHES IN YOUR VILLAGE R USING IT TO STEAL YOUR MONEY!!!!!! THROW IT INTO D RIVER ASAP!!!√
grin grin
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Rdduite(m): 11:03pm On Jul 24, 2014

Dummy!
peeps like you always look for an old woman in their village as an excuse for their laziness & consequencial misfortunes!

Dude learn to take blames for your mistakes & move on than looking for who to blame!
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
Rdduite:

Dummy!
peeps like you always look for an old woman in their village as an excuse for their laziness & consequencial misfortunes!

Dude learn to take blames for your mistakes & move on than looking for who to blame!
cheesy He was joking. grin
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by parrotibaba(m): 12:24am On Jul 25, 2014
0rex:
cheesy He was joking. grin
4get d fool dat can't discern a joke from a real one cheesy grin
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Rdduite(m): 3:47am On Jul 25, 2014
parrotibaba: 4get d fool dat can't discern a joke from a real one cheesy grin

Now see a big fool
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by udysweet(f): 5:27am On Jul 25, 2014
They did same to me last month. I had to insists on speaking to a team lead after countless calls. I had my 3gig intact with a little bonus data left. Naso dem wipe over 900naira! I no sleep o na over night I stress dem before I got 1k back. Funny enough same thing for Airtel in May o. Yeye pple na me dem wan kill before my time. Once dis night plan extra bonus drops dwn I go turn off my Data cos I don't hav credit for dem to steal. Not like I've ever gotten to use the 3gig sef. Always wipes off. Wish one can have an affordable data plan with no hidden charges
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by parrotibaba(m): 5:30am On Jul 25, 2014
Rdduite:

Now see a big fool
instead of accepting ur display of ignorance here,u decide to claim right, knock ur self out but don't expect me to swim in ur river ...shalom
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by SpaceGoat: 6:53am On Jul 25, 2014
5 type of girl you should avoid (playa guide) + picture https://www.nairaland.com/1828233/5-type-girl-male-guys#24951286 angry
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 25, 2014
udysweet: They did same to me last month. I had to insists on speaking to a team lead after countless calls. I had my 3gig intact with a little bonus data left. Naso dem wipe over 900naira! I no sleep o na over night I stress dem before I got 1k ...
cheesy Na wa o
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by nenergy(m): 10:08am On Jul 25, 2014

www.nairaland.com/1815448/tip-gsm-users-how-prevent
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by nenergy(m): 10:09am On Jul 25, 2014
udysweet: They did same to me last month. I had to insists on speaking to a team lead after countless calls. I had my 3gig intact with a little bonus data left. Naso dem wipe over 900naira! I no sleep o na over night I stress dem before I got 1k back. Funny enough same thing for Airtel in May o. Yeye pple na me dem wan kill before my time. Once dis night plan extra bonus drops dwn I go turn off my Data cos I don't hav credit for dem to steal. Not like I've ever gotten to use the 3gig sef. Always wipes off. Wish one can have an affordable data plan with no hidden charges

1 Like

Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 25, 2014
nenergy:

Thanks. After talking to their customer care rep, I was told their computer shows that I was charged for data even though I still had data left saying it was an issue with my phone & bla bla bla, after arguing for a while I just let the poor guy be & came to the conclusion that something was wrong somewhere at their end. I might still report to CPC though.
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by Rdduite(m): 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
parrotibaba: instead of accepting ur display of ignorance here,u decide to claim right, knock ur self out but don't expect me to swim in ur river ...shalom

cry
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by omoelu1(m): 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
They have deducted people's airtime unjustifiably so much that it is almost becoming a norm
Re: Credit Theft By MTN Nigeria by udysweet(f): 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
Oh many thanks! Will look dat up
nenergy:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Urgently Need To Know The Best Subscription For Blackberry / BLUBOO Xtouch (X500) Reviews&roms&faq&general Infos&discuss / INFINIX HOT 5 LITE Spec Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.