Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money (1230 Views)

Orubebe Appears In Court Over Money Laundering Allegations / EFCC Arrests Ex-Governor Lamido And Sons Over Money Laundering / Rented Crowd Protesting At PDP Secretariat In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by gratiaeo(m): 4:27pm On Jul 24, 2014

#BringBackOurGirls (BBOG)proteters
By Damilola Oyedele  

The allegation that a group of protesters demanding the return of the abducted Chibok schoolgirls are being sponsored may have been confirmed yesterday as some of its members after gathering in Abuja yesterday, engaged in a free-for-all over money they were promised for participating in the protest.

The group, all youths, clad in white T-shirts as against the red T-shirts of the #BringBackOurGirls (BBOG) protesters also gathered at the Unity Fountain in Abuja to mark the 100 days of the abduction of the girls. The group, however, gathered before the 3p.m. schedule of the planned sit-out by the BBOG, with T-shirts and banners with the inscriptions “Boko Haram, Return Our Girls Now.”

At the end of the meeting, THISDAY observed that some of them were fighting and struggling among themselves, complaining that someone had absconded with the money meant for them to share.

THISDAY also gathered that the group enjoyed a live coverage from the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) as the crew were observed packing their equipment and Mikano generator used for the live transmission.

The NTA crew however did not cover the BBOG group even though it already started proceedings to mark the 100 days.

It was also gathered that the Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Ms. Jumoke Akinjide, addressed the group in white shirts. This indicated government’s backing, to draw attention away from the Dr. Oby Ezekwesili’s group.

Meanwhile the BBOG group marking the 100 day of the abduction of the Chibok girls, lamented that no concrete result had been achieved.
Assembled at a sit-out in Abuja, the protesters called for more concerted efforts to ensure the safe release of the girls from the hands of their abductors, the Boko Haram sect.

The former Vice-President of the World Bank, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili, while addressing journalists on the sidelines of the sit-out at the Unity Fountain, said the group did not expect that the girls would still be in captivity  till now.

Speaking on the Tuesday meeting between President Goodluck Jonathan and the parents of the abducted girls, Ezekwesili said it was an important one.

“...From when it happened, we had expected that there should have been an outreach to the parents; that did not happen, but let bygones be bygones,” she said.
The former minister however noted that the outcome of the meeting would be measured by results, which would mean the safe rescue of the girls.
Ezekwesili added that although terrorism was a global challenge, all countries collaborating on the rescue of the Chibok girls are looking to the Nigerian government to provide the needed leadership towards getting results.

She also insisted that the #BringBackOurGirls group which had sat out consistently for 86 days now, would not relent until the girls are rescued.
“The protest is as effective as it can be. We do not control the apparatus that makes a country secure. We are the voice of the girls, in order to compel the appropriate actions to be taken. The end action is to compel the entity that holds the power to act, to act,” she added.

Addressing the youths who had converged on Kolo Town, Ogbia to elect officers for Ogbia branch of Ijaw Youth Council (IYC), the Special Adviser to the Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) on Youth Matters and Conflict Resolution, Mr. George Turnah, commended the youths for taking their destiny in their own hands by electing their leaders themselves and for the votes of confidence passed on Jonathan and Dickson.

Turnah, who charged the newly inaugurated Ijaw Youths’ Congress (IYC) clan executives and parliamentarians to live above board, assured them of his moral and financial support at all times.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/chibok-rented-crowd-fights-over-money/184395/
Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by merieam16(f): 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
I can't but laff...PEJ voice dariss God ooo

1 Like

Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
merieam16: I can't but laff...PEJ voice dariss God ooo
Girl u beautiful
Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by angela98(f): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
See how this gov people are causing the country so much embarrassment. What's all this rubbish news Nah. I wonder what international aids will be saying about naija government after reading this. What a shame! A very very very big shame! This people have turned this chibok saga into a money making, fighting, false allegations, disgraceful jamboree. Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by merieam16(f): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
edozie04: Girl u beautiful
tank smiles
Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by atlwireles: 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
Wetin man will not see in this land. grin grin angry
Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by PointB: 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
Abeg make I follow una laff biko.

heheheheheheh grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
You de mind dem.. Nigeria is my country and i know Nigerians, they dont do things that they wont gain anything from. Any protest that last for 2 days without NLC closing down all Government and private offices nationwide is sponsored.

Oby needs to mention her sponsors, cia or mi5
Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by Ngokafor(f): 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2014
...Lol!..now why am i not surprised?..smh!
Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by suwailad(f): 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
[size=15pt]What a shoddy and sham reporting by Thisday. I'm surprised that they are being used as the media propagandist been touted some weeks ago by investigations from people that gej' people are doing every thing to discredit #bringbackourgirls. Its a shame thisday has to be their anchor in a very shameful way. is this how low nduka can go? What a shame![/size]
Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by suwailad(f): 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2014
merieam16: I can't but laff...PEJ voice dariss God ooo
angela98: See how this gov people are causing the country so much embarrassment. What's all this rubbish news Nah. I wonder what international aids will be saying about naija government after reading this. What a shame! A very very very big shame! This people have turned this chibok saga into a money making, fighting, false allegations, disgraceful jamboree. Rubbish!
atlwireles: Wetin man will not see in this land. grin grin angry
PointB: Abeg make I follow una laff biko.
heheheheheheh grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
gboss4sure: You de mind dem.. Nigeria is my country and i know Nigerians, they dont do things that they wont gain anything from. Any protest that last for 2 days without NLC closing down all Government and private offices nationwide is sponsored.
Oby needs to mention her sponsors, cia or mi5
Ngokafor:
...Lol!..now why am i not surprised?..smh!

You guys are shameful. this reminds me of the story of the ants that followed the sugar in the urine until the man who pissed it walked by and crushed their head. Herd mentality on nairaland is amazing, jobless people will just read and the next thing type nonsense.
Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by atlwireles: 7:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
suwailad:

You guys are shameful. this reminds me of the story of the ants that followed the sugar in the urine until the man who pissed it walked by and crushed their head. Herd mentality on nairaland is amazing, jobless people will just read and the next thing type nonsense.

Quote me next time, if you have something to say. I am not interested in your salon discussion.

4 Likes

Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by gratiaeo(m): 7:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
I pledge to Nigeria my country.........
Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by texazzpete(m): 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
Read between the lines. It's clear THISDAY believes - as anyone sensible would - that the white-shirted fellows squabbling over money were Government plants put in place to discredit the BBOG movement.

NTA covering only the unruly group, even when anyone with eyes knew that the usual protesters don red shirts and have been gathering in a different site for weeks now.

Government deliberately choosing to address the imposters...even when everyone in Abuja knows the only BBOG protesters (the Oby group) are the red-shirted folks.

Protesters spontaneously breaking into a scuffle/squabble on live TV that happened to be the Govt stooge media, NTA

Only thing wrong with the article is the headline. It should have been "Government sponsored fake BringBackOurGirls protesters shame the nation on live TV"

Not since the Abacha days (criminalizing NADECO) have we seen an Administration stoop to such levels of pettiness.

1 Like

Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by angela98(f): 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
suwailad:

kettle calling pot black. If u had job u won't be here commenting on our posts. I know you are the wife of shekau, for that reason u can't handle the truth. Madam jobful, u never start.

4 Likes

Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by PointB: 8:11am On Jul 25, 2014
suwailad:

What is the clown blabbing about? undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:07am On Jul 25, 2014
oby ezekwesili constituting nuisance from time immemorial

1 Like

Re: Chibok: Rented Crowd Fights Over Money by shizzleStar: 9:23am On Jul 25, 2014
we all know they have always been rented crowds. shame on the them and the fugly sheddiot ezekwesili

(1) (Reply)

PDP Gov. Forum Has Already Purchased Membership Form For Omisore - AKPABIO / Where Did It All Go Wrong? / Liberia To Prosecute Man Who Brought Ebola To US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.