Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Meeting Place For All Nairaland Political Gurus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meeting Place For All Nairaland Political Gurus (604 Views)

Pls I Nid The Political Gurus To Answer This Quesion / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Nairaland Political Party? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meeting Place For All Nairaland Political Gurus by flyingdutchman(m): 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
Straight to the point- A fundamental issue was missed at the CONFAB by our so-called 'Defenders' or Elders: Instead of advocating for creation of more states, threatening to break-up Nigeria and so on, couldn't they have concentrated on National Unity? CALM DOWN Everybody...here's my reason:
We know that roots of Nigeria's problem are: (a) Corruption; (b) Tribalism/Ethnicity; (c) Religious Segregation; (d) Poor Work Ethics (e)Lack of Patriotism
The chief culprits are : Tribalism/Ethnicity and Religious Segregation and Lack of Patriotism. We should have seriously addressed that issue. Breaking up regions will only serve as a temporary panacea. While I'm NOT against dissolution of a country, I feel higher priority should be given to Cultivation of Patriotism.
(Don't laugh)----> The reason why some people cry when they hear their National Anthemn being sung is because they were taught from a very tender age, what it means to serve and love your country. Some people even refer to their country as "MOTHER LAND". This goes to show the sentimental attachment they have for their country.

SOLUTION: We need to total re-orientation of our views of Nationalism. Concessions should be made by Factions, Political Parties, CAN,
ISLAMIC Bodies, TRADITIONALISTS-
Resolutions should be made by Our Tiers of Government.
Curriculum in Primary, Secondary and Universities should be modified with emphasis laid on Patriotism.

In a way, I think God is trying to restructure/reposition Nigeria, contrary to popular belief that we are going to break-up. It is not too late to get our priorities right.

***LETS HEAR YOUR VIEWS. POLICAL WARRIORS OF NAIRALAND, SHEATH YOUR SWORD...LETS ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING MEANINGFUL***
Re: Meeting Place For All Nairaland Political Gurus by lionduke(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
Re: Meeting Place For All Nairaland Political Gurus by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
Present
Re: Meeting Place For All Nairaland Political Gurus by Nctrice(m): 11:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
Meaning?
Re: Meeting Place For All Nairaland Political Gurus by flyingdutchman(m): 9:58am On Jul 25, 2014
Were you referring to My Post or to the Oga who just answered present on the register?
Nctrice: Meaning?
Re: Meeting Place For All Nairaland Political Gurus by flyingdutchman(m): 10:00am On Jul 25, 2014
@Neeyor: Please have your seat...more Dignitries will be here any moment from now. Lets hope Boko people don't attack their entourage grin
Re: Meeting Place For All Nairaland Political Gurus by Idokosolomon(m): 11:11am On Jul 25, 2014
Meaning?
Re: Meeting Place For All Nairaland Political Gurus by citizenY(m): 11:28am On Jul 25, 2014
The conference was for people who went there to defend their actions yesterday and ensure that they remain so today and tomorrow. Nothing new , nothing learnt, no paradigm shift, in any way whatsover.

Just go through the list. Everyone should have gone back to his village to collect a mandate. That is democracy, not this hogwash we are seeing. Governmwnt has no business nominating anybody.

1 Like

Re: Meeting Place For All Nairaland Political Gurus by vedd: 11:30am On Jul 25, 2014
The careless speaches of Nigeria's political leaders have dragged this country further on a downward spiral, making disintegration to seem almost inevitable.
TALK IS NOT CHEAP!!!

Most of these "leaders" are the least patriotic group in this country.

Sometimes i'm compelled to believe the caption below which illustrate how much the devil pulls the striges on these "leaders" ...:

1 Like

Re: Meeting Place For All Nairaland Political Gurus by flyingdutchman(m): 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
I actually expected some serious Resolutions to be made, and passed on to schools, and all other sectors of our country. Too bad!
citizenY: The conference was for people who went there to defend their actions yesterday and ensure that they remain so today and tomorrow. Nothing new , nothing learnt, no paradigm shift, in any way whatsover.

Just go through the list. Everyone should have gone back to his village to collect a mandate. That is democracy, not this hogwash we are seeing. Governmwnt has no business nominating anybody.

(1) (Reply)

FRESH BREAKING NEWS!!! Another Blast In Kano / Glasgow 2014: Uduaghan Inspires Okagbare To 100m Gold / First Lady Disowns Drowned Christopher Awai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.