Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos (3039 Views)

Video: Insurgents Flee In Multitude As Military Bombards Sambisa Stronhhold / Nigerian Troops Recapture Damboa : Photos / Just Been Posted To Borno (boko Haram) State &my Parents Insist I Boycott Service. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by Eldavido1: 12:12am On Jul 25, 2014
Members of the civilian JTF in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital have arrested 5 members of the Boko Haram insurgents who came into Damboa to board vehicle at the Kano motor park (Tashan Kano). DailyPost gathered that the suspects were fleeing to Lagos, following stories that the military was ready to reclaim Damboa town.

A member of the JTF, Ahamadu Mamman told DailyPost that, some of the members of the Boko Haram sect who were fleeing Damboa town were being arrested by their members at motor parks within Maiduguri.

“We arrested 5 yesterday at Tashan Kano. I think 4 were killed and one of them who is alive is giving the soldiers information. We have stationed our boys at Tashan Journey and all the local spots where vehicles pick passengers, even along the roads and we have been succeeding,” Mamman said.

According to him, since the Boko Haram attacked Damboa and displace the people, it is obvious that war is imminent and some of them who don’t want to be caught up are seriously leaving the area.

He said, most of them who were arrested in Maiduguri and environs were all heading to the south west. “Almost all of them said, their destination was Lagos when we arrest them.”

dailypost.ng/2014/07/24/boko-haram-flees-damboa-head-lagos/

Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by DickDastardly(m): 12:16am On Jul 25, 2014
Afenifere and Opc should issue a statement on this o! cheesy
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 25, 2014
Ebola is waiting for them in Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by jmaine: 12:49am On Jul 25, 2014
We need to know who is harbouring them in Lagos..

4 Likes

Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by olatunji390(m): 12:51am On Jul 25, 2014
smartchoice: Ebola is waiting for them in Lagos.

I need ur help. Pls how can I reach u. I don't think ur pm is working
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by Nobody: 1:20am On Jul 25, 2014
olatunji390:

I need ur help. Pls how can I reach u. I don't think ur pm is working

What for?
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by talktimi(m): 1:41am On Jul 25, 2014
Some people will be deported in the middle of the night for this
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by Omexonomy: 1:45am On Jul 25, 2014
DickDastardly: Afenifere and Opc should issue a statement on this o! cheesy
those coward who ar fond of making loud noise thru their big mouth.
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by seanet02: 2:29am On Jul 25, 2014
jmaine: We need to know who is harbouring them in Lagos..
Exactly
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by Mogidi: 2:53am On Jul 25, 2014
Your prayers have been answered, they're here at last, please welcome them with open arms.
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by ayukdaboss(m): 3:17am On Jul 25, 2014
grin
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by olatunji390(m): 4:16am On Jul 25, 2014
smartchoice:

What for?

Its something important. How do I reach u
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 25, 2014
olatunji390:

undecided
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by merieam16(f): 5:35am On Jul 25, 2014
Mogidi: Your prayers have been answered, they're here at last, please welcome them with open arms.
grin
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by EasternLeopard: 6:40am On Jul 25, 2014
This story looks cooked up

BH has repelled 2 federal counter attacks to retake Damboa. Why then would they flee.

The source of this story is suspicious.
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by Eldavido1: 6:50am On Jul 25, 2014
EasternLeopard: This story looks cooked up

BH has repelled 2 federal counter attacks to retake Damboa. Why then would they flee.

The source of this story is suspicious.

The question is for how long can they sustain it? It's one thing to use an element of surprise and capture a place and it's another thing to sustain your victory giving that you heavily depend on moles for your success.

1 Like

Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by SporaD8: 7:04am On Jul 25, 2014
No wonder the spate of bombing in Kano parks are alarmingly high!
Lagos had better sit up!
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 25, 2014
olatunji390:

Say it here please I don't respond to PM's
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by EasternLeopard: 7:35am On Jul 25, 2014
Eldavido1:

The question is for how long can they sustain it? It's one thing to use an element of surprise and capture a place and it's another thing to sustain your victory giving that you heavily depend on moles for your success.

It takes men of resolve to face the military and repel 2 military counter attacks.

Well you might be right base on the fact that some were conscripted into BH.
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by WildChild00(m): 7:44am On Jul 25, 2014
smartchoice:

Kidnapping things cheesy :d
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by 0rlando0woh: 7:46am On Jul 25, 2014
Yorubas do you guys think you will encourage the north to kill their people and destroy their lands for political gains without them coming to your own land? Tinubu must keep to his own side of the bargain.
You cheerlead boko haram and encourage more attacks to use against the President, but you forget that the north will always come back for their pound of flesh. You call it political alliance, but they are no fools, you guys must keep to your own side of the bargain, when your lands start getting bombed and your people killed always remember to use it agains President Jonathan in the name of political alliance with the north.
Good morning!
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 25, 2014
@Op, how sure they are only fleeing? Don't yhu think they have a hidden agenda? If not they can't be leaving for Lagos en-mass
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by ichidodo: 8:45am On Jul 25, 2014
Its seems they want to stretch the military by establishing another front in Lagos.....
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by akokaite(m): 8:47am On Jul 25, 2014
Governor Fashola, should put adequate security in place. Because this people may join lorry of ram to Lagos o. May Almighty Allah (God) protect us against the evil Amin.
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 25, 2014
smartchoice:

for your mind you dey form Jona abi??
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by seankay(m): 9:08am On Jul 25, 2014
So I heard some boko boys travelled to Akure but where chased back by the Abokis living there stating that they are living peacefully and do not want trouble so they should return.I believe no matter the state they go in the SW, the Abokis living in the SW won't allow them stay cos they know What awaits them if there's a bomb blast with human casualties
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by IGBOSON1: 9:14am On Jul 25, 2014
jmaine: We need to know who is harbouring them in Lagos..

^^^I'm guessing the same type that were prepared to harbour the hoards heading to Port Harcourt a few weeks ago that were intercepted in Abia! You know......the ones we were told were businessmen!

1 Like

Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by IGBOSON1: 9:17am On Jul 25, 2014
0rlando0woh: Yorubas do you guys think you will encourage the north to kill their people and destroy their lands for political gains without them coming to your own land? Tinubu must keep to his own side of the bargain.
You cheerlead boko haram and encourage more attacks to use against the President, but you forget that the north will always come back for their pound of flesh. You call it political alliance, but they are no fools, you guys must keep to your own side of the bargain, when your lands start getting bombed and your people killed always remember to use it agains President Jonathan in the name of political alliance with the north.
Good morning!

^^^Did someone hack into this dudes account? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by signz: 9:23am On Jul 25, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Did someone hack into this dudes account? undecided

I think so undecided

3 Likes

Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:03am On Jul 25, 2014
Omexonomy: those coward who ar fond of making loud noise thru their big mouth.
You think they issue ultimata and sit-at-home protests like MASSOB?
Re: Borno: Boko Haram Insurgents Flee Damboa, Head For Lagos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:08am On Jul 25, 2014
0rlando0woh: Yorubas do you guys think you will encourage the north to kill their people and destroy their lands for political gains without them coming to your own land? Tinubu must keep to his own side of the bargain.
Good morning!
You can try, but you can't be me. I'll advise you desist from faking OrlandoOwoh. I'm sure you hardly get 'mentions' except from those who quote you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015 Poll: Prepare Your Charms, Other Native Powers Ready — Tinubu / The Crowd At APC Rally In Taraba Is Intimidating (photos) / PDP Grand Plan Exposed!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.