Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,793 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation (4762 Views)

Agnostics,atheists And Others Religion. Pleased Read!!! / Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by TheBigUrban2: 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
IbrahimMav: Allah's way is d the true way.

[img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/52983773.jpg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by IbrahimMav: 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

[img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/52983773.jpg[/img]

it has been said:

يُرِيدُونَ لِيُطْفِئُوا نُورَ اللَّهِ بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ وَاللَّهُ مُتِمُّ نُورِهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ

They desire to put out the light of Allah with their mouths but Allah will perfect His light, though the unbelievers may be averse.

Embrace Islam and be saved. May the light of Allah shine upon u.
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by blackprowler: 4:22am On Jul 27, 2014
joseph1013:

[b]
I agree. It should not be a place to be overly negative and be an avenue of religious bashing. Despite my knowledge level of both sides, I still resist calling the religious unintelligent. In my interactions, I prefer laying down facts and leave those who want to consider them to do so. I rarely bash religion on nairaland. I'm just not interested in the ego-driven arguments. I do my sports and occassional politics jejely on nairaland.

To those sending me PMs (I've seen three already) telling me what I'm losing in Christianity, I understand your concerns and love. I'm not angry at god. Infact I still consciously look for evidences to be a Christian again but all the facts fall flat and can't stand up to honest scrutiny. I really do want to believe again! Who wants to be alienated from loving friends and families? I have led men to Christ and evangelized earnestly. An awkward moment came a few months ago when someone I had led to Christ in the Universirty came up to me and thanked me profusely because according to him, his christianity helped him in his trying time years later after encountering Christ.

But I can't see reasons to believe. I dare any sincere christian to pick up 'Why I believed' by Kenneth Daniels (It's available freely online) and read it with an open mind.

There is nothing to be gained for living an illusion. WE ONLY GOT ONE LIFE!
[/b]

Have you seen the e-mail I dropped for ppl to add their contacts? Please let's start. I look forward to meeting you
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by NoContract(m): 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
Yea. I'm torn between an Agnostic Theist and Agnostic Athiest.

Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Awww! So that's the cause of the grievance? Well, truth hurts, get over it. And do some growing up while you're at it. Your online behaviour is so juvenile.
hey guy, fvck off from this thread if you have no meaningful contributions
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
IbrahimMav:

it has been said:

يُرِيدُونَ لِيُطْفِئُوا نُورَ اللَّهِ بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ وَاللَّهُ مُتِمُّ نُورِهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ

They desire to put out the light of Allah with their mouths but Allah will perfect His light, though the unbelievers may be averse.

Embrace Islam and be saved. May the light of Allah shine upon u.
BALDERDASH!

1 Like

Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by freethinker01: 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
RayMcBlue:

Awww! So that's the cause of the grievance? Well, truth hurts, get over it. And do some growing up while you're at it. Your online behaviour is so juvenile.
The tread is meant for those that are interested in joining, not for those that have some reasons for not joining. I think it's you that actually need some growing up or maybe you just don't have the ability to comprehend. Stay the Bleep off this thread niqqa.
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by RayMcBlue(m): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2014
harde2lah:
hey guy, fvck off from this thread if you have no meaningful contributions
freethinker01: The tread is meant for those that are interested in joining, not for those that have some reasons for not joining. I think it's you that actually need some growing up or maybe you just don't have the ability to comprehend. Stay the Bleep off this thread niqqa.

Couple of môrons.

I've already forgotten about the thread till this couple of geniuses quoted me, thereby automatically reawakening moi. The smart move was to ignore me, since I had been a no-show since yesterday (Had unfollowed the thread), but no, y'all had to display your foolishness by repeating the same old songs that I've heard several times already.

Stupidîty at it's peak. *SMH*

(Unfollows thread again).
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by IbrahimMav: 2:09pm On Jul 27, 2014
harde2lah:
BALDERDASH!

Ignorance is not a virtue. May the light of Allah shine upon you.
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by blackprowler: 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
NoContract: Yea. I'm torn between an Agnostic Theist and Agnostic Athiest.

Just drop your contacts on the e-mail provided and we can have discussions in our group
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by TheBigUrban2: 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
blackprowler:

Just drop your contacts on the e-mail provided and we can have discussions in our group

Just form a bb group.

No real names given...its anonymous.

Many people even have a second android phone that they dont use...
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
Joseph1013 has so perfectly expressed where I'm coming from in my journey of unbelief in a way I probably couldn't have ever articulated myself - I also use to belong to the tongue talking, demon chasing, fire brand before I got too inquisitive.
*tips hat* you're just so brilliant bro!
And I think the idea for a physical club like the one being hatched is laudable, even though it'll be too risky for people like me, considering my location, if the purpose of such meeting is overt. I'm from the northeastern part of the country (boko haram zone :/ ) so you can only imagine the joy of finding people like you on nairaland! It's like Manny in Ice Age meeting Ellie! And then relief to know that there are lots of equally "crazy" (and even crazier) folks here in naija. I thought I was the only one losing my mind and being deceived by sneaky demons. *phewww*

I kinda understand where the McRay guy is coming from too, like, the last thing I would do after finding this new freedom to be unclassified (because I'm still in the process of really establishing a worldview now) and to live my ONE LIFE peacefully is to have another label slapped upon me, or falling into the mental shackles of another (quasi-)organized religion... though the dude was quite rude frankly but it's probably because he hasn't quite understood the aims of such a group and apparently has not experienced the alienation, persecution and even threat to life that comes with our lack of belief. With the bloodthirsty maniacal bigots of my region, I've remained a closet skeptic, (never passing the opportunity to drop some 'logic bombs', here and there, when ever I can though) I've been called an Illuminati, antichrist, "psycho" and some really nasty things in the past. And as you may know very well it gets lonely, people become more and more suspicious of everything you say, do or even think... you can't genuinely hold any deep intellectual discourse or talk about controversial social issue with your old friends or family members, you just have to fly solo (and sometimes still have the misfortune of wasting your ONE LIFE at boring, useless church services to keep the peace with the family. The desire for some of us to huddle together with people with similar disbeliefs is totally in place... Simple things like having a lively, open-minded, intelligent chat with another human being, or just hanging out...and maybe indulging in some of the blessings of being human that religion vilifies seem priceless. We're social animals after all. AND SINCE MARRIAGES ARE MOSTLY ALONG RELIGIOUS LINES (be ye not unequally yorked with unbelievers), WHO WILL WE DATE OR MARRY?! AND WHERE WILL WE MEET THEM if we don't have such a group - even if it's, at the very least, virtual?

3 Likes

Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by joseph1013: 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2014

Your post makes me smile. It can get really lonely, can't it?

Hey, take a look at Kenneth Daniels' "Why I Believed". You get to get the kindle version for $0.99, however if you're like most Nigerians with little or no access to e-commerce, you may want to read the entire book at infidels.org

So nice meeting you.
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by joseph1013: 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2014

Here is the direct link to the book online:
www.infidels.org/library/ken_daniels/why.html

2 Likes

Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nice meeting you too. And thanks for the link.
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by blackprowler: 7:57am On Aug 01, 2014
Xcapist: John1013 has so perfectly expressed where I'm coming from in my journey of unbelief in a way I probably couldn't have ever articulated myself - I also use to belong to the tongue talking, demon chasing, fire brand before I got too inquisitive.
*tips hat* you're just so brilliant bro!
And I think the idea for a physical club like the one being hatched is plausible, even though it'll be too risky for people like me, considering my location, if the purpose of such a meeting is overt. I'm from the northeastern part of the country (boko haram zone :/ ) so you can only imagine the joy of finding people like you on nairaland! It's like Manny in Ice Age meeting Ellie! And then relief to know that there are lots of equally "crazy" (and even crazier) folks here in naija.

I kinda understand where the McRay guy is coming from too, like, the last thing I would do after finding this new freedom to be unclassified (because I'm still in the process of really establishing a worldview) and to live my ONE LIFE peacefully is to have another label slapped on me, or falling into the mental shackles of another (quasi-)organized religion... though the dude was quite rude frankly but it's probably because he hasn't quite understood the aims of such a group and apparently has not experienced the alienation, persecution and even threat to life that comes with our lack of belief. With the bloodthirsty maniac bigots of my region, I've remained a closet skeptic, (never passing the opportunity to drop some logic bombs, here and there, when ever I can though) I've been called an Illuminati, antichrist, "psycho" and some nasty things in the past and as you may know very well it gets lonely, people become more and more suspicious of everything you say, do or even think... you can't genuinely hold any deep intellectual discus or talk about controversial social issue with your old friends or family members, you just have to fly solo (and sometimes still have the misfortune of wasting your ONE LIFE at boring, useless church services to keep the peace with the family. The desire for some of us to cuddled up with people with similar disbeliefs is totally in place... Simple things like having a lively, open-minded, intelligent chat with another human being, or just hanging out...and maybe indulging in some of the blessings of being human that religion vilifies seem priceless. We're social animals after all. AND SINCE MARRIAGES ARE MOSTLY ALONG RELIGIOUS LINES (be ye not unequally yorked with unbelievers), WHO WILL WE DATE OR MARRY?! AND WHERE WILL WE MEET THEM if we don't have such a group - even if it's, at the very least, virtual?

I wish I could explain to you how deeply I feel you. I'm certain you understand me and where I'm coming from. Others have taken their good fortune for granted. They don't know what it is to be psychologically persecuted. Sadly you're in the North where it is much worse. Out of the millions in Lagos, I'm yet to find TEN people to start this thing. This country has a big problem
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by TheBigUrban2: 8:32am On Aug 01, 2014
blackprowler:

I wish I could explain to you how deeply I feel you. I'm certain you understand me and where I'm coming from. Others have taken their good fortune for granted. They don't know what it is to be psychologically persecuted. Sadly you're in the North where it is much worse. Out of the millions in Lagos, I'm yet to find TEN people to start this thing. This country has a big problem

Who wants to die?

You are new on nairaland. We have actually tried something like this but then, you cant trust anyone. No one wants to share their contact details only to be outed out as an atheist.

There is even the case of a Judas atheist. Imagine your fellow atheist selling you out and exposing you to christian nutjobs all because of money or personal benefit?

A bb group would be better since bb is almost anonymous. i have 2 bbs
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by joseph1013: 11:20am On Aug 02, 2014

Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
mmsen: You could join the preexisting Nigerian Humanist Association.
do they function at all? I went to their site, its been awhile they post anything there, i think they stopped functioning
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2014
joseph1013:

[b]
I agree. It should not be a place to be overly negative and be an avenue of religious bashing. Despite my knowledge level of both sides, I still resist calling the religious unintelligent. In my interactions, I prefer laying down facts and leave those who want to consider them to do so. I rarely bash religion on nairaland. I'm just not interested in the ego-driven arguments. I do my sports and occassional politics jejely on nairaland.

To those sending me PMs (I've seen three already) telling me what I'm losing in Christianity, I understand your concerns and love. I'm not angry at god. Infact I still consciously look for evidences to be a Christian again but all the facts fall flat and can't stand up to honest scrutiny. I really do want to believe again! Who wants to be alienated from loving friends and families? I have led men to Christ and evangelized earnestly. An awkward moment came a few months ago when someone I had led to Christ in the Universirty came up to me and thanked me profusely because according to him, his christianity helped him in his trying time years later after encountering Christ.

But I can't see reasons to believe. I dare any sincere christian to pick up 'Why I believed' by Kenneth Daniels (It's available freely online) and read it with an open mind.

There is nothing to be gained for living an illusion. WE ONLY GOT ONE LIFE!
[/b]
hello pls get a book and read, thats what ido whenever a subject is giving much headache. Start with richard dawkins-the god delusion and move to sam harris-end of faith and you yourself will search for more books. Some of the answers you finding are there. Thanks joseph
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by Eddlad: 10:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hello,
Quite interesting something.Am a theist though,but would like to hang around.
Is there a book for atheists?I think 1 among you mentioned.Please don't take this the wrong way but what does someone who does not believe in God need in such.To what end?
I hope you can accommodate me. kiss
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 03, 2014
Eddlad: Hello,
Quite interesting something.Am a theist though,but would like to hang around.
Is there a book for atheists?I think 1 among you mentioned.Please don't take this the wrong way but what does someone who does not believe in God need in such.To what end?
I hope you can accommodate me. kiss
there is no book for atheist, just books anybody can read, but the religious bigots wont read it, maybebecause of fear of doubting, fear of knowing the truth, which is caused by brainwashing. So, Mr Eddlad, no book for atheist, no commandments, no church.
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by Eddlad: 7:43pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hmm....really,cause many of you make mention of the same facts whenever confronted.By the way is it really necessary for all these defences,won't prudence be it that these so called Christians show you what they have seen that's soo puzzling and astonishing?
Won't prudence point that if we are wrong you have nothing to lose...
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by joseph1013: 8:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
Eddlad: Hmm....really,cause many of you make mention of the same facts whenever confronted.By the way is it really necessary for all these defences,won't prudence be it that these so called Christians show you what they have seen that's soo puzzling and astonishing?
Won't prudence point that if we are wrong you have nothing to lose...

Your assertion is a little surprising. It is my experience that the reverse is the case. Theists, especially Christians don't believe in a 'Live and let live' proposition. Intact, in line with the scriptures, anyone does not believe in it is not a good Christian. They need to proselyte to follow the examples of Christ. So yeah, Christians are the ones who have proven to be on the defensive.

An average skeptic is open to be shown new things, not the same old rehashed statements that have been debunked over and over again. it gets tiring and can be a waste of valuable time.

So yeah, if you have great stuffs to say, you're welcomed but be sure they are proven and validated cos research as shown that the average skeptic is more widely read than the average religious person.
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by Eddlad: 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
What you have said is partly true but I won't delve that direction further.Also I think your stance in particular is a fair one.Religion comes to us all differently and it's good to at least hear what other parties have to say cause if it's true then that could in essence be the most important aspect of your life.I have a lot I would actually like to share but remember that being a christian isn't the absence of questions but willingness to look beyond.

Eddlad.
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by blackprowler: 6:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
I started this thread for us to quit online chatter and be real-life friends. Instead it has become the same online chatter. How more Nigerian can it get?
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by sunlux: 6:22am On Aug 13, 2014
Tanx my man i will like to join dis group.pls lets open one facebook acct for the organisation. am a humanist my name is akin i live in fct my fone is 08061172860 i welcome every
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by blackprowler: 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
sunlux: Tanx my man i will like to join dis group.pls lets open one facebook acct for the organisation. am a humanist my name is akin i live in fct my fone is 08061172860 i welcome every

Thanks for stopping by. The problem we have is distance as I wanted this to be a physical club of Lagos residents. I suggested those in other states open theirs. Thanks once again
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by basille(m): 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
For some time now i have been having the same thought (especially the physical meeting aspect) for fellows with similar views. Yea it gets lonely sometimes (in a religiously crazy country like this where stigmatization is common ), and i would love to engage in intellectual discussions with like minds.
I'm currently schooling in Awka, Anambra State and would like to become part of such organisation (distance problem). A problem for this organisation is that anybody can pose as an atheist and be welcomed.
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by basille(m): 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2: A bb group would be better since bb is almost anonymous. i have 2 bbs
Yes, that's a good idea. Who would create the group?
Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by NoContract(m): 7:28am On Oct 03, 2014
basille: For some time now i have been having the same thought (especially the physical meeting aspect) for fellows with similar views. Yea it gets lonely sometimes (in a religiously crazy country like this where stigmatization is common ), and i would love to engage in intellectual discussions with like minds.
I'm currently schooling in Awka, Anambra State and would like to become part of such organisation (distance problem). A problem for this organisation is that anybody can pose as an atheist and be welcomed.

ANYBODY IS WELCOMED IF YOU ARE READY TO HAVE YOUR FAITH CHALLENGED.

TRUST ME, MOST NIGERIANS WOULD COWER.

2 Likes

Re: Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 03, 2014
Here's my bb pin, add me to the group. 7ffc1859

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Scientific Fact: God Created Dinosaurs! / I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home / A Dinner With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.