Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,505 members, 7,954,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:41 PM

Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. (1650 Views)

EXPOSITION Of The 1000 Years Millenial Reign Of Christ On Earth / “God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo / TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 25, 2014
We need a minimum of 1000 people to agree to go on a march within the main Nigerian cities where there is a proliferation of mushroom churches, from house to house preaching the real gospel of the kingdom, sharing bread and exposing the SCAM called 'Christianity' in Nigeria today.

All the Myths, Fabrications, Gimmicks and Tricks of these world wide conmen must be exposed and we must set our people free.

We have been here for years talking the talk, now lets walk the walk.

Please state your interest here and we will take it from there.

No dates fixed yet.

NOTE :

1. We are talking about the business centres called churches not the real ones, through even these ones are very few and far between.

2. Boko Haram Regions will be avoided for now.

3. Prayer must be said for protection against possible assassins and body guards.

4. Be prepared to deal with the possibility of sudden riots by the blind supporters of these so called MOG. Safety will be a high priority.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by Omexonomy: 10:18am On Jul 25, 2014
I am with you on these. The thing be say who will pay or provide security for us durring the march and what critaria are we going to use in determining a real and righteous church.
(Aside) mukina2 seun and mynd44 please kindly help us move it to front page. Thanks and may God bless you.
Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 25, 2014
nice move. count me in.
Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by DickDastardly(m): 11:10am On Jul 25, 2014
Dont bother about security. Comming with moi MACHETTE to act as Apostle Peter.
Enough ear-cutting. cool
Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
DickDastardly: Dont bother about security. Comming with moi MACHETTE to act as Apostle Peter.
Enough ear-cutting. cool

no violent people allowed tongue
Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by DickDastardly(m): 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
frosbel:

no violent people allowed tongue
Dont forget that the kingdom of God suffereth violence.... angry[quote author=frosbel]
Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
Only 3 subscribers
Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by mmsen: 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
What makes your brand of xtianity any less of a scam?

1 Like

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
mmsen: What makes your brand of xtianity any less of a scam?

I am a follower of the Way which is through Jesus, I am not a Christian.

smiley
Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by nep2ra(m): 10:22pm On Jul 25, 2014
frosbel:

smiley

OMG!

Bro frosbel, na you be dis?

"Follower of the Way", "I'm NOT a Christian"

*whistles to self*

Okokobioko! Wonders shall never end!

1 Like

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
nep2ra:

OMG!

Bro frosbel, na you be dis?

"Follower of the Way", "I'm NOT a Christian"

*whistles to self*

Okokobioko! Wonders shall never end!

"and [Saul who became Paul] asked for letters from him to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, both men and women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem." (Acts 9:2).

"However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets," - Acts 24:14

Christianity was never meant to be used to define followers of Jesus, in fact Paul never referred to himself as a Christian and neither did the Jewish or Gentile early believers.

They were called Christian by others , they did not use this term themselves and in fact it has been insinuated that the word Christian was used in a derogatory manner.

Christianity as a religion was founded by that PAGAN Emperor Constantine and a lot of Christendom still imbibes many of the practices he introduced and sanctioned through the apostate bishops.
Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by nep2ra(m): 11:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
frosbel:

"and [Saul who became Paul] asked for letters from him to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, both men and women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem." (Acts 9:2).

"However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets," - Acts 24:14

Christianity was never meant to be used to define followers of Jesus, in fact Paul never referred to himself as a Christian and neither did the Jewish or Gentile early believers.

They were called Christian by others , they did not use this term themselves and in fact it has been insinuated that the word Christian was used in a derogatory manner.

Christianity as a religion was founded by that PAGAN Emperor Constantine and a lot of Christendom still imbibes many of the practices he introduced and sanctioned through the apostate bishops.

I find it funny you are FINALLY embracing this line of argument. I posted a topic on this subject in 2012. (https://www.nairaland.com/1089568/christianity-fraud). Your contributions to this topic were not along this line of thinking or so it seemed to me. When did you have this sudden epiphany?

How time changes people!

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 26, 2014
nep2ra:

I find it funny you are FINALLY embracing this line of argument. I posted a topic on this subject in 2012. (https://www.nairaland.com/1089568/christianity-fraud). Your contributions to this topic were not along this line of thinking or so it seemed to me. When did you have this sudden epiphany?

How time changes people!

cheesy

Not just time but also freedom from the tyranny of religion which enslaved me and wasted many years of my life.

Of course I still believe in Jesus but this Jesus is not the same Jesus of 'Christianity'.

For example 'Christianity has been responsible for the butchering of a horrifying number of human beings, the same people that Jesus came to save.

Jesus also told his followers not to condemn anyone and yet we see Christians condemning, judging and insulting people of other faiths and professions . I was like this before , ask the muslims and Catholics, it was really fanaticism on steroids.

Jesus said we should love our enemies but Christians (example : mountain of fire ) pray that their enemies are destroyed, disabled or even tormented with fire. And then the Catholic Church showed love to their neighbours by rounding up dissenters and burning many at the stake while torturing others into confession.

Further , the so called Puritan Christians went to America and wiped out the Indians. Not to forget our beloved evangelical , holy , special brethren in the South of USA who enslaved millions of 'poor' blacks while putting them through complete and total misery in direct contrast to the bible commands. And how did these evangelical lot show love to the Arabs ?? By supporting and in many cases sending their sons to partake of a fraudulent war in Iraq that caused the death of over 500,000 people.

Jesus said we should not forget the poor yet many so called Christian MOG rob the poor and even live opulent life styles.

The list is endless . Christianity is totally opposed to THE WAY.

I think I support Gandhi when he said " I like your Christ but not your Christians ".

2 Likes

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by ByfireByfire: 3:50am On Jul 26, 2014
one billion likes

one billion likes

one billion likes.
Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by shdemidemi(m): 6:52am On Jul 26, 2014
What has being called a Christian, a Nazarene, or a follower of the way got to do with the substance of the faith? What name we are called or whatever name we call ourselves isn't what matters but the spiritual relationship we have with God and our allegiance to the doctrine of Christ is what matter.

We have to be careful not to leave the things that matter for less important issues that has no spiritual relevance to the faith.

4 Likes

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by alexleo(m): 7:32am On Jul 26, 2014

1000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 likes.
Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by Tgirl4real(f): 9:45am On Jul 26, 2014
shdemidemi: What has being called a Christian, a Nazarene, or a follower of the way got to do with the substance of the faith? What name we are called or whatever name we call ourselves isn't what matters but the spiritual relationship we have with God and our allegiance to the doctrine of Christ is what matter.

We have to be careful not to leave the things that matter for less important issues that has no spiritual relevance to the faith.

I have to agree with you 100% here. Frosbel claims to be a follower of the way, not knowing he is already an enemy of the way.

Imagine asking people to go match to preach the 'real' gospel when he got his doctrine twisted already. Anyone who listens and accept this brand of "the gospel" would be left worse and more depraved than he was before he met Frosbel.

5 Likes

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
Another thing I forgot to add ; with Jesus there is only ONE way whereas with Christianity there are thousands of ways such as catholic, anglican, deeper life, methodist etc each one with it's own idea on what the gospel is , how it should be disseminated and how to control it's members.

With the WAY , Jesus leads , whereas with Christianity the MOGs, overseers, CEOs etc lead their respect denominations. I tell ya, Christianity is confusion of babelic proportions.

It is in the name of Christianity that we have doctrines of devils like Calvinism which erroneously states that God deliberately created men knowing that 90% will be destroyed while allowing the privileged 10% to keep on sinning because they are once saved and always saved. Worse yet, some Christian churches tell you not to take medicine and this single madness alone has resulted in the deaths of countless thousands.

The majority of Christian denominations defraud their brothers through tithes when Paul said we should defraud no one , what about those that preach about eternal fire making God 1 millions times worse than Satan , the list is endless. It has held people in both spiritual and doctrinal bondage for ages and it is time to set these people free.

In Nigeria if someone tells you to trust him because he is a Christian it is reason enough not to trust him. Very sad state of affairs.

cool

2 Likes

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by ayoku777(m): 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
frosbel:

smiley
And what difference does changing name from "christian" to "follower of the way" really makes in the life of the one who does it?

"Christian" is the english rendition of the greek "/Christianos/" which means follower(s) of Christ. So you changed your name from "follower of Christ" to "follower of The Way" - what exactly has that really changed? Except just a religious "good" feeling? Is Christ not The Way? Or are you not a follower of Christ any longer?

We can't continue to change our identity everytime we are critisized and persecuted or made to feel bad about our religious affiliations. When the "Catholic inquisiton" is brought up we call ourselves protestant, when the flaws and heresis of protestanism is uncovered we become pentecostals and charismatics. When that too is exposed we become non-denominational christian; and then when christianity is painted in a bad light we become "followers of the way".

Name-hopping changes nothing! It is the regeneration of the human spirit through faith in Christ that changes a man. We need to admit and take responsibility for what carnal men have done in the name of Christ and Christianity over the ages under every denominational affiliations, repent of them and begin to show the world what true christianity as of the bible days really looks like - through our lives and our teaching.

So you are a still a christian (follower of Christ), unless "the way" you are now a follower of is not the Christ of the bible.

You may choose not to be a catholic, or a protestant or a pentecostal or even a non-denominational, and I even partly support that; I myself also love to say I don't do denominations. But you can't choose not to be a christian just because of what has been done in the name of Christ. There were false prophets and false apostles too during the time of the early church, but that didn't make the apostles stop calling themselves apostles just because of what the false ones did with that name or identity.

Besides, "Christianos -follower of Christ" or "follower of the way" mean the same thing if "The Way" you're referring to is the Christ of the bible. Otherwise you're truly not a christian then -i believe you are though.

8 Likes

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by ayoku777(m): 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
...Repeat!
Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by torchwave: 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
Shdemidemi, Tgirl4real and Ayoku777. You guys have said all there is to say. Wonderful contribution.

Frosbel, wish you luck with your thousand-man-march revolution. Hope it makes CNN headlines.

While they are reaching out to the lost, the perishing, the sick and the hurting like Christ said we should, all you care about is pulling down churches. There is a way that seemeth right to a man.

1 Like

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
torchwave: Shdemidemi, Tgirl4real and Ayoku777. You guys have said all there is to say. Wonderful contribution.

Frosbel, wish you luck with your thousand-man-march revolution. Hope it makes CNN headlines.

While they are reaching out to the lost, the perishing, the sick and the hurting like Christ said we should, all you care about is pulling down churches. There is a way that seemeth right to a man.

If indeed you are making a big difference in Nigeria with your so called gospel, please explain the following trends :

1. There is no difference between the rate of abortions in the 'world' compared to the 'church'.
2. S.exual misconduct in the church with increasing scandals is also at par with that of the world
3. 80% of churches preach the tithe under the threat of either an impending curse or eternal hell. This of course is a fraud.
4. From experience, Nigerian Christians are seen as judgemental, harsh, critical and even cruel. Tell me how this unfortunate conduct is supposed to win souls for Christ.
5. The gospel preached in Nigeria is like this ( trust me I have been there before ) ; accept Jesus into your heart, sign membership with my church , make sure you attend all programmes and services and of course remember your obligation to tithe. It does not matter that in your private time when no one is looking you can indulge in p.ornography, swear, curse and do whatever , that's not important, as far as you remain a member of our church and abide by its rules and regulations you are saved.
6. Many churches consider you as a backslider if you go to another church and even ridicule and mock you behind your back which of course is gossip and slander.
7. Jesus said we should never lord it over fellow believers but your leaders are lords and masters , everyone else must bow to their demands.

The list is endless but let me ask you one question. Why are so many people put off by you Christians and want nothing to do with your gospel , in fact it is a known fact that many Nigerian children are abandoning the faith of their parents and going either agnostic or atheist . why ?

Until you people lead by good and godly example and until you preach the real gospel that Jesus preached, everything else is hogwash.

cool

1 Like

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by nep2ra(m): 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
torchwave: Shdemidemi, Tgirl4real and Ayoku777. You guys have said all there is to say. Wonderful contribution.

[s]While they are reaching out to the lost, the perishing, the sick and the hurting like Christ said we should,[/s] all you care about is pulling down churches. There is a way that seemeth right to a man.

With the number of churches in Nigeria, I thought they would have influenced things for the better in that country. Didn't Jesus say:

"Ye are the salt of the earth..." ~ Matthew 5:13a

On the contrary, most churches in Nigeria (96% of them!) are "dens of robbers". The gospel they preach is one motivated by greed and personal enrichment and not one motivated by the need to bring succor to the weary, hope to the perishing and comfort to the hurting.

Little wonder Nigeria is the way it is now. You see politicians who profess God with their mouth yet do not think twice about looting the commonwealth of the masses. "Shebi we go go church come pay tithe join." is what they say in their hearts. Your god of men do not hesitate to embrace them and give them positions of honor when they visit their churches. The poor and the weary who go there trusting to encounter God are mercilessly plundered of the little they have.

You think you people know God in Nigeria? Far from it! All I see is religious gymnastics as a result of the harsh economic climate.

The country I currently reside in care nothing for God or religion yet their government and its people have the greatest regard for human life. They care for one another and do everything to help the downtrodden in society even foreigners!

You modern day Nigerian Christians do not know God!

1 Like

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by alexleo(m): 8:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
Tgirl4real:

I have to agree with you 100% here. Frosbel claims to be a follower of the way, not knowing he is already an enemy of the way.

Imagine asking people to go match to preach the 'real' gospel when he got his doctrine twisted already. Anyone who listens and accept this brand of "the gospel" would be left worse and more depraved than he was before he met Frosbel.

I love this. Thanks dear. Ayoku77, torchwave, schidemidemi thanks to you all.

1 Like

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by torchwave: 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
I see. The solution, then, is to slander and sling mud at churches? Clap for yourself.

Tell me, how many churches have you built to preach the true Word of God? You will not build but you are eager to destroy what others have built.

Why don't you start a church and preach the undiluted Word of God. Isn't it still reaching out to people with the knowledge of the true Word of God?

What happened to taking a matter to God in prayer? Do you feel God takes too long to answer prayers to justify taking matters into your hands?

You have no power to change man. Only God does.

He who does not gather scatters and a city divided against itself will fall.

God did not make you a judge. All He requires from you is that you follow Him. Simple as that. Every other thing is secondary.

3 Likes

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by torchwave: 8:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
nep2ra:

With the number of churches in Nigeria, I thought they would have influenced things for the better in that country. Didn't Jesus say:

"Ye are the salt of the earth..." ~ Matthew 5:13a

On the contrary, most churches in Nigeria (96% of them!) are a "dens of robbers". The gospel they preach is one motivated by greed and personal enrichment and not one motivated by the need to bring succor to the weary, hope to the perishing and comfort to the hurting.

Little wonder Nigeria is the way it is now. You see politicians who profess God with their mouth yet do not think twice about looting the commonwealth of the masses. "Shebi we go go church come pay tithe join." is what they say in their hearts. Your god of men do not hesitate to embrace them and give them positions of honor when they visit their churches. The poor and the weary who go there trusting to encounter God are mercilessly plundered of the little they have.

You think you people know God in Nigeria? Far from it! All I see is religious gymnastics as a result of the harsh economic climate.

The country I currently reside in care nothing for God or religion yet their government and its people have the greatest regard for human life. They care for one another and do everything to help the downtrodden in society even foreigners!

You modern day Nigerian Christians do not know God!

Now what is that to you? Follow Jesus, not men. That is why the Bible is given to you so that you will not be deceived.

Every man shall give account of his life. The Christian Faith is a personal race. Your pastor will not run it for you neither will your dad or mom or loved ones run for you. Everybody is on his or her own.

If the pastors have deviated from their Calling to engage in other things in order to enrich themselves, you did not send them; God will judge everything done in the flesh whether secret or known.

1 Like

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by nep2ra(m): 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
torchwave: Now what is that to you? Follow Jesus, not men. That is why the Bible is given to you so that you will not be deceived.

Every man shall give account of his life. The Christian Faith is a personal race. Your pastor will not run it for you neither will your dad or mom or loved ones run for you. Everybody is on his or her own.

If the pastors have deviated from their Calling to engage in other things in order to enrich themselves, you did not send them; God will judge everything done in the flesh whether secret or known.

That is why the Koran, the Vedas, the Tripitaka, the Vedas, the Analects, the Guru Granth Sahib, e.t.c is also given to you so that you will not be deceived.
Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
nep2ra:

That is why the Koran, the Vedas, the Tripitaka, the Vedas, the Analects, the Guru Granth Sahib, e.t.c is also given to you so that you will not be deceived.
Pls don't delve into such books, they are not good for you spiritually...I am talking from experience based on hindsight. The bible is your best option anytime anyday.God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by lastmessenger: 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
frosbel:

smiley
watching u through my rear view.
Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by nep2ra(m): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
Bidam: Pls don't delve into such books, they are not good for you spiritually...I am talking from experience based on hindsight. The bible is your best option anytime anyday.God bless you.

Brother, for once in your life, please come off your high horse.

This kind of intolerant argument is the reason we have conflict and wars today. How can you say and DETERMINE that the Bible is my best option?

In one fell swoop, you condemned other religious text just because you believe the Bible is the TRUTH. Rather subjective opinion, isn't it.

You Christians need some EDUCATION and just maybe a little bit HUMILITY. The mind boggles.

I remember when I used to attend church back in those days; I went into a newsagent shop to have my travel card topped-up and the Asian man at the counter (who I was very good friends with) took one look at the Bible I placed on the counter and looked at me incredulously

"You are a Christian?" He asked

"Yes I am" I replied, wondering why he had that puzzled look on his face.

"That book is evil. It contains accounts of genocide, murder and wanton killings condoned by God." He continued

I had to agree with him on that one and didn't want to press the argument further because I knew he was largely referring to the Old testament and probably didn't know the other part of the Bible contained much more than that.

So you see my friend, stop thinking of your Bible as the best book in the world.
Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 29, 2014
nep2ra:

Brother, for once in your life, please come off your high horse.

This kind of intolerant argument is the reason we have conflict and wars today. How can you say and DETERMINE that the Bible is my best option?

In one fell swoop, you condemned other religious text just because you believe the Bible is the TRUTH. Rather subjective opinion, isn't it.

You Christians need some EDUCATION and just maybe a little bit HUMILITY. The mind boggles.

I remember when I used to attend church back in those days; I went into a newsagent shop to have my travel card topped-up and the Asian man at the counter (who I was very good friends with) took one look at the Bible I placed on the counter and looked at me incredulously

"You are a Christian?" He asked

"Yes I am" I replied, wondering why he had that puzzled look on his face.

"That book is evil. It contains accounts of genocide, murder and wanton killings condoned by God." He continued

I had to agree with him on that one and didn't want to press the argument further because I knew he was largely referring to the Old testament and probably didn't know the other part of the Bible contained much more than that.

So you see my friend, stop thinking of your Bible as the best book in the world.
I never hid the fact of where i came from before becoming a christian on this forum, you can check all my posts to see what i said. Maybe your christianity which you claimed you have never had a deep seated root in Christ. I do not see christianity as a religion but a lifestyle..like i said initially and still maintain ..stop delving into occultic books that are full of religious spirits..Either take that piece of advice or leave i don't care. Most folks that are far ahead of you in the spiritual have confessed that those books are dangerous and the best book is the bible.

1 Like

Re: Religious Revolution In Nigeria And The 1000 Man March. by Image123(m): 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
frosbel:

1 Peter 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Christian simply means follower of Christ, like some unbelievablers call believers pastor, Jesus' mother. Life is not as complex as some of you twist it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muhammad's Hatred For Jews / Parisbookaddict, Does Islam Discriminate Against Negroes? / Audio Bible In 16 Nigerian Languages (including English & French)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.