Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Go And Ask My Pastor ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Go And Ask My Pastor ? (696 Views)

Help! My Pastor Hates Me! / My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) / Must My Pastor Rake Me To Fall In The Name Of Deliverance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Go And Ask My Pastor ? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 25, 2014
What do people mean when they say ' I will ask my pastor or go and ask my pastor'

Who is this pastor that has so much control and power over these mugus ? What happened to go and ask God or pray to him or I will go and ask God and pray to him.

Since when did Pastors become encyclopaedias on all matters which range from marriage, philosophy of life , finance , family etc. What the hell is going on people ?

You are selling your birthright to other men and women who are using you to advance and fulfil their ambitions.

Why should I ask my Pastor about who to marry , or how to spend my money or how to pray or how to relate to friends and family or how to interpret the bible.

Please stop telling me to ask you Pastor ! I am asking YOU , yes YOU YOU YOU.

2 Likes

Re: Go And Ask My Pastor ? by Omexonomy: 11:01am On Jul 25, 2014
I think go and ask frosbel is better
Re: Go And Ask My Pastor ? by shdemidemi(m): 11:39am On Jul 25, 2014
My brother, asking pastors/teachers isn't wrong when things ain't clear in scriptures. People use that vague cliche of claiming to go ask God for issues, like He responds to our questions asides what He says in the book.

I believe the word of God is too full hence it has every answer partaining to life and its challenges; only if one can find a true pastor teacher who has the gift and the skill to teach coupled with sound understanding of scripture and its settings.

1 Like

Re: Go And Ask My Pastor ? by PastorKun(m): 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
shdemidemi: My brother, asking pastors/teachers isn't wrong when things ain't clear in scriptures. People use that vague cliche of claiming to go ask God for issues, like He responds to our questions asides what He says in the book.

I believe the word of God is too full hence it has every answer partaining to life and its challenges; only if one can find a true pastor teacher who has the gift and the skill to teach coupled with sound understanding of scripture and its settings.

I agree with the above, there nothing wrong in soliciting a pastor's advise especially on spiritual issues but the problem is that people over do it and allow it to get to some pastor's heads who now see themselves as God's representative on earth.
Re: Go And Ask My Pastor ? by emperortony: 3:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
To my little understanding, most members cannot see, nor hear GOD when he speaks. But it is believe their pastors does cause he has the anointing for it( if he is real though, cause some fake ones have done terrible harm than good.) But to me carefully studying of your spouse, can do the job!! But some humans good pretenders. grin
Re: Go And Ask My Pastor ? by emperortony: 3:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
To my little understanding, most members cannot see, nor hear GOD when he speaks. But it is believe their pastors does cause he has the anointing for it( if he is real though, cause some fake ones have done terrible harm than good.) But to me carefully studying of your spouse, can do the job!! But some humans good pretenders. grin
Re: Go And Ask My Pastor ? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
One of my former Pastors asked my wife and I about our sex life during a counselling session many years ago and I was like what the hell ! Since when did Pastors get involved in peoples sex life. The power these people wield over the 'follow follow ' sheeple does not come from God for sure.

I will not ask my Pastor I will ask God. If I do not hear from him then it means I may not have the anointing. It is the anointing that teaches and guides ALL believers not just a select few . There is no such thing as special anointing for a select few , that's just plain nonsense .

Indeed there is a place for the exposition of scripture and elders are key to disseminate the word of God in the right context , they also care for the sheep and guard them against false doctrine, but they are not lords over the sheep and have no right to forcefully get involved in their private matters.
Re: Go And Ask My Pastor ? by tandj: 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
Exactly Mr frosbel.
To much mummy and daddy thing.
We no longer wanna read d bible and pray for ourselves.
Either mummy this or daddy this.
I sometimes wonder who started that trend.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Man Who Defies The Odds / The Experience 2014 In Picview / Why Did Jesus Have To Die For Our Sins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.