Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

How To Decide On What To Wear - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Decide On What To Wear (11794 Views)

Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / Women In Paris Are Allowed To Wear Trousers / What Would You Prefer Your Wife To Wear Always? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Decide On What To Wear by crunchyg: 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
Deciding what to wear has always been a problem for a lot of people but not for someone like Mr James Onyelucheya who knows how to get it all sorted out before going for any event, be it cocktail party, dinner party, Gala or even formal events

Stop spending hours in front of the mirror or wasting time ransacking your closet looking for the perfect outfit. Use these tips to help you decide what to wear so you'll fit in, be comfortable and look stylish whatever the event or occasion.

Instructions

Prepare a variety of outfits when you have free time. Mix and match clothing, shoes and accessories until you have ensembles suitable for work, weddings, cocktail parties, family gatherings, day hikes and dinner dates. Take photos of the combinations so you can assemble them quickly when opportunities arise.

Consider the event, time and location when assembling an outfit at the last minute. For example, lunch at the park calls for a casual outfit, while an anniversary dinner at a high-end hotel is perfect for dressier attire and glitzy accessories. Check the invitation for a dress code or ask the hostess when in doubt.

Check the weather to determine the type of fabric and accessories to wear. If the event will take place over several hours (afternoon to evening, for example), dress in layers so you can add or remove a sweater or scarf if you get cold or hot.

Envision what you'll be doing when choosing shoes. Spiked heels may be fine if you're going out to dinner with friends (and straight home after) but can result in painful blisters if you'll be standing for several hours at a cocktail party.

Decide what impression you want to make when selecting styles and colors. For example, follow the dress code or take cues from other employees as you decide what to wear to work. Although you should accessorize basic outfits to exhibit your sense of style, be sure your clothing fit, patterns, necklines and hemlines aren't undermining your respectability.

Choose an outfit that flatters your figure and makes you feel comfortable above all else. You'll have a better time, be more productive and exhibit self-confidence if you're happy with your appearance.

5 Likes

Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by NaLaugh: 5:51am On Jul 26, 2014
close your eyes and select

2 Likes

Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by jayseehe(m): 5:52am On Jul 26, 2014
I can't imagine doing this just to decide what to wear, I don't take time to decide, it's just so simple to choose

3 Likes

Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 5:52am On Jul 26, 2014
Today.... I'd be going to work the way I came to this earth...
Wearing clothes is too mainstream cool shocked
In Jupiter where I came from, clothes are illegal grin

10 Likes

Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by kentornic: 5:53am On Jul 26, 2014
hmmmm
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by Smartsyn(m): 5:57am On Jul 26, 2014
Hmm

Not when you're a Law student or a banker..

4 Likes

Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by shadowwalker101: 5:59am On Jul 26, 2014
tell that to d girls not to d guys
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 26, 2014
Smartsyn: Hmm

Not when you're a Law student or a banker..
lol abi oo,and the Thing is,even when you aren't even "on duty",you still find yourself tending towards the same kind of Outfits. It wasn't until Holidays that I realized that all my Clothes and Shoes were Formal-wear;I went shopping and still found myself picking neutral colored Shirts and Shoes.
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by tetralogyfallot(m): 6:01am On Jul 26, 2014
Spread mat
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by Innodon(m): 6:24am On Jul 26, 2014
Thanks for the info. ..but it all depends on the occasion. ...
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by aieromon(m): 6:31am On Jul 26, 2014
#teamguys

One pair of pants is enough for any occasion. Throw on any clean shirt and hit the road. No time!

5 Likes

Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by MsMichaelz(f): 6:43am On Jul 26, 2014
If you don't know what to wear, go shopping.
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by Jclement(m): 7:10am On Jul 26, 2014
STORY 4 D gods
i pray say make guy man get time 4 al diz one say because he dey go out..
Anythinq goes once there iz money u wld surely qet a date .....u knw naija girls nao

1 Like

Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by Blackchampion(m): 7:11am On Jul 26, 2014
All dis mek i 4 wear cloth? Hmmmm!
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by 1mobile: 7:25am On Jul 26, 2014
when cloth tu much na headache e dey give person!v bin in dat situation b4 grin
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by ichidodo: 7:28am On Jul 26, 2014
My emotions help make selection easier and precise...
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by onose1(f): 7:41am On Jul 26, 2014
Who has time for that undecided
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by Smartlux(m): 7:42am On Jul 26, 2014
If this was a joke, would it be funny? undecided
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by saasala(m): 7:49am On Jul 26, 2014
I just somehow always know what to wear. I needn't a tutorial on that.
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by myspnigeria: 7:51am On Jul 26, 2014
ask for help from above
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by Jehoshua: 8:02am On Jul 26, 2014
I think we can of underestimate the importance of right dressing. It is more than the looks, its the impression.
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by Romanciella(f): 8:05am On Jul 26, 2014
awwww was expecting more points with pictures
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by unikchyka(f): 9:04am On Jul 26, 2014
No time for all that
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by UjSizzle(f): 9:07am On Jul 26, 2014
I've never had a problem picking an outfit before. It's something my brain is automatically conditioned to do before I even get out of bed tongue
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by sambisa5: 9:17am On Jul 26, 2014
Simply visit.....

WWW.What Women Wear. Com smiley
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by priscaoge(f): 9:37am On Jul 26, 2014
EMEKA1MILLION: Today.... I'd be going to work the way I came to this earth...
Wearing clothes is too mainstream cool shocked
In Jupiter where I came from, clothes are illegal grin
Permit me to borrow this statementgrin....."Picture of U going out or........undecided
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by emedy(m): 9:50am On Jul 26, 2014
onose1: Who has time for that undecided
My kinda Babe. Dressing to me z just Reflex nd blive me it matches.

1 Like

Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 26, 2014
priscaoge:
Permit me to borrow this statementgrin....."Picture of U going out or........undecided
Wetin you wan see?

1 Like

Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by freecocoa(f): 10:02am On Jul 26, 2014
I picture what to wear in my head even before I get out of bed and it always turns out superb, so I need no lectures on that tongue.
Re: How To Decide On What To Wear by Harmvirus(f): 10:26am On Jul 26, 2014
Who has time for this?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alexreports, 10 Others Appointed Board Members Of West African Fashion Council / Ibife Alufohai Honoured By World Fashion Festival Awards In Dubai / Corporate Uniforms, Dresses, Clothing In USA, Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.