Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (344631 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2014
Omarbah:
oh ok, mmj= mi maayi jaleeɗe as in "mort de rire" in French. wink
Senegalese are truly progressive with our language, they take it a step forward.

Oh okkkkk got it, wow they truly are very progressive with Pulaar/Fulfulde. Thank you bro!

I am die from laughter (mmj) ROFLLL I can't believe that mmj = lol who would think. It should be more like DWL (Dying with laughter)
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 11:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
Fulaman198:

Oh okkkkk got it, wow they truly are very progressive with Pulaar/Fulfulde. Thank you bro!

I am die from laughter (mmj) ROFLLL I can't believe that mmj = lol who would think. It should be more like DWL (Dying with laughter)

that's the equivalent of LOL for French.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 12:04am On Oct 19, 2014
Omarbah:

that's the equivalent of LOL for French.

Mi yetti sanne musiido (jaraama sanne musiido).

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:51am On Oct 19, 2014
vdGeist:
It's great to be mixed...

It's great to be uneducated

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 19, 2014
Omarbah:
oh ok, mmj= mi maayi jaleeɗe as in "mort de rire" in French. wink
Senegalese are truly progressive with our language, they take it a step forward.

just wanted to say that.

i know i have seen the entire list of the short forms they made.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2014
Bororojo and OmarBah, what do you think of this woman? I think she's very beautiful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWLeO5XEQbo&
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
yes, she is beautiful.
she looks like a typical person from that area. (serer, wolof, soninke and co)

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:24pm On Oct 20, 2014
Bororojo:
yes, she is beautiful.

I agree I like her very dark skin. For someone like me who is just brown it's a very nice contrast to see that kind of thing that you don't really see around here (unless you are talking about the Hausawa).
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
Bororojo:
yes, she is beautiful.

What do you think of this song...Despite being about the Tukulor, a lot of it is in the Wolof language...................Anyways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BI__BgQhPg
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
Fulaman198:

It's great to be uneducated

Fulanis are mixed with Berber/Imazighen.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
vdGeist:

Fulanis are mixed with Berber/Imazighen.

That's bullcrap, there is no proof. Many people have said that. If there are a group of Fulani mixed with Berbers it would be very few Fulani (less than 1% of the population). Definitely not the ones in far West Africa (Senegambia, Guinea, Sierra Leone, etc.).
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
Fulaman198:

That's bullcrap, there is no proof. Many people have said that. If there are a group of Fulani mixed with Berbers it would be very few Fulani (less than 1% of the population). Definitely not the ones in far West Africa (Senegambia, Guinea, Sierra Leone, etc.).

No proof? C'mon man, all the scientific studies on fula genetics shows that Fulani are mixed.

see the bar-plots showing fula ancestry.

green = Sub Saharan Africa
light blue = Berber
red = West Eurasia
purple = Arabia

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
vdGeist:

No proof? C'mon man, all the scientific studies on fula genetics shows that Fulani are mixed.

see the bar-plots showing fula ancestry.

green = Sub Saharan Africa
light blue = Berber
red = West Eurasia
purple = Arabia

You do realize that your "evidence" isn't from a credible website.

Do a DNA test on Fulani in Senegal, a DNA test on Fulani in Mali, DNA test on Fulani in Nigeria, and a DNA test on Fulani in other parts of West Africa. What you will find are different things. Why? Because SOME not ALL Fulani have intermarried with Hausa, Kanuri, Tuaregs (who are Berbers) in the Eastern part of Fulani territory. Or Mande, Serer and Wolof in Western clusters of Fulani. However, if you look at a nomadic Fulani group like the Wodaabe or other Mbororo'en why isn't there any Berber/Tuareg elements? You know why because nomadic Fulani are the purest and NOT mixed with Tuaregs. Therefore, what you said absolutely makes no sense.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 11:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
I think Fulaman, Fulbe will have a hard time telling others that they aren't a mixed ethnic group since we tend to be different when compared to our other West African brothers and sisters. I can easily pick a Pullo among others, light skin or not. I remember back in college I saw this Fula girl whose mother is Jamaican. Without knowing her name or anything about her, I easily figured out her ethnicity.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2014
Fulaman198:

What do you think of this song...Despite being about the Tukulor, a lot of it is in the Wolof language...................Anyways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BI__BgQhPg
The first guy, Tukuleur is singing in Pulaar, he just has an accent smiley.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

You do realize that your "evidence" isn't from a credible website.

Do a DNA test on Fulani in Senegal, a DNA test on Fulani in Mali, DNA test on Fulani in Nigeria, and a DNA test on Fulani in other parts of West Africa. What you will find are different things. Why? Because SOME not ALL Fulani have intermarried with Hausa, Kanuri, Tuaregs (who are Berbers) in the Eastern part of Fulani territory. Or Mande, Serer and Wolof in Western clusters of Fulani. However, if you look at a nomadic Fulani group like the Wodaabe or other Mbororo'en why isn't there any Berber/Tuareg elements? You know why because nomadic Fulani are the purest and NOT mixed with Tuaregs. Therefore, what you said absolutely makes no sense.

This is from a peer reviewed science paper..

This bar plots shows the ancestry of different fula groups.

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:18am On Oct 27, 2014
Omarbah:

The first guy, Tukuleur is singing in Pulaar, he just has an accent smiley.

Yah I can hear him singing in Pulaar/Fulfulde, though some of the words are not familiar and sound Wolof to me.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:19am On Oct 27, 2014
Omarbah:
I think Fulaman, Fulbe will have a hard time telling others that they aren't a mixed ethnic group since we tend to be different when compared to our other West African brothers and sisters. I can easily pick a Pullo among others, light skin or not. I remember back in college I saw this Fula girl whose mother is Jamaican. Without knowing her name or anything about her, I easily figured out her ethnicity.

Without a doubt brother, they do think we are mixed and it gets annoying from time to time explaining that we are not. We have been in the West African region for millenia.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by VudulessAyisien(f): 9:01am On Oct 28, 2014
Omarbah:

I am mystified shocked how did this happen? Jamaican mother, Fulani father? I'm jamaican/Haitian in the USA... I'm guessing they met in the US?

Anyway I think the Fula people are very very lovely. I think the Woodabe men are stunning. There should be a thread on male beauty in Africa, because the patterns are seen throughout... Let me stop before I derail the thread
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
VudulessAyisien:

I am mystified shocked how did this happen? Jamaican mother, Fulani father? I'm jamaican/Haitian in the USA... I'm guessing they met in the US?
Anyway I think the Fula people are very very lovely. I think the Woodabe men are stunning. There should be a thread on male beauty in Africa, because the patterns are seen throughout... Let me stop before I derail the thread
The same question I asked myself when she told me her mother is Jamaican. smiley Considering how black American/Caribbean women views on African male(controlling) I was shocked. She lives in North America.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
vdGeist:

This is from a peer reviewed science paper..

This bar plots shows the ancestry of different fula groups.

Please bro, message me with a link to this. (the one with an ancestry breakdown for different Fulbe groups)
I am really Interested. Thank you for your opinions. smiley
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
Bororojo:

Please bro, message me with a link to this. (the one with an ancestry breakdown for different Fulbe groups)
I am really Interested. Thank you for your opinions. smiley

Sorry bro, I misread that, the bar plots are for individual Fula within the data set.

here's the paper
http://bhusers.upf.edu/dcomas/?p=607
I got the bar plots from the discoverymag genetics blog discussing the paper
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2012/01/the-fulani-have-an-old-berber-element/

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 28, 2014
vdGeist:

Sorry bro, I misread that, the bar plots are for individual Fula within the data set.

here's the paper
http://bhusers.upf.edu/dcomas/?p=607
I got the bar plots from the discoverymag genetics blog discussing the paper
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2012/01/the-fulani-have-an-old-berber-element/

The reason why I am interested is that I know a Pullo who recently took a Genetic test with one of these DNA companies.
and it showed about 31% North African*ME, and 10% Iberian. He is Nigerian living in the Tri-state area. .... Watever these DNA companies are measuring , I don't know. but i would make an educated guess and say that the Fulani can't just have a large segment of our population looking "different" from other people around us, for no reason.....

@OmarBah, you said so yourself, so What is responsible?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
Bororojo:

The reason why I am interested is that I know a Pullo who recently took a Genetic test with one of these DNA companies.
and it showed about 31% North African*ME, and 10% Iberian. He is Nigerian living in the Tri-state area. .... Watever these DNA companies are measuring , I don't know. but i would make an educated guess and say that the Fulani can't just have a large segment of our population looking "different" from other people around us, for no reason.....

@OmarBah, you said so yourself, so What is responsible?

I'm very interested in this too
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:03pm On Oct 28, 2014
@Bororojo, how does that article make you feel?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
I think other people like to say we are mixed because they don't want to accept us or embrace us as West Africans.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
Fulaman198:
@Bororojo, how does that article make you feel?

Which article?
the one posted by my friend up there?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
Bororojo:

Which article?
the one posted by my friend up there?

Yes mmj your gido vdGeist.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
Fulaman198:
I think other people like to say we are mixed because they don't want to accept us or embrace us as West Africans.

Fulbe are West Africans whether they like it or not.
let them go pull their hair out.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
Bororojo:

Fulbe are West Africans whether they like it or not.
let them go pull their hair out.

I agree with that my bro.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
Fulaman198:

Yes mmj your gido vdGeist.

Well, I see it as a plausible explanation.
You know, I am open to many ideas, as long as there is scientific backing behind them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.