Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (345374 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:17am On May 10, 2015
Takamba:

Yeah that one is Femme Noire. Joal is part of the Chants D'ombres collection. You can access all his work online. He also did co-write with Abdoulaye Sadji ""La belle histoire de leuk le lievre''; a great tales book that is studied in primary school's program.
I did read Leuk le lievre, ce fut un regal wink. It is full of important lessons for life.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:26am On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

If I joined a Senegalese Forum as a Nigerian Fulani would they welcome me?
As she said language is usually the barrier. If you start speaking Pulaar to some forumists, it might not go well. For some reason, speaking Pulaar can be seen as nationalistic or "ethnocentric".

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:36am On May 10, 2015
Omarbah:

As she sais language is usually the barrier. If you start speaking Pulaar to some forumists, it might not go well. For some reason, speaking Pulaar can be seen as nationalistic or "ethnocentric".

ROFL so odd and speaking Wolof isn't? I'm not a Wolof man I'd tell them. grin

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:48am On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

If you ever walk into a Senegalese party, try speaking Pulaar lol.
They are cool. I get why they want all Senegalese to only speak wolof , it creates a sense of nationhood. But Pulaar will never go away.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Takamba: 4:15am On May 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

Beyond the ethnic considerations; wolof is the lingua franca. The fact that wolof is more spoken online is just because most of these people speak only wolof besides french. It'll be easier if you speak french online smiley
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by kaura5000: 7:11am On May 10, 2015
Fulaman I think one of the things that is hindering the growth of fula cultures and language as it suppose to are caused by fula people themselves..is like fula culture is not so welcoming of foreigners and they are not exact mechanism to categorize who is a pulaar and who is not. In most open cultures aa far as you speak practice the culture you are seen as one... but in fula culture when a person tries to be one he wont be accepted rather he would term hal pulareen etc.. thats what discourages those who are pure pular from our mother's side... most fulani I met instead of them to appreciate me speaking the language they wont..they would try to explain to me how they are more pular than me....never mind the English,, by the way what is goddo am?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Takamba: 10:43am On May 10, 2015
Omarbah:

I did read Leuk le lievre, ce fut un regal wink. It is full of important lessons for life.

Yeah, it reminds me of childhood memories... I think I'm gonna read it again

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by purush(m): 11:06am On May 11, 2015
Mi silmino en bandirabe fulbe.lalle mi hebi beddari masin dow aade fulbe nde on don holla. dum yettama dow habduki modon. wala ma bano fulaman, umarbah, e bororojo. Min mi fullo GOMBE.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by younghartz(m): 8:11am On May 14, 2015
That's my bst frnd

I should have upload my girlfrnd pix bt lipsrsealed
I don't trust them niggas grin

1 Share

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:38am On May 19, 2015

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by YonkijiSappo: 11:53am On May 26, 2015
Omarbah:
News in Pular, Gine.
https://soundcloud.com/radio-espace-foutah/journal-poular-du-18-05-2015

I can't access the audio file
What went wrong?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:36am On May 27, 2015
YonkijiSappo:

I can't access the audio file
What went wrong?
I guess it was removed.
Sorry!
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:46am On May 27, 2015
Omarbah:

I guess it was removed.
Sorry!

It looks like that is the case, it was working a few days ago.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by tpiadotcom: 2:03am On May 31, 2015
kandiikane:

You know she is being sarcastic right.

do you own the Fulanis in your area perhaps?

I am not sure why you chose to refer to my post.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:50am On May 31, 2015
Is There any fulbe secessionist movement or organization? I mean do we have fulbe who want to form their own country and reunite their people ?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:02am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
Is There any fulbe secessionist movement or organization? I mean do we have fulbe who want to form their own country and reunite their people ?

Every Fulani wishes that we can all come together that's why organisations like KJPF exist. However, that's not reality and we are proud of our respective nations. KJPF brings all the Fulanis together regardless of nation. I remember the conference in Yola 4 years ago. Fulanis from Senegal, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon, Guinea-Bissau, Chad, etc. etc. Tabital Pulaagu for life!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:05am On May 31, 2015
Fulaman198:

Every Fulani wishes that we can all come together that's why organisations like KJPF exist. However, that's not reality and we are proud of our respective nations. KJPF brings all the Fulanis together regardless of nation. I remember the conference in Yola 4 years ago. Fulanis from Senegal, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon, Guinea-Bissau, Chad, etc. etc. Tabital Pulaagu for life!
What's the meaning of KJPF?

So there are no Fulani organization like MAssob or Ambazonia ?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:13am On May 31, 2015
Fulaman198:
Mine and Bororojo's people:

Is Borojo from Cameroon?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:30am On May 31, 2015
Fulaman198:
@Radoillo

"Historically, the Fulani played a significant role in the rise and fall of ancient African empires such as the Ghana Empire, the Mali Empire, Songhai, and the Mossi states."

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Fulani

Mostly in their fall tho
Besides I don't think teaching Islam can b considered as an achievement as those empires and civilizations rose without Islam

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:33am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

What's the meaning of KJPF?

So there are no Fulani organization like MAssob or Ambazonia ?

Sorry fell asleep momentarily

KJPF means Kawtal Jangoobe Pulaar Fulfulde. It's a Fulani organisation.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:34am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Is Borojo from Cameroon?

All Adamawa Fulbe are the same regardless of being from Nigeria or Cameroon.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:36am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Mostly in their fall tho
Besides I don't think teaching Islam can b considered as an achievement as those empires and civilizations rose without Islam

Regardless of Islam, all those Empires already were Muslim. The Songhai were all Muslims, the Tuaregs were all Muslims, the Mande were all Muslims, the Fulani were all Muslim, so Islam is besides the point. We won back then due to our sheer Militaristic prowess.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:39am On May 31, 2015
Fulaman198:

Regardless of Islam, all those Empires already were Muslim. The Songhai were all Muslims, the Tuaregs were all Muslims, the Mande were all Muslims, the Fulani were all Muslim, so Islam is besides the point. We won back then due to our sheer Militaristic prowess.

Nah they became Muslims or should I say accepted Islam. Mansa Musa converted to Islam his empire was already wealthy and known . That's my point

Fulani empire?where?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:40am On May 31, 2015
Fulaman198:

All Adamawa Fulbe are the same regardless of being from Nigeria or Cameroon.
In theory

But what's his nationality ? Just being curious, you can choose not to answer
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:41am On May 31, 2015
Fulaman198:

Sorry fell asleep momentarily

KJPF means Kawtal Jangoobe Pulaar Fulfulde. It's a Fulani organisation.

Thanks
But do you mind translating ?is there a chapter in Cameroon ?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:42am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Thanks
But do you mind translating ?is there a chapter in Cameroon ?

Kawtal in the Fulani language means Neighborhood but in this context it's association
Jangoobe means students in the Fulani language
Pulaar is the name of the Fulani language in the far west region
Fulfulde is the name of the Fulani language in Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon, Mali, Burkina Faso, Chad, and other Eastern countries
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:44am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Nah they became Muslims or should I say accepted Islam. Mansa Musa converted to Islam his empire was already wealthy and known . That's my point

Fulani empire?where?

Check your dates, Fulani occupation of some of those lands like in Mali (Massina) came later when those ethnic groups were already Muslims.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:44am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

In theory

But what's his nationality ? Just being curious, you can choose not to answer

He's Nigerian from Taraba state.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:48am On May 31, 2015
Fulaman198:

He's Nigerian from Taraba state.

So he often crosses the border from time to time loal grin

Anyway one day those lands will come back to us. You(neighboring countries) have reduced us to a micro state
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:49am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

So he often crosses the border from time to time loal grin

Anyway one day those lands will come back to us. You(neighboring countries) have reduced us to a micro state

Many Nigerian Fulani from Adamawa and Taraba and (Adamamoua) in Kamer have been back and forth to Cameroon and Nigeria (though not these days with Boko on the loose shocked)
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:50am On May 31, 2015
Fulaman198:

Check your dates, Fulani occupation of some of those lands like in Mali (Massina) came later when those ethnic groups were already Muslims.
which makes us go back to my first point,you mostly contributed to their fall, by teaching I meant reforming, since according to your forefathers they weren't sucking to Arabs enough
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:51am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
which makes us go back to my first point,you mostly contributed to their fall, by teaching I meant reforming, since according to your forefathers they weren't sucking to Arabs enough

We have never sucked on Arab anything, personally for me I'm not into Arabs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.