Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? (992 Views)

Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car / Advice On Long Distance Journey / The Journey With My Peugeot 605 V6 On Abuja - Enugu Highway On 30/12/2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by ijescorner: 5:41am On Jul 26, 2014
Hello Nairalanders,

Do you guys think it's safe to share your car journey with strangers. For example if you notice the same group of people when you drive past on your way to work. Would you one day ask them if they needed a lift? Or for the passengers, would you get in if they offered you a ride.

Do we think it's safe? What if you had a way to log their car details to a 3rd party. And what if you could trust this 3rd party also had their work details. Would you feel safer?

Your opinion would be much appreciated...
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:16am On Jul 26, 2014
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 26, 2014
In this era of Ebola virus...... Would you op?
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by kultimate009: 6:36am On Jul 26, 2014
That was years ago when things were so much secure..... Can u imagine helping someone out and the person ends up robbing you? Or even worse he turns out to be a terrorist and you helped transport him to his target area? Or even this ebola virus we have to contend with now? Its good to help others out buh its better to be alive......

1 Like

Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by ijescorner: 7:21pm On Jul 26, 2014
Saying that, do you not feel safe in taxis? What makes taxis more secure than a car? Why do you trust a taxi? Is it not the fact that he is registered with some organisation that can verify his identity?

This 3rd party would take copies of vehicle number pate, registration, passport and work details for example. And assuming you are able to pre-book to share a car with people going the same directions, would you not feel secure?

Thanks for the feedback so far...
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
Oga go ahead but give us feedback
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by ijescorner: 11:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
@smartchoice....na fight we dey fight. The way you said 'go ahead'. I was just trying to get feedback...

The bus people get on, what do you have to say for Ebola virus?
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
This morning an ebola patient was brought to a private clinic, the sister said to the receptionist my brother has ebola the doctor being a yoruba man shouted from his office EBOKINI? Olorunmaje ki ari oriburuku he ran out of the hospital everybody followed including women in labor and Hiv patients.....culled from a nairalander
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by ijescorner: 11:43pm On Jul 27, 2014
how very funny of you...I'm sure! SMH
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
For security reasons I won't!
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
I would NOT car share with strangers.

1 Like

Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by ijescorner: 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2014
Oh ok...seems like so far it's not a popular choice. But If I knew an agency had all their details and could track them I think I might.

But I'd love to hear what more people think about it.
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:32pm On Jul 28, 2014
ijescorner: Oh ok...seems like so far it's not a popular choice. But If I knew an agency had all their details and could track them I think I might.

But I'd love to hear what more people think about it.

I do it all the time, its one of the things we take for granted in the north, when I move down south (real soon) I will re-adjust.
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by ijescorner: 7:10am On Jul 29, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

I do it all the time, its one of the things we take for granted in the north, when I move down south (real soon) I will re-adjust.

Americans love hitchhiking and car sharing, it can really build a community spirit. Shame Lagosians are living in terror for this to happen.
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 29, 2014
ijescorner:

Americans love hitchhiking and car sharing, it can really build a community spirit. Shame Lagosians are living in terror for this to happen.

S
You never hitchhike boys dey raid for hold up freely.... One chance bus full ground.. Op enjoy feed us back....
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by ijescorner: 5:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
smartchoice:

S
You never hitchhike boys dey raid for hold up freely.... One chance bus full ground.. Op enjoy feed us back....

Hitchhiking is just an example, my initial question was more for a car share. That users register before entering a car and the identification of the car owner is known, it could even be for specific offices.

But thank you, we all know that you would not share your car with strangers....
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
ijescorner:

Hitchhiking is just an example, my initial question was more for a car share. That users register before entering a car and the identification of the car owner is known, it could even be for specific offices.

But thank you, we all know that you would not share your car with strangers....

I WILL NOT.
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by 234GT(m): 9:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
I won't.

There are enough problems in the world.

One should avoid every form of "afowofa", that is, self-inflicted problems.
Re: Would You Share Your Car Journey With Strangers? by ijescorner: 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
Noted all...thanks for those that contributed; and also to those who have viewed but not commented smiley

(1) (Reply)

Help! In Need Of Honda Accord Radio Code / PHOTOS: Tricycle (keke Marwa) With AC Remote Control / Subscribe & Win This January On Www.diyautoworksng.com (We have a Winner!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.