Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,240 members, 7,822,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Attitude And My Relationship With People - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Attitude And My Relationship With People (1001 Views)

How Do You Cope With People Who Snore While Sleeping? / How Do You Cope With People Who Talk And Touch You? / My Dad's Doctor Attitude Shocked Me (pls Read My Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attitude And My Relationship With People by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 26, 2014
I'm assuming I'm in the right group for this discussion. few days ago I left my workplace and I disliked the reviews I got while leaving. Most of my colleague thought I had a really bad attitude of ignoring them. I get this same talk almost everywhere I go. even my fiance thinks I ignore him sometimes and act like what he says is nonsense. he says I dont open up and I take decisions on my own without even informing him. I feel terrible about confrontation and when someone tells me something like this, I just feel so horrible for the whole day. the truth is I dont enjoy relating with people but I want everyone to like me. I dont like it when people keep their distance from me saying I have an attitude. I am usually very quiet and don't like talking much. infact I used to take antidepressants until I was told to stop. I dont like having to be around people cos they stress me. but I need to work. and working means being with people everyday and relating with them. I dont know what to do anymore.
Re: Attitude And My Relationship With People by Ojisik(m): 9:23am On Jul 26, 2014
It seems you're an introvert...i used to be like that too,but i prayed about it and READ AND PRACTICED from some self help books.
It may not seem easy but put a concious effort into it and this issue will soon become a thing of the past.
NB: still set some time for when you can be alone with your thoughts to provide a balance kiss

1 Like

Re: Attitude And My Relationship With People by tpia1: 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
I want everyone to like me

i assume you mean you want as large a demographic as possible to like you, since its not possible for absolutely everyone to do so.

however, not saying it cant happen, perhaps its possible for somebody to have zero enemies or dislikers?
Re: Attitude And My Relationship With People by tpia1: 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
@ original post

i'd say try to have interests you can talk about with people, or show interest in their hobbies and personal lives (if they dont get creeped out by that).

introversion is a growing trait these days, so people have to make efforts to come out of their shells and relate more with the outside environment or else you risk being labelled.
Re: Attitude And My Relationship With People by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 28, 2014
I assume it's impossible to be something and expect others to simply accept it without question. . my sisters are very friendly and relate well with people. I on the other hand could go somewhere and not say a word even when circumstance declare I say something. its just so easy to say nothing. so, I've resolved to do these :

1. whereever I go I try to actually pay attention to detail of the conversation so at least I know wats going on.

2. never jump to conclusion too easily. I do that a lot..suspect that someone is implying something when they haven't done or said anything to confirm that.

3. try not to get pissed off too quickly and try not to come up with smart words when someone hurt my feelings. better still, try not to allow my feelings get hurt too often no matter wat anyone does.

I still dont know how to deal with people who think I'm weak and try to patronise me..
Trying the stated points this week, see where it takes me

1 Like

Re: Attitude And My Relationship With People by samyan12: 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2014
Its one thing to be an introvert and another thing to have bad manners.. Some illmannered pple like to hide under the cover of introversion. If pple give u bad reviews then u shld take them seriously and work on yourself..
I presently live with sbdy who is so illmannered its unbelievable that she is Yoruba as yorubas are well known for respect and manners. When u try to correct, she claims its because she is an introvert.
I am an introvert too and when I left a job, I got gifts and a send forth party
Re: Attitude And My Relationship With People by kemiola89(f): 8:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
Ojisik:
It seems you're an introvert...i used to be like that too,but i prayed about it and READ AND PRACTICED from some self help books.
It may not seem easy but put a concious effort into it and this issue will soon become a thing of the past.
NB: still set some time for when you can be alone with your thoughts to provide a balance kiss

You made it sound like introversion is some kind of medical disorder.

@OP, you don't have to become someone you are not in a bid to please other people, but you can do better in your 'human relation department'. When more than one person starts complaining about your attitude then you should know something is not right.

Its helps pouring out your mind when someone hurts you, bottling up your emotions and acting up like nothing happen will only make it worse.
Re: Attitude And My Relationship With People by Nobody: 1:30am On Oct 11, 2014
OP, I would like to message you.

kemiola89:

You made it sound like introversion is some kind of medical disorder.
@OP, you don't have to become someone you are not in a bid to please other people, but you can do better in your 'human relation department'. When more than one person starts complaining about your attitude then you should know something is not right.
Its helps pouring out your mind when someone hurts you, bottling up your emotions and acting up like nothing happen will only make it worse.

(1) (Reply)

Another Lagos Nurse Gets Ebola / Bedbug Fumigation Services In Nigeria By Chogon Facilities Prt 2 / 10 Tips On How To Stop Snoring And Save Your Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.