Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (640288 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by prettyJoy22(f): 10:47am On Nov 27, 2016
Am bored i need female friends... anyone want to hang out? am in makurdi at the moment.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 4:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
misterh:
To be honest, I don't know yet. As regards marriage, compromises would have to be made. I believe that's why it's advised to marry one whose company you enjoy- who you can hold intellectual discussions with.

But we just need to understand each other's personality.
the issue of space won't be any problem in as much as you gat plen ty wads to build up the kinda space you need ,like have your special room ,where you can always read,pray and go through rigorous brain thinking and recharging.I use to do such once a while,I have my personal space till date where I do my recharging and charging and always look up for holidays ...my family go for summer and other holidays,I am a Home Boy,I love been at home,thats hw I dig it.so you just pray to get plenty plenty money and you will still always enjoy all the space you always had while you were a bachelor.my people went to SA this sept holiday,I am working on where they Will be going to,they are already asking me plenty plenty??,so they might still travel this season again,but this time to our country home.most of us intro enkoy this space alot,but it reduces as time passes by.once you get married,your space begins to close up,your kids begin to intrude in to your privacies, and been a clergy,I get visitors lots of time so my space closes up the more thus,I do my recharging mostly at night and with lil time at the day.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 1:16am On Nov 28, 2016
Oahray:
ha! You remembered? Your brain sharp o. Talk about elephant memory cool

Just seeing this mention. Been offline for sometime. I rarely write anymore, make I no lie. So much to do, so little time.

Lol. Don't mind this my brain joor.

Yeah, I totally understand as it is the same with me. I guess life just happens to us. But I sincerely hope to go back to my poetry soon and maybe publish a book sometime.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ModestGal(f): 5:40am On Nov 28, 2016
misterh:

The bolded part aptly describes me, especially when they're are staying for an indefinite number of days. If someone wants to come visit me for a week, I can endure that but not stating the number of days puts me off.
wow, me too,
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ModestGal(f): 5:44am On Nov 28, 2016
gidjah:
dear sis,you really must calm down,we are all here to help one another.We must be willing to do that and that can greatly be possible when we respond to our selves peacefully and with high sense of maturity.you must appreciate this family sis,we care for one answer and believe me if I say I have been following you ever since you joined this home,I am working on lots of things and will get across to you,I hardly respond here cos of my schedules ,I pretty appropriate your personality and would love to talk with you if you will oblige me.this family is a rare one I tell you.Can we talk off line ma'am,?
Am sorry replying you late,my phone got spoit somhow,how are you sir,i tot d group is jx about sharing who we are, do i realy need help, i think i already love myself,infact i hv self obsession,bt am young girl, i wouldnt mind som advice

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ModestGal(f): 5:53am On Nov 28, 2016
Hi,think this room is for sharing how we do nd mayb Knowing whether what we ae doing is right or not,
my neighbour,we gat to tlk cz he said he jx like talking to me,but i knock him off,we gat tlkng due to no water stuffs in d house, then he was goin to work nd told me to see him off which i did,then d nxt day he askd me take his room key till he comes,i dodge it,i kept doing those pretending shits until i finally knockd him off, i cnt jz cope with having to smile whn i dont rily wanto, having to tlk when i dnt feel lik,so sinc like a week we hvnt seen,whnever he knocks my door,i wnt answer,he did for som days til he stopped,nd i dodge him whnvr i am going outside, not like a hate or dislike him, thats jx me, are mine a bad person please?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ModestGal(f): 5:58am On Nov 28, 2016
gidjah:
dear sis,you really must calm down,we are all here to help one another.We must be willing to do that and that can greatly be possible when we respond to our selves peacefully and with high sense of maturity.you must appreciate this family sis,we care for one answer and believe me if I say I have been following you ever since you joined this home,I am working on lots of things and will get across to you,I hardly respond here cos of my schedules ,I pretty appropriate your personality and would love to talk with you if you will oblige me.this family is a rare one I tell you.Can we talk off line ma'am,?
Yes we can talk offline but on what and for what?u can pm me, am mostly harsh to ppl dt i met online esp whn they dont have any meanigful thing dat could better mylife to talk to me about

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 7:58am On Nov 28, 2016
@modestgal, your vibes are not relational. Anyhow you take it but I know every human being has that element of encouraging relations with others unless you want to be a recluse. Your vision for your life matters, if you intend to achieve great things and lead, you must learn people skills. Yes, introverts can do just that.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ModestGal(f): 8:41am On Nov 28, 2016
Akposb:
@modestgal, your vibes are not relational. Anyhow you take it but I know every human being has that element of encouraging relations with others unless you want to be a recluse. Your vision for your life matters, if you intend to achieve great things and lead, you must learn people skills. Yes, introverts can do just that.
yes o,i wish to achieve great things and be a leader,a speaker etc.I dnt realy understand you,pls enlight me more
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2016
ModestGal:
Hi,think this room is for sharing how we do nd mayb Knowing whether what we ae doing is right or not,
my neighbour,we gat to tlk cz he said he jx like talking to me,but i knock him off,we gat tlkng due to no water stuffs in d house, then he was goin to work nd told me to see him off which i did,then d nxt day he askd me take his room key till he comes,i dodge it,i kept doing those pretending shits until i finally knockd him off, i cnt jz cope with having to smile whn i dont rily wanto, having to tlk when i dnt feel lik,so sinc like a week we hvnt seen,whnever he knocks my door,i wnt answer,he did for som days til he stopped,nd i dodge him whnvr i am going outside, not like a hate or dislike him, thats jx me, are mine a bad person please?

What defines us as bad or good is often subjective. So while Mr. A considers your withdrawal and reclusion as "bad," Mr. B might see it as a choice and hence neither bad nor good.

The honest truth is, you have complete power over your choices and it matters less what others think. You don't have to smile or talk when you don't feel like but everything has its implications. As Akposb told you, your vision and aspirations truly matter. Everyone leads at one point or another - whether introvert or extrovert - only subordinates differ in size and you need people management skills to be an excellent leader.

At least as a mother, you'll lead your offsprings. And you can't afford to frown at that lovely child because your mood says "don't smile" and you don't want to do any "pretentious sh*ts." We must learn tolerance and love and acceptance.

In conclusion, Mr Neighbour may be trying hard to be a nice neighbour or a man with a motive, it's therefore your call to know where to draw the line. However, how you draw that line without coming off as an arrogant recluse who is hated by her neighbours is a very important skill you must have at your disposal. "Better is a neighbour who is near than a distant brother." - Holy Bible (Prov. 27:10)

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by gidjah(m): 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
ModestGal:

Yes we can talk offline but on what and for what?u can pm me, am mostly harsh to ppl dt i met online esp whn they dont have any meanigful thing dat could better mylife to talk to me about
hmmm it is well with you young lady, not to worry, I wont let you get rude at me,trust me, there wont be space for that fora.I am strongly beleving God that you are gonna be what ever HE has programmed you to be, HIS eternal Will,shal manifest in you soonest.God bless you sis.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SuccyJ(f): 10:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
cheesy :Dwoooooow. I first met this thread in 2013 b4 I deactivated my account . I was touched by it , I thought I was weird acting the way I do... and I totally forgot about this thread until now.

I had to create and acct again just so I could be a part of this

Nice bn here...

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 01, 2016
Liamm:
First to grace this page.

Being an introvert has its ups and downs. I've been existing under this sociality status for over a decade and i have no qualms with it.

The only area where i may have little regret later is exposure. I don't keep much friends and the ones i have barely asks me out. I end up staying at home during weekends not having anyone to visit or a place for recreation.

But I think it's got more advantages. Introverts are mostly viewed as responsible and civilized. I've got no interference of any sought. I do my things the way that would please me.

Having an array of friends as an extrovert leaves you susceptible to bad characters. I'm not being prejudiced against them(extroverts) but that's the fact. You may still find extroverts that are good/mannered but i guess it's 1/10.

The two can always be balanced and i think that's the best. You'll have to be an introvert until you're up to the age of distinguishing between right and wrong(not 7 as per the bible but from 20yrs upwards) then you can port to being an extrovert.

It is very very true that being an introvert has its ups and downs. I grew up myself as one. Didn't like joining conversations, showing what I have and making contributions. But everything suddenly changed when I discovered that I had to love myself the way I am (we didn't create ourselves). And voila I was a self-confident introvert. Introverts are usually creative and gifted in one way or the other, it's important to always appreciate and work on these gifts.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
I'm an introvert and I love my quiet time.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by debssy(m): 9:23am On Dec 02, 2016
Raising a happy, loving family is one of the most important things we will do in this lifetime. CircleCare is here to help you achieve it.

Android: https:///yhpVUR
iOS: https:///yCbHU3

#FamilyCare #DoYouCare #FamilyConnectivity

That reminds me anybody that download the app and have 10 members in their circle or share with family and friends stand a chance to WIN a prize such as VR GLASS and etc courtesy CIRCLECARE by inputting this REFERRAL CODE 1001040.

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by steph0(f): 5:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mumben(f): 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2016
i love ds thread. I used to be a very chronic introvert before i got married, i hardly talk, i couldnt look people in d face when talking to dem, it was dat bad. I woudnt say iv changed but iv adjusted a whole lot cos my husband is my opposite, u cant stay wt hm and not talk, its not possible. Secondly my kids re hyperactive, ther is no way ull b wt them n not talk. Sometimes i feel like locking them up in a room so i can have my peace. Its well sha

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
Mumben:
i love ds thread. I used to be a very chronic introvert before i got married, i hardly talk, i couldnt look people in d face when talking to dem, it was dat bad. I woudnt say iv changed but iv adjusted a whole lot cos my husband is my opposite, u cant stay wt hm and not talk, its not possible. Secondly my kids re hyperactive, ther is no way ull b wt them n not talk. Sometimes i feel like locking them up in a room so i can have my peace. Its well sha

I'll be lying if I say I don't seriously dread how family can change one's personality especially those little look-alikes that roam around the house grin embarassed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
DonOms:

I'll be lying if I say I don't seriously dread how family can change one's personality especially those little look-alikes that roam around the house grin embarassed
True but one has to adapt by fire by force smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 10:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
Melsan:
True but one has to adapt by fire by force smiley
Yeah, by fire or by force o. Adaptation is very key. Just like Mumben said, she hasn't considered herself changed but she's well adjusted. One can't afford to be seen as some distant unloving parent or spouse. Things we do for love. smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 10:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
DonOms:

Yeah, by fire or by force o. Adaptation is very key. Just like Mumben said, she hasn't considered herself changed but she's well adjusted. One can't afford to be seen as some distant unloving parent or spouse. Things we do for love. smiley
Yes oo..
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
Its been quite some time smiley, great shoutout to those here who have tied the knot and already have children to them... Just a little question though, As an introvert, very introverted one, which personality do yoy think suits me best for a happy marriage .... NB: I naturally dont like talkatives especially if its from the female folk.... Not ready for marriage though but a man has to start clearing the land now smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mumben(f): 10:51am On Dec 06, 2016
GloryIsaac:
Its been quite some time smiley, great shoutout to those here who have tied the knot and already have children to them... Just a little question though, As an introvert, very introverted one, which personality do yoy think suits me best for a happy marriage .... NB: I naturally dont like talkatives especially if its from the female folk.... Not ready for marriage though but a man has to start clearing the land now smiley
.Speaking frm xperience, ull need an extrovert to compliment u. U said u dont like talktives but ull learn to live wt it cos two introverted partners wl make a very dull and boring marriage. My opinion though
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mumben:
.Speaking frm xperience, ull need an extrovert to compliment u. U said u dont like talktives but ull learn to live wt it cos two introverted partners wl make a very dull and boring marriage. My opinion though

Wow shocked, thanks for the reply though smiley, but i really really dont like talkatives and i highly doubt if i can stay with one for the rest of my life sad sad
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Wow shocked, thanks for the reply though smiley, but i really really dont like talkatives and i highly doubt if i can stay with one for the rest of my life sad sad
Not to hype love but it could change your view about people that are talkative. Also who said all talkative are annoying, what about the one who tends to talk sensible things and eventually work and other events would follow that would make you relish every moment you spend with her? Man I would love a beautiful talker but I hope you don't want your home to be too quiet. Believe you will get the best no matter the personality.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
Akposb:

Not to hype love but it could change your view about people that are talkative. Also who said all talkative are annoying, what about the one who tends to talk sensible things and eventually work and other events would follow that would make you relish every moment you spend with her? Man I would love a beautiful talker but I hope you don't want your home to be too quiet. Believe you will get the best no matter the personality.

Thanks man smiley... i've always believed that talkatives blab a lot and thats one of the main reasons behind my dislike for them, but i'll be intrigued to see one that wouldn't blab every now and then, we could kick off from there cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SuccyJ(f): 10:32pm On Dec 07, 2016
Mumben:

Very true...

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by PetiteB: 3:31pm On Dec 08, 2016
SuccyJ:

Very true... though I've never fallen for an extrovert (Kind of find the talkative ones annoying) but I agree with you, an introvert needs an extrovert or someone who's outgoing to balance the home.

My bf and I are both introverted and MelPhleg, we've bn together for 3yrs now but we(him especially) end up pushing each other away, not talking for months for no reason at all (especially when he's having challenges,instead of talking it out he ends up pushing everyone away) only to pull each other back. Though I really love him so much but I'm tired of going through the same thing over and over again and I've just given up and ready to move on which seems hard though.

So I think introverts need someone to complement and balance us if not it's going to be one boring home with nobody talking...

Awww, I think you can work out something with your boyfriend. just take the bold step and tell him what you don't like. I have seen too introverts marry and they are good. They may seem boring but every couple know how to have their own fun. So you can always take the bold step to persuade him to talk, that way, you are coming out of your shell. I wish you the best as you try.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Troubleking: 7:25am On Dec 09, 2016
If you are introverted and you have a problem communicating with your partner, you just suck at interpersonal communication... Like alot. Don't blame your introversion, but how you respond to it. It's like an obese person blaming the natural need to eat for his obesity.

It's good to bring balance into the home by getting someone different, but be careful you aren't too different or too similar. If you are very introverted, don't go for someone very introverted or very extroverted. A slightly extroverted person who can draw you out at times and also knows how to enjoy some me-time, would be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 09, 2016
Troubleking:
If you are introverted and you have a problem communicating with your partner, you just suck at interpersonal communication... Like alot. Don't blame your introversion, but how you respond to it. It's like an obese person blaming the natural need to eat for his obesity.

It's good to bring balance into the home by getting someone different, but be careful you aren't too different or too similar. If you are very introverted, don't go for someone very introverted or very extroverted. A slightly extroverted person who can draw you out at times and also knows how to enjoy some me-time, would be fine.

Thanks a lot for this.... its definitely gonna go a long way wink
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 6:26am On Dec 11, 2016
Hi people, it's really nice being here.
I'm an introvert, and I have come to embrace it, fine tune it and keep it balanced as much as I can.

But to be honest, my major challenge is meeting new people, especially making new friends: I have tried so much but it's always difficult. It's not like I don't have people's skills, I do, I even led a couple of groups back in school.

It could take me a whole year or more to make friends after moving to a new neighborhood, and that's because I hardly come out: I'm always indoors reading, learning new stuff, and sometimes just engaging in creative thinking.

I would honestly say that being introverted has brought more advantages than disadvantages, it has enabled me learn more, read more, know more, and has helped me discover the many talents and potentials in me, but I still need to improve on being outgoing, even though I know I'm receptive.

I would appreciate any advice.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chimdi101: 11:14am On Dec 12, 2016
Catalin:
I'm an introvert and I love my quiet time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.