Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (638352 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Apus: 9:34am On Jan 02, 2017
adroitvezy:
it's new year new system they say but as for me it's new year and still same old system. I haven't called any of my friends to wish them a Happy New Year and I ignore the calls of those trying to reach me, even replying chats on whatsapp is hard for me to do I just love being alone listening to myself.

Gussh! dt's just what i did yesterday & my sisters thought i was being mean and anti-social. But wht dey dnt knw is dt around these guys i come off as d sweetest friend they ever met, but keeping in touch afterwards bcomes a huge task for me. Till nw i havn't replied sm of d new year messages i got.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 10:08am On Jan 02, 2017
Happy World Introvert Day! I just created a thread on this so as to increase awareness about the day:
https://www.nairaland.com/3550560/happy-world-introvert-day

"Jan. 2 is World Introvert Day. Although not an official holiday, World Introvert Day has been celebrated by introverts around the world since 2011. It’s not a coincidence that World Introvert Day falls immediately after New Year’s Day; the idea is for introverts to take time to recharge after the chaos of the holiday season. No more forced socializing and uncomfortable small talk in the name of being festive. World Introvert Day is all about pajamas and Netflix.

World Introvert Day is also a time to bring awareness to introversion — and remember why introversion is something awesome, not shameful. So here are 12 reasons to celebrate introverts on this day (and really, every day of the year):

1. Introverts really know their stuff.
2. Introverts are problem-solvers and idea-generators.
3. Give up? Not yet.
4. Introverts make better team players than extroverts over the long run.
5. Introverts bring incredible depth and intimacy to their relationships.
6. Introverts know the power of words.
7. Introverts are low maintenance.
8. Introverts are the calm in the center of the storm.
9. Introverts “get” you.
10. Introverts look before they leap.
11. Introverts create worlds in their heads — and help create the world we live in.
12. Who runs the world? Introverts."

Source and full article at:
http://introvertdear.com/news/world-introvert-day-celebrate-introverts/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 10:19am On Jan 02, 2017
gidjah:
why are we always like that,..we find it pretty difficult to communicate, they hardly greet to commensurate, they just like been quiet, I had to switch off my phones since y day,(don't want any "Happy New year bla bla bla..) some one is bereaved, I find it difficult to go see such a one too, it's like it's terrific disturbance.sometimes I say to God in my prayers, Lord 'no one must die o... [truncated]

Lol @ the bolded. The good thing is that it's a good prayer point grin. I put my phone on flight mode sometimes too like I did from 31st night till midday of New Year's Day. I do well to reply all messages though. I just avoid calls as best as I can.

Apus:

Gussh! dt's just what i did yesterday & my sisters thought i was being mean and anti-social. But wht dey dnt knw is dt around these guys i come off as d sweetest friend they ever met, but keeping in touch afterwards bcomes a huge task for me. Till nw i havn't replied sm of d new year messages i got.

Really? You should try to reply those who messaged you at least if you don't initiate the greeting. They remembered to message you because they have you in their thoughts and care about you (I guess) so it's only noble to try and reply, please.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 10:26am On Jan 02, 2017
femora007:
The newest introvert to join the thread.
J'ai besoin d'une amie introvertie sérieuse, envoyez-moi si vous êtes intéressé

Vous êtes bienvenue mei collègue introverti. I'm not sure many of us here will understand your request in French except you want only french-speaking introverts to. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 11:48am On Jan 02, 2017
Melsan:
Happy new year

Happy New Year Melsan.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Apus: 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2017
DonOms:

Lol @ the bolded. The good thing is that it's a good prayer point grin. I put my phone on flight mode sometimes too like I did from 31st night till midday of New Year's Day. I do well to reply all messages though. I just avoid calls as best as I can.

Really? You should try to reply those who messaged you at least if you don't initiate the greeting. They remembered to message you because they have you in their thoughts and care about you (I guess) so it's only noble to try and reply, please.

okay,thanks. Will do just dt.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by peacesamuel94(m): 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2017
happy New Year Friends!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by femora007(m): 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2017
femora007:
The newest introvert to join the thread.
J'ai besoin d'une amie introvertie sérieuse, envoyez-moi si vous êtes intéressé
I need a serious female introvert friend, anyone intrested?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mutuality(m): 12:32pm On Jan 03, 2017
Wow! Finally a pack of people who are just like me.... Sometimes I wonder if an abnormal at least there are people who prove am not.... Glad to be here

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by adroitvezy(m): 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2017
[quote author=Apus post=52458150]

I thought I was alone, people don't just seem to understand.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by femora007(m): 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2017
When I meet people for the first time, 3 out of 5 will say my face is familiar even though we haven't come across each other before. This always surprise me

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Brownhypo: 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2017
How does it feels to meet fellow introvert in person .... Guess no one would want to initiate the convo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Krasid(m): 8:04pm On Jan 03, 2017
Brownhypo:
How does it feels to meet fellow introvert in person .... Guess no one would want to initiate the convo cheesy
The irony is that I am usually more attracted to introverts of the opposite sex and I am an introvert.I guess the expression 'opposite attracts' doesn't apply to me.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 05, 2017
Nice thread. I'm probably the worst introvert on earth.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2017
OSTERREICH:

1.honest thoughts on the name itself do you like it? (Its practically a ‘new’ Yoruba name)
2.Would you change it ..?
3.General thoughts on having new native names instead of recycling old ones.

1) It's a lovely name. Uniquely lovely, though I'm not a fan of long names.

2) If I change the name, it wouldn't be because Afe means monkey in German. Truth is, names are cultural and it often happens that a name in a language means something else in another. Were it a product for sale (like Pajero means "jerk" in Spanish hence the change of name to Montero), you'd change it for marketing sake. But a name? You'd simply explain what it means, init? Preferably though, call her Afeni and don't cut it shorter.

3) A new native name is good. Not only is it creative but also unique. However, avoid making it ridiculously long. Yoruba has that propensity for long names. ELIJAH means "Oluwalolorunmi." Imagine OLUWATOBIJUGBOGBOOTALO? That's creative and unique but how does that even fit on WAEC form boxes for name?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Melsan: 10:43pm On Jan 05, 2017
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Funjosh(m): 11:14am On Jan 06, 2017
Am I Introverts or Extroverts
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mowoe(m): 2:10pm On Jan 06, 2017
A group of introverts hanging out... What does that make them? Extroverts I presume.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 6:16am On Jan 07, 2017
Mowoe:
A group of introverts hanging out... What does that make them? Extroverts I presume.

Your presumption is therefore wholly built on the premise that "introversion means the inability to interact or abstain from interacting within a social group, physically or remotely." Now, that's so fallacious.

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mowoe(m): 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2017
DonOms:

Your presumption is therefore wholly built on the premise that "introversion means the inability to interact or abstain from interacting within a social group, physically or remotely." Now, that's so fallacious.
Well said, but I think it would be rather absurd of me to presume introverts to be socially withdrawn. People interact with other people whether they are introverted or extroverted; what I do know however is that introverts are non-meddlers; they prefer to keep away from external affairs...
By the way, you sound quite philosophical. cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Cinnamon7: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2017
Finally found the fam. New here

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 12:21am On Jan 08, 2017
Mowoe:

Well said, but I think it would be rather absurd of me to presume introverts to be socially withdrawn. People interact with other people whether they are introverted or extroverted; what I do know however is that introverts are non-meddlers; they prefer to keep away from external affairs...
By the way, you sound quite philosophical. cool cool cool

Now, that bolded bit is a much better assertion about introverts.

Introverts may be socially withdrawn and this is often misconstrued as "social awkwardness" but we find our own lovely ways to socially interact often characterized by small groups, low or no noise, break & recharge periods, known faces with similar interests e.t.c.

I'd take your perception of me as a compliment, thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mowoe(m): 6:49am On Jan 08, 2017
DonOms:

I'd take your perception of me as a compliment, thanks.

It was meant to be a compliment.
Well, well! I'll tell you what, one can never be too correct on the definition of introversion.
I know a guy who hates small talks, can never initiate a conversation with someone unfamiliar, doesn't interact with hostel neighbors, but is the life of the party when he's around his friends; like there's never a dull moment with him...what do you call that kinda person? Intro or extro? (I might have swerved a Lil from the original topic tho)

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DonOms(m): 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
Mowoe:

It was meant to be a compliment.
Well, well! I'll tell you what, one can never be too correct on the definition of introversion.
I know a guy who hates small talks, can never initiate a conversation with someone unfamiliar, doesn't interact with hostel neighbors, but is the life of the party when he's around his friends; like there's never a dull moment with him...what do you call that kinda person? Intro or extro? (I might have swerved a Lil from the original topic tho)

Well, first things first: No one is a complete Introvert or Extrovert. We all find our place on the continuum (think of this continuum as a PH Scale where one end is Introversion and the other Extroversion).

Having said that, I think the said guy is largely introverted anyway. You said he is a life of a party when around friends, so he is that way among known faces of a small group. That is consistent with introversion. Although I expect he shouldn't be able to keep up for too long being the life of those parties.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Omoluabi16(m): 9:22am On Jan 09, 2017
Ginaz, are these people not your long lost family?? grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Omoluabi16(m): 9:26am On Jan 09, 2017
Myths: Good looking people are less likely to be introverted in nature, and vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ModestGal(f): 10:24am On Jan 10, 2017
femora007:
I need a serious female introvert friend, anyone intrested?
I am

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ModestGal(f): 10:24am On Jan 10, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Myths: Good looking people are less likely to be introverted in nature, and vice versa.
I am goodlooking
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by ModestGal(f): 10:26am On Jan 10, 2017
I realy think environment somtimes makes som ppl bcm introverted

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 10, 2017
Omoluabi16:

I acknowledge the truth of this post to an extent, although as with everything, there are always exceptions.

There are many factors responsible for why people are introverts, or become introverts, or even become chronic introverts.

Introversion by Trait. If you are an introvert there are chances that your father, mother or relative is an introvert and you inherited that trait from any of them. Search, probe deeply into your extended family, a distant relative of yours is an introvert.

Introversion by past experience(s). I don't believe that people become introverts by choice. That's false. Like life, it just happens on us, it choose us. Like it's our fate, nature destined us to be that way. Something of that sort. Victims of child abuse, or molestation, or rape, or rejection, or those who have suffered a trauma in the past might plunge into depression, and if they can't recover from that emotional illness, it might subsequently lead them to becoming introverts.

And then we come to Introversion by insecurity/flaws. You know, society has over the course of time defined what is right and what's not, what's acceptable and what's not, and this has become the norm. How society react to these 'flaws' we possess and how we receive these reactions, I mean the way criticism of people affects us plays a significant role in moulding us into introverts. You would definitely strive to reconcile to those flaws; if not today, someday you would, but society, bewitched by nature, would probably not accept you with your flaws. Now, it's you against the world. Of course you can't beat the world and as such, you isolate yourself from that world and find solace in your own world (introversion) perfectly created for you. And I don't blame society, no matter how harshly it behaves towards 'weirdity', since it doesn't have control over its disposition.

My opinion anyway.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.